+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 4.5 - Warlord Guide

All credits to this, https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/comments/a2pn2a/wl_61/

Soul Tree should be same with the one on this thread, legendary Rising Waterfall from Reddit spec is quite useless. Admiting I'm quite new to WL, feel free to optimize.

SPAM

#show A Quick Death
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Power Manipulation
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light

REFRESH

#show King of the Hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Breaking Blow
    cast Battlefield Medic

BURST

#show Battlefield Experience
    suppressmacrofailures
    use Reliquary of Rage
    cast Battlefield Experience
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light

*Swift Strike on its own button.

AOE SPAM

#show Wave of Steel
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Wave of Steel
    cast Battlefield Medic

AOE FINISHER

#show Killing Field
    suppressmacrofailures
    use Reliquary of Rage
    cast Killing Field
    cast Breaking Blow
    cast Battlefield Medic

ROTATION

It's pretty straight forward. Using just 2 main buttons and 2 for refreshing buffs;

1) Start with SS>KOH/BB>BURST Macro till Battlefield Experience runs off.

2) Refresh KOH/BB and SS when they run off. Also, they must be on while you are BURSTing.

3) SPAM Macro between your BURST and REFRESH.

SS: Swift Strike
    KOH: King of the Hill
    BB: Breaking Blow

My selfbuffed stats. (w/o stones, vials ; w/ Focus of Body)
    DPS Meter breakdown.

KALERT

KA::A/cmIeNqllG1vmzAQx7+K+wUyjHmUX0ED2rS1mRLyolIlywWTWAE TYWddtO2776BkywOt0k0
    GZN2dfP8fd+d4tkCkLdicq5VAd02xqwTFNKPbiu9F229TWCd+1 ShBLfB1HgvWXJaGTrnhHx6Xnx7
    5k6yk2TOZN0o/6q1spWlK0wqBJ0WhKXZxSL3Ao07QPRjWQ7NDOVeoT3NDs9nX2+ Q+S+bg6v2wXMi
    V0cHsWLD3+uzpz8VGVhWLuTGVKKWoCpR834pWCpWfsNi93oy+E hmlKYmtqR/6kedYQepcjbgRQjG
    xFy90th1SHwdHdPQchnTy34RpBd9ItUJx1TwfMUwMb1fCDGUBl JO4CE+tJMIhsXEILKl7fZEqXhM
    +6CeY+oHzj/pjaCisDbuTWstKoIVp2hpqqw3I7HWXTb7T1Bka6ySOXi3YiHor IE1/GCtlO/x81yL
    Usy3q292DJy6cd0iRN3UNIkbbC4i6tIOZnBPZqmCZrEWBbtddB cZG5MT/rhFZCQVNmLOD1bLJYVB
    86nk+df2J9/LBE6Ci851Cs515FeSt1vrctUtTIrMW6CMYLlEyehETpXEUkSAg JLGTJCTh1WzPvK0
    auGC6LmVNyeBItu50HLotJNBt7n9NyxcBf7Dg7R5lPDcy12NMl 0ERxqEV3aa+neCYRNi+flyeAUn
    X0qzxHwxoOLjW/mL80IbnG/3rnUUanZ9znuxicN7Vb68Nj+Ng6tpet+lfAufNlhka3qPCWBNn pDR
    kDGQqSqG0/AZKt1Kd3QAdyFnA1RRPFS9EweHqbtl6p4pWFKy3aZYPPARGpyv HEc98ed/zpPPZHQK
    Ni5ubEy7s9WCu1WsbAfsNUFo2nQ

Note: I'm using Riftblade on all occasions. This is just a slacking spec with decent dps and not optimal, at all.
    Last edited by Zorsk; 01-20-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    /

How to make Warlord outperform all kind of folks:

(Quicklord: normal build with 1 sec gcd) https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...liGg/38h0|PsP0
    Legendaries: Ready Posture | Everything is a Weapon | A Quick Death | Icy Burst | Swift Strike
    Buffs: Ready Posture | Deadly Posture | Storm Blade | Way of the River | Turn the Blade
    Spoiler!

(Slowlord: slower but slightly higher dmg version) https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...GGliGg/9f|PsP0
    Legendaries: Ready Posture | Everything is a Weapon | A Quick Death | Icy Burst | Retaliation
    Buffs: Ready Posture | Deadly Posture | Storm Blade | Avatar of the Wind
    Spoiler!

The rotation and playstyle remains the same on both versions.

Eventho AQD and DS do not consume the critbonus of koth, having a 60%+ critchance on default plus PT doing more damage than a unboosted(ready posture) AQD
    and also PT having higher crit damage than DS (way higher in raids), the name of the game is average hits.
    The higher the average hit a strike delivers, the higher the priority.

The rotation to gain with goes as following;

Opening rotation:

(charge)or*(Swift Strike)
    - Breaking Blow (+Backhand)
    - (Ready posture procc AQD)
    - koth
    - (Ready posture procc AQD)
    - DS
    - Battlefield Experience
    [for 15 seconds:]
    - 'spam' DS and interrupt it for AQD once when Ready posture proccs
    [after Battlefield Experience]
    refresh koth +1xDS (if Ready posture procc -> koth AQD DS (AQD if procc) PT )
    alternate AQD and PT with koth and Breaking Blow up

Ready posture AQD is your best friend and you interrupt everything for it. When it crits, it's a 3mil.

>Keep in mind that your ogcd's and AQD itself can trigger 2xReady Posture in a row so never delay the procc.
    >The Koth critbuff is on the bug side of life and not trackable. Imagine it as 15sec 100% crit-streak for DS. The streak ends with Piercing Thrust and Wave of Steel utilising it.
    > Before refreshing koth, replace the last DS you would use with PT to eat the critbuff with better base dmg.

(Arterial Strike, Backhand, Icy Burst automaticly throughout the macros ofc)
    Also implementing Battlefield Medic and Eye of the Storm for a little extra starvation.

So basically you have a priority list.
    >Breaking Blow on target (if you expect to hit it for at least 15sec+)
    >AQD with Ready Posture procc
    >Koth and it's 100% crit for DS (PT and WoS will end the crits)
    >DS with 100%crit
    >PT

>unbuffed AQD
    >not criting DS

side infos
    Spoiler!

AOE:
    When having 3+ targets your replace PT with Wave of Steel.
    One maxed Wave of Steel does more aoe dmg than Killing Field. Killing Field is only viable with 3 combo points as an AQD alternative.

4.5 - Warlord Guide-2019-02-02_034738.jpg
    4.5 - Warlord Guide-2019-02-02_035107.jpg

AQD average: 1.245m
    DS average: 1.086m @100%crit
    PT average: 989k
    Ib average: 98.7k

For me this is a very fun and fresh rotation as it can keep up with RB on full melee (proccdependent) while being fully viable as T1 and bos 1/3 ot.

-> About WL being a meme spec: Keep in mind that WL @1.5sec gcd is your go to when entering T1 pre eternal, able to run 750k+

I'm running size 2 kalerts for WL making it very intuitive to react to proccs [top left blue is for AQD, bottom left is for PT/ Wave of Steel]
    4.5 - Warlord Guide-2019-02-02_041341.jpg
    Kalert code
    Code:
    KA::AGVexeNqdUtFqwyAU/ZW87a2LOtMEn5JF2egYI2T0pSC2MU2oi0UtpbCPn7Et66CDblwfrpf
    DueccraRoDtGbtm5nJAGkJlslDtKElvmqfgByiJMpw2kWp7SEFCGCYg8dgbGvqm8dKYUT94v354V
    Y9qp3B96v9GAXe2GUNg03IyHfHgknTWMJACkmEGKSJeOBnpA80teaVmMHQvk1o57TONySsJR9zrT
    rrimf9cM60m3kOhk99UqRnBV5jtIUIQopzVBGAP6j+I3n5LrlnpN3npOLowOYJr87iEMFzfV5jC8
    dzF9avdrZaybmx8V3NmIBMuhBklsjX0pjpdk8fKeM4PSfKRf+3Ub3hdL7C6ETJ8xaupPempxhUcD
    loIxpDjIEQcZQwfDt38Uq8YEu0r1FeX1N+ReX7d49
    cheers
    Last edited by Shas; 08-11-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Seen one and another warr with a compareable breakdown to the one i linked. Please share your experience! (also with WL in general :P )

updates implemented into post #17

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Shas; 08-09-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Seen one and another warr with a compareable breakdown to the one i linked. Please share your experience! (also with WL in general :P )
    Well, in general, I prefer the 11 Riftblade/ 4 Warchanter build over the one in this tread.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...GliGg/!7u|PY_0

I use your macros, with the addition of Deep Breaths and Stand Tall!
    Legendary Seasoned Strikes is a direct drop in for Swift Strike.

Against a practice dummy, I get 900K dps and 10K hps using 13 Paragon.
    Swapping in Warchanter, I get 870K dps and 100k hps.
    Yes! I'll make that trade, 30k DPS for 90K hps.

My go to spec for VP dailies, VP forts and zone bosses, and to occasionally tank an SPE, or switch to it for the 2nd boss in EoA.

Ah nice to hear.

How much aggro does Burning Blood give? (bc it's dmg usualy is pretty trashy)
    -> Try the 62 "Steadfast Soul" Mastery, it's somewhat 'broken' strong(10 times more with Stand tall!) and bis for any spec.

For VP daylies it's Usualy enough to run Ready- and Recovery Posture.

Highest parsing WL is a 1.5 sec 61WL 11RB 4Pala btw, going 1.33m+ on dummies. (But this threat is somewhat dead)

I wonder if you run a WL for dps aswell?
    Last edited by Shas; 08-02-2019 at 01:56 AM.

Soulwalker

My default postures are Ready and Deadly. I have a kalert if my life goes below 150k, I will pop No Permission To Die, and swap Deadly to Recovery. I never need to for VP Dailies. For example I can run in to Rufio, pull the whole room, kill him, and run out, with no problem using Deadly.

Aggro is a problem since this is not a true tanking spec. Burning Blood is weak, but the alternatives are not much better since the bulk of the dps is physical. I suppose 1 point into affinity would be a better choice.

The only time I'm using this spec for tanking is when the dps is really weak. I have to take it slow and steady and killing everything before pulling too much. If we have a healer, they need to avoid overheals, only healing someone in distress, which is almost never me. Since I'm taking it slow, I still run Deadly posture most of the time. In Darkening Deeps I run the ramp in Deadly, and switch to recovery at the bottom.

For me it's just a fun spec to run trivial content. For serious raiding DPS I'm bringing my rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelX View Post
    For me it's just a fun spec to run trivial content. For serious raiding DPS I'm bringing my rogue.
    What a great statement! i want to safe that.
    I think Warrior can kick butt from c.a. 80% of the rogues pretty hard!

For tanking, Champion and Mark of Inevitability may helps getting the attention from scattered mobs quick ( changes up the rotation)

11RB usually goes for Fiery Burst and Scald, as scald can get eternal buffed. (st only)

Nevertheless your WL sounds badass!
    I think a useable, which transfers aggro from someone onto him/ or the taunt useable from Generals order resetting on charge abilities (like Sergeant/ Battlefield Medic) woul open many new options.

Have you tried tanking tdem?

//Updates in post #17
    Last edited by Shas; 08-09-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Soulwalker

No, I haven't tried tanking in TDem, it would put the healer at risk. The healer going down is the most common reason for a wipe. I do run it as DPS, makes for a great off tank on the spider, and can shift into recovery posture if the tank goes down when battle rez is on CD, and sometimes save a wipe.

In terms of mitigation and self healing with DPS, I don't know another class and build in the game that comes close. If that wasn't enough, we get a couple of of charges, a couple of pulls, great run speed, and no permission to die. The only weakness is ranged damage, but at least my build has a 30m Seasoned Strike to apply legendary tactics while closing.

Wink

#Make WL great again

Unfortunately RiftBlade with Tempest and Jolt runs 250k+self hps, deals 98% maximum raid dps and can solo SPE's or tdem - in such a elegant way that swiching to another class and theyr limitations sometimes feels off ^^
    (Avathar of Water for safe mode)

But jeah out-dpsing Rogues and Primalists on Wl is a fun minigame on it's own ^^
    Getting 4m AQD and 2.5m DS max hits. Super satisfying.

-> Your WL can defenitly tank/ot irotp 4/4. try it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2