+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 4.5 - Riftblade Guide

Default 4.5 - Riftblade Guide

DISCLAIMER:
    I will never claim to have the best spec and rotation. Feel free to experiment as you might find something I overlooked and gain dps.

This guide assumes you are already level 70 and have the final stage Eternal (Or at least the second last stage eternal).

Reaver Variant - Higher Sustained damage, more aoe damage with Dire Corruption
    Spoiler!

Tempest Variant - Better target switching, slightly faster weapon proccing - Thanks to Hyung, see his post below.
    Spoiler!

Paladin Variant - Better target switching, Retaliation provides free oGCD damage as well as reflected damage when taking hits. Retaliation also helps with weapon proccing. Haven't been able to test this much but looks good on paper
    Spoiler!

Opener: (Start with 3AP using I'm with you!)
    (Icy Burst) Flamespear > Frost Strike > Rift Strike

Rotation:
    (BS/RB)Builder x3
    (Icy) Builder x3
    (Icy) Builder (Ignore this line if your latency is above 200ms)
    (Fiery) Builder x3

Tryhard Opener:
    Starting with 3AP before pull. As your tank starts counting down, pop Fiery Burst and get at least 2APs
    On pull: Flamespear > (Rift Travel) Rift Strike > (Icy Burst) Frost Strike > Builder > Builder > BURST
    This results in a buffed Icy Burst at the start as well as Fiery Burst already ticking.
    You can also try to time your weapon proc. I've never managed to get it working outside my dimension as I've never had consistent tanks.

Notes:
    - Avoid using Flamespear in your Burst Synergy block, due to travel time and the delay before the first tick of damage it will trigger an icd forcing you to use an extra GCD before your next burst can be used.
    - Do not use 1pt Icy ever! Huge dps loss! Procced damage is based on Attack Points used.
    - Builder is anything that gives an AP, This can be Frost Strike, Soul Sickness, Flamespear, Ravaging Strike or anything in the above macros.
    - Flamespear DOES trigger Icy and Rift Burst, it may not seem like it but it triggers on the first tick rather than on cast. The debuff for Scald applies right away though so you can Icy > Flamespear and it will still trigger Scald.
    - Two 1-Handers still do more dps than a 2-Hander as it increases your Icy proc rate. Even with the ICD that was added.

Playstyle:
    Apart from the finishers in the correct order, you want to prioritise a few things.
    - Keep up max stacks of Legendary Tactics
    - Refresh Frost Strike at 1 - 2 seconds left.
    - Don't clip Flamespear or any dots just refresh them when they fall off
    - DO NOT Delay your finishers

AoE:
    - Enable Fork and make sure you are buffed by Rift Strike and Rift Burst
    - Throw out a Flamespear and spam Stonespear + Thunder Strike with Earth Burst or Storm Burst as your finisher.
    - Use Burst Synergy on cooldown with either aoe finisher.
    - Use Riftspear only if the enemies are grouped up otherwise it's a waste.

If you have any questions you can PM me here, in game Rompalstomp@Laethys or Discord Rompalstomp#8238
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 02-20-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Default Try this

Spec: 61RB / 11 Temp / 4 WC

Masteries: 65: Power Manipulation | 64: Ethereal Strikes | 63: Runner's Training | 62: Steadfast Soul | 61: Any

Legendaries: Blade of the Ascended | Rift Burst | Icy Burst | Shock Pulse | Seasoned Strike

Buffs: Blade of the Ascended | Avatar of the Rift | Avatar of the Wind | Enhanced Conductivity | Empower | Deep Breaths

#if you dont want to see the system chat error, create new window.
    I'm with you! for 3stacks attack point.
    use Deep Breaths before pull

Macro:
    Spoiler!

Rotation:
    Spoiler!

kalert
    Spoiler!

UPDATE Easy version
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by jsjoe; 07-21-2018 at 09:55 PM.
    <Unicef>
    Hyung@Deepwood, Zonna@Deepwood, Zopop@Deepwood
    Zentoo@deepwood, Zotto@deepwood

<Unicef>

Yeh, better up-time on the eternal should yield more dps. Though I'm hoping there's some changes coming to the Eternal soon.

There's also 13 Paragon / 2 Tempest with Turn the Blade
    My original spec was 10 Tempest / 5 Champion

I don't have Hyung's exact rotation but the damage was slightly higher though it took me a bit longer to reach the peak.

All of these specs do comparable numbers so you Warriors have a lot of options here.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 07-17-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsjoe View Post
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../Vggg/!7u|_tP0

Spec: 61RB / 11 Temp / 4 WC
    Masteries: 65: Power Manipulation | 64: Ethereal Strikes | 63: Runner's Training | 62: Steadfast Soul | 61: Any

Legendaries: Blade of the Ascended | Rift Burst | Icy Burst | Shock Pulse | Seasoned Strike

Buffs: Blade of the Ascended | Avatar of the Rift | Avatar of the Wind | Enhanced Conductivity | Empower | Deep Breaths

#if you dont want to see the system chat error, create new window.
    I'm with you! for 3stacks attack point.
    use Deep Breaths before pull

Macro:
    Spoiler!

kalert
    Spoiler!

UPDATE Easy version
    Spoiler!
    Awesome spec, quite smart to use Deep breaths for maximum eternal procs, atm im using the easier version to see if its Worth using (which it is) but i'd love to aim higher and know how the more difficult one is played
    Here is a reference for those who have lower stats and looking at its viability
    https://gyazo.com/e1df63b972b6ab1d692ec66f719b8cca
    Last edited by Slaybae; 07-18-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Gonna have to try these out after raid, but hyung has WAY more gear, and is parsing about the same that I am with my spec. Tiny bit more. I'll upload pics of gear and parses later. I'm still using 10temp/5rvr, and I feel like 8rvr/7temp would be best if they fixed pandemic. Either way, seems like everyone is a bit all over the place with RB for sure.
    *Fancy signature graphics followed by fancy looking Fonts with all the colors*
    BISCULTS@WOLFSBANE, GRAYSKULL Warrior lead and life coach

"I'll give YOU a punishing blow" - DarkDaemon 2016
    "If you're close to a guy, its a ok to do a little touching" - DarkDaemon 2017

https://gyazo.com/218a9d6abb77b16f7d6371e4eb32f25f

did a parse rq, was 1.11 before i hit stop. As you can see there is a big gear gap there? and again thats 10temp/5rvr. NO fieryburst, NO soulsickness, and maintaining two stacks of legendary tactics. Thats what has netted the highest parse, for me, so far.
    *Fancy signature graphics followed by fancy looking Fonts with all the colors*
    BISCULTS@WOLFSBANE, GRAYSKULL Warrior lead and life coach

"I'll give YOU a punishing blow" - DarkDaemon 2016
    "If you're close to a guy, its a ok to do a little touching" - DarkDaemon 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuitsyum View Post
    Gonna have to try these out after raid, but hyung has WAY more gear, and is parsing about the same that I am with my spec. Tiny bit more. I'll upload pics of gear and parses later. I'm still using 10temp/5rvr, and I feel like 8rvr/7temp would be best if they fixed pandemic. Either way, seems like everyone is a bit all over the place with RB for sure.

yea, thats outcome makes no odds.
    The bottom line is that warriors need to sustainedly weapon proc.
    <Unicef>

Soulwalker

[QUOTE=jsjoe;5359689]Spec: 61RB / 11 Temp / 4 WC

Hi JSJOE,

Since my Sergeant's Order got destroyed, I'm looking for a new warrior soul based on RB and Temp. "Holy" kindly guided me to your version, with rotation. I have decent gear--T2 and a few T3, but am only hitting about 240M in a 5 minute session......

Stats are OK too--but can't seem to crit higher than about 150,000.

Do you have any ideas I can try? I'll be away from today until Saturday---so won't get to try out any ideas until then--but I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have...........

Soulwalker

Default Biscuitsyum???

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuitsyum View Post
    https://gyazo.com/218a9d6abb77b16f7d6371e4eb32f25f

did a parse rq, was 1.11 before i hit stop. As you can see there is a big gear gap there? and again thats 10temp/5rvr. NO fieryburst, NO soulsickness, and maintaining two stacks of legendary tactics. Thats what has netted the highest parse, for me, so far.

Hi Biscuitsyum,

Any chance you'd post your macros? Also not sure exactly what build this is. I've been running para--until they pulled sergeant's order. Now I'm digging for something new. Thanks for posting!
    Isteria

Soulwalker

cast Seasoned Strike
    cast @self Power manipulation
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light

Rotation:

Opener:
    Seasoned Strike x2 → Frost Strike → Builder x1 (Rift Strike) → Burst Synergy Macro x2

ST DPS:
    under 100ms ping:
    Builder x3 → Finisher
    Builder x1 → Finisher
    Builder x3 → Finisher
    Builder x3 → Burst Synergy Macro

AOE DPS:
    AOE Builder x3 → AOE Finisher

Hi again: I'm not EXACTLY a noob--but do ask stupid questions sometimes... if you have a moment????...........

1. Does this tree HAVE Break Free and Fading Light?

2. When you say "Builder X3 -> Finisher, do you mean hit the Builder macro 3X? or run THROUGH it 3X?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Isteria View Post
    cast Seasoned Strike
    cast @self Power manipulation
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light

Rotation:

Opener:
    Seasoned Strike x2 → Frost Strike → Builder x1 (Rift Strike) → Burst Synergy Macro x2

ST DPS:
    under 100ms ping:
    Builder x3 → Finisher
    Builder x1 → Finisher
    Builder x3 → Finisher
    Builder x3 → Burst Synergy Macro

AOE DPS:
    AOE Builder x3 → AOE Finisher

Hi again: I'm not EXACTLY a noob--but do ask stupid questions sometimes... if you have a moment????...........

2. When you say "Builder X3 -> Finisher, do you mean hit the Builder macro 3X? or run THROUGH it 3X?

1. Those are Planar Attunement abilities
    2. hit the builder macro 3 times, or in other words get 3 Attack Points

*side note* the 11reaver variant, at least for me, does more dps, also only use 3point Icy-/Rift-/Fiery Burst, if you can squeeze in the 1point finisher use Storm-/Earth Burst
    Last edited by Hendrikdawin; 07-30-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isteria View Post

You may want to read through my original post before trying variants, it has most of the core info you need including what counts as a builder.

Break Free is available to every class by default. Fading Light is in the Dusk tree under Planar Attunement. Neither are needed for dps, they simply cleanse you of stuns, roots, etc

Rift Disciple

I'm no pro warrior, just finally had the time to parse with different variants for a bit.

Using frost instead of searing cuz I parsed higher that way, its jammed af when I frost for buff and searing on main. All parses have stone/vial/feast/sigil/auras/ fp&lf, even though the numbers don't look that good. Waiting to see if the pros can hold 1.5 1.6+ with the buffs.

Latency:

4.5 - Riftblade Guide-latency.jpg

61 - 11RV - 4 WC:

4.5 - Riftblade Guide-stats-61-11rv-4wc.jpg
    4.5 - Riftblade Guide-parse-61-11rv-4wc.jpg

61 - 11 Temp - 4 WC:

4.5 - Riftblade Guide-stats-61-11temp-4wc.jpg
    4.5 - Riftblade Guide-parse-61-11temp-4wc.jpg

61 - 13 RV - 2 WC:

4.5 - Riftblade Guide-stats-61-13-rv-2-wc.jpg
    4.5 - Riftblade Guide-parse-61-13rv-2wc.jpg

61 - 13 Temp - 2 WC:

4.5 - Riftblade Guide-stats-61-13temp-2wc.jpg
    4.5 - Riftblade Guide-parse-61-13temp-2wc.jpg

And then happened to see guildie doing RB burst in QF as I was chon, I asked for permission to post, not sure if it provides any info but here it is:

4.5 - Riftblade Guide-letigre-stats.jpg
    4.5 - Riftblade Guide-letigre-qf-parse.jpg
    Last edited by Cileriqao; 08-02-2018 at 04:41 AM.
    Cileriqao@Greybriar <Kairos>

Quote Originally Posted by Cileriqao View Post
    Rift Spear is a monster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast