+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 51 of 51
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 4.5 tempest will do 900k-1.1mill

  1. #46
    Ascendant Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    The info requested is ... RB does 200k more DPS than any ranged spec on Isiel, 2nd phase, likely more when using a melee-friendly tactic. Sorry that the truth isn't what you wanted to hear.
    ok so to clarify I don't have any doubts you are correct I just wanted an answer about using Rvr or Tempest, I never asked for a comparison I simply made the comment that I lose a lot of sustain at range in RB going from 1mil down to 700k. I didn't need to be told anything about RB, yes I realize I am not very good with it ranged and doubt I am capable for making up for that which is why I asked if the spec in this thread could still pull 900k or if there was a new or more viable tempest or rvr I could use to replace RB on that one fight where I personally am inept.

  2. #47
    Ascendant Shas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,495

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    [...] or if there was a new or more viable tempest or rvr I could use to replace RB on that one fight where I personally am inept.
    Spoiler!



    Hello Tempest boys, try this one:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ade-guide.html
    Last edited by Shas; 02-16-2020 at 09:30 PM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

  3. #48
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    67

    Default 61Temp/11Paragon/4RV

    Disclaimer: I don't claim to know anything about anything. I am fairly new to Rift and am still learning so please do take whatever I write with a grain of salt.

    I came here looking for an alternative to RB for BOS unfortunately like most specs on the forum looks like this one has been nerfed. I was getting between 820k-850k DPS with this which is not bad I guess.

    So I switched out the RB soul for Reaver and took the legendary Ravaging strike for 3 stacks of legendary tactics and BOA Buff. Using the same macro as OP minus Icy Burst I was getting 900k DPS. It started out really strong at 1.3mil by 17 secs in it was down to 800kDPS, every time wavelength kicks in it goes over 900k.

    Since I don't really know what I am doing maybe one of the data scientists on the forum and take this spec and make it viable again.

    Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.5 tempest will do 900k-1.1mill-dps.jpg  
    Last edited by codeblue001; 06-04-2021 at 09:00 PM.

  4. #49
    Ascendant Shas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by codeblue001 View Post
    Disclaimer: I don't claim to know anything about anything. I am fairly new to Rift and am still learning so please do take whatever I write with a grain of salt.

    I came here looking for an alternative to RB for BOS unfortunately like most specs on the forum looks like this one has been nerfed. I was getting between 820k-850k DPS with this which is not bad I guess.

    So I switched out the RB soul for Reaver and took the legendary Ravaging strike for 3 stacks of legendary tactics and BOA Buff. Using the same macro as OP minus Icy Burst I was getting 900k DPS. It started out really strong at 1.3mil by 17 secs in it was down to 800kDPS, every time wavelength kicks in it goes over 900k.

    Since I don't really know what I am doing maybe one of the data scientists on the forum and take this spec and make it viable again.

    Thanks!

    Hey again, don't bother too much, 61 PoA Tempest is like that.

    Use your 3 combo points to use ''Arc'' once right before Wavelength and once during it so that it takes the dmg from charged Pulse and try to only use abilities with the Pulse title (electricity Cascade is the only exception)

    Also, use the finisher Chain Pulse on 3 cp every now and then. It's a pulse proccing Double Pulse with a little more base dmg than Shock Pulse.
    -> Only use Chain Pulse when the eternal is running. It costs less than most other attacks and may delay eternal activation.


    Out of combat use Storm Torrent for 3cp (+ False Repose!! or Storm Torrent makes you ranged-autoattack whatever you target next.)



    ((precast)Charged Pulse-Double Pulse) - Electricity Cascade - Shock Pulse x3 (for Tactics) - Arc - Wavelength - ''spam'' Charged Pulse + Double Pulse (when the eternal is running use Arc again) - then just use >Delayed Pulse, Dual Pulse, Shock Pulse and Chain Pulse (3cp)< until Wavelength.



    -> feel free to skip the 3p stacking, Cascade and Tactics and just start dry with a Wavelength spam<-




    Before followup Wavelength refresh Cascade if needed and start Wavelength with 3cp and Arc.

    This is the closest i got turning a onebutton into something with mechanics


    The legendary Double Pulse makes PoA Tempest so spammy and legendary Wavelength favors Turn the blade while the other legendaries (Legendary Tactics) being pretty ****ty compared to what other classes get. So 61Tempest struggles to collect the ca. 220% bonus from legendaries.


    Tempest really is the poor man's choice but enough people enjoy it - and just doing a dry burst with Wavelength is enough for most things tbh.

    Make sure you use Jolt, Storm Shield and Focused Fire during combat when eternal is down for a littlebit more power starvation.

    Sidenote: There were global dps nerfs late 2018. Alot of older posts have some1mil+ numbers in T1 gear, this got greatly reduced by ca. 20% at the end of 2018.
    Last edited by Shas; 06-05-2021 at 08:18 AM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

  5. #50
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Hey again, don't bother too much, 61 PoA Tempest is like that.

    Tempest really is the poor man's choice but enough people enjoy it - and just doing a dry burst with Wavelength is enough for most things tbh.

    Sidenote: There were a global dps nerfs late 2018. Alot of older posts have some1mil+ numbers in T1 gear, this got greatly reduced by ca. 20% at the end of 2018.
    I lol'ed at "Tempest really is the poor man's choice but enough people enjoy it". It looks like its RB or die for Warriors for the End game .

    I will try out your suggestions, knowing myself (Terrible multi-tasker) though, whenever I try to play a spec the right way I tend to do worse, that's why I gravitate towards the easier builds even if it means sacrificing100-200k DPS.

    I tried out your Isiel specific Tempest build. I was not sure if you were joking or being serious, especially since you said focus on the tank and enable 'cast on target's target' but is it supposed to be a DPS ( or DPS/Heal hybrid) build, it was only doing 345k DPS on the Dummy.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by codeblue001; 06-05-2021 at 06:27 AM.

  6. #51
    Ascendant Shas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by codeblue001 View Post
    I lol'ed at "Tempest really is the poor man's choice but enough people enjoy it". It looks like its RB or die for Warriors for the End game .

    I will try out your suggestions, knowing myself (Terrible multi-tasker) though, whenever I try to play a spec the right way I tend to do worse, that's why I gravitate towards the easier builds even if it means sacrificing100-200k DPS.

    I tried out your Isiel specific Tempest build. I was not sure if you were joking or being serious, especially since you said focus on the tank and enable 'cast on target's target' but is it supposed to be a DPS ( or DPS/Heal hybrid) build, it was only doing 345k DPS on the Dummy.

    Thanks!
    Oh that ''isiel specific one'' is meant to give warriors who onebutton tempest or 600k reaver there anyway something to be useful by applying absorbs to the tank while on the afk autoclicker.
    It's for people who call 20 wipes on isiel ''unlucky rng'' while running Tempest in group content.
    It's serious but also not. If that makes sence.

    Tempest was a fun thing in Storm Legion with a 3 set 15 sec block rotation - but now it's rather - weird.

    You can totally run Warlord on Titanx. But it will bring less to the table- a luxury pick.
    Last edited by Shas; 06-05-2021 at 08:16 AM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts