+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Paragon/Riftblade

Quote Originally Posted by ocalen View Post
    you can dps more if you activate your buff ( Way of the Wind ) with oblivion blade's proc up Attachment 33109

sorry for my bad english
    i dont understand, isnt that buff already buffed from the eternal proc when its up?

Xly
    Plane Touched

The warrior eternal procs from your energy getting low. It shows as a little brownish sword symbol in your buffs. If you buff your buff while this buff is up, they "snapshot" -> the buffed damage is higher because it remembers the value it had while the eternal buff (and possible flaring + lava field) were up.

Soulwalker

Anybody try this spec yet or make any changes to see how dps is doing? Was very depressed yesterday logging on and finding ALL of my builds gone. Having to relearn every spec again is extremely depressing and video games are supposed to be fun.

Soulwalker

I've been running Reaver, which didn't get reset (even got buffed a little). Came here to see if there were any changes to this spec needed before I re-install it. Since there's nothing here, I'll give it a try as-is. I'm not the best one to test it, though, my gear is far from BIS - old seal, Eternal Weapon not yet fully upgraded along with half my armor. At least I can see how it compares to how I was doing before the update.

Soulwalker

Default It's bad

I replaced Legendary Sergeant's Order with Legendary Empowering Strike to get the Legendary Tactics buff. Doing a bit more than 1/3 the DPS on the Raid Boss dummy that I was doing before. Terrible. Back to running Reaver.

General of Telara

On PTS with Seargeants Order removed you could get over 1.1million dps with this spec. This was with the inital version of tactics that had no cd. They changed it to the current version with the every 3 second damage without compensating the damage though. I didn't even know it had been changed in fact until it went live.

I don't like this spec so not sorry to see it go but it just shows how messed up the warrior balancing is at the moment.

Soulwalker

[QUOTE=Balidin;5359518]On PTS with Seargeants Order removed you could get over 1.1million dps with this spec. This was with the inital version of tactics that had no cd. They changed it to the current version with the every 3 second damage without compensating the damage though. I didn't even know it had been changed in fact until it went live.

I don't like this spec so not sorry to see it go but it just shows how messed up the warrior balancing is at the moment.[/QUOTE

It may have warranted a bit of a nerf, but this version that fires only once every 3 seconds is pathetic, it doesn't begin to compensate for the loss of LSO.
    Last edited by Greenknight; 07-15-2018 at 10:33 PM.

same build, only 15 RB, Flamespear legendary, 0 tempest (for the 2% buff)
    my gear is mostly T1, T2, my weapon is NOT the max up.
    at least the build is very easy to use and has some AOE with Sweeping blades.
    You decide if dps is good or bad, test is on Raid Boss Practice Dummy 4.0 self buffed.
    I've not used that buff trick coz i don't get it.
    Have in mind the build will not do too well on Mallanon and Arakhurn, probably coz they have high fire resistances (if not immune at all)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paragon/Riftblade-2018-07-21_155707.jpg  
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tumbak; 07-21-2018 at 06:31 AM.

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbak View Post
    Have in mind the build will not do too well on Mallanon and Arakhurn, probably coz they have high fire resistances (if not immune at all)
    WHAT?
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    WHAT?
    RIP Pyromancer

Sword of Telara

As far as I know, the bosses in Rift have no resistance to individual elements. There is a fixed resistance value for magical and physical attacks, but it is always the same for all bosses.

Im wrong then, altho it woulve made sence for them to have high fire resistances, since they live in lava, not? That was my noob explanation why i do less on them

King of Slackers

Im wrong then, altho it woulve made sence for them to have high fire resistances, since they live in lava, not? That was my noob explanation why i do less on them
    The reason you are doing less damage on them is the strange Hitbox of both bosses and the Eye of Omnox melee interaction
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    The reason you are doing less damage on them is the strange Hitbox of both bosses and the Eye of Omnox melee interaction
    yes i know battles take longer and u dont do dps all the time also i try to stay in range of the trinket. my lower (imo) dps was comaprably to what others are doing, having in mind what they did on other bosses and the differences we had. Lets pls drop the subject
    Last edited by Tumbak; 07-21-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by arbosch View Post
    It destroys every soul which had sergents orders in it. As more burst you had as more destroyed the soul is. If you make 60% of your damage in 20% of the time and you use your sergents orders in this time it give you 120% damage and in the time you and the rest of the time still 40%. Lets look at this with simple numbers. Before

60dmg/first 20 seconds
    40 dmg/next 60 seconds
    15 dmg/next 20 seconds where you wait on sergents orders
    60 dmg/next 20 seconds
    40 dmg/next 60 seconds
    15 dmg/next 20 seconds
    Total 230 dmg

With sergants oders
    120dmg/first 20 seconds
    40 dmg/next 60 seconds
    15 dmg/next 20 seconds where you wait on sergents orders
    120 dmg/next 20 seconds
    40 dmg/next 60 seconds
    15 dmg/next 20 seconds
    Total 350 dmg

So you see sergents orders gave you more then 50% of your dps. As less burst you had as less damage you got but as far i can say from test system every rotation we had is broken and the numbers i saw from test system let us fall even far behind the other other classes. If you use your old rotation you will get a real bad surprise when the patch is coming out. Not a single rotation still give us near the same dps as before. We have to rework every rotation and i fear most warriors will not do this. They will log in. Play their rotation and see what low damage they do and quit. I was not even at 50% on test server when i played the normal rotation.

Arbosch Bloodforge
    I have been doing exactly that! Trying--hard--to keep the souls I'm accustomed to and mod the macros---but without SO I drop MINIMUM 30%. Very disappointing. Not sure if I'll leave, but I can't try to "recover" forever!
    Thanks for this review......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast