New patch really shot the hell out of this spec +

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkeep View Post
    Yep, it should never have existed in the first place
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Yup. I think that was the point.

Every spec should play a role - strong tank with gobs of hit points or quick tank with lots of dodge. Fancy raid healer with HOTs and lots of direct heals or straightforward raid healer with passive heals and a bit of damage. Tank heals with lots of shields or Tank heals with lots of mitigation. Great bursting DPS or long-term solid high DPS.

Best heals, best AoE damage, best ST damage, a cleanse and a battle-res all in one spec? CRAZY! Too bad the Chantion could not also cast Flaring Power, amirite?

Soulwalker

Default sad

Just sad , I started to really injoy this game, time to move on I guss =

Just sad , I started to really injoy this game, time to move on I guss =
    I hope you don't move on, Darkkeep. One of the most interesting things about RIFT is the massive amounts of interesting things you can do with the soul combinations. Personally, I'm not into the "theory crafting" required to figure out what stuff works good together, but there are plenty who do it. And soon we'll have new common specs that are good and fun.

This big change hit warriors the hardest, but they have been without any good decent versatility in a LONG time. I hope to see some Paragons, maybe a Tempest or a Reaver, or something soon. And I do hope you'll give it a chance to settle down and find a new thing for you warrior.

It plays exactly the same after the patch with maybe 2 skill points change. Other then that nothing changed. If you cant figure it out, maybe ya should move on to the next easiest 1 button build.

Rift Disciple

Default Just my 2c worth

whether it should or shouldn't have belonged isn't the point.. The point is - just glancing at the patch notes for warrior, this many changes shouldn't have been employed until an xpack. not just warchanter but pretty much ALL warrior builds have been totally messed up and will need to be rerolled and relearned there are too many changes across too many souls for a "weekly fix patch". Personally, I will sideline my warrior for now until I have time to review all the changes and how they affect all my current builds. many people don't play rift for a living and are not going to be happy with something this drastic across the board for a single class.

Trion, if you are watching, please reserve major across the board changes like this in a single class for a major xpack... or implement them gradually a little over time for each soul

All the changes to the warrior and to all the callings are LONG overdue. The play imbalance that is caused by the millions of variations of Legendary Powers, Masteries, Soul-combos, and the Eternal Weapons got WAY out of hand.

While frustrating because everyone has to reconfigure and average DPS numbers are going down across the board, this change was needed for any further new content to be meaningful. It involves a lot of fundamental changes so hopefully further enhancements will be good and enjoyable for all. And coming soon!

Rift Disciple

Default Ummm

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    All the changes to the warrior and to all the callings are LONG overdue. The play imbalance that is caused by the millions of variations of Legendary Powers, Masteries, Soul-combos, and the Eternal Weapons got WAY out of hand.

While frustrating because everyone has to reconfigure and average DPS numbers are going down across the board, this change was needed for any further new content to be meaningful. It involves a lot of fundamental changes so hopefully further enhancements will be good and enjoyable for all. And coming soon!
    Ok yes changes were needed, but ?long overdue"? how about 1 year of Warriors being competitive to account for the what, 5-6 years them being just "space filler"? Yes, Chantion was OP... Warriors EARNED that right after years and years of putting up with being the least powerful dps class... but lets not get into that...

what DOES concern me is the vastness of the overhaul, just about EVERY build currently in play is wiped clean - all at once, basically sidelining warriors from raiding for the next week or so (unless the raid wants to carry inferior useless builds), while we the rift community sort out the huge steaming pile of brown stuff trion threw in our laps, and find out some new viable builds where we, once again, will be at the very bottom of dps meters (we were never at the top, ever, in our entire existence - that pleasure goes to rogues, since beta

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post

Seriously warriors are the less wanted class on raids. To 'balance' them to make them worser has no impact on raids. You can replace warriors in every position with any other class and get a way better raid performance. If you will have raid balance you have to touch a lot other classes then warriors.

Arbosch Bloodforge

Quote Originally Posted by eunichman View Post
    how about 1 year of Warriors being competitive to account for the what, 5-6 years them being just "space filler"? Yes, Chantion was OP... Warriors EARNED that right after years and years of putting up with being the least powerful dps class... but lets not get into that...
    I'm sorry, what? 5-6 years? Have you actually played Warrior? This is the only expansion Warrior has been under-powered. Every other expansion we've had several competitive specs we could swap between based on the fight. This entire expansion we've had 1 spec at a time that was even remotely useful and even then it was behind other classes.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Shield of Telara

From my collected data I conclude that it was a DMG loss to have more than 1 warrior in the raid, mainly because all other classes (except Cleric) did much more ST damage and the warrior was only used as DPSHealer for Commander Isiel and Titan X.

I hope this situation will change with the 4.5 patch, but I haven't seen any parses yet.

Soulwalker

@Mortalim if you're having luck with a ST chantion build do share. I found aoe may still be viable but not for BOS.
    All I can say is this is depressing and I love my warrior.

Rift Disciple

warrior wouldnt be so useless if they kept the L.tactic the way it was on pts. They added in the "only trigger once every 3s" and bumping up the dmg in each tick. Making this new legendary from doing 350k+ alone on pts to now on live doing 40k, which is pretty useless.

Paragon was nerfed on pts due to no longer able to snapshot WotW and losing SO but it was still kinda viable doing 1.3-1.4m (after fixing L.flamespear doing insane dmg from RB offsoul).

But then they decided to add in that once every 3s thing without putting it on pts whatsoever and just patched it onto live in the last minute making this potentially the only viable dps spec for warriors become no longer competitive.

/shrug
    Last edited by Cileriqao; 07-12-2018 at 04:26 AM.

This spec needed to die as a DPS build. Full stop.

It did unacceptable amounts of HPS and DPS such that warriors were automatically benched if they didn't have Warchanter. It also meant that all our other possible builds weren't needed or were caries since they under performed Chantion.

I'm glad it's dead as a DPS build.

It is still a perfectly viable tank healing build! My guild cleared BoS last night and I played this spec, with another warrior, to tank heal of the second boss. It still comes with the added bonus of some free damage. Depending on your gear, expect 3-600K ST DPS. During the tank & adds phase, I was on the meter with ~1.2mill cleave. See for yourself

Yes it's less damage. It's 41 points into a tank healing soul. It should never have had that much DPS. I still think it does too much, but w/e.

All that said, I'm really super disappointed that we don't have a viable alternative now that Chantion is dead and Para/Rb got nerfed.

I really want to know what the goal was for this patch. If it was to make warriors healers and tanks and give up on anything else...well, that goal was accomplished...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast