+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Iillia Raydan

Thread: 4.2 One Button Warlord

Soulwalker

Default 4.2 One Button Warlord

Guess whoís back! Thatís right! One button warlord. But letís start out with shout outs to sahtiaro for making a guide to one button warlord back in NMT. And shout out to secondbass for making the guide for Overlord and inspiring me to make this spec and now write this guide! And another shout out to DarkDaemon for making a one button Beastmaster spec. Without seeing how that works with Riftblade this spec would not have been made!

Please keep in mind this spec does less DPS than Overlord.

The other really nice solo spec for warrior, now way easier and less dps. Like Overlord this is a melee only spec! And doesnít really have strong AoE dps.

Link to the spec!

Masteries
    61 - Resonating Strikes - Moar shields! Woooo!
    62 - Soul Regeneration - Moar heals! Also Wooo!
    63 - Runnerís Training - In comparison to Overlord this spec doesnít starve out on power as much so I chose this. But if you find yourself starving out too often choose Energy Reserves.
    64 - Ethereal Strike - I find this does moar DPS than the other masteries. But if you can show me some comparisons and any other is better tell me and I will change it!
    65 - Power Manipulation - Does better DPS but if you need a heal use Power Variation instead.

Legendaries

For Warlord
    Ready Posture - This is key to the spec and if leveling this comes first. It now gives a proc chance to allow you to use A Quick Death regardless of HP remaining and will do 300% moar dps.
    A Quick Death - This ability in this spec will be around 50% of your dps so have to get this one. It changes to 60% remaining and will do moar dps. WIll also count as a finisher and still grant attack points.
    Everything is a Weapon - The passive is already really strong before you can start using A Quick Death. So before the target is 60% and under this is what will keep DPS high.

Paragon
    Swift Strike - While this may be a one button if you want to do moar dps use this ability every 20 secs!

Riftblade
    Icy Burst - It increases dps but not by a huge amount but the real reason to this legendary will be explained later on.

Crystal - Martial

Your buffs
    Ready Posture
    Deadly Posture for dps (Use Recovery Posture if in need of healing instead but keep Ready Posture.)
    Storm Blade
    Way of the River

Now for the goodies!

Macros

The one button spam
    #show Piercing Thrust
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast Killing Field
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Battlefield Experience
    cast @self Power Manipulation
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Icy Burst

Opener and debuffs
    #show Swift Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Breaking Blow
    cast Swift Strike

Power drain(This is for the eternal weapon and those that want to proc it intentionally)
    #show Rising Waterfall
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Swift Strike
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast No Permission to Die
    cast Sergeant's Order
    cast General's Order
    cast Eye of the Storm
    cast Forced March
    cast Defend

How to play

Use the one button macro if you feel really lazy.
    The opener and debuffs macro is for moar dps. And if using it, it is best to refresh it every 20 secs even though Breaking Blow and Swift Strike have different timers.
    Power drain macro was explained above.

The spec will naturally power drain itself as a result of putting Battlefield Medic and Icy Burst into the spam macro so in the middle of a fight you will power drain but with the eternal not starve as you do not drain enough. The upside though is that you donít have to do much to proc the weapon as I noticed it drained itself around 25 secs after it came off the cooldown. If you want to drain it more, put Eye of the Storm into the macro.

A guildie of mine found an easy way to keep track of the eternal weapon proc. Whenever Swift Strike needed to be refreshed he used the power drain macro right after as both had timers of 20 secs.

The spoiler thingy is for those that want to get better at the spec!
    Spoiler!

Why make this spec?
    Well my warrior is an alt and so, needed a spec that does something. The good thing about this spec is that there is room to improve. Going back to the downsides, comparing it to Tempest. It isnít ranged and has much much less burst.

Conclusion.
    If you see Iím missing something let me know!

P.S.
    I don't PvP so this spec isn't truly suited for it. If someone out there is a PvPer and want to say the changes do so please!
    Last edited by Iillia Raydan; 09-25-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Soulwalker

the problem of one buton is when the target under 60 your one macro will spam it so its not worth to play 1 buton

Soulwalker

It is actually worth it as A Quick Death can out DPS every other ability other than a properly buffed Piercing Thrust. Which can only really be done every 15 secs because of King of the Hill. If you try this out on the pre-damaged dummy you'll see that it'll do moar dps. All the other abilities are filler in a sense to proc A Quick Death, they are there to do some DPS but to get to the key ability.
    Last edited by Iillia Raydan; 09-19-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Iillia Raydan View Post
    Macros

The one button spam
    #show Piercing Thrust
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast Killing Field
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Battlefield Experience
    cast @self Power Manipulation
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Icy Burst
    KF will never go off because of IB.

Battlefield Medic and Battlefield Experience eat EIAW legendary proc, these shouldn't be in the main spam. Nor should backhand, as it's not worth wasting the EIAW on either (despite the fact that it will rarely be used, if ever). Arterial you can get away with because it actually gives an AP so you get IB+EIAW > AS > IB+EIAW > next ability... but this overlap every 4gcd's will be a lot of macro lag (3 ogcd abilities back to back)

Soulwalker

Thanks for the comments about ways to improve it, for Killing Field I do use it myself on a separate macro but for the guide I kept that macro out for simplicity as the spec was designed for that. Although for Battlefield Medic and Experience that's a really stupid bug that I hope gets fixed. I feel like that shouldn't happen. But thank you for pointing out! Oh and for the macro lag, yeah it's a one button. It was going to happen. :P
    Last edited by Iillia Raydan; 09-20-2017 at 07:23 AM.
    Iillia or Iillya on Faeblight from Dawn of Terror! Go Team!

Quote Originally Posted by Iillia Raydan View Post
    Thanks for the comments about ways to improve it, for Killing Field I do use it myself on a separate macro but for the guide I kept that macro out for simplicity as the spec was designed for that. Although for Battlefield Medic and Experience that's a really stupid bug that I hope gets fixed. I feel like that shouldn't happen. But thank you for pointing out! Oh and for the macro lag, yeah it's a one button. It was going to happen.
    The killing field bug (if they consider it a bug) won't be looked into unless it's reported with evidence. So report it if you'd like it fixed.

(Thanks for writing a guide! I'll check it out soonish!)
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Shadowlander

Thanks for the guide! I was able to pull decent numbers with this spec by making a Killing Field macro and by creating another spam macro without A Quick Death in it. Over 60% I use your spam, under 60% I use the non AQD macro and hit the normal spam on every Ready Posture proc.
    My warrior is my third alt and has half expert and half lfr gear so I was happy with 500k dps. I would like to know how it scales though

Soulwalker

For the scaling I actually don't know. I'm no pro Warrior as it is my alt as well but it does have really high crit chance and gets it's own crit damage outside of getting the stat so when you reach soft cap for stuff you go higher at no penalty. A guildie of mine tested the spec at the highest level and he did some high dps but he is maxed out on gear. T2 Eternal, level 15 frags, all CP essences max raid gear etc. But it still won't outperform an Overlord but after 5 mins on a dummy it CAN out dps a Tempest, it doesn't not always though. And when he did outperform Tempest it was like 50k difference so not even truly noticeable.
    Last edited by Iillia Raydan; 09-20-2017 at 07:23 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks so much for this spec it's a nice easy 600k dps without buffs / pots / etc

Ewa
    Rift Disciple

Default Someone make 61 WL Current Guide

Someone make a proper 61 WL Guide. Not One button.

I've breifty tested this one button and it has potential. Maybe it could be useful if higher than temlpest since OverLord can't attack more than 5 meters from the boss's center.

Soulwalker

Default I am working on one right now!

I am in fact working on a proper Warlord spec, the points, masteries, legendaries, and the core of the spec is all there. Just very simplified. I think I am playing a proper Warlord now. Just ironing out the kinks! But if you got tips and tricks or just more info for me be sure to say and it'll be included! Right now I'm using 4 buttons and doing more DPS than the 2 buttons from what is there now. But I'm just still poking around in it.

And there we have it! I posted the better version of this Warlord!
    Last edited by Iillia Raydan; 09-25-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Disclamer : I'm new to warrior quite ungeared, depending on your gear some specs will scale better than others.

Gear : https://imgur.com/XHOsBkn

Dps per specs : https://imgur.com/VkFnTiu

edit : It has been brought to my attention that the energy drain of my Warlord variant isn't enough. This spec is stronger that the 1 button warlord for warrior with no eternal weapon or Eternal weapon before the Wicket upgrade.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Kreezhem; 09-28-2017 at 04:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread