+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 4.1 Overlord DPS Guide

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer SecondBass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    218

    Default 4.1 Overlord DPS Guide

    Currently top ST DPS.

    The OG soloing spec returns with a BANG, currently being Warrior's strongest ST DPS spec. However, this spec actually has weaknesses as it is 100% melee and its ST DPS will be obliterated when facing groups of enemies.

    Point Spread:
    41 Warlord/35 Champion/0 Paragon

    Masteries:
    61: Dying Breath helps maintain Berserker.
    62: None affect DPS. Soul Regeneration is the best for survival.
    63: Energy Reserves as Overlord starves out hard (still recommended if you have the legendary weapon).
    64: Precision Strikes is the highest DPS.
    65: Power Manipulation is the best for ST DPS.

    Legendaries:
    Breaking Blow - Hits very hard and procs Everything is a Weapon.
    Everything is a Weapon - Let's you hit some crazy spike damage when paired with hard-hitting abilities.
    Punishing Blow - Provides a strong debuff to stack with Everything is a Weapon.
    Bladefury - High DPS finisher which is great for proccing Everything is a Weapon.
    Swift Strike - Great filler ability that gets boosted from Everything is a Weapon.

    Synergy Crystal:
    Brutal Crystal

    Gear & Stats:
    Like all specs, you will want to get as much Crit Power as you can until you reach the softcap of 40%.
    After that, you'll want to build up your Strength and Attack Power and lastly Physical Crit.

    Buffs:
    Deadly Posture
    Juggernaut's Bearing
    Way of the River

    Important Abilities:
    Spoiler!

    Rotation:
    picture version
    Spoiler!


    Opener:
    Spoiler!


    Ability Notes:
    Don't forget to use Power Manipulation every 30s!

    Don't forget to use Mark of Inevitability every minute!

    Arterial Strike - DO NOT USE THIS ABILITY AT OTHER SPOTS IN THE ROTATION. It will also starve you out for the legendary weapon proc!

    Everything is a Weapon - The rotation is constructed to buff Cornered Beast, King of the Hill, and Swift Strike (your 3 strongest builders) so it is important to follow the rotation strictly.

    Bladefury will have its damage neutered if used against multiple enemies, and this will kill your ST DPS. However, your cleave damage is incredibly strong, so it might still be worth using.

    Conclusion:
    Simple, fixed rotation and it's a bit of a change of pace. If you were looking for the tempest killer, here it kinda is.
    As always, if you have questions, please let me know.

    Dummy Foundy Parse:
    Last edited by SecondBass; 04-09-2017 at 06:27 PM.
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Nice guide bass, I took it to TD today, worked fine in council, tried it in malannon and didn't work but overall it does what you stated. I'm wondering about a few things though. Is it normal that I hit breaking blow and then king of the hill? Somehow it's not up until after I hit breaking blow, move to wave of steel, hit boss with arterial and punishing then cornered seems to be 1 sec on cd or sometimes longer? I'm following your rotation as is and I doubt I'm making mistakes.

    EDIT: WAIT, I just noticed the second part of the rotation > silly me, gonna parse again.
    Last edited by Kuick; 04-06-2017 at 07:54 PM.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Ok so yeah same thing happening. My dps is 422k though which is good for my gear. Still wondering if what I stated should happen.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    104

    Default

    I'm also gonna get ahead of aaiden by saying But what about a 1 button macro because pressing more than 1 is so hard

  5. #5
    Isp
    Isp is online now
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuick View Post
    I'm also gonna get ahead of aaiden by saying But what about a 1 button macro because pressing more than 1 is so hard
    I'm much more advanced then, I could manage 2 buttons if it really necessary
    So if 1 button is not possible 2 will do too ;)
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    I'm much more advanced then, I could manage 2 buttons if it really necessary
    So if 1 button is not possible 2 will do too ;)
    I use 7 macros. I made his rotation more simple by macroing stuff like arterial punishing, cornered by itself, proper timing blade fury, power manipulation swift strike, arterial blade fury, power manipulation king breaking, power manipulation wave of steel, and arterial killing.

    I use a G600 so I am able to lay out the whole rotation to make things simple.

  7. #7
    Isp
    Isp is online now
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuick View Post
    I use 7 macros. I made his rotation more simple by macroing stuff like arterial punishing, cornered by itself, proper timing blade fury, power manipulation swift strike, arterial blade fury, power manipulation king breaking, power manipulation wave of steel, and arterial killing.

    I use a G600 so I am able to lay out the whole rotation to make things simple.
    7 macros are too much.
    easy build have 1 button
    complex one have 2 buttons
    >= 3 buttons are impossible builds
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    I'm much more advanced then, I could manage 2 buttons if it really necessary
    So if 1 button is not possible 2 will do too ;)
    Swift strike. Breaking Blow. Blade Fury. Wave of steel. All with no cooldowns... Also the mark.

    5 buttons minimum. Probably 6-7.

    Trying to break it down lower would drop the dps by such a significant chunk, that your better off with another spec..
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

  9. #9
    Isp
    Isp is online now
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Swift strike. Breaking Blow. Blade Fury. Wave of steel. All with no cooldowns... Also the mark.

    5 buttons minimum. Probably 6-7.

    Trying to break it down lower would drop the dps by such a significant chunk, that your better off with another spec..
    Sorry. It was attempt to joke which was not suppose to last more than 1 comment. But I do prefer simple DPS builds on alts (my main is primalist) - only tanks and supports on alts are allowed to have many buttons
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Swift strike. Breaking Blow. Blade Fury. Wave of steel. All with no cooldowns... Also the mark.

    5 buttons minimum. Probably 6-7.

    Trying to break it down lower would drop the dps by such a significant chunk, that your better off with another spec..
    I beg to differ.

    #Show Whatever
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] Bladefury
    cast [alt] Breaking Blow
    cast [ctrl] Swift Strike
    cast Waves of Steel

    Just as an example. Can get away with 3 buttons this way; the third of which is purely for Proper Timing and Mark (cause those don't work with key modifiers, they trigger regardless)

    But then, so few people do this, cause I doubt they can remember the complexity and variety over multiple roles, and classes. Still, it's doable. I don't play a single spec that requires more than 6 hotkeys this way, even in the old days of BM or Defilimancer where you basically needed 3 hands (Oh, and no addons)

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xethx View Post
    I beg to differ.

    #Show Whatever
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] Bladefury
    cast [alt] Breaking Blow
    cast [ctrl] Swift Strike
    cast Waves of Steel

    Just as an example. Can get away with 3 buttons this way; the third of which is purely for Proper Timing and Mark (cause those don't work with key modifiers, they trigger regardless)

    But then, so few people do this, cause I doubt they can remember the complexity and variety over multiple roles, and classes. Still, it's doable. I don't play a single spec that requires more than 6 hotkeys this way, even in the old days of BM or Defilimancer where you basically needed 3 hands (Oh, and no addons)
    Oh yea I remember about those modifiers now......but still, I'm ok with 7 macros

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xethx View Post
    I beg to differ.

    #Show Whatever
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] Bladefury
    cast [alt] Breaking Blow
    cast [ctrl] Swift Strike
    cast Waves of Steel

    Just as an example. Can get away with 3 buttons this way; the third of which is purely for Proper Timing and Mark (cause those don't work with key modifiers, they trigger regardless)

    But then, so few people do this, cause I doubt they can remember the complexity and variety over multiple roles, and classes. Still, it's doable. I don't play a single spec that requires more than 6 hotkeys this way, even in the old days of BM or Defilimancer where you basically needed 3 hands (Oh, and no addons)
    Macro1
    Macro2 (for PT/mark)
    Ctrl
    Alt
    Shift

    Those are 5 buttons.

    I said Buttons. Not macros, not hotkeys. Buttons.

    Keys on your Keyboard. Buttons on your mouse. Buttons on your controller. Switches, nobs, dials, levers, pedals, clenching to squeeze a usb buttplug, etc. It does not matter what you actually use, but it requires an a physical action by you.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Macro1
    Macro2 (for PT/mark)
    Ctrl
    Alt
    Shift

    Those are 5 buttons.

    I said Buttons. Not macros, not hotkeys. Buttons.

    Keys on your Keyboard. Buttons on your mouse. Buttons on your controller. Switches, nobs, dials, levers, pedals, clenching to squeeze a usb buttplug, etc. It does not matter what you actually use, but it requires an a physical action by you.
    If you want to get technical like that, you're always using more buttons than you think, because of moving around, jumping, tab targetting, or whatever else. And if you want to be even more of a smartypants... With the right equipment you could record a perfect rotation, program it to a single macro button, and then yer done. Only one button. The joy's of programmable keyboards...

    The point of those modifiers is that they are simple to use in conjunction with the nearby movement keys. You're dodging a mechanic... so you're already probably hitting W+A/D, still maintaining DPS, so 1/2/3... It's much easier for the next portion of a rotation to use your pinky to hit shift/ctrl and use the same buttons, rather than have to stretch over awkwardly to hit button #6 or 7. - Yes, there's the option to rebind keys as well. Both perfectly functional playstyle preferences.

    But please, dispense with the petty technicalities. As a melee you're almost always using a minimum of 3: Movement.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Yo second lemme get that 1 button macro I've been playing wow too much I'm not used to all these buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    Yo second lemme get that 1 button macro I've been playing wow too much I'm not used to all these buttons.
    Haha I knew it...Way ahead of you aayden. see my post above >;]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts