+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.1 Warpest DPS Guide

Default 4.1 Warpest DPS Guide

Warpest is the hybrid that never really dies. It puts up competitive Single-Target DPS while also having reasonable disconnect handling (and it's the only viable warrior hybrid so bonus points)

Point Spread:
    41 Warlord/35 Tempest/0 Paragon

Masteries:
    61: Personal Preference as it only affects survivability. Resonating Strikes is best for PVE, Enduring Survival is best for PVP.
    62: None affect DPS. Soul Regeneration is the best for survival.
    63: Energy Reserves as Warpest starves out hard.
    64: Precision Strikes is the highest DPS.
    65: Power Manipulation is the best for ST DPS.

Legendaries:
    Breaking Blow - Hits very hard and procs Everything is a Weapon.
    Everything is a Weapon - Let's you hit some crazy spike damage when paired with hard-hitting tempest abilities.
    Skyfall - Strong DPS to proc Everything is a Weapon.
    Lightning Torrent - Cranks charged pulse's damage through the roof.
    Swift Strike - Great filler ability that gets boosted from Everything is a Weapon.

Synergy Crystal:
    Martial Crystal

Gear & Stats:
    Like all specs, you will want to get as much Crit Power as you can until you reach the softcap of 40%.
    After that, you'll want to build up your Strength and Attack Power and Physical Crit.

Buffs:
    Deadly Posture
    Empower
    Enhanced Conductivity
    Way of the River

Important Abilities:
    Spoiler!

Rotation:
    picture version
    Spoiler!

Opener:
    Spoiler!

Ability Notes:
    Don't forget to use Power Manipulation every 30s!

Arterial Strike
    - This is not always available, but if you do not use it at these locations, the rotation will break, so don't try to make up for missed ones. It will also starve you out, so if your power gets low, just don't use it for a few rotations.

Everything is a Weapon - The rotation is constructed to buff Lightning Torrent, Charged Pulse, King of the Hill, and Swift Strike (your 4 strongest builders) so it is important to follow the rotation strictly.

Conclusion:
    Simple, fixed rotation and it's a bit of a change of pace. I found this in the beta, but it got nerfed so now it's viable again so have fun with it. NOTE: Warpest is incredibly crit reliant, so do a full parse before you rule it out.
    As always, if you have questions, please let me know.

Dummy Foundy Parse:

Identical rotation, just showing off some crit RNG.
    Last edited by SecondBass; 04-06-2017 at 03:20 PM.
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

Rift Disciple

I'm following your rotation exactly as stated but I'm doing like 290k with first eternal 2h upgrade.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kuick View Post
    I'm following your rotation exactly as stated but I'm doing like 290k with first eternal 2h upgrade.....
    What's your breakdown look like?
    The cockroaches won.
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records

Rift Disciple

Was looking at the old guide and wondering if you were gonna update it since I saw someone say Warpest was back. I got my question answered. If no one has thanked you for the hard work you do on your guides I will. Thank you for your hard work. It is much appreciated.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBass View Post
    I will parse again when shards come back up. so far I'm using 61 tempest.

Soulwalker

i am new on rift. i mean i had a pause for almost 4 years. Any chance that you could post some macros? like ,builder ,finisher?
    thank you!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblox View Post
    i am new on rift. i mean i had a pause for almost 4 years. Any chance that you could post some macros? like ,builder ,finisher?
    thank you!
    For this specific spec, I would only suggest macroing power manipulation into builders and probably finishers. I have a 61 tempest rotation that is fairly easy to use and does decent damage. friend me in game Kuick@Faeblight if you are interested.

Rift Disciple

Made a small parse of 2+ min for your spec (I messed up so I stopped) and 61 tempest that I made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u9uiTVbCps

EDIT: I did these in my dimension. for reference, RB for me was around 380k in 4.0, now I have eternal weapon first upgrade.
    Last edited by Kuick; 03-31-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblox View Post
    thank you!
    There really isn't any way to macro it other than tucking power manipulation into your buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuick View Post
    Made a small parse of 2+ min for your spec (I messed up so I stopped) and 61 tempest that I made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u9uiTVbCps

EDIT: I did these in my dimension. for reference, RB for me was around 380k in 4.0, now I have eternal weapon first upgrade.
    1) Tempest beats out every other warrior spec by a large margin. It'll get nerfed eventually.

2) I have a tempest guide if you want to improve that too

3) 2minute parse are, and always have been, useless. Not enough time to balance out the various RNG things.

4) Your charged pulse crit rate just happened to be super low. That's why 5minute is the standard for parses, so things like that get balanced out.

5) You're also waiting for arterial after charged pulse. If it isn't immediately up, just skip it, the rotation already runs long.
    The cockroaches won.

Rift Disciple

There really isn't any way to macro it other than tucking power manipulation into your buttons.

1) Tempest beats out every other warrior spec by a large margin. It'll get nerfed eventually.

2) I have a tempest guide if you want to improve that too

3) 2minute parse are, and always have been, useless. Not enough time to balance out the various RNG things.

4) Your charged pulse crit rate just happened to be super low. That's why 5minute is the standard for parses, so things like that get balanced out.

5) You're also waiting for arterial after charged pulse. If it isn't immediately up, just skip it, the rotation already runs long.
    I'll try your tempest spec and see how it goes. I also parsed warpest again, made 2 macros for arterial to skyfall and arterial to breaking blow, rotation flows smoothly now and you were right. dps did increase but had lag issues. I'll test it again later. Thx for your feedback.

+ Reply to Thread