+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 4.0 True One Button Riftblade Guide

Default 4.0 True One Button Riftblade Guide

NOT VIABLE IN 4.2 ANYMORE

DarkDaemon tried to scam us with his fake 1-button Riftblade guide which actually turned out to be 2-button. 2 button specs are hard and not acceptable.

I've decided to make a guide for a true 1 BUTTON RIFTBLADE AKA NOOBBLADE.

In this video theres everything you need to know and it also includes some PvP action.

Macro:
    Code:
    #show Rift Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Power Manipulation
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Stonespear
    cast Rift Spear
    cast Seasoned Strike
    cast I'm with you!
    cast Burst Synergy
    cast Rift Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Wild Overgrowth
    cast Fading Light
    cast Break Free
    cast Stoneshield
    Last edited by Sahtiaro; 07-27-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na

I suggest the following macro:

Code:
    #show Rift Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Stonespear
    cast Rift Spear
    cast Seasoned Strike
    cast I'm with you!
    cast @self I'm with you!
    cast Burst Synergy
    cast Rift Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Wild Overgrowth
    cast Fading Light
    cast Break Free
    cast Stoneshield
    You can still heal other people, but in case they run away from you, instead of doing nothing, the macro heals yourself! I'd also argue in favour of Fork for PvP.

I also just remembered that all the cool kids make use of the advanced modifiers feature in macros to improve any 1 button macro!
    Maybe you can make an advanced one button macro for the advanced one button macro users out there!
    Last edited by dunkelst; 12-13-2016 at 05:13 AM.
    Quit: I survived 4.0, but 4.1 broke my will.
    Replacing the "challenge" with a grind to get the best gear is just too much with what was already wrong since 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelst View Post

I also just remembered that all the cool kids make use of the advanced modifiers feature in macros to improve any 1 button macro!
    In my book modifiers (shift, alt) in macros don't mean 1 button anymore because you have to be pressing 2 buttons at once and thats advanced knowledge of the spec/rotation. In such case its simpler to make another macro and put it on separate button.

Maybe a one macro riftblade guide with modifiers would be a decent idea for all the tryhards out there that want to squeeze the most out of riftblade.
    With a drinking bird and only shift and alt modifiers it's still only two buttons.

I'm also thinking about writing a full guide about my lazy man's two button riftblade.
    After all we only have a one button riftblade, two button riftblade, ScaryBass' scary riftblade guide and "two" guides from kirimiskon.

I'm certain the community would benefit from a one macro drinking bird's riftblade and my lazy man's riftblade!
    Last edited by dunkelst; 12-13-2016 at 08:09 AM.
    Quit: I survived 4.0, but 4.1 broke my will.
    Replacing the "challenge" with a grind to get the best gear is just too much with what was already wrong since 4.0.

I'm more disappointed that you were willing to press will over 30 different buttons, some multiple times, in order to put this thread together....completely amateur and against the ethos of the 1-button warrior.

Ugh, I just wasted all my energy replying. I'm going to sleep now.
    Last edited by BigTerj; 12-13-2016 at 05:59 PM.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

This thread is gold

So pathetic that people would even want a one button spec.

General of Telara

Reaver takes more buttons then that so we have a Winner Rift Blade 1 button King!

But great job on making this marco and making it work with the spec you have it must took a lot the time making that I bet.
    Last edited by Zaber; 12-14-2016 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruchai View Post
    So pathetic that people would even want a one button spec.

I've seen many pathetic things in Rift so far and 1-Button specs are actually pretty clever. Since RB is an advanced and hard spec using 1-button is a DPS gain for the majority of the population.

If you don't think so do me a favor and run few random LFG dungeons and soon you'll find a fresh Warrior doing like 10% optimal dps for his gear with a hybrid BM/VK/Tempest spec and you'd wish he was playing 1-button RB and actually contributed something to that group.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    I've seen many pathetic things in Rift so far and 1-Button specs are actually pretty clever. Since RB is an advanced and hard spec using 1-button is a DPS gain for the majority of the population.

If you don't think so do me a favor and run few random LFG dungeons and soon you'll find a fresh Warrior doing like 10% optimal dps for his gear with a hybrid BM/VK/Tempest spec and you'd wish he was playing 1-button RB and actually contributed something to that group.
    That player running BM/VK/Temp is probably too lazy to come to the forums and look for builds in the first place so he probably won't see your guide anyway so he'll still be using dat BM/VK/Temp build in SPEs

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    That player running BM/VK/Temp is probably too lazy to come to the forums and look for builds in the first place so he probably won't see your guide anyway so he'll still be using dat BM/VK/Temp build in SPEs
    Maybe someone will recommend him to take a look at this thread and start improving. Even 1 button specs are a good start in my opinion.

Champion

Maybe someone will recommend him to take a look at this thread and start improving. Even 1 button specs are a good start in my opinion.
    imo 1(or 2 for that matter) button specs aren't good for getting players to learn their class because all they'll do is just copy and paste the macros never actually learning what each ability in the macro does or why you want to use it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    imo 1(or 2 for that matter) button specs aren't good for getting players to learn their class because all they'll do is just copy and paste the macros never actually learning what each ability in the macro does or why you want to use it.
    Eh... Depends on the player. It can end up opening their eyes to the raw difference a proper spec and macros will get them, and push them to learn WHY the macro does what it does.

Others just don't have the TIME to learn a calling. With grinds for gear, raid time, work, fammilly, etc. Does not leave to much time to learn the why's, or hows, so they settle on the What.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Plane Touched

I've been getting around 80K sustained ST dps in this spec. Am I pushing the button wrong?
    Last edited by Bigguss; 02-21-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Soulwalker

DarkDaemon tried to scam us with his fake 1-button Riftblade guide which actually turned out to be 2-button. 2 button specs are hard and not acceptable.

I've decided to make a guide for a true 1 BUTTON RIFTBLADE AKA NOOBBLADE.

In this video theres everything you need to know and it also includes some PvP action.

Macro:
    Code:
    #show Rift Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Stonespear
    cast Rift Spear
    cast Seasoned Strike
    cast I'm with you!
    cast Burst Synergy
    cast Rift Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Wild Overgrowth
    cast Fading Light
    cast Break Free
    cast Stoneshield
    I was wondering if you were going to do an updated 4.1 spec? I love the 1 button.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast