+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 4.0 Warrior Healing Guides

Default 4.0 Liberator Guide

This is a Liberator guide. The forum doesn't work well with updated thread titles.
    Go to the When to use which healer section to get to guides for warchanter and libchanter!

Introduction:
    Liberator is our raid healer. We rely on keeping several HoTs running while also providing strong shielding and mitigation cooldowns. We have access to decent tank healing options for a group healer, especially in the 58 lib / 18 wc or Libchanter specs. I will go into details for 61 and 58 Liberator in this guide.

Spec and Masteries:
    61lib/10pl/5wc: Best group healing output.
    58lib/18wc/0pg: Sacrifices Medical Facility for stronger tank healing with We Stand United!. Consider Libchanter as an alternative.

When to use which healer:
    If only group healing is needed, choose 61 Liberator. (Rarely the case)
    If some tank/spot healing is needed, choose 58 Liberator / 18 Warchanter.
    If more tank/spot healing or tank cooldowns are needed, choose Libchanter.
    If a full-blown tank healer is needed, choose 53 Warchanter. (Coming soon)
    If more tank cooldowns are needed, choose 61 Warchanter. (Rarely the case, coming soon)

Legedaries:
    Medical Facility:
    Huge boost in direct heals in the form of Deliverance and Fast Relief splashing more heals. A lot might end up in overheal anyway, so it depends more on preference: Do you want instant Deliverance or the potential for more healing over a longer time period? The range also seems to be very small, so that should be considered as well.
    In case you pick this, Fast Relief will have better HPS than Group Assistance if the raid is grouped.
    Extraordinary Care:
    Strong shield and another HoT. Debuff is increased by Pecision Strikes, which is a bug. Use primarily as a HoT unless you need the shield.
    Deliverance:
    Slightly higher healing value. The cast time reduction doesn't make Deliverance instant (tested down to 10% health), so you still have to stand still. Keep the cast time reduction in mind if trying to use Deliverance for boss mechanics and casts.
    First Aid: The weakest option and shouldn't be picked. Anything above 75% health would probably be healed to full by the regular version. Since it doesn't synergize with Medical Facility, there's no use for ths now. Using this on a 100% health Positive Reaction target will still only heal half the amount of a Group Assistance to half the amount of targets.

Seasoned Strike: Liberator heals heal for more. Always good.
    Pacifying Strike: We intercept damage from our group. Needs testing in a raid, might be too much.
    Retaliation: Pick this iff you skipped legendary Medical Facility to keep the instant Deliverance. Might as well stay at 4/5 legendaries as this does almost nothing in a raid for you.

Buffs:
    On self: Aegis of Advocacy, Positive Reaction, Continuous Treatment (or on tank)
    On Tank: Adrenaline Overdrive

Abbreviations:
    Spoiler!

Playstyle:
    I will split this section into general, group healing, tank healing and DPS. See Abbreviations above if you're not familiar with the soul.
    "X > Y" means use ability X and Y after. ">" denotes a global cooldown.

General:
    - Keep up SS, CM, EC's HoT component and three stacks of MCR.
    - If not needed for the HoT on a tank, use QR on yourself for quick 3 AP before or after CM.
    - Use PS for some mitigation on the group. Untested due to lack of PvE content, but it seems buggy right now from what I can tell. Doesn't seem to work at all. The potential to kill yourself with this does exist!
    - Learning encounters is the best way to become a good healer. Learn when damage spikes come and to move out of bad stuff!

Group Healing:
    - Keep up LT on as many players as possible.
    - GA is your bread&butter builder for group healing.
    - Time Deliverance > GA with boss casts or when you have spare AP.
    - Ameliorate is better HPS and mitigation than GA. If you don't need it soon as a small cooldown, use it!
    - For cooldowns, use MF, Redress, and MS. EC's shield and Ameliorate can act as small cooldowns.
    - Legendary MF should be used at 3 AP. Both versions allow up to four casts of MF.
    - Depending on boss mechanics, Healer's Intuition can act as a group heal.

Tank Healing:
    - Keep up LT on the tank.
    - Use QR on the tank for another HoT and quick 3 AP.
    - Use IWY for your builder and WSU. Spamming both if necessary.
    - Use Phalanx! and Healer's Intuition for tank cooldowns.
    - Use HI on the boss unless the target is hit by many enemies.

DPS:
    Your DPS is very weak, but if the encounter requires you to deal damage (PUMPKIN in NMT e.g.), here's what you do.
    - Use Persecute and Mass Oppression as a ST or AoE Builder respectively.
    - Use Survivor's Slash as a ST Finisher.
    - Use Retaliation if it's available.
    - Don't forget to keep up SS and atleast MCR.

Macros and Keybinds:
    Spoiler!

SFP Discussion:
    - Deliverance is useless. After testing, even at 10% hp we still have a cast time, so we won't be able to cast this while moving. Since it still triggers a GCD, all this legendary really does is messing up timing. Probably better off not using this legendary, but then again most liberators didn't use Deliverance to begin with.
    Edit: Has a slightly higher tooltip value, but I still think it's pretty bad for a legendary.
    - First Aid is just as bad. Not worth with Positive Reaction as a GA replacement. Might be worth if it would synergize with Medical Facility, but as it stands, it doesn't. Probably somewhat useful for people without warchanter.
    - Medical Facility offers really strong additional direct heals, but as such most of it will be in overheal. Fast Relief is a strange choice as well. I'd rather see (legendary) First Aid being buffed by MF. I guess giving GA splash heal could be too strong (also mostly overheal anyway). And people probably would just skip Deliverance alltogether if GA was affected by MF.
    - Legendary Extraordinary Care mechanic seems wonky. I don't think it's working properly in favour of the player. Using it on cooldown, it's mostly 6s, sometimes 12s, but I don't recall it ever going to 24s. Also, the debuff isn't a HoT, so why does Precision Strikes increases its duration?
    - What I'd love to see is a legendary SoD-effect for our HoTs. 3s between ticks is a lot time, cutting that down to 1s without changing the hps would be a great QoL change. Remove Deliverance or First Aid legendary if unchanged themselves and make this effect part of a buff or something.

Looking forward to your feedback and questions!
    Last edited by dunkelst; 12-06-2016 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Split up Liberator and Warchanter parts.
    Quit: I survived 4.0, but 4.1 broke my will.
    Replacing the "challenge" with a grind to get the best gear is just too much with what was already wrong since 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelst View Post
    THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS AND INTENDED FOR DISCUSSION, IMPROVEMENTS AND FEEDBACK!

Liberator (Group healing)
    Spoiler!
    Just gonna talk lib for this post:

(if you're gonna provide a 1button macro you're gonna need to do more handholding like provide a link to the build )

Legendary Deliverance boosts base tooltip values slightly, so it's worth picking up even it's other effects are worthless.
    (I also asked for it to get a trigger at like 25% HP to make it actually instant)

Continuous Treatment should go on the tank, but it's pretty inconsequential.

I'm confused if your playstyle section is listed in order of importance or what.

Prolonged Recovery should be maintained regardless if you are the designated tank healer or not, it's very powerful and you don't have much else to spend AP on. (worth doing on yourself if you really refuse to tank heal because positive reaction)

We'll get through this! won't stack with other tank healer mitigation, so if you're not the primary tank healer it's useless.

I don't think Ameliorate should be thought of as a cooldown, and should instead just be used as much as possible, it's better HPS and the mitigation is significant.

Yes, Leg Deliverance makes syncing to boss mechanics harder, but it's slightly better as a reactionary heal. (and don't sync GA to damage ticks if it requires you to delay your GCD)

Redress doesn't have to be used pro-actively (but yes that is preferable), the increased healing taken is still effective.

God I hope devs learned their mistake and Healer's Intuition won't be a raid heal ever again, there is consideration for PV as a mastery because it's more flexible (tank heal, DPS, or on yourself for PR ticks if you're a weirdo)

Extraordinary Care can be re-applied on the GCD in between heal ticks to boost HPS nicely. The HOT is much more relevant than the shield, but you can use it for more shields too.
    And I reported the debuff getting extended by precision during beta and got confirmation it was a bug, so I'm glad that's still there.

Pacfiying Strike should be great in most situations (except it's melee range and you should not take the mastery to make it ranged because you're sacrificing 5% heals)
    However, if some idiot runs into stupid, they might kill you too. (Zilas beams hitting in the several million range comes to mind)

Lib may not be a raid-viable tank healer, but it still has the best ST heals of any raid healer, so that should be highlighted, not put down.

I'd hesitate to give a fixed rotation for MF. It's very hard to have your HOTs sufficiently far from running out when you actually want to cast MF, so I'd say to just prioritize Deliverance & Quick Remedy over tank healing(and maybe Ex Care) for the duration.
    I'm actually pretty tempted to just not pick up leg MF because you lose your only good source of up-front healing (for what little PVE there is at least).

Regarding Discussion Section,
    -Again, Leg Deliv is a tooltip gain, and it makes it a better reactive heal, so it's underwhelming but still minorly useful.
    -First Aid is 100% garbo, even for warchanter (I'm WIth You heals for the same ballpark). Too bad there's bigger things to rant about.
    -Leg MF affects Fast Relief as a hold over from normal MF i think. It's an absurd HPS boost but I think it makes Lib's weaknesses weaker because Lib can no longer do any healing on demand.
    -If Ex Care is never going to 24s then I guess it's working fine and the debuff timer is lying (like DC)
    -3s ticks for HOTs in completely fine (oh boy I can hear people typing already). If the raid dies between ticks, you should have used a CD, and if you're salty that other healers are sniping your heals, then you're just trying to pad so no.

Also: I don't think We'll get though this! is worth picking up, so I'd just go with the better tooltip 10 pally/5 wc.
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

Thanks for the feedback! Updated the guide.

Regarding some of your points:
    - the summary section certainly is a summary. not really intended to be ordered by importance. might rewrite that part to be ordered by importance (just make it a priority list)
    - I use CT on myself because it's such a small shield every 10s, I think it's better to use it on myself for Positive Reaction.
    - Prolonged depends greatly. With all the nerfed content in NMT, I simply didn't bother. If the tank healing is really needed, I'd still pick Libchanter instead. With Ex Care Libchanter got a nice buff in group healing as well.
    - We'll get through this is removed everywhere. Using 10pl/5wc. I actually had that in my spec cuz we had problems with Herecius while progressing. Never changed it back.
    - I'll keep Ameliorate in both sections. It's a small CD no matter how you put it.
    - Made EC usage more clear, but I already had the "use for HoT, use for shield if necessary" part in.
    - Pacifying Strike needs testing. Too lazy to go into old raids and test it on one-shot mechanics right now. Maybe some time, dunno.
    - Agree on Leg Deliverance. Didn't check the tooltip tbh. Still need to be careful when not at max hp when timing it.
    - Regarding Leg MF, it's range seems tiny, so I'm tending moreso towards not picking it now.
    - The cooldown display as a whole, not just for Ex Care, is a total mess. They really have to get that fixed. Not seeing cooldowns at not enough resources, while stunned/debilitated or otherwise not usable is a huge PITA. The debuff should also reapply if it's used again.
    - Yeah, the 3s/1s ticks are for padding/having a chance against tact/chloro/etc.
    Last edited by dunkelst; 11-28-2016 at 12:47 PM.
    Replacing the "challenge" with a grind to get the best gear is just too much with what was already wrong since 4.0.

U guys still primarily using 61 Lib LOL, maybe take a look at the current PvP, PvE meta and notice that 61 Lib lost all its value since We Stand United got moved to 18 points in WC and made the only viable PvP, PvE spec 58 Lib 18 WC 0 Paragon. 61 Lib is only useful for 100% pure AoE healing which there wasn't really much in the latest 2 raids not to mention how things in PvP work.

I personally haven't used 61 Lib since the change and yet you want to promote it as a #1 healer, makes me sad that the old ''Lib'' guide didn't mention best raid healing spec even once. Makes me wonder if you guys ever even tried to heal in CoA.

And than i read this: ''Prolonged Recovery should be maintained regardless if you are the designated tank healer or not, it's very powerful and you don't have much else to spend AP on. ''
    First of all it is completely useless if there is a lot tank swapping. With addition of We Stand United! i found no scenario where this HoT would be more useful than saving attack points for We Stand United. which is instant, has no GCD and also shields. Maybe used Prolonged Recovery only when tank went 2 far away on Fyragnos boss.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Well, 61 Lib is the strongest raid healer we have. That is a fact. Having access to WSU! doesn't make 58 Lib a better raid healer. It takes away from its raid healing to gain better tank healing.
    But yeah, I will add 58 Lib. I just never bothered with that spec as by the time WSU! was moved, I was exclusively healing with Libchanter.

Once finsihed I will have 61 Lib, 58 Lib, Libchanter and Warchanter (around 53 points probably). Although I'm not 100% sold on 58 Lib yet. All we really gain is Corrective Measures and Positive Reaction. If 58 Lib would be needed over 61 Lib, I assume Libchanter to be just as fine if not better. Bond of Brotherhood and the occasional cooldown reduction from Comradery (DGU, WGTT, IWY) should more than make up for CM and PR. Edit: Forgot about Best Laid Plans. Minor, but still a thing.
    Last edited by dunkelst; 11-28-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Rift Master

Was wondering what spec/specs you guys are using now in SFP for healing? I haven't played healer much in the past but sometimes i find it fun. So far i've been trying the "old" liberchanter both in an expert and more lately in warfronts. Overall it seems to me that the healing is rather on the low side, like almost still in NT while the HP has gone up by a lot. On the other hand it could simply be just me beeing kinda bad at the whole thing on warrior .

On similar note. Playing a healer in warfronts feels even worse. All my heals seem to be in range of a few k to maybe if lucky 10k+ here and there. That seems very close to what i recall from NT. And even healing up a person that gets mentored up to 70 at the start of the warfrot takes ages, and even Power Variation heals for almost nothing. I'm not trying to compare the heals to the broken tactician here, but overall healing compared to the dmg increase seems to have taken quite a hit. But again could be me, or maybe the whole ballance of heals in genera beeing kinda off in wfs.

And looking at our healing Legendary skills, they really don't feel Legendary at all. Am curious what are your experiences with the warrior healing specs so far?
    Last edited by Jotunn; 11-29-2016 at 10:15 AM.

I agree that the legendary abilities for our healing souls are mediocre. The only one that has a real impact in my opinion is Battlesong. But I haven't had any issues healing experts or in PvP. We're no tacticians, that's for sure and if focused we'll die fast in PvP, but we can be of use.

For experts I tried warchanter (53wc/21lib/2pl) and you can heal everything with just Battlesong and WWF. Even pulling everything in the spider room in IDD from start to finish is no problem and didn't really require a cooldown. Just tell the group to stand next to yourself, the tank or the 2nd Stand Tall target.
    I still expect Libchanter to be the superiour choice for experts, but it's fun to see battlesong doing all that damage and healing for free.

Fun fact: Scarns fear is bad for warchanter
    Last edited by dunkelst; 11-29-2016 at 11:47 AM.

Telaran

Battlesong legendary (41 warchanter) heals for near 30% of your heals if everybody is quite near but you have to play with Deep Breaths.
    Power variation is weak (only advantage is to use it on a target and hide behind a wall/tree to Los the ennemy team) so i use Fluid movements (because with Deep Breath you will starve)
    Liberation treatment legendary to put on the most targets you can to boost your warchanter heals.
    As you pointed out heal seems low and it's hard to give full life to your target when their is a focus but we will have to wait the adjustment of all the classes and legendaries (if we are lucky it will take less than 6month lol) before claiming for big upgrade of our healing souls in pvp.
    Major problem is that it all depend of the map (no man's land map or a map where you can Los a lot) and the awereness of your team(if they stand like bots or if they can move and Los things).

So easy to counter, but if you can just do your thing, warchanter has absurd spot-heal and even more absurd group heal.

Will update the guide after some more rounds of PvP.

Edit: Done, a first version for warchanter is written. I'd appreciate any feedback.
    Last edited by dunkelst; 12-03-2016 at 03:12 PM.

I split up liberator and warchanter to seperate feedback and discussion. The title for liberator did change in the thread, but doesn't seem to have changed in the warrior guides subforum. Anyone knows how to best get this changed? A mod? New Thread?

I also rewrote the playstyle sections and added abbreviations to both guides.
    Last edited by dunkelst; 12-06-2016 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelst View Post
    I split up liberator and warchanter to seperate feedback and discussion. The title for liberator did change in the thread, but doesn't seem to have changed in the warrior guides subforum. Anyone knows how to best get this changed? A mod? New Thread?

I also rewrote the playstyle sections and added abbreviations to both guides.
    You can contact a mod to update the thread title as it appears in the subforums. That's how Roughraptors keeps changing his guide's title.
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    [...] I also directed Ocho to respond less to PMs on the forums, because his support on more public communication platforms was lessened as a result. Almost all PM issues can be handled by other means or other channels.
    Again, we must maintain one-to-many communications in Community as much as possible. CS, on the other hand, is all about the one-to-one communication, to help address issues. [...]
    Brasse
    With that in mind, even though I already tried the one-to-many way, here's another attempt:

Please change the title of this thread to "4.0 Liberator Guide". That, or fix the bug that the title of a thread only gets updated inside the thread.

Soulwalker

Default Non-WC build?

Is there a non-Warchanter build for those of us without that particular soul? How would the spec play differently without it?

Thx for posting this, btw. It's helpful.

Soulwalker

Question Frag's

Having been gone from rift sense patch 1.2. The planar fragments are tossing me threw a loop when it comes to the healing spec's. and the only spreadsheet's i can find only break them down for tank or dps.

Do i Prioritize them like a DPS Warrior, or is there a spreadsheet i'm overlooking, or just can't find?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by OggoR View Post
    Having been gone from rift sense patch 1.2. The planar fragments are tossing me threw a loop when it comes to the healing spec's. and the only spreadsheet's i can find only break them down for tank or dps.

Do i Prioritize them like a DPS Warrior, or is there a spreadsheet i'm overlooking, or just can't find?
    Generally, you prioritize Attack Power over Crit Power. But realistically everyone just uses their DPS set.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast