+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By dunkelst

Thread: 4.0 61 Warlord Guide

Default 4.0 61 Warlord Guide

Introduction:
    Warlord got a couple new toys with the 4.0 update and as such became quite a bit more difficult to play efficiently, but a lot can be managed by macros, making it actually playable again. It still needs 9 keybinds for min-maxing, which seems to be about 8 keybinds too much for the average player /rantover.
    This spec requires dual wield and 100% melee uptime to function! 2h will be a major dps loss as 15-20% of your dual wield DPS relies on fast auto attacks.

Update:
    Updated guide to reflect some of the changes regarding Icy and SP on PTS. For Live just use Tempest instead of Paragon and replease each SS with SP.

Keep in mind that this guide is intended for PvE. For PvP, going into paladin for Retaliation is probably a better option.

There are two simplified playstyles below the regular rotation. Look for more orange text below!

Spec: 61wl/10rb/5tp

Masteries:
    61: Resonating Strikes, for PvP consider Enduring Survival
    62: Soul Regeneration
    63: Energy Reserves
    64: Ethereal Strikes
    65: Power Manipulation

Legendaries:
    Warlord: Ready Posture, Everything is a Weapon, A Quick Death
    Riftblade: Icy Burst
    Paragon: Swift Strike

Buffs:
    Ready Posture, Deadly Posture, Way of the River, Storm Blade

Mechanics:
    With Ready Posture and Everything is a Weapon the damage of builders is greatly increased. The rotation resolves around buffing as many builders as possible using those two legendaries.
    The general playstyle outside of Battlefield Experience resolves around PT > (Icy) Hardhitter (Icy) > Warlord-Finisher. Breaking Blow and lining up cooldowns requires several adjustments.
    EIAW: Using a finisher doubles the damage of the next builder. Icy procs this!
    RP: Buffs the damage of PT after a warlord finisher.
    AQD: Together with RP this makes AQD the go-to "finisher" that doesn't consume attack points. More Icy!
    PT: Is buffed by KotH and deals more damage after a warlord finisher. Use exactly once in between each warlord finisher.
    Icy: Free offGCD finisher damage on top of auto attacks proccing it as well.
    SS: Gets buffed by Icy, so make sure to use Icy beforehand!
    BB: Target takes 10% more damage. As simple as it gets.

Opener:
    Code:
    Into the Breach > (Icy) SS > BB
    Rotation:
    Code:
    (BE) DS > (AS) KF
    PT > (Icy) KotH (Icy) > DS > (AS) KF

PT > (Icy) SS > BB 
    PT (AS) > (Icy) DS (Icy) > AQD
    PT > (Icy) KotH (Icy) > AQD
    PT (AS) > (Icy) DS (Icy) > AQD

PT > (Icy) SS (Icy) > AQD
    PT (AS) > (Icy) DS > KotH > KF
    PT > BB
    PT > (Icy) DS (Icy) > AQD
    (Icy) SS (Icy)
    Rotation in macros:
    Macro names are the ability in #show. Spam macros during it's GCD. AS and BB are used on their own keybinds.
    Code:
    BE > (AS) KF
    PT > KotH > BE > (AS) KF
    PT > KotH > BE > (AS) KF
    PT > KotH > BE > (AS) KF

PT > (Icy*) BB > BB * Use KotH, DS or SS macros to proc Icy only before SS!
    PT (AS) > DS > KF
    PT > KotH > KF
    PT (AS) > DS > KF

PT > SS > KF
    PT (AS) > (Icy*) BE > BE > KF * Use KotH, DS or SS macros to proc Icy only before DS!
    PT > BB
    PT > DS > KF
    SS
    Macros:
    Spoiler!

Simplified playstyles:
    Macro:
    Spoiler!

This macro replaces the three macros for KotH, DS and SS for the non-BE part of the rotation. Using this macro we end up with this rotation (Simple is the macro above):
    Code:
    BE > (AS) KF
    PT > KotH > BE > (AS) KF
    PT > KotH > BE > (AS) KF
    PT > KotH > BE > (AS) KF

PT > (Icy*) BB > BB * Use Simple to proc Icy only before SS!
    PT (AS) > Simple > KF
    PT > Simple > KF
    PT (AS) > Simple > KF

PT > Simple > KF
    PT (AS) > (Icy*) BE > BE > KF * Use Simple to proc Icy only before DS!
    PT > BB
    PT > Simple > KF
    SS
    Using Simple (or KotH, DS and SS for the regular rotation), you want to look out for spending all AP immedietly, gaining 1-2 AP from the ability and immediately spending them again. Only then continue with the next macro/button.

VVVVV Easiest playstyle for beginners! VVVVV
    To simplify the rotation further, we seperate the playstyle in the burst and regular block.
    Going into the Burst, we want to refresh SS shortly before using BE.
    For BE we play the fixed rotation using 5 keys (PT, KotH, BE, AS and KF):
    Code:
    BE > (AS) KF
    PT > KotH > BE > (AS) KF
    PT > KotH > BE > (AS) KF
    PT > KotH > BE > (AS) KF
    For the regular block we use a simple priority system:

BE ready soon: Use SS macro
    BE ready: Use the block above.
    SS not on yourself: Use SS macro
    BB not on target: Use BB macro
    KF and DS ready: Use BE > (AS) KF
    Otherwise: PT > Simple > KF

SS should only be needed before and after the burst. In the remaining time Simple will take care of that.
    Same rules for simple: Spam it until it consumed AP, built 1-2 AP and immediately consumed them again.

These two simplified playstyles will obviously result in lower DPS and less control over your abilities in case of disconnects or other mechanics.

Additional binds:
    DPS: Arterial Strike, Wave of Steel.
    Utility: Neck Punch, Seargent's Order, General's Order, Forced March, Defensive Maneuver, Brothers in Arms.

Parse:
    Spoiler!

298.461 DPS in my dimension. 31.84% tooltip crit chance, DS 4% higher, PT 67%, AQD 44% and the rest on average around that value. With that I can conclude that we atleast should be able to beat 1-button Beastmasters, especially since we do not rely on DoTs!
    Here's a short reaver parse for comparision.
    New parse: 328k DPS

Discussion:
    - I really like this rotation and I hope Trion won't nerf the viability of this 1ap Icy usage. It's still below current reaver, so I hope this will stay for some time. Might be a bummer that Icy and SP make up almost 1/4th of warlords DPS, but it's fun! Certainly more fun than Paragon for ST!

For the devs:
    Please consider keeping this interaction. Warlord is still far behind reaver, but so much more fun to play! If a nerf is really necessary, I'd prefer number over mechanic changes. No internal cooldown on SP please, no Icy not proccing SP please, and no EIAW requiring a WL finisher please It's one of the very few fun synergies we have!
    Also, fix the delay on Wave of Steel please! The delay is killing me (and my icy bursts).

Have at it, point out all the stupid mistakes I'm sure I did! I want it to become even stronger!
    Last edited by dunkelst; 12-22-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Changelog:

03.12: Updated with new mastery, added new parse.
    25.11: Removed AQD, added AQD to the KF macro.
    24.11: Added simplified rotations.
    24.11: Added almost flawlessly executed parse.
    23.11: Finished guide.
    22.11: First version.
    Last edited by dunkelst; 12-03-2016 at 08:44 AM.
    Quit: I survived 4.0, but 4.1 broke my will.
    Replacing the "challenge" with a grind to get the best gear is just too much with what was already wrong since 4.0.

Another bump. I added two simplified playstyles.
    One is the same rotation, but by sacrificing control we don't have to use as many buttons.
    The other one requires a fixed rotation for the burst, but simplifies most of the remaining time down to three buttons plus AS. SP, BB and KF are used when ready/not running.
    Last edited by dunkelst; 11-24-2016 at 05:28 AM.
    Replacing the "challenge" with a grind to get the best gear is just too much with what was already wrong since 4.0.

Telaran

Ty for the work on the spec
    The spec is fun, only drawback is that it's not 1s gcd. I hope reaver will be nerf soon so we can be forced to play other spec. I don't know how it will perform in raid against other specs when everything will be adjust because it will not benefit of Sergent Order. I will try it when i will have more PC (4% actually)
    About beastmaster, the legendaries that consume dots/bleeds seems to eat other classes dots/bleeds too so atm not really useful, but(like warlord) playing it without maccro is very fun (with para turn the blade on and para 0 point legendarie)

The cheese is real with this spec.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Shadowlander

is this primarily a pvp spec or is it better than the reaver now.

It can work in PvP, but I wrote this guide with PvE in mind. But I cannot say how much better it parses than nerfed reaver. Us europeans still have some hours before the patch.

For PvP though: It it 100% melee and as such rarely a good idea with the current TTK. That's atleast my experience so far. It's fun nonetheless. PT and pretty much every builder hit like a truck.

Rift Disciple

Everything Is A Weapon specifically states in the tooltip "Warlord Finishers". I know IB is triggering it, but it may get fixed.

Kind of like how Legendary Rift Burst is effecting itself. Good to see all that bug feedback was followed up on...
    Dorikan
    <Nefarious>

I was ready to write an angry rant when I read your post. Thought there was another ninja nerf that killed one of the last fun interaction between our souls.

EIAW doesn't use "Warlord Finishers", but "Using a finisher ...". You probably mixed it up with Ready Posture, which does require a warlord finisher to buff PT.

Rift Disciple

Yeah I just got home and was looking it over and saw that it was the wrong buff i was thinking about, sorry for the heart attack :P
    Dorikan
    <Nefarious>

Warlord was also buffed because of Ethereal Strikes proccing SP!

I expect a nerf though since trion doesn't like procs proccing procs. This spec does that a lot.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelst View Post
    Warlord was also buffed because of Ethereal Strikes proccing SP!

I expect a nerf though since trion doesn't like procs proccing procs. This spec does that a lot.

Procs proccing procs is kinda silly, but so are 1-2 button 400-500k specs in every other class right now. I might just ragequit warriors if they nerf it without nerfing anything else

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelst View Post
    - I really like this rotation and I hope Trion won't nerf the viability of this 1ap Icy usage
    To each their own I guess
    (although tbf I haven't liked Warlord's style after the rework, I like counting to 3 too much)

Reminds me of SL's Carpal Tunnel" Paragon that used Icy & Fiery bursts outside of Alacrity.

But on topic, you can squeeze another Arterial Strike just before the last Breaking Blow in your rotation. Otherwise, it's a solid rotation.
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

Telaran

The general parse shows that is focused more on Builder Damage.
    Have you tried with the Brutish Crystal?
    Im not sure if it boosts AQD (guess counts as both?),but KF will be boosted because of AE.
    Breaking Blow being not boosted considering the parse not gonna matter

Should be a dps gain overall.

Soulwalker

Default Link to character sheet

Great guide - lots of work was put into it. Thank you.

The link for the build is going to a 13 para/2 rb - instead of the 61wl/10rb/5tp.

/cheers

+ Reply to Thread