+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Warrior BiS List for SFP

Rift Master

Default Warrior BiS List for SFP

A new expansion calls for a new Warrior Spreasheet. It is still a work in progress and there are still things that need updating and/or need to be added. I've tried to unify it's looks and clean it up as much as i could. Localization was one of the things that was removed for this version.

Thanks to RePyH we now have an up to date guide for the Warrior Spreadsheet 4.0 . It shows you the basics of the Warrior Spreadsheet and explains how to use it.

Mistakes might have creeped in here and there, if you find any please let us know. And also if you have any suggestions for the spreadsheet you can post them in this thread.

-Fragments:

Fragments are a new thing to this expansion. But because they are made to be so random, there isn't an easy way to implement them, like the gear on the spreadsheet used to be. They have been added to the DPS sheet where you can choose them like other items, but you will also have to insert your fragments into your copy of the spreadsheet.

This is done on the Fragments sheet. There are already two examples of fragments present there for each planar type, along with some helpful tips on the Fragment system and its stats. When you are naming them, be careful not to use the same name as for some other fragment on the sheet. Other than that, you can put any name you like. (If this will become an issue, I can make the names specific to a planar type instead of whole sheet.)

The downside of this type of implementation is, that every time you make a fresh copy of the spreadsheet, you will have to redo your fragments on it.

-A few notes:
    • Not all specs have been added or updated,
    • Simulation sheet is not working anymore.

-Guides:

This is a new addition to the Spreadsheet. On the Specs & Rotation sheet you will now find short guides for the specs you can sellect on the DPS sheet. At the moment this includes Reaver, Tempest and Overlord.

Cheers,
    Tyael
    Last edited by Jotunn; Yesterday at 06:34 AM. Reason: update

Thank you so much!

wtb mathy rogues who care enough to do this
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    git gud with spreadsheets

__________________________________________________ ____________

On a more serious note, here are some directions I feel we can improve on with the warrior BiS sheet:

Greater accessibility - many warriors that I've introduced to the spreadsheet gave up on trying to use it. It's very impressive and has a lot of data, but can also be confusing and overwhelming. The old forum thread helped, but we should work towards making the spreadsheet immediately accessible to people that are less familiar with spreadsheets.

Clarity - the first thing that I noticed in the armor section was that the CoA upgraded shoulders was weighed significantly less DPS than any Starfall pieces. This is obviously true, but it's more highly weighed than any current Starfall piece after taking into account the rune and dream orb. To any newer user, this may not be immediately apparent. Footnotes and sidenotes may help users easily and quickly obtain information that they're looking for.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    • Simulation sheet does not work for now
    What kind of lazy slacker can't even be asked to implement the greatest feature of all time?! Nah, but seriously thanks for putting in the hours and keeping the sheet alive and working for 4.0. I'm happy that what little I contributed won't be lost in SFP.
    Just here for the spreadsheets

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ordien View Post
    What kind of lazy slacker can't even be asked to implement the greatest feature of all time?! Nah, but seriously thanks for putting in the hours and keeping the sheet alive and working for 4.0. I'm happy that what little I contributed won't be lost in SFP.
    It's there all alone and waiting for you to come back and fix it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Greater accessibility - many warriors that I've introduced to the spreadsheet gave up on trying to use it. It's very impressive and has a lot of data, but can also be confusing and overwhelming. The old forum thread helped, but we should work towards making the spreadsheet immediately accessible to people that are less familiar with spreadsheets.
    The old Darkranger's guide is still linked on the Home sheet, like it used to be. Granted it doesn't cover everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Clarity - the first thing that I noticed in the armor section was that the CoA upgraded shoulders was weighed significantly less DPS than any Starfall pieces. This is obviously true, but it's more highly weighed than any current Starfall piece after taking into account the rune and dream orb. To any newer user, this may not be immediately apparent. Footnotes and sidenotes may help users easily and quickly obtain information that they're looking for.
    CoA gear is up there just for the time beeing as it might still be relevant at the early start of the expansion and will later on get removed. Items on their respecitve sheets are ordered by their estimated dps value on the left side, and that order gets moved over to the DPS sheet as well when you are choosing the item for each slot. Only runes, Orbs and fragments don't follow that route though, they are presented in the order they are inserted.

Edit: This is still an early version as well, and there's quite a lot of things to do still. But yeah, clarity and tips would help newcomers to the sheet to get a better hang of it.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 11-19-2016 at 12:53 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    It's there all alone and waiting for you to come back and fix it ;)

The old Darkranger's guide is still linked on the Home sheet, like it used to be. Granted it doesn't cover everything.
    It didn't have to wait long, so until someone finds an error with it you can cross it off the to-do list.

In regards to the guide, while Darkrangers guide still helps a bit it's very out of date and an update would be nice. Any volunteers?
    Just here for the spreadsheets

Thanks for making this Jotunn.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Thank you for updating the spreadsheet! I used it all the time trying to balance out my gear, great to see it returning for SFP
    Rhynta@Faeblight- Lv.70 Warrior

Thanks so much for updating the spreadhseet!

Quick issue I spotted:

Bolidium armor pieces - listed as artificer recipes, should be armorsmith recipes
    Mortelugo - Mortified - Mortification - Morteria - Morterion | Immortal Tyrants @ Gelidra EU

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by JVassie View Post
    Quick issue I spotted:

Bolidium armor pieces - listed as artificer recipes, should be armorsmith recipes
    Thanks, fixed.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Muspel busy leveling atm lol, isaw him in open world not just here in forums!

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ordien View Post
    In regards to the guide, while Darkrangers guide still helps a bit it's very out of date and an update would be nice. Any volunteers?
    I'm currently working on a guide that is explaining everything in detail. However, it will take me some time as I do not have near as much time as I used to have.

Rift Master

Have added the three new Synergy Crystals and a few PvP pieces i found so far. Also updated the consumables from this weeks hotfix and added visionary rune proc.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 11-24-2016 at 04:01 AM.

Rift Master

Over the week i've slowly added the new Legendary damagning abilities to the spreasheet. If you will be making your own specs with them, you will probably need to get a bit creative with them. For example Seargent's Order isn't directly on the sheet, but it is a 100% dmg buff on target that seems to be fully multiplicative, which means you can treat skills affected by it as hitting twice.

I have also tried to add first SFP Spec, 61 Reaver - 10 Temp - 5 WL. It is selected on the sheet by default now. The rotation used is on the Rotations sheet. I can try to add some variations of the spec as well later on, as there are a few versions circling around atm.

As a last thing, i changed the 2nd test fragment set to somewhat middle ground set, as getting all BiS or close to that will be challanging at best. I used the new Reaver spec and with the gear selected on the sheet calculated the weights (without consumables and raid buffs). This is just to have a rough idea how weights look nowdays. You should still check them properly on your version of the sheet with your gear inserted for better accuracy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast