+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 4.0 Riftblade DPS

Default 4.1 Riftblade DPS Guide

Riftblade is a hybrid soul that provides strong single-target (ST) DPS and strong area-of-effect (AOE) DPS, and can switch between the two with ease. It is also quite mobile and is a viable choice in nearly every situation.

Point Spread:
    61 Riftblade/15 Reaver/0 Warlord

Masteries:
    61: Personal Preference as it only affects survivability. Resonating Strikes is best for PVE, Enduring Survival is best for PVP.
    62: Steadfast Soul is mandatory to reduce CD of Burst Synergy to 30s.
    63: Energy Reserves gives you another Avatar buff (which grants 16% speed so better than the other options)
    64: Precision Strikes is the highest DPS.
    65: Power Manipulation is the best choise for ST and AE DPS. Power Variation not viable as Riftblade's AOE is stronger without it.

Legendaries:
    Icy Burst - Strong synergy with legendary Rift Burst and legendary Blade of the Ascended as well as existing Burst synergies in the soul.
    Rift Burst - Very strong, and it affects itself which is fantastic, as well as synergy with legendary Icy Burst.
    Blade of the Ascended - Synergy with legendary Icy Burst, which turns out to be worth the investment.
    Ravaging Strike - Best legendary builder, but it does clunk up the spec a bit.
    Sergeant's Order - Insane burst when timed with Burst Synergy + Rift Burst.

Synergy Crystal:
    Martial Crystal

Gear & Stats:
    Riftblade still numerically favors dual-weilding but the eternal weapon offsets this enough to be worth it. (source needed)

You will want to get as much Crit Power as you can until you reach the softcap of 40% (around 9000ish).
    After that, you'll want to build up your Strength and Attack Power and Physical Crit prioritizing Attack Power over the other two.

Buffs:
    Blade of the Ascended (legendary)
    Binding of Affliction

choice of:
    Avatar of Flame or Avatar of Water or Avatar of Wind

Avatar of Flame is technically more DPS, but it rarely procs.
    Avatar of Water is good in PVP to help you stay in the fight longer, but is forgettable in PVE.
    I prefer Avatar of Wind for strongest mobility.

Be careful not to overwrite Avatar of the Rift with your choice!

Important Abilities:
    Spoiler!

Rotations:
    All Riftblade 'Burst' finishers are OGCD, meaning they can be used completely independently from the builders. This means we can construct two side-by-side rotations, one for builders, one for finishers, in each scenario.
    Pure ST:
    Spoiler!

Pure AOE:
    Spoiler!

Cleave:
    Spoiler!

Opener:
    Spoiler!

This opener delays Rift Strike until raid CDs should be active. This opener occurs before the finisher pattern starts, so your next finisher should be a 3pt Rift Burst paired with Burst Synergy.

If you have time to pre-load, you should cast Rift Burst about 9-10s before combat to keep the buff running for the first CD block. If you can't preload, you'll probably get better results by waiting until your second rift burst to use synergy + SO.

If you can't get into melee range in time to use Frost Strike, use Rift Travel as it is OGCD.

Ability Notes:
    When switching between the ST,AOE, and cleave finisher patterns, make sure to keep maintaining Icy Burst. An easy way to do this is to use it immediately after switching, then start the new pattern right from the beginning.

Ravaging Strike does not consume bursts! This means that you CANNOT use it in the 3 builders after casting burst synergy (or rotation will lag a lot). If there are only a few stacks left before burst synergy, it's often better to refresh early.

Fork is a gain if there are two or more targets.

Rift Spear is technically a gain for ST, but it has a high opportunity cost (if you need to AOE in the next 30s, you're losing out on significant damage)

If you find yourself waiting for Rift Burst (or Fiery Burst) to be ready when you get to it in the rotation, you can start using a 1pt Storm Burst/Earth Burst after your Icy Burst to squeeze out more DPS. (Most people with average lag won't be able to pull this off without delaying Rift Burst which is a no-no)

Make sure to always keep Frost Strike maintained. It really isn't that much less damage than searing strike so just refresh it early and often if you have trouble maintaining it.

Rift Travel has a 40% chance to be refreshed each time you use an ability so you can use it all the time to stay incredibly mobile.

Macros:
    ST Builders:
    Spoiler!

Covers most builders in the ST priority list, just make sure to maintain the other ones! Remember to turn Fork off if necessary!

AE Builders:
    Spoiler!

I go against my own AE priority here, but I prefer this macro for cleave scenarios.

AE Finishers:
    Spoiler!

There's no difference between these two abilities, but they have CDs, so I just glue them together.

Cooldowns:
    Spoiler!

Forces Burst Synergy to sync to Rift Burst.

Rift Travel:
    Spoiler!

Travel directly to your target. Handy because it is off the GCD, but be careful as it can put you right under a boss and therefor in danger.

Learning Riftblade:
    Riftblade is difficult to learn for some players because of its unusual treatment of the Global Cooldown (GCD). Most abilities have a global cooldown of 1.5s, which is why you can't hit all of your abilities at the same time (and why most abilities on your action bars spin when you use an ability). Riftblade finishers are not on the GCD, meaning they can be used when most abilities would be spinning. This let's you use them faster than you may be used to in other specs.
    Most other specs function thusly:
    builder, wait 1.5s, builder, wait 1.5s, builder, wait 1.5s, finisher, wait 1.5s, repeat.

Riftblade builders obey the GCD, but finishers don't, meaning that you use a finisher during the waiting period after a builder.
    Like so:
    builder, wait 1.5s, builder, wait 1.5s, builder, wait 1.5s, finisher, repeat.

The finisher can be used at any point during that 1.5s wait without adding more waiting time.

I have separated the finisher blocks in the guide so they can be learned separately. To get used to the finisher pattern, just use Searing Strike as your only builder and follow the Finisher pattern above. (Don't bother looking at your DPS yet, we're just learning a core mechanic, the number won't be there yet)

Once you are comfortable with the finisher pattern, put it in your back pocket for a minute.
    Now instead of spamming searing strike, start using the builders in the priority above. Use the provided macro and maintain Frost Strike, Shock Pulse, and Seasoned Strike.
    (Continue to ignore your DPS, we're still practicing, your DPS will be bad, but that's not important, it's more important to be comfortable with the priority)
    Once you are comfortable with the builder pattern, bring back the finisher pattern you learned before.
    They can both be performed at the same time and you should start seeing results at this step. (Now you can look at your DPS to see how well you're performing).

I recommend starting with the ST patterns, once you are comfortable with those, then the cleave pattern should be easy enough and then you're done!

Conclusion:
    To master Riftblade, understanding when to cleave, and how much, is key. As always, if you have questions, let me know.

Dummy Foundry Parse:

Last edited by SecondBass; 03-28-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: 4.1
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

Rift Chaser

You still have Shock Pulse in the opener sequence, but not Tempest as a soul.

edit: Also other sections of the guide lol.
    Last edited by Wolffpack; 11-19-2016 at 02:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    I'm sorry what am I supposed to be looking at? I'm too distracted by that hot dwarf in a bathing suit

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffpack View Post
    You still have Shock Pulse in the opener sequence, but not Tempest as a soul.

edit: Also other sections of the guide lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondBass View Post
    *I am including shock pulse in the rest of the guide for anyone who wants to play with the better AOE variant, remember that Sergeant's Order and Shock Pulse can't be in the same build*
    /tencharacters
    The cockroaches won.
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records

For me Shock Pulse does 45k dps and it should be way better than SO from WL. Not sure if I'm missing something.

And with Reaver nerfs this should be highest ST dps now for warrior.

Got 335k 5min parse (old Reaver was 360k).

ps. Gotta love all those dots.
    Last edited by Sahtiaro; 12-01-2016 at 07:37 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    For me Shock Pulse does 45k dps and it should be way better than SO from WL. Not sure if I'm missing something.

And with Reaver nerfs this should be highest ST dps now for warrior.

Got 335k 5min parse (old Reaver was 360k).

ps. Gotta love all those dots.
    I had tested the two on PTS and SO was parsing higher (at least for ST), the triple rift burst inside it was just so strong. That may have been nerfed with inner working of SO getting played with, or runes and what not entering the mix, but that's why I kept the SP sections from the start.

I also don't know if the nerf to DC was sizeable enough to make it worth using normal DC and maintaining ravaging strike.

OOOOHHHHH SO no longer affecting all warriors means it probably got moved into an existing buff group, so that'll hurt it a lot.
    Last edited by SecondBass; 12-01-2016 at 08:43 AM.
    The cockroaches won.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBass View Post
    I had tested the two on PTS and SO was parsing higher (at least for ST)

Were you using 2h Weapon by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    Were you using 2h Weapon by any chance?
    No, I always check that since I've been *****ing about that issue so much.

Can't find comparable parses, but I'd believe SP is better now with SO getting 'nerfed.' (it's also the more fun legendary IMO)
    The cockroaches won.

This finisher business is definitely throwing me off. I'm a bit lost with burst synergy and the first 1 point icy burst not going off. It greys out in the first block when I get to it.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 12-01-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    This finisher business is definitely throwing me off. I'm a bit lost with burst synergy and the first 1 point icy burst not going off. It greys out in the first block when I get to it.
    Thats how RB finishers work. If you have a stack of the previous finisher u cant use new RB finisher.

Example:

You get 3 stacks of Rift Burst and until all 3 stacks are consumed you cant use a new one. And stack gets consumed when ability hits a target.

If there happens to be big lag the rotation starts lagging behind and many times you'll have to do 4 Ability uses to consume 3 stacks of Rift Burst. Not to forget that some dots have travel time, which means you have enough attack points to use finisher but you haven't consumed your old stack yet. Sometimes game registers stack consuming wrong.

Can someone help out a nub like me? Idk how to make Shock pulse buff work on my kalert. Has someone got a kalert for Shock Pulse they are willing to share? <3
    Serale@Faeblight

Shadowlander

can u simplify this guide a bit I don't understand it at all.....

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post
    Can someone help out a nub like me? Idk how to make Shock pulse buff work on my kalert. Has someone got a kalert for Shock Pulse they are willing to share? <3
    KA:Shock Pulse:aMoOkeNotjc0KgzAQhF+lT9BmJZWUObVGoYdWselNkPi HwVBLtAffvhrkm8vM
    LDsgKHytXloHQuJ59WM9HLKfnVpc+VlSKCVnxEUQCQLb79hKbr oZUs/6VLzvha6MNfNSmnr8TEWj3VD22lWjOzbNBHERCInAxSZagUqzK H6qON8MeYJgfa1wS5VKH3vps9BPJn8kezLc

This should track the self buff from shock pulse

Soulwalker

Then the ST damage ranking should be now:

- 1 Riftblade
    - 2 Warlord
    - 3 Reaver
    - 4 Paragon
    - 5 Tempest
    - 6 Champion

Maybe?

Rift Chaser

Go 10 reaver 5 tempest, take ravaging and shock pulse but keep the same legendaries for riftblade. Rotation is wonky now, because ravaging doesn't consume bursts so you might waste an action point. Haven't worked out all the kinks in my rotation quite yet but I'm essentially doing the NT one.

Also because the devs are good at their job you HAVE to dual weild in order for this spec to work.

http://i.imgur.com/qb1ZNmz.jpg

Last edited by Aayden; 12-01-2016 at 08:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Shadowlander

would you be willing to share your macros, been testing this out all night still cant seem to get past 200k dps.... taking a lot of getting used to

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast