+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [3.7] 61 Champion AOE/ST DPS Build Guide (WIP)

  1. #1
    Soulwalker sages11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    19

    Default [3.7] 61 Champion AOE/ST DPS Build Guide (WIP)

    Hello Rift Community! It's Igniaz! I've returned.

    So as many have told me, Champion is not a viable spec anymore. Well i thought i would test a few things out myself to see what i could come up with, Here goes!

    Link to build:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7...l4/38iu/V|_tT0 (Link fixed)

    Buffs: Focus of body, Way of the river, Dominating Bearing (which grants all bearings), Shared Suffering, and Enhanced Conductivity.

    ST Macro:
    #show Disruptive Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Power Manipulation
    cast Disruptive Strike
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Power Strike

    Cornered Beast AOE macro:
    #show Cornered Beast
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Cornered Beast
    cast Mighty Blow

    ST Finisher Macro:
    #show Titan's Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Proper Timing
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Punishing Blow

    AOE Finisher Macro:
    #show Chains of Death
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Chains of Death
    cast Death Blossom
    cast Bladefury

    Damage Boost macro:
    #show Thunderous Strike
    cast Thunderous Strike
    cast Mark of Extermination

    40 Meter gap closer macro:
    #show Bull Rush
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Inescapable
    cast Bull Rush

    Rotation:
    ST Macro x3> Damage Boost Macro x2> Savage Sweep> Cornered Beast Macro> ST Finisher Macro x2 or AOE Finisher Macro (for AOE damage)> Repeat.

    My current LAS setup: http://imgur.com/BC1pzXL

    The more i start tinkering with Champion the more i will update this, stay tuned!
    Any suggestions can go below, advice and thoughts are welcome.
    Last edited by sages11; 08-01-2016 at 03:54 AM.

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sages11 View Post
    So as many have told me, Champion is not a viable spec anymore.
    Whoever told you that lied.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Nuuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    Whoever told you that lied.
    Many have told him...

  4. #4
    Ascendant Nuuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,044

    Default

    Your magelo link shows 54 points into champ. Is that intended?

  5. #5
    Soulwalker sages11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Your magelo link shows 54 points into champ. Is that intended?
    Nah, lemme fix the link
    Last edited by sages11; 07-30-2016 at 12:24 PM.

  6. #6
    Champion Sahtiaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Power Manipulation for Champion? ....questionable
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

  7. #7
    Soulwalker sages11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    Power Manipulation for Champion? ....questionable
    Yeah the other options were a bit iffy as well.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched WorldAdidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    256

    Default

    As Sahtiar pointed out PM whut???
    Also there is no need or use for 10 macros senc it's a AOE spec a lot depend on situation so it's best to spread things out for best outcome. Trust me it only makes around 12 buttons. Half of your macros.
    NightmareTide :: Cleared!

    Worldadidas@Gelidra

  9. #9
    Champion Sahtiaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldAdidas View Post
    As Sahtiar pointed out PM whut???
    Also there is no need or use for 10 macros senc it's a AOE spec a lot depend on situation so it's best to spread things out for best outcome. Trust me it only makes around 12 buttons. Half of your macros.
    so many buttons and human hand only has 5 fingers....maybe i should make 1 button Champion guide
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

  10. #10
    Plane Touched WorldAdidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    so many buttons and human hand only has 5 fingers....maybe i should make 1 button Champion guide
    Idk how you can 1 button champion but who knows senc game play of classes are completely aimed at dummies now days *winkwink *
    At the end champion isn't even that hard to play compared to typhoon, caba and SC

    My suggestion.
    Go for PV instead of PM caz even for ST it's strong in champion. (Does around 150-200k PLUS a tick if it crits)
    Also take out chains of death out of macro you don't want to waste it if it's only 2-3 targets. (Even Death Blossom but that's arguable)

    PS. Champion is one of the fun spec to play for warriors after beastmaster so it is still viable for fights like Zilas, Zamira and all of the trash packs. So where ever you heard that "it's not viable" it's not right. Ofcos the spec has its own disadvantages but that's different story.
    Last edited by WorldAdidas; 07-30-2016 at 01:34 PM.
    NightmareTide :: Cleared!

    Worldadidas@Gelidra

  11. #11
    Ascendant DarkDaemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Please read:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ion-guide.html

    (Use Precision Strikes or Ethereal Strikes)

  12. #12
    Soulwalker sages11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Please read:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ion-guide.html

    (Use Precision Strikes or Ethereal Strikes)
    It's a good thought, let me change that.. Also it's worth noting as much as power variation would be a good option, for this build in specific it is not. considering it would override cornered beasts cast if it was added to a macro. Though if it were by itself then maybe.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Not maybe, for any aoe spec power variation is a better use of the three gcds it takes up than other abilities. keep it on a separate button and use it once per minute, almost no effort for a decent dps gain.
    Last edited by Bauum; 08-01-2016 at 04:15 AM.

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara Hepatits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    I'm not going to get into specifics of the bits and bolts. Anybody questioning the usefulness of having Champion in their arsenal, you're going to top meters in the following places and many more:

    - NMR's - Beaten by an occasional mage or rogue
    - Crifts - As long as there's a tank you're going to clear a lot of mobs quickly
    - HK Matron Zamira - Again, on par with mages and rogues
    - Overrun control points - Need a bunch of planarite in a hurry? Usually takes about 10 seconds to clear about 10+ mobs.
    - IA planar invasions to "defend the stone"
    - Anywhere else with 5+ mobs.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

  15. #15
    Ascendant Byaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    I'm not going to get into specifics of the bits and bolts. Anybody questioning the usefulness of having Champion in their arsenal, you're going to top meters in the following places and many more:

    - NMR's - Beaten by an occasional mage or rogue
    - Crifts - As long as there's a tank you're going to clear a lot of mobs quickly
    - HK Matron Zamira - Again, on par with mages and rogues
    - Overrun control points - Need a bunch of planarite in a hurry? Usually takes about 10 seconds to clear about 10+ mobs.
    - IA planar invasions to "defend the stone"
    - Anywhere else with 5+ mobs.
    I don't know about Primalist, but Champion is the strongest AOE spec in the game right now. If you're not beating Mages and Rogues, you're doing it wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts