+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [3.6] Liberator Warchanter - Heavy Sustain PvE AOE Healing

Default [3.6] Liberator Warchanter - Heavy Sustain PvE AOE Healing

Introduction:

This will be a short guide on PvE Liberator/Warchanter and the concepts behind it. Although superficially similar to Sahtiar's Libchanter, this spec instead focuses on AOE healing and several useful abilities in Warchanter. This spec is intended for end game raiding.

Concept:

Liberator/Warchanter makes use of two very power abilities in Warchanter, Bond of Brotherhood and Best Laid Plans.

Bond of Brotherhood

This ability is 28 points in the root of the Warchanter soul, and is the core cooldown of this build. It causes your heals to trigger an additional heal for 15% of the initial heal value, and triggers twice on allies within 5 meters. This lasts for 15 seconds. Although rather weak in single target healing, this ability is exceptionally strong in AOE healing, particularly when the raid is stacked up.

In this build, you essentially exchange Medical Facility and Mass Rescue for this cooldown.

Best Laid Plans

This buff causes healing an ally that's below 50% of their max health to be healed again for 20%. As this affects all healing, it is exceptionally strong in situations where the raid takes heavy spikes of damage.

Together, all your healing abilities are 50% stronger during Bond of Brotherhood when the raid is stacked, and each tick of damage deals over half of your raid members' health. Furthermore, you gain Phalanx and stronger spot shielding than any other raid healer, while being mostly energy neutral. You essentially exchange short raid burst healing and Corrective Measures for a longer and more versatile raid healing cooldown.

48 Liberator 28 Warchanter 0 Paragon

The aims of the build are to get 28 points in the Warchanter tree for Bond of Brotherhood, a full powered Phalanx and Best Laid Plans, and as much AOE healing as possible. Take the point in Counteract and put it in Conflict Avoidance or Extraordinary Care if needed.

How to Play:

This build plays almost idntically to 61 Liberator. Refer to this guide for more information. You no longer have Corrective Measures to maintain. Use the free attack points on additional spot healing and Deliverance.

Deliverance is best used if you can predict and match your cast to incoming damage (through either boss cast times or timers), or after channeling Ameilorate. Don't use Deliverance to top off light damage or if the raid is very low and about to take damage.

Use HoTs and shielding preemptively, liberally and refresh early. Get Liberation treatment on every raid member. Shield priority and the most vulnerable targets with Don't Give Up and We Stand United.

Use Bond of Brotherhood when the raid is taking heavy damage, similar to how you would use Medical Facility.

Where to Play:
    • Uruluuk
    • Lady Justice (for Merciful Justice)
    • Enigma (so you can run a 61 Purifier instead of 54)
    • Wherever Phalanx/Healer's Covenant is useful
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 05-20-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Rift Chaser

Thanks for making these guides. is losing Med Fac and CE worth it for Bond of Brotherhood? Obviously this spec is only for certain fights, I was just curious as to how this spec does on those fights compared to straight 61 liberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    Thanks for making these guides. is losing Med Fac and CE worth it for Bond of Brotherhood? Obviously this spec is only for certain fights, I was just curious as to how this spec does on those fights compared to straight 61 liberator.
    I would say it is if the group is stacked. It boosts ALL heals by 30%, including Deliverance. Only the first tick of HoTs are affected though.

I remember posting this spec in my guide when Warchanter came out, and here's what you said:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Your hybrid is... very very strange.

Two of the four Liberator HoTs you have in that build are a mere 12 points into the tree, and the only thing you gain later in the tree that's significant in tank healing in that build is Extraordinary care. You didn't spec into the HoTs from Dichotomy of Pain or Quick Remedy, which are quite strong. You're also losing We are Unbowed, which is the most powerful HoT a warrior can have (single stack that is). I don't know why you felt Continuous Treatment, which is very tiny, was better.

Overall, your hybrid is really purposeless. It has really low healing values from the warchanter abilities, and there's no synergy between talents in the Liberator tree like Medical Fellowship/Nonviolence training and your Warchanter healing. If you're trying to get as much shielding as possible by speccing deep enough into Liberator to get Extraordinary Care, neglecting points in Unfailing really isn't the way to go. You'd be better off deeper into Warchanter for Moving Words, to boost your I'm with you, or deeper into Liberator for HoTs from Dichotomy and Quick Remedy, and Mass Rescue.
    So what's changed?
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    I remember posting this spec
    Different point spread, completely focused on AOE healing and being energy neutral rather than ST healing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Different point spread, completely focused on AOE healing and being energy neutral rather than ST healing.
    Just 2 points being different if i remember right, didn't have Critical Thinking had them in Aegis of Advocacy and Extraordinary Care instead.

Should looked like this 48 Liberator, 28 Warchanter, 0 Paladin, changed it based on what you said there.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    I remember posting this spec in my guide when Warchanter came out, and here's what you said:

So what's changed?
    He wrote a guide on it because it matters now so that's what changed.

Edit: And anything you have a Liberator hybrid, you should still be doing significant ST healing. The ST healing throughput from Liberator is amazing and to say (or do) otherwise is poor form.
    Last edited by Riane; 05-21-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Soulwalker

Curious (lazy warrior alt), what's the difference between this and 61 lib for raid healing?

Is this just heavier, sustained when BoB is up and that's it?

Quote Originally Posted by jungs View Post
    Curious (lazy warrior alt), what's the difference between this and 61 lib for raid healing?

Is this just heavier, sustained when BoB is up and that's it?
    61 Lib provides stronger cooldowns for raid healing (Medical Facility and Redness). Meanwhile LibChanter hybrid provides less raid healing then 61 lib but also provides tank mitigation cooldowns like Phalanx!. Personally I don't really find LibChanter really that good of a hybrid.
    We Stand United! is very strong to and doesn't really make up for Phalanx.... :\
    NightmareTide :: Cleared!

Worldadidas@Gelidra

+ Reply to Thread