+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 3.6 Liberchanter - 44 Liberator 32 Warchanter PvP guide

Default 4.2 Liberchanter - 44 Liberator 32 Warchanter PvP guide

LIBERCHANTER
    UPDATED FOR 4.2

Liberchanter is the best and most versatile PvP healing spec a warrior has. If you wanted to have a spec with Liberator AoE heals and Warchanter ST heals then this is the spec for you! It specializes in sustained ST and AoE healing combined with crucial healing, mitigation cooldowns and utility.

This is not an endgame raiding spec. For endgame raiding use either 61 Liberator or 61 Warchanter. Difficulty of this spec is hard. It is easy to learn but very hard to master because it requires knowledge of both Liberator and Warchanter and for optimal play you will have to use at least 15 buttons and track 2-4 different Healing over Time effects.

I suggest this spec to anyone who wants to improve as a Warrior PvP/PvE healer.

This spec can be used with great success in the following content:

-Warfronts
    -Dungeons
    -Easy raids
    -Solo healing some raid bosses.

Specs:

There are many ways how you can distribute points in 44/32 hybrid, but the most effective seems to be this build: CLICK

PvE version: CLICK (If you don't need AoE cleanse you can put 1 point into Nonviolence Training talent instead of Counteract)

Legendary Abilities:

-Extraordinary Care - ability now spreads to 10 allies around your target
    -Liberation Treatment - increases Warchanter healing by 10%
    -Deliverance - reduces cast time based on missing %HP (at 25%HP cast time becomes 0s but you can't move while casting it)
    -We Won't Falter - reduces cast time by 0,25s - 2 stacks max

Those 4 are the most important Legendary Abilities. I don't see a good way to spend 5. one yet.

Macros:

For this spec I use 8 macros some are not necessary but they make gameplay easier.

1) Main ST healing macro:

#show Quick Remedy
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Quick Remedy
    cast Don't give up!
    cast Extraordinary Care
    cast We Stand United!
    cast I'm with you!
    cast We'll Get Through This!
    cast Catch Your Breath!

2) AoE healing macro:

#show Deliverance
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Deliverance
    cast Extraordinary Care
    cast Group Assistance

3) Cleanse macro:

#show Counteract
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Counteract
    cast Get in there!
    cast @group02 Get in there!
    cast @group03 Get in there!
    cast @group04 Get in there!
    cast @group05 Get in there!
    cast @group06 Get in there!
    cast @group07 Get in there!
    cast @group08 Get in there!
    cast @group09 Get in there!
    cast @group10 Get in there!
    cast @group11 Get in there!
    cast @group12 Get in there!
    cast @group13 Get in there!
    cast @group14 Get in there!
    cast @group15 Get in there!
    cast @group16 Get in there!
    cast @group17 Get in there!
    cast @group18 Get in there!
    cast @group19 Get in there!
    cast @group20 Get in there!

4) Energy regeneration macro:

#show Tactical Rest
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tactical Rest
    cast Catch Your Breath!

5) ST HoT macro:

#show Prolonged Recovery
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Prolonged Recovery
    cast I'm with you!

6) AoE HoT macro:

#show Mass Casualty Response
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Mass Casualty Response
    cast Group Assistance

7) ST Mitigation CD macro:

#show Phalanx!
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Phalanx!
    cast Defend

8) Escape macro:

#show Thunderous Leap
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @gtae Thunderous Leap
    cast Break Free

Buffs:

Put those buffs on your bar and before the fight starts u have to buff yourself with the following 1h buffs:

-Void (Void Knight)
    -Best Laid Plans (Warchanter)
    -Aegis of Advocacy (Liberator)
    -Adrenaline Overdrive (Liberator) - can be placed on any raid member.

Main abilities overview:

I'm with you! - ST builder

We Won't Falter - filter ST attack point builder

We Stand United! - oGCD ST finisher

Group Assistance - AoE builder

Deliverance - AoE finisher

Extraordinary Care - ST shield / HoT

Don't Give Up! - oGCD ST shield

Quick Remedy - ST builder that gives 3 attack points

Liberation Treatment - ST/AoE HoT on 4 targets

Mass Casualty Response - AoE HoT on whole raid - 3 stacks

Prolonged Recovery - ST HoT - 3 stacks

We'll Get Through This! - 3% damage reduction buff 20s CD

Ameliorate - uniteruptable AoE builder - 15s CD

Tactical Rest - uninteruptable Energy regeneration - 15s CD

Catch Your Breath! - ST heal / energy regeneration ability

Get in There! - ST cleanse

Counteract - AoE cleanse 10 guys

Longer cooldowns:

Thunderous Leap - charge to target/ground location, 44s CD

Phalanx! - 30% ST damage reduction for 8s, 1min CD

Defend - 25% damage is transfered from target to you for 15s, 30s CD (Planar Attunement)

Bond of Brotherhood - 15%/30% increased healing for 15s, 45s CD

Redress - 5% damage reduction and 5% increased healing for 8s, 1min CD

Power Variation - ST channeled heal, 1min CD

Soul Redemption - Battle rez, 5min CD

Abilities/buffs that AREN'T used:

Deep Breaths - makes spec energy starved and useless

Stand Tall! - can't be used without Deep Breaths

First Aid - I'm with you! is better

We Are Unbowed! - consumes 2 attack points but provides useless HoT

Aegis of Sanctuary - Aegis of Advocacy is better

All DPS builders and finishers - they don't do enough damage

Rotation/how to play:

This is an AoE/ST healer and for such specs there is no real rotation. Everything is situational and which ability you should use really depends on the present moment. Specs with no real rotation and many buttons (I personally use 15) usually turn out to be the hardest ones.

You can check my action bar setup here. Buttons I use on keyboard are:
    Q, E, R, T, F, G, 1, 2, 3, 4, shift (Q, E, T, G) and middle mouse button.

3.6 Liberchanter - 44 Liberator 32 Warchanter PvP guide-2016-05-14_1416442.jpg
    Keybinds breakdown:
    Q - Group Assistance
    E - Ameliorate
    R - Energy Regeneration macro
    T - Cleanse macro
    F - AoE healing macro
    G - AoE HoT macro
    1 - ST healing macro
    2 - Bond of Brotherhood
    3 - Redress
    4 - Soul Redemption
    Shift + Q - ST Mitigation CD macro
    Shift + E - Liberation Treatment
    Shift + T - Escape macro
    Shift + G - ST HoT macro
    Middle mouse button - Power Variation

Other abilities i have on my bars that I don't use keybinds for:

Break Free
    Fading Light - Another break free
    Mass Oppression - Ranged AoE damage ability used for preventing enemies to take objectives (Flags, Runes etc.)

Since this is PvP spec I'll explain how you should use this spec in a fight.

1)
    Before the actual fight starts make sure you are properly buffed and start applying HoTs to the raid. Make sure everyone has 3 stacks of Mass Casualty Response and use Liberation Treatment as well. Put 3 stacks of Prolonged Recovery on yourself. During the fight you need to maintain HoTs up (exception is Prolonged Recovery on yourself, don't refresh it if you aren't taking any damage and other party members are). Don't ever let Mass Casualty Response fall off. For tracking of the Hots I recommend you use Kalert addon.

2)
    When the fight starts you need to recognize if raid is taking single target or AoE damage.

-If enemy team focuses one guy you must use ST mitigation CD macro and ST healing macro on him. There is an oGCD finisher and oGCD shield in the ST healing macro and more you spam that macro - more heals/shields you do. Don't spam it like a madman if there isn't much ST healing to be done, you will get energy starved really fast.

-If everyone is taking a lot of damage use Redress, Bond of Brotherhood and Ameliorate followed by AoE healing macro.

3)
    In this spec you will run out of energy very fast. If you are at sub 20 energy use Tactical Rest and you will get full energy back. Tactical Rest is one of the most important abilities in this spec because it helps you greatly if you are getting energy starved. If channel of Tactical Rest gets completed your 3 next We Stand United! will have 100% crit rate and crits with We Stand United! make your ST builder cost no energy. Use this crazy burst healing effectively.

4)
    In Warfront one second whole raid is taking damage and next second one guy gets focused. You need to make quick decisions and switch from AoE to ST healing and vice versa many times. You need to be prepared and react quick. Split second decisions in this spec make huge difference. I consider myself experienced player and even I sometimes struggle on deciding which ability would be best in a certain scenario.

5)
    Use AoE cleanse - Counteract on cooldown if many people in raid have debuffs. ST cleanse - Get in there! is situational and not really useful.

6)
    This spec gets better with higher critical chance because of interaction between We Stand United! and I'm With You!. Although critical chance makes the spec better don't stack Physical Crit on your gear. Prioritize Crit Power and Attack Power.

7)
    Like with all other ST healing specs you need to know which ally you will prioritize in healing. If there is a fresh player standing alone in enemy team you can't do anything to save him and using big cooldowns on him isn't a wise thing to do. You can put better players in raid group 1 and heal them first.

8)
    If you get pulled into enemy team and stunned you can target friendly player in a safe spot and use Escape macro to dash to his location.

9)
    One very important things when it comes to being a good healer in PvP is a smart use of battle res. It has 5min cooldown and you have to use it on most important people in your raid. Most of the time that are other healers. Always save your battle res for the right moment. Liberator resurrection is the best in game because it restores 100% hp and mana/energy. Which actually means instant 80k heal on a guy.

With this guide I made a PvP WF compilation video where you can see this spec in its full glory. VIDEO

HERE is a video of me solo healing Anrak the Foul HM in iGP.

Pros:

-This spec has 80% of 61 Warchanter ST healing and 80% of 61 Liberator AoE healing which makes it a unique and very useful hybrid spec that can deal with many different situations you encounter in WFs. Not many other specs in this game share same healing potential. Frostkeeper and Sentinel only alternative specs that can provide such healing.

-Capable of dealing with severe energy drain and CC because you have up to 6s CC immunity every 15s (Ameliorate and Tactical Rest) and you recover 100% energy as well. You can use Major Energy Potion in worst case.

-Best ST healing PvP spec for a warrior. 61 Warchanter is not viable because of horrible target swaping and 0 AoE heals. I didn't find a good way to use 61 WC in WFs yet.

-Very fun gameplay that leads your team to victory.

-ST healing macro has all of the crucial ST healing abilities in it and you don't have to worry about that rotation at all. Manually managing 4 abilities that don't share a GCD is close to impossible and not wise at all. Its much better to use 1 ST healing macro and focus on objectives than to fail at both.

(-Abilities are green and thats the best color!)

Cons:

-Really hard spec because at least 15 buttons are required for optimal play - and even more if you put break frees into keybinds. It requires knowledge of both Warchanter and Liberator and fresh players might struggle at first. It has a lot of options which ability to use.

-It requires Kalert. Playing this spec without Kalert is horribly hard. With optimal Kalert setup you need to track 3 different HoTs and many abilities. Being familiar with Kalert is crucial for this spec! You find Kalert addon here.

-It has no CC Ability.

Conclusion:

This is probably the hardest warrior PvP spec in this game and it requires a lot of patience to get used to it and a lot of skill to master it but once you are a PRO Liberchanter you unleash the true potential and start making those crazy plays that can change the outcome of a Warfront!

I hope you enjoyed this guide and let me know if I made mistakes.
    Last edited by Sahtiaro; 07-27-2017 at 04:08 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na

Nice

I find Conflict Avoidance really good in PvP though, and I'd personally give up Redress for it (since you don't have the spare points for Additional Aid).

Also, We Are Unbowed is a stronger HoT than 2 stacks of Prolonged Recovery AND it's oGCD. The individual healing ticks are smaller, but it ticks every second as opposed to every 3 seconds.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 05-14-2016 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Nice
    Also, We Are Unbowed is a stronger HoT than 2 stacks of Prolonged Recovery AND it's oGCD. The individual healing ticks are smaller, but it ticks every second as opposed to every 3 seconds.
    It costs 2 attack points and is it worth using it instead of 2x We Stand United! ?
    My conclusion is NO, We Stand United! is much better instant heal+shield and it can make ST builder I'm With You! cost no energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    It costs 2 attack points and is it worth using it instead of 2x We Stand United! ?
    My conclusion is NO, We Stand United! is much better instant heal+shield and it can make ST builder I'm With You! cost no energy.
    Prolonged Recovery - ST HoT - 3 stacks
    You put PR in your main abilities overview. If you use PR or any ST HoTs at all, you might as well use We are Unbowed, which is the strongest non-CD single stack HoT in the game.

You are correct that We Stand United is stronger, per combo point, than either HoT though (which is quite stupid).
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 05-14-2016 at 09:36 AM.

You put PR in your main abilities overview. If you use PR or any ST HoTs at all, you might as well use We are Unbowed, which is the strongest non-CD single stack HoT in the game.
    Just check tooltips to be sure again. We Are Unbowed! heals 42k and it requires 2 attack points and lasts 18s and Prolonged Recovery Heals 65k at 3 stacks and consumes 1 attack point - 21s HoT. When it comes to target swapping We Are Unbowed! is better ofc but most of the time I only use HoT on myself and Prolonged Recovery is the better choice in that case. 20s HoTs are not really that good for burst PvP healing in the first place.

We Stand United! has 37k (heal + shiled), while We Are Unbowed heals for just 15% more over 18s that is. Most of the time I just use PR before the fight starts on myself and don't even refresh it if I'm not taking any damage.

Thx for pointing that out, I'll change guide a bit.
    Last edited by Sahtiaro; 05-14-2016 at 09:44 AM.

Shadowlander

This spec is amazing, i used it for the 4th boss igp HM has great aoe healing aswell as great ST healing. Thanks for the guide, so i can adjust my previous 44/32 to match this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    Just check tooltips to be sure again. We Are Unbowed! heals 42k and it requires 2 attack points and lasts 18s and Prolonged Recovery Heals 65k at 3 stacks and consumes 1 attack point - 21s HoT. When it comes to target swapping We Are Unbowed! is better ofc but most of the time I only use HoT on myself and Prolonged Recovery is the better choice in that case. 20s HoTs are not really that good for burst PvP healing in the first place.

We Stand United! has 37k (heal + shiled), while We Are Unbowed heals for just 15% more over 18s that is. Most of the time I just use PR before the fight starts on myself and don't even refresh it if I'm not taking any damage.

Thx for pointing that out, I'll change guide a bit.
    Actually, I stand corrected. We are Unbowed is more HPS than even 3 stacks of Prolonged Recovery. The sole benefit of Prolonged Recovery is that it lasts 3 seconds or 1 tick longer, and that it ticks immediately, while We Are Unbowed has a 1 second delay.

Keep in mind that the tooltip values don't take into account Precision Strikes and they're not of the same duration. Also, after a bit of testing, the tooltip values turned out to be inaccurate too. For me (without Precision Strikes), in random DPS gear, unbuffed, We are Unbowed heals for 4002-4078 per tick (every second), while Prolonged Recovery heals for 11910 per tick (every 3 seconds). You tell me which one is stronger.

I'm quite disappointed actually. This is the third WC bug/tooltip error I've found in two days.

Finally, don't forget Defend. It (and I'm your shield) are great together with Phalanx. 55-60% mitigation is nothing to be scoffed at.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 05-14-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Rift Chaser

Actually, I stand corrected. We are Unbowed is more HPS than even 3 stacks of Prolonged Recovery. The sole benefit of Prolonged Recovery is that it lasts 3 seconds or 1 tick longer, and that it ticks immediately, while We Are Unbowed has a 1 second delay.

Keep in mind that the tooltip values don't take into account Precision Strikes and they're not of the same duration. Also, after a bit of testing, they turned out to be inaccurate too. For me (without Precision Strikes), in random DPS gear, unbuffed, We are Unbowed heals for 4002-4078 per tick (every second) for a total of 12 ticks, while Prolonged Recovery heals for 11910 per tick (every 3 seconds) for a total of 6 ticks. You tell me which one is stronger.
    I can't math good can u tell me plz

Finally, don't forget Defend. It (and I'm your shield) are great together with Phalanx. 55-60% mitigation is nothing to be scoffed at.
    You are correct, I forgot about that one completely, I'll add it in a macro with Phalanx!

Regarding the spec, I'm using this: Link.

For PvE I use 0 Paragon instead of Void Knight. 0 Warlord for the pull on Uruluuk.

Since I'm using it in PvE as well (IGP HM and whenever I'm allowed to heal in MoM and not have to play BM), I put some points in buffing Redress. For PvP I also sacrificed another 1% healing/absorbtion for the AoE-Stun.
    Note my 65 Mastery. I don't feel Power Variation being too good compared to I'm with you! + We Stand United! especially in PvP. Healer's Intuition does a lot more work when used in the right moment in both PvP and PvE.

For abilities and in PvP especially, I suggest binding Break Free (macro'd with Fading Light) and Mass Oppression as well. The latter for objective control when no one else does it.

I also have a few more buttons on my mouse, so I learned this spec without something like your ST macro. Don't give up! doesn't seem to be worth 20 Power most of the time (I'm using it right before Tactical Rest most of the time) and I like to micromanage Quick Remedy's 3 AP. Extraordinary Care I'm not using often enough, but most of the time I'm with you! for the extra AP feels better when someone's being focused. For learners fewer buttons are a lot better though.

My keybinds. Link (No, I actually never used We Won't Falter. Dunno why its still there other than looking good.)
    Most of this is overkill and not neccessary, but since I can, why shouldn't I?
    Last edited by dunkelst; 05-14-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Champion

Using 40/36 right now.
    For pure ST and only passive AE heal (you still have pretty much, I donīt find the 44 hot of Liberator that strong in pvp) this would be better, because of the extra Cooldown (the intercept is really really strong in pvp) and the 15% more heal from Moving Words.

<Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Filri View Post
    Using 40/36 right now.
    For pure ST and only passive AE heal (you still have pretty much, I donīt find the 44 hot of Liberator that strong in pvp) this would be better, because of the extra Cooldown (the intercept is really really strong in pvp) and the 15% more heal from Moving Words.
    The intercept doesn't stack with Defend though :P

Champion

The intercept doesn't stack with Defend though :P
    It does if it wasnt changed this week.
    It just doesnt stack with Defiler Links, Brothers in Arms and the Necro Link.
    Last edited by Filri; 05-15-2016 at 12:17 AM.

<Transcendent>

It does if it wasnt changed this week.
    It just doesnt stack with Defiler Links, Brothers in Arms and the Necro Link.
    Yeah, nvm. I was testing on dummies earlier and didn't realize that it was raid members only.

I donīt find the 44 hot of Liberator that strong in pvp
    That AoE HoT did most HPS in most WFs I was in, If I remember correctly it did 2-3k HPS each Warfront (4k in the Black Garden where I had 8k+ HPs) - most HPS of any ability, it costs only 1 attack point takes 1s GCD to bring up and lasts 21s. Replacing that with 1 Warchanter CD is in my opinion not worth it.

It is true that it doesn't help much with ST healing but in WFs u never know if AoE healers on your team are good or not - if there are any at all. When I was recording material for my video I was the only healer in most WFs and without Mass Casualty Response I honestly doubt I'd be able to heal it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast