+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Quick Warchanter Guide

Default Quick Warchanter Guide

This is a guide on how to play the new Warchanter soul which is released with 3.6. Teaching both the normal as well as providing a new hybrid that might prove to be more powerful than 61 specs.
    Though warning mistakes could be present.

Best Spec:
    61 Warchanter, 10 Liberator, 5 Paladin

Alternative Spec:
    61 Warchanter, 10 Paladin, 5 Void Knight - Non Liberator Soul

Hybrid Spec:
    44 Liberator, 32 Warchanter, 0 Void Knight
    This spec offers greater aoe healing at the cost of some tank cooldowns, however it doesn't have a problem with Power regeneration due to not using Deep Breaths & Stand Tall! in the rotation. Your rotation will be mainly stacking your Liberator healing over time abilities on your tank and group while using Warchanter's unique abilities in tank healing.

Masteries:
    Level 61 - Resonating Strikes
    Level 62 - Physiology Proficiency
    Level 63 - Relentless
    Level 64 - Precision Strikes
    Level 65 - Power Variation

Buffs:
    Deep Breaths
    Best Laid Plans
    Battlesong
    Aegis of Sanctuary

Starting Rotation:
    Deep Breaths > Tactical Rest
    Stand Tall! > We'll get through this! > Don't give up!

We Are Unbowed! > We Stand United!
    We Won't Falter! (I'm with you!) > We Stand United!
    We Won't Falter! (I'm with you!) > We Stand United!

Rotation:
    Before combat cast Deep Breaths it will cost 100 Power and reduce your Power regeneration by 75%. However it will allow you to cast Stand Tall! which will boost your abilities on those who have Stand Tall! active on them, removing Deep Breaths will cause Stand Tall! to be removed from anyone you have it active on.
    Now to get back to max power use Tactical Rest or cast a couple of Catch Your Breath!.

So just before combat apply Stand Tall! on your tank, it can also be applied to another which could be another tank in your group or raid and if not yourself.

At the start of combat cast We'll get through this! and Don't give up! on the tank.
    We'll get through this! will be applied to whoever has Stand Tall! active no matter who you cast it on, so you can have it affect 3 character with just one use.

When you have 2 Attack Points use We Are Unbowed! on the tank refreshing when it expires.
    Otherwise whenever you have a Attack Point use We Stand United!.

When you don't have Attack Points cast We Won't Falter! to build them.
    When We Stand United! critically heals it will proc We Stand United which will cause I'm with you! to not cost any power which will be good for healing your tank or if you need to do some spot healing on the group instead.

Then when you start to lose too much power use Catch Your Breath!, and if you're moving your going to have to use Tactical Rest, both will give you Power needed to cast your abilities.

If you are continuing to move use I'm with you! as your builder it's your only instant Warchanter ability that heals, however it will cost you a 1/4 of Power to do so; you can also use Power Variation which doesn't cost any Power and/or apply Liberation Treatment refreshing when it expires if you are still moving though both will not grant Attack Points.

When the tank takes too much damage to heal through use Phalanx!, Bond of Brotherhood or Turn the Tide!, hopefully not all at the same time, which could be related to a boss mechanic or too many enemies attacking at once.

For healing your other allies build Attack Points on the tank then use We Stand United! on those who need healing, and if the damage is too much then use Nobody Backs Down! it does have a 2m cooldown though.

When a enemy DoT hits the tank use Get in there! to remove it if it's vital.
    For the whole group you want to use Brush it Off! to remove it immediately.

If an ally dies use Stand and Fight! to battle rez them.

Macros:
    #show Stand Tall!
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Stand Tall!

#show We Won't Falter!
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast We Won't Falter!
    cast Catch Your Breath!

#show I'm with you!
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui I'm with you!

#show We Stand United!
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui We Stand United!

#show Liberation Treatment
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Liberation Treatment

#show Stand and Fight!
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Stand and Fight!

#show Get in there!
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Get in there!
    cast @group01 Get in there!
    cast @group02 Get in there!
    cast @group03 Get in there!
    cast @group04 Get in there!
    cast @group05 Get in there!
    cast @group06 Get in there!
    cast @group07 Get in there!
    cast @group08 Get in there!
    cast @group09 Get in there!
    cast @group10 Get in there!
    cast @group11 Get in there!
    cast @group12 Get in there!
    cast @group13 Get in there!
    cast @group14 Get in there!
    cast @group15 Get in there!
    cast @group16 Get in there!
    cast @group17 Get in there!
    cast @group18 Get in there!
    cast @group19 Get in there!
    cast @group20 Get in there!

Kalert:
    Code:
    KA::Ag8gueNqllM1unDAUhV+FrtJuUmwMNmJl/qpsqiidqJtIyAEPWPXYyHiSTtWHr/Ek6SSdoEk
    jgwBzsc+ncy4XZ5tgp7cmmAbBZfchA9kqGyXbcXNumem59TO1Oy9eltIwRXVNKYIEFDhJwyx0xbU
    b892VWNusZJZ9vrm+uGG3Qgq7a0Sr1XTT8bWQ3DRSqB+NXjedmKzh03TedVOGMclwDLMknA9wDmO
    3alZUX1fV1XwH/HCzKzcepv1T4neuf3/nATU8uFa3+p4vIr2spHGe5DBKSYwjGqeEnkxk+Wbkk23
    GYTeJlsnGGiaUUH3zy0MRFGYEkHdBfbNMdU6ssLwLPl4a3X46YDuEOqzMlFb8ZI6NU225YqrljR2
    4YePO609Q6vSn/6//cmCSqZ9LbjyVUJwDiEMISVTjoq7LBfkOcfM3VZK3FrJ9jED03hidSRl84TZ
    YDUZv+8FdxbQcp+Nf0BjGEBRlgmhUpKCoTrbjnpl2YM4R07iNnCN+2Se+ZUfmxaPwVb5cu4zodZA
    bPTs9aN0di9OxMtf5cRFVZU6rkqRpUZ8MZEQ/WK63UyPUnW6ZFVo1IXjI2Nz44FWi0I8Fx0rOR6e
    TMztMGTxEqT3Ks/cUkCLHJI1iDJ0rYfyWv9ecM6cctV44ANh1B0TPlRdsssf9qB+n/dOTeq3ObNC
    LOx5sx6WYvSikOMIxjQhCqMaoCvHJIM4C0WvjTXjsGpy8r8/3v54Vk/I4wt6Jwyoao7KCUQgcCCI
    kOb07RqOlVj3vGsNbfcfN7q12eOn/2uG2/wNBOiMe
    Last edited by Burninalways; 05-20-2016 at 03:24 AM. Reason: magelo linked specs
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Placeholder
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

When you have 2 Attack Points use We Are Unbowed! on the tank refreshing when it expires.
    We Are Unbowed @ 3AP is what you want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Hybrid Spec:
    48 Liberator, 28 Warchanter, 0 Paladin
    This spec offers greater aoe healing at the cost of some tank cooldowns, however it doesn't have a problem with Power regeneration due to not using Deep Breaths & Stand Tall! in the rotation. Your rotation will be mainly stacking your Liberator healing over time abilities on your tank and group while using Warchanter's unique abilities in tank healing.
    Your hybrid is... very very strange.

Why are you speccing into Stand and Deliver if you're not going to be using Deep Breaths and Stand Tall at all? It won't do damage or even give you a combo point. If you had to use two filler points, even Combat Medic would be better.

Two of the four Liberator HoTs you have in that build are a mere 12 points into the tree, and the only thing you gain later in the tree that's significant in tank healing in that build is Extraordinary care. You didn't spec into the HoTs from Dichotomy of Pain or Quick Remedy, which are quite strong. You're also losing We are Unbowed, which is the most powerful HoT a warrior can have (single stack that is). I don't know why you felt Continuous Treatment, which is very tiny, was better.

Overall, your hybrid is really purposeless. It has really low healing values from the warchanter abilities, and there's no synergy between talents in the Liberator tree like Medical Fellowship/Nonviolence training and your Warchanter healing. If you're trying to get as much shielding as possible by speccing deep enough into Liberator to get Extraordinary Care, neglecting points in Unfailing really isn't the way to go. You'd be better off deeper into Warchanter for Moving Words, to boost your I'm with you, or deeper into Liberator for HoTs from Dichotomy and Quick Remedy, and Mass Rescue.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 04-12-2016 at 12:09 PM.

Then when you start to lose too much power use Catch Your Breath!, and if you're moving your going to have to use Tactical Rest, both will give you Power needed to cast your abilities.
    If you wait until you're actually losing too much power to use Catch your breath, you're not going to have a nice time if you have to cleanse, move or refresh We'll Get Through This.

Also, please note that We'll Get Through This is an encouragement. It has a cooldown of 20 seconds, but that will be reduced to around 10-12 seconds while in combat. It costs a whooping 20 power, which is only 5 less than I'm with you.

#show We Won't Falter!
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast We'll get through this!
    cast We Won't Falter!

Thus, this macro is a waste of power, and a waste of power in Warchanter is extremely bad.

If you insist on macroing We'll get through this to something, We are unbowed is probably your best bet, assuming you keep it up well.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 04-12-2016 at 12:17 PM.

When the tank takes too much damage to heal through use Phalanx!, Bond of Brotherhood, Turn the Tide! or Power Variation, hopefully not all at the same time, which could be related to a boss mechanic or too many enemies attacking at once.
    Power Variation actually deals less HPS than I'm with you + We stand united. The eHPS is comparable to your regular healing. The main benefit of PV is that it's fully mobile and doesn't cost power. You'll regenerate around 12-13 power during it and you can move while channeling. Thus, it should be saved for emergency mobility and energy, not to counter very heavy tank damage.

Unlike your other CDs, it's also not oGCD, and the first tick takes a second after you begin channeling. So yeah, bad cooldown for massive damage.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 04-12-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Your kalerts are also weird.

Why are you bothering to track Don't give up? You might want to track its CD, since its an encouragement and will get reduced, but there's no point in tracking its duration. It's a short cooldown, relatively small absorb that'll get consumed fairly quickly, not a buff or powerful cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Your kalerts are also weird.

Why are you bothering to track Don't give up? You might want to track its CD, since its an encouragement and will get reduced, but there's no point in tracking its duration. It's a short cooldown, relatively small absorb that'll get consumed fairly quickly, not a buff or powerful cooldown.
    Kalerts are entirely personal preference so to nitpick that is weird. People prefer to track stuff that is inherently passive but that doesn't make it bad gameplay.

How does We'll Get Through This! work? I don't see a icon for the buff anywhere when I have Stand Tall! active on a player.

Quote Originally Posted by dcrago View Post
    How does We'll Get Through This! work? I don't see a icon for the buff anywhere when I have Stand Tall! active on a player.
    It reduces damage taken by the player by 3%, this is doubled to 6% when on a player with Stand Tall!.

You have to be in a group or raid for it to be applied, so if your not or casting on a dummy it will not apply.
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Soulwalker

About the stuff, Full AP or CP cap ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akatenshin View Post
    About the stuff, Full AP or CP cap ?
    Warchanter has forced crit from tactical rest, has a lot of shielding (which will never overheal) and benefits greatly from critting with your 1 point finisher/spot shield (We stand united). Soft-capping CP, and don't bother stacking anything. Just switch to healing weapons, greaters, a trinket and medic's crystal.

Thumbs down

Warchanter is unforgiving - extreme micromanaging at its worse. With all the ogcds you really need a no/low lag situation to make it useful. Also, why is Stand Tall last ONLY a minute? Is there something OP making this an hour long buff? Finally, why cant we have a Divine Favor type of buff to be used passively on our 2nd Stand Tall recipient with maybe a reduction in effectiveness on the 2nd? I cant see myself playing this in a raid environment where ST healing really matters and where you "may" have to do any mechanics lol. /sigh

Septictank - Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Bringer View Post
    Warchanter is unforgiving - extreme micromanaging at its worse. With all the ogcds you really need a no/low lag situation to make it useful. Also, why is Stand Tall last ONLY a minute? Is there something OP making this an hour long buff? Finally, why cant we have a Divine Favor type of buff to be used passively on our 2nd Stand Tall recipient with maybe a reduction in effectiveness on the 2nd? I cant see myself playing this in a raid environment where ST healing really matters and where you "may" have to do any mechanics lol. /sigh
    Read what Stand Tall does and you'll understand why this cannot be an hour long buff on two of your targets. There are PVP implications to consider here.

It's a minute long duration ability you maintain on your target. I assure you that it is not that hard to maintain. It's no different than other souls that have multiple HoTs on a tank to heal them that are a FRACTION of the length.

Also, Divine Favor, no.. That already ruins Cleric healing by causing an imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Read what Stand Tall does and you'll understand why this cannot be an hour long buff on two of your targets. There are PVP implications to consider here.

It's a minute long duration ability you maintain on your target. I assure you that it is not that hard to maintain. It's no different than other souls that have multiple HoTs on a tank to heal them that are a FRACTION of the length.

Also, Divine Favor, no.. That already ruins Cleric healing by causing an imbalance.
    Hello and thanks for your response. I know you do not know me and I am not taking offense to your response. Howevelr, I have spent about 70 hours (literally) on PTS testing this and BM. Therefore, I am pretty familiar with how it works . Anyhow, how is it broken if it lasts 5 mins? 10 mins etc? I can reapply it 60 times to keep it always on my target or once.... how does it break anything for pvp etc? How is it ANY different than a synth healing chloro buff? They do not apply their synth every 60 seconds?

I also agree that having it act like divine is problematic, however, try double healing two people in a raid situation with 1 minute double Stand Talls and tell me how that goes ;)

Bottom line, as my guild's raid leader I am taking a puri over anything at this time with a frostkeeper 2nd. Admittedly, I know VERY little about preserver. I do know I am not having a warchanter or a 61 phys be the main mt healer. PLEASE convince me otherwise.

Septictank - Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast