+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 3.5 Beastmaster Guide

Default 3.7 Beastmaster Guide

Welcome Preset Users!

Beastmaster (BM) is the warrior raid support soul. While it brings many benefits to a raid, notably Enrage and Command to Stand Ground, it is frequently under-utilized, mainly because of its overlap with the mage raid support soul Archon and because it is infamous for being the "hardest" raid support.

In Rift, raid supports bring powerful abilities that affect all allies, making them more valuable to the raid than an individual damage-dealer or healer. To be the best support, you have to be able to stay alive through every mechanic a boss can throw at you so you can continue to buff your allies. You must also be always looking for the best opportunities to use your support capabilities. And lastly, you will want to do as much damage as possible without neglecting the above two priorities.

Beastmaster should be used in any 20-man raid encounter that has a single priority target. Beastmaster is great on fights like Sicaron, but underwhelming on fights like Rune King Molinar. Beastmaster should not be used in 10-mans or dungeons as a full DPS will be more effective.

Beastmaster has a high skill cap, melee playstyle and cancompete with Mage supports when played well. It focuses on maintaining several damage-over-time (DOT) effects on its primary target in order to generate most of its damage. And it has a pet!

What's Changed
    Spoiler!

Point Spread:
    48 Beastmaster/28 Paragon/0 Reaver (This will be automatically filled out by the preset)

Mastery Alternatives:
    64: Precision Strikes is very close in DPS and extends the duration of your DOTs which makes the playstyle less hectic. I still believe Deliberate is the better mastery but if you read the next two pages this is contested. (I recommend using this mastery for beginners)
    65: Beastmaster has absolutely no AOE capability, so Power Variation can be a good option for fights with AOE components.

Synergy Crystal:
    Slayer's Crystal

Gear & Stats:
    As with all specs, you want to have 2980 Critical Power (this is the soft cap of 40% once you eat a feast and are affected by raid buffs) and then focus on Attack Power, Strength, and then even Physical Crit to round out your stats.

Buffs:
    Spoiler!

As a support, it is important to understand how your buffs, and those of other supports, interact with the rest of the raid. A fairly comprehensive list of these interactions is located here.

Important Abilities:

Yes, there are a large number of abilities needed to play Beastmaster optimally. Fortunately, most of them are used infrequently or tucked into macros, so don't worry, you'll get used to all of them.

Playstyle:

As a raid support, your primary job is to boost the raid's DPS, which you do by casting Enrage at the same time that every DPSer is entering their heavy-hitting cooldown block. Enrage is a unique raid buff, so it gains the most benefit if it is active at the same time as lava field and wild growth/power core. Your main focus is to drop enrage at an intelligent time for the rest of the fight. Typically, this will just be every minute right as Enrage comes off cooldown. However, if you know a mechanic is coming up soon that will reduce the raid's DPS, you should communicate with your raid that you are delaying Enrage and they should delay their cooldowns as well.

Most BM abilities are either DOTs or benefit from many DOTs being on the target. Your playstyle is going to revolve around re-applying your DOTs quickly after they fall off and hitting your spam macro waiting for DOTs to fall off. It winds up being more involved than that, but that's the basic idea.

Your DOTs will not fall of in nice, neat blocks, so BM is best when played with a priority rotation, which means that, at any given time, you should use the strongest ability you can.

Typical Builder Priority:

Enrage (not a builder but #1 priority)
    V
    RefreshCutting Slash(<2s left)
    V
    Cunning Ruse (5 DOTs active)
    V
    Twin Cuts (after DOT component has ended)
    V
    Tranquility
    V
    Soul Sickness
    V
    Apply Cutting Slash x3
    V
    Rising Waterfall
    V
    Vicious Blow
    V
    Fierce Strike (should only happen if you leave melee)
    Priorities are never fixed and part of improving your BM performance is understanding when certain abilties will be better than others.

It is usually correct to use a finisher when you are at 3 attack points. Tearing Slash if it has fallen off, or Brutal Strike otherwise.

Individual Abiltiy Notes:

Messy Wounds is an OGCD ability that debuffs the target to take 15% more damage from the beastmaster. It has no power cost so make sure it is up on your target at all times, refreshing before it falls off. However, you do not want to refresh it as soon as it comes off cooldown in case you need to target swap.

Cunning Ruse applies a buff with no visible timer that actually lasts 20s. It has a 15s CD. It is very important to never let this buff fall off, but you do have a 5s window between when it is available and when you need to use it. I personally track the CD of this skill as well as whether or not the buff has completely fallen off.

Cutting Slash is a DOT that stacks up to 3 times. While you should always wait until a DOT has fallen off before reapplying it, that is not the case for CS. Manually re-applying all 3 stacks is a DPS loss compared to clipping it before it expires. It deals damage every 3 seconds, so the optimal refresh timing is with 2 seconds left (0 is a number in Rift).

Twin Cuts, as the name implies, counts as 2 DOTs. While this would let you get Cunning Ruse's buff up fast, you should NEVER do that as this hits very hard. It has a 15s CD so make sure to always have Cunning Ruse's buff going before use.
    While it also applies damage-increasing debuffs, these are covered by the Archon in 20man content. However, if you are playing 58 BM (discussed later) because there is no archon, these are #1 priority to maintain. They last 30s so they should never fall off if you are managing your DOTs correctly. It just changes the opener for 58 BM to apply Twin Cuts as fast as possible.

While it is your weakest ability, Fierce Strike increases your pet's DPS by 15% for 15s (the tooltip is wrong, it lasts 15s not 12s). It is not worth maintaining the buff outside of Enrage. Enrage lasts 10s, so you want to use a Fierce Strike within 5s of Enrage being available so you get the buff without having to use a weak fierce strike during Enrage.

You also have two OGCD abilities, Flesh Rip and Vicious Opportunity. Flesh Rip hits harder if it lasts the whole duration, so if flesh rip is active, use vicious opportunity. It's unpredictable when your pet with crit, so if flesh rip has almost expired it is often a good idea to refresh it early. You'll want to hit these procs as often as possible as they are essentially free DPS.

Planar Call (the Planar Attunement skill) counts as a finisher for some reason. You can use this to activate your Calls before a pull if you want to really try hard.

The DPS trinkets from Mind of Madness (Seal of Mights) snapshot the enrage buff and gain a boost in base damage. This means that you should wait to use these trinkets until Enrage is active.

Macros:

Enrage:
    Spoiler!

Command to Attack:
    Spoiler!

Command to Stand Ground:
    Spoiler!

Command to Recover:
    Spoiler!

It's a good idea to tell your raid when you are using your cooldowns, so there's some macros to do that.

Messy Wounds:
    Spoiler!

This will maintain Messy Wounds fairly close to its 30s timer without letting it fall off. Just make sure to apply Messy Wounds manually at the start of a pull.

Spam:
    Spoiler!

This is the button you'll want to hit when you're waiting for you DOTs to fall off.

Flesh Rip:
    Spoiler!

Vicious Opportunity:
    Spoiler!

I macro them together but with different orders because sometimes I'll get two procs in quick succession and double tapping the button is faster than moving to another button.

Opener:

Always make sure you have summoned your Greater Vicious Companion before the fight starts.

Turn the Blade is a toggled Paragon buff that reduces your GCD to 1s, but reduces your damage. This lets you quickly apply your weaker DOTs and debuffs at the start of a fight or after substantial disconnects. Toggling it on uses a GCD but toggling it off does not, meaning you can cancel the buff for no cost.

These openers may look complicated, but they are very effective at both using enrage optimally and allowing you to enter your normal rotation.

Standard Opener:
    Spoiler!

This will give you almost always give you a 20% buff from Cunning Ruse (the 5 DOTs are Cutting Slash x2 + Enrage + Tearing Slash + a near guarantee of Strike to Maim proccing) quickly as well as starting the cast of flurry right as enrage is ending, gaining the buff from Enrage for the whole channel. The third cast of Cutting Slash is when it will calculate its damage, so using it twice with Turn the Blade on doesn't reduce its damage. While Enrage does do damage, the damage itself is incredibly weak, its just important for its raid buff. You want to hold off using any Flesh Rip or Vicious Opportunity procs until you toggle Turn the Blade off because their damage is reduced by it.

*You will use the above opener 95% of the time, and you should ignore the following openers until you perfect the standard opener*

Safe Opener:
    Spoiler!

Replacing the initial Fierce Strike with Soul Ssickness guarantees that you will have a 20% Cunning Ruse buff without relying on any ability to crit, but you lose the bonus pet DPS from Fierce Strike. I do not recommend using this opener as you are almost guaranteed to get a 20% Cunning Ruse from the above opener.

Far Opener:
    Spoiler!

If you are unsure if you will be in melee in time for the Cutting Slash, you can open with Thread the Trees for a minor loss.

Flaring Opener:
    Spoiler!

If the archon is otherwise occupied, you will be responsible for casting Command to Attack and the start of the fight, and this is how you do that.

*If you suffer some latency or some lag on pull, you can skip the ability before flurry to guarantee that flurry is buffed by Enrage

These openers are based on the generally accepted timings for using raid cooldowns, if your raid wants enrage at a different time you will have to come up with your own opener.

Raid Cooldowns

Enrage is the strongest 1min cooldown in the game. You should be aware of how long it is active (I use gadgets for this so it's not included in the kalerts below) and try to refresh as many of your DOTs during it as possible.

Command to Attack is identical to Archon's Flaring Power and while it has a 2min CD it puts a 5min debuff on everyone affected. This means that you use it every 5 minutes NOT every 2 minutes. Communicate with your archon about who will be casting it.

Command to Stand Ground and Command to Recover have 2 minute CDs, like Command to Attack, but apply unique 5min debuffs on affected players. YOU SHOULD NOT USE THESE ON COOLDOWN. Communicate with your raid leader and raid healers to see when the raid will be taking a lot of damage and you should use these. Because of the max health increase, you can survive damage you ordinarily could not. Command to Stand Ground is the stronger of the two by a large margin, so you can stagger them so you use CtSD during a period of incredibly heavy raid damage and Command to Recover at a different time to give your healers some extra juice.

Personal Cooldown Block
    While it is much more important to make sure that you are doing your part to keep raid cooldowns aligned, you still need to maximize your DPS during them.

You will basically follow your normal priority rotation while Enrage is active, but there are a few notable changes.

Your DOTs will maintain the buff from Enrage for their entire duration, so you should refresh your DOTs (Even if they haven't expired yet!) while Enrage is active for a noticeable boost. Primarily, you will want to refresh Cutting Slash, Tearing Slash, Twin Cuts, and Soul Sickness (in approximately that order).

Because of its long cooldown, Twin Cuts might not be available during Enrage. Be aware of this and try to correct it for the next Enrage block.

FAQ

You get X ability, why aren't you using it?
    If it does damage and I didn't mention it, it's just a DPS loss. (Yes, even shifting blades. Especially shifting blades)

What about Spotter's Call?
    Every raid support gets an abiltiy identical to this one. The bard/oracle version lasts twice as long, so you should let them handle it and not override theirs.

What about Focus of Body?
    Focus of Body (from Paragon) is going to be overridden in any form of group content so it is not mentioned above.

Why is it 48 beastmaster, not 61?
    The abilities you would gain from going to 61 BM are either overwritten by an archon (Call of Blood, Call of Stone, Call of the Forest) or just not good (Fury Unleashed, Call of the Forest, Primal Ludicity, Primal Heal, Guardianship, Calming Influence). The passive stat gains are also significantly less than putting those points into paragon.

Doesn't BM get a spam purge?
    Fierce strike's purge was given a 10s CD with Patch 3.4. Most fights don't require a purge so i moved the points elsewhere. If you still need to purge use this. There is no way to track this 10s CD so enjoy.

What about an interrupt?
    Here you go.

I'm used to Bard, is there an easier way to play BM?
    You can start out by using Precision Strikes and you lvl64 mastery. This makes the playstyle less hectic for beginners. Focus on using enrage correctly, maintaining cutting slash, and reapplying your DOTs quickly after they fall off. Just focus on these three things until they are second nature, don't even worry about hitting your other abilities for a while.

Once those are second nature, start hitting your spam macro and using the correct finisher.

After you get those down, start incorporating Flesh Rip and Vicious Opportunity into your play.

The last step is to add the Fierce Strike before Enrage.

Do other things count as DOTs?
    Yes, both the t1 and t2 trinkets have DOT effects that count for BM abilties. The t1 and t2 relic ranged weapon proc does not count for BM despite being a DOT.

I've heard BM can replace an archon but I don't see how from this guide?
    That's not a question so it gets its own section.

58 BM
    Spoiler!

I parse higher in 58 BM than in 48 BM, what gives?
    48 Beastmaster should perform higher than a 58 Beastmaster in a 20man raid.
    There's a few usual culprits for why this is not true in your case:
    1) When parsing on a dummy, 58 BM gains Call of Blood, which 48 BM will not have on a dummy parse. However, this is provided by an archon as well, so in a raid, 48 BM will get a noticeable boost. (When comparing your 48 and 58 parses, always make sure that you do NOT have Call of Blood active!)
    2) It is important to re-apply Cutting Slash, Tearing Slash, Twin Cuts, and Soul Sickness while Enrage is active, every time it is active. 58 BM does this easily with Gaping Wound, so make sure you are always refreshing these DOTs while Enrage is active while playing 48 BM.
    3) Would be hard to do if you're reading this guide already, but lots of people still use outdated builds/macros/playstyles etc. when playing beastmaster, so this another common problem.
    4) If you are sure you are following these above steps and 58 is still outperforming 48, let me know, I'd be happy to work with you.

Addons:

As a raid support, its a good idea to track the cool down of abilities that affect the whole raid. I use RaidCoolDowns for this.

Keeping track of all of your DOTs is also very important. I use gadgets to do this but another good option is KaruulAlert. You can use the following set to start out (it's slightly out-of-date since I don't use kalerts anymore):
    Spoiler!

As with macros, personal taste matters a lot. CUSTOMIZE THEM.

Things to keep in mind while actively playing BM (TL DR):

1) You want to use Enrage as much as possible, but you want to get its full benefit. If you cast Enrage and then the boss goes immune, you'll look silly. Learn the encounter and determine when you need to delay Enrage (if you don't know, casting Enrage as soon as it comes off cooldown is usually correct).
    2) Make sure the buff from Cunning Ruse is always active before using any big abilities. If it falls off, use Cutting Slash, Soul Sickness, and Tearing Slash to guarantee the 5 DOTs needed for a full buff.
    3) Keep all of your DOTs active. This is the bulk of your damage, so your ability to manage this step will determine your overall DPS.
    4) Use Vicious Opportunity and Flesh Rip as much as possible without letting the DOT from Flesh Rip expire.

Conclusion

Once you are comfortable with BM, you should start having an ability breakdown that looks something like:

48 BM:
    Spoiler!

58 BM:
    Spoiler!

DO NOT COMPARE THESE PARSES TO EACH OTHER THEY ARE DONE UNDER DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES

Don't look at the actual numbers because gear level is different for everyone. Look at the % contribution each ability does and make sure yours is similar. Building Rage is the proc name of the lvl64 Deliberate Strikes mastery and Explosive Intent is the Mind of Madness trinket proc.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me here or in game on SecondBass. Constructive feedback is always appreciated.
    Last edited by SecondBass; 09-09-2016 at 03:54 PM. Reason: updates parses
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

Champion

wonder what the changes will bring to BM

<Transcendent>

Rift Disciple

I don't know if I'm the only warrior who is still not sold on Deliberate > Precision, but I still consistently parse higher with Precision and I find it to be a lot more useful in general on pretty much every fight as it makes Cunning Ruse a lot simpler to manage during target swapping (such as Crystals on Enigma). In regards to the opener I generally prefer to build to 3 AP and do a finisher before flurrying. It makes DoT timings line up nicer later down the line (although I am playing with Precision) and you get tranquility on cooldown much faster into the fight.
    Also for targetswapping you generally want 2x CS, TS and FR (and Strike to Maim ofc) up before using CR. I think it's pretty important to count DoT's in situations where you know you can be low. I also kind of dislike macroing procs like that since you can potentially overwrite a Flesh Rip which was snapshotted to raid cooldowns and delay your next Vicious Opportunity.
    You also forgot to list flurry in your priority
    But other than that, good guide! I hope I don't sound like too much of a downer

EDIT: Oh and another thing, you can use this build for fights where there is quite a bit of cleave, but you still want to use a BM (Lady Justice is a good example). It won't put out as much ST as 48/28 but it's honestly pretty close. Also 4% additive pet damage is pretty much never worth it since you have 145% additive already from your soul gift and Blood Rage. The actual dps difference for your pet is like 1.6% and with your pets actual contribution to your dps, that's basically worthless.
    Last edited by Ordien; 02-14-2016 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Forgot something!
    Just here for the spreadsheets

Personally, I would not macro Flesh Rip and Vicious Opportunity together. My general rule:

Flesh Rip > Vicious Opportunity if there's 5 seconds left or less on Flesh Rip's DoT or if it's not up
    Flesh Rip for the initial damage component if Vicious Opportunity has more than half of its cooldown left
    Vicious Opportunity otherwise

I would also not macro Cutting Slash or Fierce Strike with Messy Wounds (especially when you spec back into Abolition for Sicaron or something), since it can cause a bit of macro lag (possibly fatal with Fierce Strike).

I personally have Flurry as my top priority non-DoT builder.

I demand a facecam video of you BMing with voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordien View Post
    Also for targetswapping you generally want 2x CS, TS and FR (and Strike to Maim ofc) up before using CR. I think it's pretty important to count DoT's in situations where you know you can be low. I also kind of dislike macroing procs like that since you can potentially overwrite a Flesh Rip which was snapshotted to raid cooldowns and delay your next Vicious Opportunity.
    You also forgot to list flurry in your priority
    I've found FR to be very unreliable on target swaps. I put up 3xCS > TS before CR. (with TTB if its a major disconnect like on Dark Genesis), but yeah if I get a FR proc I agree with you.

I've seen lots of different ways to manage FR/VO procs. Because there's no ICD on the proc, just on the abilties, I prefer to spam them because I don't like holding the procs.

Flurry is a weird abiltity to assign a priority to, because to get the full benefit you need 6 free seconds (finisher > full flurry > finisher). Since I spam my procs I can also starve out, so flurry is the best way to energy regen.
    If you can find 6s where you don't have to refresh CS, TC, CR then flurry is #1.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    I would also not macro Cutting Slash or Fierce Strike with Messy Wounds (especially when you spec back into Abolition for Sicaron or something), since it can cause a bit of macro lag (possibly fatal with Fierce Strike).
    I've never had that issue with CS, but yes, when I did spec Aboltion I did have FS unmacroed because Sicaron.
    Last edited by SecondBass; 04-12-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: to test out guide writer status
    The cockroaches won.
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records

Snip

I demand a facecam video of you BMing with voice.
    i second this.... GET IT?! Lelel

RIFT Guide Writer

I've never seen any sort of evidence that Precision Strikes is worse than Deliberate Strikes. I have always used PS myself. Even when 99% of BMs was using DS on Sicaron I never saw a parse that convinced me to do otherwise. The main reason I prefer PS is because it gives you way more opportunities to use flurry which means you get more energy to consume procs.

It might also be worth adding into your guide that refreshing Cutting Slash as soon as possible after the 3 second tick is the way to go. This will lead to more overall cutting slash ticks which is good since that's one of your highest damage abilities.

To add some more info, FR/VO procs are "on target". What I mean by that is that when your pet crits a target, you are able to use FR or VO on that target. So for a target swap you can't use FR/VO on the new target until your pet has also switched and then had a crit aswell.

The guide says that FS is a dps gain during enrage. I think that was in my own guide but I doubt that it's actually true these days since the pet doesn't scale very well. I can't be bothered to do the math since I'm not playing rift atm but maybe someone else wants to check that out.
    Fierce Wounds is probably still the better talent anyway because you end up using FS every now and then for purging or disconnects and the talent for additive damage is just really bad.
    In the opener you have fierce strike aswell as the first global cooldown, doing tranquility there would probably give you more dps (since you don't use it later during enrage anyway).

You should always be the one casting Flaring Power, because the archon equivalent costs charge and you can do it while you still have 1 second global cooldown active anyway.
    Last edited by ttlyevil; 02-15-2016 at 09:25 AM.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    You should always be the one casting Flaring Power, because the archon equivalent costs charge and you can do it while you still have 1 second global cooldown active anyway.
    But the archon equivalent is off GCD.

The archon couldn't possibly be low on charge 3 seconds into pull (and they can use charge pots too), and a one second offset between flaring and enrage/WG/Lava seems shady to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    The main reason I prefer PS is because it gives you way more opportunities to use flurry which means you get more energy to consume procs.
    Flurry is arguably better with Deliberate Strikes because a full channel gives you 3 stacks without TTB on.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-15-2016 at 10:08 AM.

But the archon equivalent is off GCD.

The archon couldn't possibly be low on charge 3 seconds into pull (and they can use charge pots too), and a one second offset between flaring and enrage/WG/Lava seems shady to me.

With orchestra the loss of charge from using flaring on pull is pretty much negated. However every subsequent flaring on that pull should be done by the BM.
    Last edited by InflatablePanda; 02-15-2016 at 05:17 PM.

Soulwalker

I've never seen any sort of evidence that Precision Strikes is worse than Deliberate Strikes. I have always used PS myself. Even when 99% of BMs was using DS on Sicaron I never saw a parse that convinced me to do otherwise. The main reason I prefer PS is because it gives you way more opportunities to use flurry which means you get more energy to consume procs
    +1

/10char

PS and deliberate looks equivalent for me but i like more PS for some reasons.
    buff enrage heritage, ur buffed dots hits longer and more rasing watterfall and vicious blows.
    lets Watch Cutting Slash cds per minute.
    with deliberate u have much like +10%dmg, ull get Something like this on term of CS cds:
    first minute:
    12//00sec (u have more choice for CS timing on enrage)
    12//24sec
    12//36sec
    12//48sec (a little bit tight for disconect lags and additional stuff to do in raid compared to PS mode but fairly doable)
    second minute:
    12//00sec
    12//24sec
    12//36sec
    12//48sec
    repeat....
    (CS 25% time buffed with enrage+ other dots will get full benefit it and 50% benefit from flaring in first minute for CS)

now CS with PS u have +6%dmg + other major things to count.
    first minute (at 0second for CS because ur next CS can get another boost from flaring before it fall)
    19//00sec
    18//19sec
    18//37sec
    14//55sec (u have more seconds gain to compensate potencial lags, disconnects and use other abilities)
    second minute
    19//09sec
    18//28sec
    18//46sec
    ( gain 1gcd per 2min for CS but way less dots to refresh and 'more rising waterfall and vicious blow hits' CS is buffed with enrage 31% time per min and 61% by flaring in first minute.)

its just my opinion.
    tranq as opener will make it miss enrage.
    i like more this opener TTB up SS CS CS TS enrage CR'full stacks gain for CR garanted'
    then TTB off to refresh all dots starting with CS (including SS at end of enrage)
    after that u focus on refreshing CS and TS before flaring falls ( perfectly timed with PS for longer injections)

another major thing, donot refresh any dot in sustained fight except CS make sure they completly fall (but u can refresh if u planing to swap target)

another thing about priorities, u can afroad late CR (20sec buff for a 15sec cd) even if CR miss his own buff 'its a weak dmg anyway' (2-3 more major gcds = acceptable and a gain and u gain a good gcd per min).
    SS more important than tranq 'tranq is more times used per min for likely same dmg than SS'.
    twin cuts is a major and high priority abilitie but make sur theres no self twin cuts on ur target before refreshing it .

SecondBass, Thumps up for this guide! Good job!

I want to convince my guild raid leader that a raid setup with a 48er BM as a 3rd supporter is superior to the 2 supporter raid setup!

Therefore, i want to share my arguments with you before i speak to him.

Raid scenario: NO multi targets, ONLY ST dmg is required.

NEGATIVE EFFECT: i give up ~ 35 % of my DPS when i run 48er BM instead of my top melee dps spec.

~~~VS~~~

POSITIVE EFFECT: + ~ 15 % Raid dps during the raids Burst phases by Enrage. That means that Lava field / orchestra and wild growth / energy core are RUNNING. This means that there is a compound interest effect (Zinseszins-Effekt in german). Therefore, that +15 % raid dps by enrage synergizes with lava fields + 15 % and Wild Growths + 10 % to 15% * (15% + 10%) = 3,75 %. That means its not +15 % raid dps by enrage rather then 15 % + 3,75 % = + ~ 19 % raid dps by enrage! Enrages CD is 1min. It runs 10s. That means its only 1/6th of the boss fights time running wich means 19 % / 6 = 3 %. Conclusion: 48er BM gives + 3 % permanent raid dps

Conclusion: +3 % raid dps > me losing 35 % of my dmg. => 48er BM is WORTH.

TL'DR:
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondBass
    [48er] Beastmaster should be used in any 20-man raid encounter
    Why is that?
    Last edited by Birkenspanner; 02-18-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Birkenspanner View Post
    Why is that?
    You've just said why. When used effectively, Enrage(+bm) is worth more overall raid dps then a paragon. It is the entirety of why you bring a 48BM over a DPS... if the BM is good enough anyway.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

SecondBass, Thumps up for this guide! Good job!

I want to convince my guild raid leader that a raid setup with a 48er BM as a 3rd supporter is superior to the 2 supporter raid setup!

Therefore, i want to share my arguments with you before i speak to him.

Raid scenario: NO multi targets, ONLY ST dmg is required.

NEGATIVE EFFECT: i give up ~ 35 % of my DPS when i run 48er BM instead of my top melee dps spec.

~~~VS~~~

POSITIVE EFFECT: + ~ 15 % Raid dps during the raids Burst phases by Enrage. That means that Lava field / orchestra and wild growth / energy core are RUNNING. This means that there is a compound interest effect (Zinseszins-Effekt in german). Therefore, that +15 % raid dps by enrage synergizes with lava fields + 15 % and Wild Growths + 10 % to 15% * (15% + 10%) = 3,75 %. That means its not +15 % raid dps by enrage rather then 15 % + 3,75 % = + ~ 19 % raid dps by enrage! Enrages CD is 1min. It runs 10s. That means its only 1/6th of the boss fights time running wich means 19 % / 6 = 3 %. Conclusion: 48er BM gives + 3 % permanent raid dps

TL'DR: Why is that?
    Closer to a 20% loss, with no disconnects or swaps.

Your numbers seem a bit weird, but yeah, the gain to raid DPS is worth the loss to personal DPS.

For all the Deliberate vs Precision doubters, can you show comparison parses where precision is better? Whenever I parse Deliberate winds up higher.

Additionally, if you look at the Fauxmire BM parses on prancing turtle, the only BMs to break 90k use Deliberate.
    We don't submit to prancing turtle so here's my parse this week:
    The cockroaches won.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast