+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [VIDEO] 3.3 61 paragon

Default [VIDEO] 3.3 61 paragon

Disclaimer: I threw this video together really fast to help out a few people asking me questions about paragon and me trying to explain it. I also find having a visual aid for a spec like this is very useful. I rant alot and could have done editing and less explanations, but I wanted to explain everything as if someone new to warrior or paragon were watching it and I tried to cover as much information as possible.

for a more raiding min/max written guide that I highly suggest you read first, look here: at Acuta's Paragon guide.

This is a basic paragon guide made for those that are entry level into the spec, the macros listed are ideal for dummy parsing, but all things in a raid setting are situational, like OtS application on multiple targets, saving alacrity for raid mechanics like sicaron contracts, having power manipulation on it's own button, and other such things.

There is also an error in the video around why you use combat focus at the end of alacrity instead of the beginning, it can be better explained here:

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/EREwddJ.png

http://i.imgur.com/zEEmSSK.png

Separating Alacrity and CF generates less lag (3 OGCD abilities in rapid succession means you eat up at least a second, pushing your rotation).

Finally, you can bypass the 2nd RH (2-pt) of CF, by using flurry to get another 1.3 RH proc in the 2nd block.
    Last edited by Orangu; 09-08-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    There is also an error in the video around why you use combat focus at the end of alacrity instead of the beginning, and this is so that you do not delay your tranquility CD. If you do delay your tranquility CD during alacrity, the next block will not have tranquility to use with shifting blades.
    While this is true, the main reason CF is used at the end of the block is because it's a dps increase over not doing so. This is explained with an old post, along with other reasons it's done. Even if the 2pt RH (from CF) doesn't double-proc from Alacrity, it's still a gain over any of the other options of when to use these abilities during Alacrity. A bit long, but good vid.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/EREwddJ.png

http://i.imgur.com/zEEmSSK.png

Separating Alacrity and CF generates less lag (3 OGCD abilities in rapid succession means you eat up at least a second, pushing your rotation).

Finally, you can bypass the 2nd RH (2-pt) of CF, by using flurry to get another 1.3 RH proc in the 2nd block.

You might want to look into cleaning up your audio a bit there. Some really nasty sounding interference or something with your mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    You might want to look into cleaning up your audio a bit there. Some really nasty sounding interference or something with your mic.
    ya, I originally wasn't going to share it on the forums, and was just going to have it on private mode, but decided to put it here. I would have done editing to it had it been planned to be made public. I'm going to be releasing a lot of videos in the future, especially for primalist, so I'll make sure to make senpai proud and edit those right and proper.

Plus my mic is trash, I need a new one

@Sedvick, thank you for the info, I'll edit that part
    Last edited by Orangu; 09-08-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Shadowlander

Nice guide.

Simple to understand and it seems that if done right everything flows together pretty well.

Though depending on ability lag or not sometimes i'm a half second ahead of the Shifting Blades which is kind of annoying but overall. Very very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriem View Post
    Nice guide.

Simple to understand and it seems that if done right everything flows together pretty well.

Though depending on ability lag or not sometimes i'm a half second ahead of the Shifting Blades which is kind of annoying but overall. Very very good.
    the thing is that's how paragon works unfortunately

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Shadowlander

I am a little confused about the rotation discussed in the video. Orangu says to use, for instance, buttons 1-2-3-4-3 in sequence. Is he hitting each button just once before moving to the next? I ask because watching the video he seems to take more than one second (the GCD) between some of the "numbers".

Second question: I am just starting my first warrior and plan to use Paragon as the main soul. I was thinking of going 11 or 12 into Warlord with the rest in Tempest. Going 12 into Warlord allows things like Combat Veteran and Battlefield Medic. Would that work better for a solo pve leveling spec?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haemysh View Post
    I am a little confused about the rotation discussed in the video. Orangu says to use, for instance, buttons 1-2-3-4-3 in sequence. Is he hitting each button just once before moving to the next? I ask because watching the video he seems to take more than one second (the GCD) between some of the "numbers".

Second question: I am just starting my first warrior and plan to use Paragon as the main soul. I was thinking of going 11 or 12 into Warlord with the rest in Tempest. Going 12 into Warlord allows things like Combat Veteran and Battlefield Medic. Would that work better for a solo pve leveling spec?

Thanks
    Think about it like finishers going off. as soon as the finisher consumes all of your attack points move to the next macro. Exceptions are macro 1 you need to do macro 2 because that has it's specific finisher, and macro 5 you use a finisher twice instead of once.

As for the soloing build, that's fine. Do whatever works for you.
    Last edited by Orangu; 10-15-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Plane Touched

Would it be a bad idea to let flurry do another tick to make up for the empty second before shifting blades? I've been doing it and didn't see a DPS difference, however the spec felt much smoother...
    Athanil@Gelidra <Harshmallows>
    -- 11/11 HK | 8/9 MoM | 4/4 CoA NM --

Quote Originally Posted by Athanil View Post
    Would it be a bad idea to let flurry do another tick to make up for the empty second before shifting blades? I've been doing it and didn't see a DPS difference, however the spec felt much smoother...
    sure, I don't see a problem with this.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Plane Touched

Where'd the video link go... am I blind?

You are blind, because it's embedded in the post. The link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQc4t1FaJec

Plane Touched

Thanks. The imbed is not showing up for me for whatever reason.

Question. Timing of switching between macros. The first macro doesn't have a finisher, so I switch to macro 2 when I have 3 action points? After that, do you switch to the next macro before the finisher (3 action points)? Or after the finisher uses up the action points?

Sorry if this seems obvious but I've only used builder and finisher macros separate. This is quite clever and just am wondering about the timing.

Thank you

Irie

Quote Originally Posted by irieguin View Post
    Thanks. The imbed is not showing up for me for whatever reason.

Question. Timing of switching between macros. The first macro doesn't have a finisher, so I switch to macro 2 when I have 3 action points? After that, do you switch to the next macro before the finisher (3 action points)? Or after the finisher uses up the action points?

Sorry if this seems obvious but I've only used builder and finisher macros separate. This is quite clever and just am wondering about the timing.

Thank you

Irie
    yes you swap to macro 2 when you get 3 action points from macro 1, and switching to the next macro after that does not matter because they both do the same thing outside of one using tranquility and the other using setting moon. swap to it at 3 cp, 1 cp or after the finisher. does not matter but you need to be aware of where you are in the 15s rotation so that you know when to swap to what macro.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Shadowlander

Thanks for the video guide!

I have a problem, at the end of each block when i cast my SM and OptS my Shifting Blades is not ready most of the time. i lose around 0.5 to 1 sec waiting till it is up again.

Is there a way to optimize that? or is it a latency problem?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast