+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 3.3 Paragon Guide

RIFT Guide Writer

Default 3.3 Paragon Guide

Introduction:

Don’t feel like writing a novel at the moment but the information out there for paragon isn’t amazing so I guess anything is better than nothing. With 3.3 paragon got a tiny buff (see explanation in spoiler tag). I’m not sure if that pushes paragon ahead for pure ST situations, but paragon is still the best spec to use when melee is possible and you need to handle multiple quick target swaps.

Spoiler!

Spec:
    61 Para/10WL/5 Tempest
    Masteries are at the bottom below the tree

Synergy Crystal:
    Warmaster

Buffs:
    Turn the Blade
    Way of the River
    Way of the Wind
    Enhanced Conductivity
    Recovery Posture *
    Focus of Body **

*Recovery Posture is not needed for dps and it turns Sergeant’s Order into a taunt. Sometimes it’s better to not use this.
    **Focus of Body does not stack with some raid buffs so in a raid you never need to use this.

Important DPS Abilities:
    Spoiler!

utility abilities
    Spoiler!

General playstyle:
    Shifting blades and several other strong paragon abilities have a 15 second cooldown. This means that the best way to play paragon is to follow a set rotation to ensure that you use all these abilities as often as possible. Paragon also has 1 minute cooldown (Alacrity) that is very powerful. To reach the best results with paragon, you want to follow your rotation as closely as possible so that you do not ever delay any of those important abilities.

In raids you also have to ensure that you use your Alacrity at the same time as your raid cooldowns (wild growth, lava field etc). The easiest way to do this is to agree on a set time with your whole raid to use cooldowns at the start of the fight. After that, if everyone uses their abilities on cooldown they will always be lined up.

Macros:

Spam macro:
    #show Rising Waterfall
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Setting Moon
    cast Power Manipulation

Alacrity macro:
    #Show Alacrity
    cast alacrity
    cast reaping harvest

Combat focus macro:
    #show Combat Focus
    cast Combat focus
    cast reaping harvest

Rotation:
    By ability:
    Spoiler!

Notes:
    The rotation lists RW, but using FB when available instead of RW is a dps gain. FB can only be used when your target is below 30% health. If you use the spam macro I listed, that macro will use FB instead of RW automaticly.
    At the start of a fight, it’s best to start with one of these two openers:
    ttt>RW>RH or use GtH and then SM>RW>RH.
    This will get you an extra unleashed stack before going into Alacrity and give your supports time to get buffs and debuffs up before going into your hard hitting abilities.
    Last edited by ttlyevil; 07-17-2015 at 05:45 AM.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

To the dummy!

4/4 ROF +HM (Conq.) 5/5 MS 3/3 TF (EU Fastest Crucia Kill - alt style) 11/11 HK A.F.K #4 World iGP NM & HM

I prefer the "quick" guide.

Is there any reason to use CF at the end of Alacrity? Having all three buffed RH (Lv62 Mastery) benfit from Alacrity should be a DPS gain.

SM > OtS > SB
    Tranq > RW > (Alacrity) RH
    (CF) > RH
    RW > SM > RH
    RW > DT > RH
    RW > RH

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelkind View Post
    Is there any reason to use CF at the end of Alacrity? Having all three buffed RH (Lv62 Mastery) benfit from Alacrity should be a DPS gain.

SM > OtS > SB
    (CF) > RH
    RW > SM > RH
    RW > DT > RH
    RW > RH
    edit: derped, ignore this post
    Last edited by Lurentia; 07-18-2015 at 07:24 AM.
    7/11 HK 4/4 iGP | 0/9 MoM
    Pizzacatt@Laethys | Pitacat@Laethys | Pururun@Laethys

Ascendant

They ARE buffed by alacrity in the rotation up top, well 2 anyway. 10 abilities during it's 10 second duration either way. The same abilities, only in a different order. The only way yours is a DPS increases is because of lag not letting you have that last RH, which is going to be a bigger deal then a third buffed RH.

MORE importantly however, is the rotation FLOWS better they way the guide presents it. Which is 4 blocks of...

SM > OtS > SB
    Tranq > RW > (ala) RH
    SM > RW > RH
    DT > RW > RH
    XXX > RW > RH

It's always the same thing, except what to use as the first ability of the last set, and whether alacrity is up or not. Which helps get it down perfect, and consistent, and that's how you perform better at all times, instead of sometimes. You could put it earlier to make sure you get everything you can for CF though. However, like THIS

SM > OtS > SB
    Tranq > RW > (ala) RH
    XXX > RW > RH
    SM > RW > RH
    DT > RW > RH

and not what you suggested. Which is

SM > OtS > SB
    Tranq > RW > (ala) RH
    (CF) RH> RW > SM
    RH> RW > DT
    RH> RW > RH

Beacause this right here?

RH> RW > SM
    RH> RW > DT
    RH> RW > RH

That's just WRONG. Your muscle memory will know, and will screw you over on it. Which makes your dps drop right down the drain.

Also, I'm pretty sure that entire thing I just wrote is stupid and the reason it's at the bottom is that the buff lasts long enough for the third buffed up from CF reaping harvest is the one that's after Shifting Blades. Because I froget things sometimes.
    Last edited by Repster; 07-18-2015 at 07:31 AM.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

RIFT Guide Writer

SM > OtS > SB
    (CF) > RH
    RW > SM > RH
    RW > DT > RH
    RW > RH
    Im just thinking on how this ends up working for the rest of the rotation and I think you start running into some issues. Something like this:

SM > OtS > SB
    (CF) > RH
    RW > SM > RH
    RW > DT > RH
    RW > RH

SM > OtS > SB
    Tranq > RW > RH
    SM > RW > RH
    SM > RW > RH
    DT > RW > RH

SM > OtS > SB
    Tranq > RW > RH
    (CF) > RH
    RW > SM > RH
    RW > SM > RH
    RW > RH

SM > OtS > SB
    Tranq > RW > RH
    SM > RW > RH
    DT > RW > RH
    SM > RW > RH

So in this rotation what you get out of CF is basicly 9x CF buffed 3pt RH, or 270% extra RH damage. In the normal rotation you get (keep in mind 2pt RH is 75% damage of 3 pt RH):
    5x CF buffed 3pt RH (150% dmg)
    2 of these are affected by SB (2*30*0.75=45% dmg)
    3x CF buffed 2pt RH (3*30*0.75=67.5% dmg)
    For a total of 262.5%

So on CF its a tiny gain, but you also lose one DT, which gets replaced by a death touch and you lose DJ for one RW hit. Overall I think the original rotation comes out to higher dps. In this comparison Im not accounting for having a bit higher burst, I dont think that makes a significant difference though.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

CF not paired with Alacrity is going to be a DPS gain, but in theory you need to be able to (on fights where Para is relevant) switch as you please.

On Sicaron, for example, your Alacrity timing might be off due to lag or w.e (I know its always off for me), at which point if Alacrity is off CD in the middle of a contract, pairing CF with it right away is better than continuing with a static rotation as aforementioned.
    Same with Johann.

As always, rotations are just there to give you a baseline, you need to be able to build on it and adapt as needed. But for all intensive purposes, the OP rotation is the best and should net you the higher DPS even if you don't manage to get the 5th RH to double due to latency.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    On Sicaron, for example, your Alacrity timing might be off due to lag or w.e (I know its always off for me), at which point if Alacrity is off CD in the middle of a contract, pairing CF with it right away is better than continuing with a static rotation as aforementioned.
    Same with Johann.
    But why would you use para on Sicaron
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    But why would you use para on Sicaron
    Reaver is boring :/

BM or Para all da way! #Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    Reaver is boring :/
    Reaver is painfully boring, but just I can't bring myself to work harder to do less DPS. It really makes me sad playing warrior these days.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Xentex View Post
    Reaver is painfully boring, but just I can't bring myself to work harder to do less DPS. It really makes me sad playing warrior these days.
    it all depends on crit rng on siccaron personally i do better with para i have hit higher overall numbers with reaver but the rng on vs and inf can be terrible lol para seems alot more reliable

RIFT Guide Writer

Doing a good parse as reaver isnt just about crit RNG. My best sicaron parse is 195k and I didnt have any special crit rng (everything at around average). I did play everything in a nearly optimal way though. If youre not adjusting your play to contracts correctly you might never go over 170k.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

We like to throw around our raid CDs at random times, sometimes during contracts, sometimes not, and sometimes we'll just skip them altogether for a while. At this point, on the times we die, it's generally to missed purges or somebody running red into red.

I messed with Paragon on Sicaron exactly one day, briefly got myself excited when I topped the charts on a failed 6 minute pull, and then fell back to middle of the warrior pack when the stars didn't perfectly align.

I returned to reaver because if I want to make things harder for the sake of making them harder I'd just slip /dance and /point in between my GCDs and call it a day.

Nice paragon guide, Hope ppl still learn para. One day it will be buffed again

#buffpara
    #StillHope

AndyTheDandy 65 primalist, Andyboii 65 Warrior, Handy 65 Rogue
    T1 cleared, 10/11 HK,4/4 iGP&HM,2/9 MoM www.harshmallows.me, http://www.twitch.tv/andyboiihm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KudzauqnzB8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast