+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3.2 - 51 Tempest / 25 Reaver

Default 3.2 - 51 Tempest / 25 Reaver

Introduction:
    I created this spec to provide Focused Fire for Sicaron and as an excuse not having to play 61 Tempest. I'm still testing it on other encounters but it seems promising so far.
    Kudos to Sedvick for his feedback!

Pros / Cons:
    + Easy rotation
    + Focused Fire
    + Decent ST DPS
    - Bad at switching targets
    - Less mobile than reaver
    - Less passive cleave damage than reaver
    - Meh AoE DPS

Spec:
    51 Tempest / 25 Reaver / 0 Paragon
    Masteries below soul tree.

Buffs:
    Electromagnetic Shield, Empower, Enhanced Conductivity, Binding of Affliction, Way of the River

Macros:
    #show Infestation
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Power Manipulation
    cast Infestation
    cast Delayed Pulse
    cast Dual Pulse

#show Skyfall
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Double Pulse
    cast Skyfall
    cast Lightning Torrent

#show Necrotic Wounds
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Power Manipulation
    cast Necrotic Wounds
    cast Soul Sickness

Opener:
    Lightning Torrent > Dire Corruption

Rotation:
    Infestation > Dual Pulse > Arc
    Necrotic Wounds > Soul Sickness > Charged Pulse > Double Pulse+Skyfall
    Lightning Torrent > Skyfall

Delayed Pulse > Dual Pulse > Arc
    Necrotic Wounds > Soul Sickness > Charged Pulse > Double Pulse+Skyfall
    Lightning Torrent > Dire Corruption

Rotation in macros:
    Macros are in order as posted above.
    1 > 1 > Arc *
    3 > 3 > Charged Pulse > 2
    2 > 2

1 > 1 > Arc
    3 > 3 > Charged Pulse > 2
    2 > 2

* Use '1 > Dual Pulse' whenever both Infestation and Delayed Pulse are up. This occurs atleast once at the start of the fight.

Things to note:
    - Use Focused Fire with Lavafield / Enrage
    - Try to align your rotation so that Infestation is cast at the beginning of Lavafield / Enrage
    - In case you have to delay Infestation (Sicaron e.g.) make sure to reapply Necrotic Wounds as it would run out before Infestation explodes
    - Make sure Infestation always hits with all three reaver DoTs up. Adjust for target switching accordingly
    - It's possible to swap the DoT macros but when worse comes to worse it's possible to mess up your rotation

Looking forward to your feedback.
    Last edited by dunkelst; 06-15-2015 at 04:07 AM.

A few things. First off, taking a point out of Fester and putting it in Teaching of the Five Rings would be an overall dps gain. This build is almost all builders, the only finisher being Skyfall and Arc, with only Skyfall not being affected by the talent. Fester only has a 50% up-time on this 30s rotation, while TotFR would cover almost everything, making the 2% damage it provides a bit better. The only reason you even go that deep into Reaver is for Infestation anyways, and you pick that up at 24 points.

It's too late (early?) to comment on the rotation, so I'll come back to that tomorrow when I wake up, but having Reaver dots fall off for so long and only having them up once every 30s, aside from DC, kind of defeats the purpose of such strong abilities. Again, I'll take a look tomorrow and come back with my findings.

P.S. - This build is literally only good for Sicaron (right now) to provide FF because of its full ST nature and how the abilities work with contracts. If you want FF on any other fight, Tempest will do it better. This spec has been around for a while, but it fell into disuse because of all of its shortcomings.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 06-14-2015 at 03:29 AM.

I didn't really think about the TotFR, but aren't those 2% from TotFR additive while the 3% from Fester are multiplicative albeit with only 50% uptime? Not sure which would be better.

The problem with the dots is reapplying them would mean losing something else.
    Aborting LT early is the only option I see. But in that case you'll end up overwriting dots quite early with PS. You'll get a nice rotation when ignoring the dot duration increase (keep PS? DS instead?)

Infestation > DuP > Arc
    NW > SS > Charged > DP+SF
    3s LT > SF
    Del > DuP > Arc
    NW > SS > Charged > DP+SF
    2s LT > DC > SF *

* Losing 0.5s or replace with a 1.5s LT and do a 2AP SF. 61s still better than 63s though.

RIFT Guide Writer

Do you have any numbers for this on sicaron? Typical tempest numbers I see are 140-150k and as Sedvick said, Sicaron would be the only place where you could use this spec.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

I have a screenshot where I was at 145k about 9 minutes in (our highest parsing reaver was at 156k with slightly better gear). The only excuse I have is that we're no progress guild (5/11) and the supports didn't use rcds perfectly that try (in fact enrage and lavafield were 16s apart). That was with the rotation in #1.

For reference: Fist of Threngar + Horizon Blade, 11582ap, 2985cp, 6566crit selfbuffed as reaver. No greater essences.

In your 9min Sicaron fight, you just play the rotation as is, or save certain abilities for contracts?
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

I delay FF and Infestation for next contract and play the rotation from there on. Since there is a bigger delay you have to reapply NW before the contract. I think it's 3-4 GCD delay most of the time.
    Got up to 700k Infestations (and 1.2mio on Threngar, but you have to be very lucky for that)
    Last edited by dunkelst; 06-14-2015 at 06:58 AM.

We still have Sicaron up for this week, i'll test it tonite and see what i can make of it.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    Do you have any numbers for this on sicaron? Typical tempest numbers I see are 140-150k and as Sedvick said, Sicaron would be the only place where you could use this spec.
    Played the spec this week on Sic to try it out, albeit with a different rotation, and pulled ~147k with 2 contract placements and a few flubs (I still have a t1 relic 2H btw). I can see it getting into the 160k+ region (was around there when playing properly) with better rotational management, but you can't really hold onto abilities or change the format of the rotation too much because of ability cds. I'm going to go over a few other rotations today, including OP's to see what comes out best.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 06-14-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Alright, here's my final judgement on this.

Even when I was using 5/5 Ionized Discharge to boost up EB damage a bit more to skew the parses in your rotations favor, it would still fall short of what I found to be the optimal rotation. I will go back on what I said about 5/5 Fester vs 4/5 + 1/5 TotFR, though.

Anyways, here's the build/masteries (rotation below) that I found to be optimal. Through all my parses, even when the crit rng was in favor of other rotations with other masteries (namely Precision Strikes), this variation of the build came out either on-par or slightly ahead. The 5 extra points for utility in Tempest can be spent wherever.

This is the rotation I went with to line things up best with at least the 1st Sicaron contract. I didn't ever change up the rotation in any way because of the limited time I had with it, but it still parsed decently. Use Focused Fire and Power Manipulation with contracts.

LT > DC
    Del > DuP > Arc
    NW > SS > CP(SF)(DP)

LT > SF
    Inf > DuP > Arc
    NW > SS > CP(SF)(DP)

Couple of quick parses and I'm parsing the highest with that as well. Didn't think about replacing a SF for DC. Updated the guide with the new spec and rotation.
    Last edited by dunkelst; 06-15-2015 at 04:08 AM.

157k this week with the spec after having to place 5 contracts and having 1 person run a contract out early. I also still have Senblade (Threngar relic 2H). 160k+ easily achievable.

Could this build be used in fights outside sicaron? Or is it a spec for a specific fight?

This spec is mainly meant for Sicaron to provide Focused Fire. In every other scenario/fight where you'd want FF, 61 Tempest played properly will do it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    This spec is mainly meant for Sicaron to provide Focused Fire. In every other scenario/fight where you'd want FF, 61 Tempest played properly will do it better.
    Thx for answering...We are not close to sicaron but i guess i ll wait to try it there

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast