+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Quick Warlord Guide

Default Quick Warlord Guide v2

This is a guide for the new Warlord, as there wasn't one done for the update a while back.
    This guide will teach you to play Warlord correctly and very easily.
    Though warning mistakes could be present.

Best Spec:
    61 Warlord, 13 Paragon, 2 Tempest

Alternative Spec:
    61 Warlord, 11 Paragon, 4 Champion - Non Tempest

Masteries:
    Level 61 - Resonating Strikes
    Level 62 - Soul Regeneration
    Level 63 - Gladiator Combat Training
    Level 64 - Deliberate Strikes
    Level 65 - Power Manipulation

Buffs:
    Ready Posture
    Deadly Posture
    Enhanced Conductivity
    Way of the River
    Focus of Body

Standard Rotation:
    Macros can't be used during the Battlefield Experience blocks, as everything is off cooldown at that time.

Turn the Blade (On)
    Into the Breach > Decisive Strike > (Arterial Strike) > Breaking Blow
    King of the Hill > Piercing Thrust > Turn the Blade (Off)

Battlefield Experience > Decisive Strike > Killing Field
    (Arterial Strike) > Decisive Strike > King of the Hill > Piercing Thrust > Killing Field
    (Arterial Strike) > Decisive Strike > King of the Hill > Piercing Thrust > Killing Field

(Arterial Strike) > Piercing Thrust > Breaking Blow
    Decisive Strike > Piercing Thrust > Breaking Blow

King of the Hill > Piercing Thrust > (Arterial Strike) > Breaking Blow
    Decisive Strike > Piercing Thrust > Breaking Blow

Piercing Thrust > Decisive Strike > Breaking Blow
    (Arterial Strike) > King of the Hill > Piercing Thrust > Killing Field

Piercing Thrust > Decisive Strike > (Arterial Strike) > Breaking Blow
    Piercing Thrust

Battlefield Experience > Decisive Strike > Killing Field

Macros:
    #show Decisive Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Power Manipulation
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast Piercing Thrust

#show King of the Hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Piercing Thrust

#show Empowering Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Shock Pulse

#show Breaking Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Breaking Blow
    cast Skyfall

#show Wave of Steel
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Wave of Steel

Karuulalert:
    Code:
    KA::A8MTyeNqlU01rwzAM/Su97dbZ+XASfLKTGHbZocvYpRDcRC0mqVNsF1bYj5+bstJ1H4QW2SB
    bD+k9yebSuR5mL3uzAYppRXe9PIAZXeE3v4wzkfMiK1kWCZKinJcUeaDwhrwt1NrRQjr5uHx9Wsq
    V6pU71KoZtF0aH7NO9h2Y2lfQ0tQG1vsN1AjXct62lpIoo0kcUYKOC8+D2OemeflclYujh0cLkSd
    VfV2PJzLWFx8nqmsFfTsr33dgFOjmH1E/kEyIkKMiyRJGIpSKaLK8DkDXcIBRSJJkNA3Q7UIq2Tj
    VyP7vqVwhmOBJkuYkzHiA0xBPn0srTVd7z0mlt6CdH8dJA47uG8abNP1g2gc7E0Ozt7+JuIboQcN
    k4iswFkwXndne1XFmnH8Ex346o7rLls+d9B12Z9LXSCZYXOQkJoxzjksmJivYyl41atjb2o6pvv+
    Em+UEVHwCnJYp/g
    Last edited by Burninalways; 08-12-2016 at 06:49 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Placeholder
    Last edited by Burninalways; 07-13-2016 at 09:28 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

During BE, use Decisive Stike Only. Killing Field > (BE) DSx3 > KF > DSx3 > KF >DSx2 PT > KF then back to normal rotation.

I'm not sure about your macros, Ideally, during normal rotation, you'd want to use Piercing Thrust Manually. To make sure it always (and only) get used consuming Warlord's Focus. Yes it's easier to just use it as a spam attack, but even with the boost from KotH, it's still not stronger than empowered strike (about 650 dmg behind for my gear), let alone AQD at sub 30%. Arterial Strike is also a net gain to use on CD, but power becomes an issue. Some would say micro manage this, so as to not "waste" attack points. But if you're not using it every 6seconds you're just losing DPS for no reason.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Ty to TtlyEvil (aka Acuta) for helping me get rid of the couple pesky Empowered Strikes I had lingering in the rotation.

Good luck with macros...

(BS) - Battle Surge oGCD
    (TS) - Tactical Surge oGCD
    BB - Breaking Blow
    KF - Killing Field
    DS - Decisive Strike
    PT - Piercing Thrust
    RW - Rising Waterfall
    KotH - King of the Hill
    (Art) - Arterial Strike oGCD
    (BE) - Battlefield Experience oGCD

Rotation - start with 3
    (OPENER)
    (BS)DS > KotH
    (TS)PT > (Art)BB

(CD BLOCK)
    (BE)DS > DS > KF
    (Art)DS > DS > DS > KF
    DS > DS > DS

(Normal Rotation)
    BB
    KotH > RW > PT(BS)
    (Art)DS(TS)
    RW > PT > RW > KF
    (Art)PT > BB
    KotH > Decisive > BB
    (Art)PT > RW > BB
    PT > RW > (Art)RW > BB
    DS > KotH > BB
    (Art)PT > RW > BB
    Dec > PT > (Art)BB
    (Back to CD block)

Enjoy... please don't hurt me.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Debilerate Strikes > Precision Strikes

The scaling of Warlord put Debilerate Strikes way ahead.
    It represent up to 8% of your DPS which is equal to a whopping ~8.7% total damage increase compared to much less than 6% from Precision Strikes. Precision Strikes adds up additively to the already ultra high damage increase % of Warlord.

The most important thing about Warlord really is the overly abusive scaling of it.
    High passive crit chance on top of auto-crits Piercing Thrusts from King of the Hills makes Crit Power capping #1 priority.
    The extremely over abusive amount of % AP/WD (25% + 20% + 10% + 10% + 6% + 4%) increase make the Weapon damage and AP after Crit Power soft cap (3020 pre feast and sigil I believe is the right number) boost Warlord damage sky high.

I'm already pulling ahead of Reaver in single target by 2k's in full expert + Dreambreaker gear from being crit power soft capped and having everything else boosting my AP with 0 Phys Crit Hit gear.

I can't test with Raiding gear since my warrior is my alt, but I'll run parses with my current gear of both Reaver and Warlord.
    With 14.1k AP and somewhere around ~3020 CP, I am pulling around 57-58k DPS on multiples 3 minutes parse with Warlord (Stopping right before the fourth Battlefield Experience came off CD).
    With Reaver with less AP because way less scalling and same CP, I am pulling around 55-56k DPS on multiples 3 minutes parse (Stopping before coming back to the starting rotation of infestation and Viral Stream).
    Both tested using a chloro Living Energy.

I'll reparse on 5 minutes parses with chloro energy again to see, but the difference I'm seeing with the change of gear my alt got is massive for Warlord because of the massive AP scaling once the CP soft cap has been reached. Not so much for Reaver.

I didn't compare with Tempest because I hate Tempest with a passion so I can't tell the difference between both.
    Last edited by Snap; 03-21-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

So, after parsing both my Reaver and Warlord spec for 5 minutes each using Anthem of Fervor for the cost reduction, here are the results I got...

First off, here are the Reaver results.
    My stats in Reaver
    Quick Warlord Guide-reaverstats.jpg
    Note: I have 19.22% crit chance in Reaver. I also have the 88 CP proc greater.

Reaver 5 minutes parse
    Quick Warlord Guide-reaverparse.jpg

The results I got with Reaver was a constant stream of 55-56k DPS, sometimes dropping to 54 and sometimes going up to 57k during Viral Stream + Infestation.
    At 3 minutes I started to run into a minor energy issue but DPS stayed constant and similar through the last 2 minutes. I was at 56k DPS at 3 minutes

Warlord stats
    Quick Warlord Guide-warlordstats.jpg
    Note: I go up to 14 118 AP with Battle Surge and I have 32.36% crit chance in Warlord. Just like for Reaver, 88 CP proc greater.

Warlord 5 minutes parse
    Quick Warlord Guide-warlordparse.jpg

The results I got with Warlord are rather different. Up to the 3 minutes mark, I never went below 58.5k DPS. At the 3 minutes mark, I dropped to 56.5k after I screwed up a little while trying to keep all the CDs lined up. I then stayed steady at 56.5k for the reminder of the 2 minutes.
    On this parse, I was using a different CD block for Battlefield Experience which consist of:
    Killing Field - KotH - DS - Piercing Thrust - Repeat until the last KF line up perfectly at 1-0 second left on BE.
    I tried with KF - DS - DS - DS - Repeat until the last KF line up at 1-0 second left on BE, but I was getting lower DPS. Probably due to the auto crit on Piercing Thrust. The crit chance that support will provide will undoubtly make KF - DS - DS - DS pull ahead.

Comparing to the parses I remember doing several weeks ago when my warrior wasn't nearly as geared (1k less CP, much less AP and had phys crit gear (don't have any phys crit gear now)), I was around 51k with Warlord and 52-53k with Reaver back then.

The result I'm making out of it is that Warlord scaling may cause Warlord to actually pull ahead in terms of DPS with T1 gear and starting with T2 gear in the near future.

I'll try running more tests and parsing.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Snap; 03-21-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Another parse for Warlord.
    This time using the KF - DS - DS - DS rotation during BE.
    Quick Warlord Guide-warlordparse2.jpg

Damage distribution seems pretty much the same, but my parse was all over the place. Lag kept ****ing me over and somehow I ended up using Surges during BE (although I didn't delay KF with proper AS usage).
    Gotta work on my priority system/rotation, messed up too much.

Edit: After another 7min parse (62,2k) and only two mistakes I'm at pretty much the same damage distribution, so I guess I'm doing it right. Still wondering what Blood's rotation would yield if done correctly (can't be arsed to do a fixed rotation or check how close my playstyle is to that)
    Last edited by dunkelst; 03-22-2015 at 03:56 AM.

Any chance you can post your Reaver breakdown and a screenshot of your stats?

yes, comparison to reaver would be most welcome.

btw, why in dunkelkind's parse Arterial Strike is listed twice?

Arterial Strike has two components, the direct damage on ability usage and the dot component. You can uncheck "Merge abilities by name" in RiftMeter config to see both seperately.

Weapon is Fist of Threngar, no greater essences, reaver spec. Nothing changed since my warlord parse.

Parsed with Fluid Movements. On another 70s parse PM did 5.3% (2258 dps) with 60% crit. No bard or oracle around at this time to do a proper parse.
    Also the crit rates were kinda screwed in this as well: DB 40%, VS 19%, Inf+ExInf 7%.

Second parse, same as before. Crit rate this time: VS 31%, DB 25%, Inf 30%, ExInf 23%. I ended both parses in the GCD before a VS, I also wasted one GCD on ExInf for that reason.

My second reaver parse is just a few hundred dps over warlord without PM, but with warlord should be slightly ahead. Dunno how he does in a raid setting though. I will try him next id on Jin, Yrl and in RoF.
    Last edited by dunkelst; 03-23-2015 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks for the time and effort

Rift Disciple

I did the following parse using a fixed rotation which is slightly different from the one Bloodburne posted

The rotation I used was the following:

(OPENER)
    (BS)DS > KotH
    (TS)PT > (Art)BB

(BE)DS > DS > KF
    (Art)DS > DS > DS > KF
    (Art)DS > DS > DS > BB

(Art)KotH > PT > KF
    (Art)DS(BS)
    RW > PT > RW(TS)
    (Art)PT > BB

DS > KotH > BB
    (Art)RW > PT > BB
    PT > RW > (Art)RW > BB

DS > KotH > BB
    (Art)RW > PT > KF
    PT > DS > (Art)BB

I had to cut down one global cooldown to get the entire block to fit within one minute which is why there is only 39 GCD's in that rotation. I had a couple of minor mistakes (most noticeably using 2 piercing thrusts between a finisher once), but nothing that should really change up the damage distribution. Also since it was requested before, reaver for scale:

Parses without Power Manipulation is a bit unfair to Warlord because of how Warlord's scaling affect Power Manipulation.
    Also, wow that crit RNG on infestation Ordien.

I'm thinking of making a spreadsheet for the DPS using an optimal rotation for Warlord to see where it stands.

All looks pretty good, but what about DPS during disconnects? How does this parse against a proper 61 Paragon rotation? I'd love an excuse to start using WL again as it used to be my primary back in SL days.

If any of you use ACT, I'd like to see the DPS chart for the parse, specifically during the burst phase. Paragon and Reaver have some crazy high burst moments which is critical in PvP, and Paragon is able to lay down a fairly steady stream of high DPS during the non-burst phase of rotation.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast