Thread: PVP 61 Reaver Guide

Default 3.1 PvP Reaver Guide

3.1 PVP REAVER

EDIT: Updated builds, rotations, and macros. 2/5/2015
    EDIT: Updated some descriptions, added another build. 2/6/2015
    EDIT: Minor updates, added another build. 2/8/2015
    EDIT: Added "2 Button" Macros. 2/19/2015

Intro:
    My intention with this guide is to serve as a starting point for PvPers new to Reaver. There is no single Reaver spec that will solve all your PvP problems. Everyone plays differently, so try to find something that matches your playstyle. All the builds below do similar average DPS, the main differences are the mitigation, healing, and utilities of each build. Got 1 healer for a 12 man WF? Go with the max mitigation or max healing build. Got a pocket healer? Run max DPS. Be willing to switch builds based on the needs of the WF, don't limit yourself to a single build.

Build Options:
    - The rotations are completely Reaver dependent, so feel free to experiment with other support souls as it won't affect the rotation at all.
    - You can select any of the available level 61, 62, and 65 Mastery abilities for any one of the builds, they are personal preferences. The level 63 and 64 Masteries of Gladiator Combat Training and Precision Strikes are MANDATORY for the rotations.
    - All listed benefits below are in addition to the 61 Reaver stats.

1) 61RV / 9TP / 6VK
    - Good balance between mitigation and DPS. Only loses about 3-4k DPS on a practice dummy vs the top parsing PvE build. Highest passive mitigation of the listed builds.

Benefits of 9TP / 6VK
    - Elude: remove CC and leap backwards, 1min CD. Basically an extra Break Free.
    - Void Propulsion: knockback ability, 15sec CD.
    - 6% dmg mitigation
    - 22% dmg increase.
    - 20% AP and Weapon dmg.
    - 9% Armor, 21% Resistance, 9% Endurance
    - Guard (~2.5% additional dmg mitigation, with DPS gear, for you and people near you)

2) 61RV / 11TP / 4VK
    - Similar to build #1, but sacrifices some passive mitigation for the Jolt heal and a little extra dmg.

Benefits of 11TP / 4VK
    - Void Propulsion: knockback ability, 15sec CD.
    - Jolt: Self-heal over 6sec, 6sec CD, potential 100% up time if included in your macros. Energy hungry ability, so be mindful.
    - 6% dmg mitigation
    - 25% dmg increase.
    - 18% AP and Weapon dmg.
    - 4% Armor, 8% Resistance, 6% Endurance

3) 61RV / 15TP / 0VK
    - Top DPS out of these listed builds, with a little mitigation, and the Jolt self-heal.

Benefits of 15TP / 0VK
    - Thunderous Kick: knockback ability, 15sec CD.
    - Jolt: Self-heal over 6sec, 6sec CD, potential 100% up time if included in your macros. Energy hungry ability, so be mindful.
    - 35% dmg increase
    - 6% dmg mitigation
    - 2% strength increase
    - 10% AP and Weapon dmg

4) 61RV / 9TP / 6BM
    - Puts out the same DPS as build #1, Call of Stone is a great Raid buff for dmg mitigation, and the 10% run speed boost can be very useful in WF.

Benefits of 9TP / 6BM
    - 8% dmg mitigation (3% flat + 5% for 20s after a finisher for all Raid/Party members)
    - 27% dmg increase.
    - 10% AP and Weapon dmg.
    - 10% Unmounted Movement

5) 61RV / 11TP / 4WL
    - Max amount of self-HPS a Reaver can do. Jolt, Enduring Survival, Physiology Proficiency, and Recovery Posture. DPS about the same as the others.

Benefits of 11TP / 4WL
    - Sergeant's Order: ST pull. Usefull for pulling people from ledges and away from objectives.
    - Recovery Posture: Self-heal for 8% of AP per builder cast. Significantly nerfed in PvP.
    - 27% dmg increase
    - 3% dmg mitigation
    - 8% strength increase
    - 10% AP and Weapon dmg

Ability Abbreviations
    Shadow of Dread (SoD)
    Infestation (IF)
    Dire Blow (DB)
    Viral Stream (VS)
    Ravaging Strike (RS)
    Explosive Infestation (EIF)
    Dire Corruption (DC)
    Soul Sickness (SS)
    Necrotic Wounds (NW)
    Flesh Rot (FR)
    Rancid Cleave (RC)
    Desecrating Blow (DeB)
    Plague Bringer (PB)

Active Buffs
    Enhanced Conductivity
    Empowered
    Void / Empty / Recovery Posture
    Binding Affliction
    Plague Bringer
    Pestilence
    Accord of Resilience / Call of Stone / Empty

Primary Rotation - Option 1: Arranged so that EIF, IF, and VS hit at near the same time. Hits with a large burst, but has a relatively slow buildup time.
    1) SoD > EIF > RS > DB
    2) RS > IF > DB
    3) VS > DB
    4) RS x3 > DB ... Back to 1

Primary Rotation - Option 2: Front Loaded to get burst going early. The burst is a little less potent than Option 1, but still deadly. This is the rotation I personally use. Targets that are receiving direct heals will require some extra cycles of the rotation if you are the only one targeting them, but the average player not receiving heals will go down before you finish a single cycle.
    1) SoD > IF > DB
    2) VS > DB
    3) EIF > RS x2 > DB
    4) RS x3 > DB ... Back to 1

- PvE Reavers may be questioning why neither of the primary rotations try to get Fester going before SoD, and the simple answer is that using an opener to cast manual DoTs is just too time consuming in PvP and the DPS gains really aren't all that significant in PvP. By the time you get to your burst you will likely be near dead.

Secondary Rotation
    1) [SoD > RS x2 > DB] or [FR > NW > SS > DB] (if SoD is on CD)
    2) RS x 3 > DB ... repeat until you need to refresh DoTs.
    - Use this if you are forced to switch to a new target in the middle of your primary rotation, or if you don't want to waste CDs on an unworthy target.

Multi-Target Rotation
    You are already doing AOE DoTs with PB enabled, but if you feel the need to do more...
    **Ensure PB is toggled on**
    1) SoD > EIF > RC > DeB
    2) RC x3 > DeB
    3) RC > IF > DeB (IF in order to keep up Fester)
    4) RC x3 > DeB

Macros

Primary Rotation - Option 1:

B1
    #show Shadow of Dread
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow of Dread
    cast Explosive Infestation
    cast Ravaging Strike

B2
    #show Viral Stream
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Viral Stream
    cast Ravaging Strike

Primary Rotation - Option 1 looks like this with macros:
    B1 x3 > DB > RS > IF > DB > B2 >>> DB > B2 x3 > DB .... back to B1

Primary Rotation - Option 2

B1
    #show Shadow of Dread
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow of Dread
    cast Infestation

B2
    #show Explosive Infestation
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ravaging Strike

Primary - Option 2 rotation looks like this with macros:
    B1 x2 > DB > VS >>> DB > B2 x3 > DB > B2 x3 > DB .... back to B1

2 Button Special for Option 2
    - This is super easy mode. You might lose a little bit of DPS, but you probably don't care that much when you're running around a WF like a maniac.
    - When you switch targets you will need to wait on your CDs before restarting the rotation if you want max DPS, if you don't care you can just keep spamming. You can use the Secondary Rotation while you wait on CDs.

B1
    #show Shadow of Dread
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow of Dread
    cast Infestation
    cast Viral Stream
    cast Ravaging Strike

B2
    Dire Blow

Primary - Option 2 (2 Button Special) rotation looks like this with macros:
    B1 x2 > B2 > B1 >>> B2 > B1 x3 > B2 ... So basically, B1 till you get 3AP then B2 and repeat.

Snare
    #show Stumbling Morass
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @gtae Stumbling Morass

Heal
    #show Power Variation
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Power Variation

Utilities to Have on Tap
    Shadow Warp: Removes CC, teleports 15m ahead.
    Cloak of Death: Stealth, Removes movement impairing effects. Stealth can't be broken for 6sec. Great combo with Shadow Warp for an emergency escape.
    Elude: Removes CC, jumps 20m back.
    Break Free: Removes CC.
    Void Propulsion / Thunderous Kick: knockback.
    Stumbuling Morass: AOE Snare. Great to combo with Elude.
    Crest of Entropy: Small absorb shield.

Notes
    This is a RANGED build, try to keep your distance. DoTs are very important to this build, if you do not get all your DoTs on the target the rest of your abilities will severely suffer, so prioritize getting the DoTs on someone before anything else. Plague Bringer is your friend, try to pick targets that are bunched together in order to maximize the number of people affected. Soul Sickness debuffs enemy healers, so keep that up on them at the very least. Shadow Warp cleanses all DoTs from you, so keep that ability ready for when you run into other Reavers.

Closing Thoughts
    As always, I hope to hear some constructive feedback from other PVP Reavers. I am constantly trying out new builds to see how different abilities mix together, so expect to see continuous updates and changes to this guide as I go along.
    Last edited by BigTerj; 02-20-2015 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Updated builds, rotations, and macros.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

Why not WL for recovery posture? All those dots are builders. Now imagine putting them on every red in sight. Mmmmmm hps.
    Serale@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post
    Why not WL for recovery posture? All those dots are builders. Now imagine putting them on every red in sight. Mmmmmm hps.
    I was under the impression that Recovery Posture healed a flat 8% of AP whenever you cast a builder vice how many people are inflicted with the builder. Anybody know for sure? if it stacks with each person inflicted then it would be a very powerful self-heal.

Ascendant

It's per builder, not per target.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Okay so I did a little bit of the math for the heals from Recovery Posture. I've got about 8000 Attack Power, so 8% of that is 640. My health is around 65k, so basically each attack point generating ability would yield me 1% health. I'll try out some WL variants to see what kind of DPS tradeoffs there are.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTerj View Post
    Okay so I did a little bit of the math for the heals from Recovery Posture. I've got about 8000 Attack Power, so 8% of that is 640. My health is around 65k, so basically each attack point generating ability would yield me 1% health. I'll try out some WL variants to see what kind of DPS tradeoffs there are.
    Okay, so I looked at a few builds and the 61RV/4WL/11TP gives about the about the same DPS as the original build, but has some self-heals. I was able to get about 1000 hps on the practice dummy. I haven't tested this out in a WF yet, so I don't know if the self-heals are better than the flat 3% damage mitigation from Void. Also, losing the kick is tough since this is a ranged build and kicking the melee toons away is a helpful utility.

Something to note is that all the abilities in the rotation are all Reaver, so the other 2 souls are really only for stats and utility.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BigTerj View Post
    Okay, so I looked at a few builds and the 61RV/4WL/11TP gives about the about the same DPS as the original build, but has some self-heals. I was able to get about 1000 hps on the practice dummy. I haven't tested this out in a WF yet, so I don't know if the self-heals are better than the flat 3% damage mitigation from Void. Also, losing the kick is tough since this is a ranged build and kicking the melee toons away is a helpful utility.

Something to note is that all the abilities in the rotation are all Reaver, so the other 2 souls are really only for stats and utility.
    Aren't the heals from recovery posture be nerfed in PvP to a point where they are almost worthless?

I doubt they'll outweigh the 3% mitigation from void.

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    Aren't the heals from recovery posture be nerfed in PvP to a point where they are almost worthless?

I doubt they'll outweigh the 3% mitigation from void.

That was my original thinking and why I chose void in the first place.

85% Healing Reduction in PVP.

Deleted previous comment as I am finally able to update the guide.
    Last edited by BigTerj; 02-03-2015 at 05:05 PM. Reason: previously listed rotation added to guide

Default Update

Updated the builds, rotations, and macros.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    85% Healing Reduction in PVP.
    where the feck are you, man, us warrior types need your seekret fester hybrids!

Default Update

Added some new builds to consider.

Default lol

Ppl thinks reaver is op.

Only 2 things to do to counter this spec :

1: kick the burst every time he use it (do a kalert if you need for dps with kicks )
    2: clean the heal debuff reduction (same, do a kalert for healers)

Single pvp dps of paragon (bests ones) around 8k+ --> reaver it's a joke something like less then 3k? lol
    Aoe dps of champion near 2 times higher than reaver.
    It's a 3 boutons spec.
    Only 1 thing is good, it's playable as distance... (paragon too ;))

I don't let warriors from my premades play it in wfs.

Mb in NA healers don't clean and dpsers don't kick. And ok reaver is "op".
    That all but anyway you are free to play everything you want .

I invit ppl from eu to wisp me IG for a ranked, with 1 reaver as dps to see what's going on. Or just for ranked (reaver or not idc). Without 1 team in eu, anyone want fight in ranked it's boring.

Last thing, for all, just think by our own, do your own specs, and don't follow guids.
    kiss of love from eu.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballzyboy View Post
    2: clean the heal debuff reduction (same, do a kalert for healers)
    The dots are cleansable, the heal debuffs are not.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 02-08-2015 at 11:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast