+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 3.0 Tempest by Acuta

RIFT Guide Writer

Default 3.4 Tempest by Acuta

Updated the guide for 3.4. Focused Fire is now an 1 hour buff. Also added an advanced rotation that will perform better than the classic rotation. For new players the classic rotation is still recommended, the difference between the rotations is pretty small.

Spec: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#3/VkGaGBkGll4/68ww

Masteries:
    Spoiler!

Synergy Crystal:
    Spoiler!

Gear / Stat Weights:
    Spoiler!

General playstyle:
    Spoiler!

Where to use tempest:
    Spoiler!

Buffs:
    Spoiler!

Ability name abbreviations:
    Spoiler!

Openers:
    Keep in mind that the most important thing with your opener is that you start wavelength when all raid cooldowns are active. Most good guilds will have all raid cds active at 4-6 seconds in. If your guild uses the cooldowns later, you should do a different opener than the ones in this guide (or tell your guild to get their stuff together). All these openers assume that you start with 3 AP, which you can get by channeling storm torrent into any place without enemies. You might think this section is longer than necessary but the result is worth it: http://i.imgur.com/E7nN3M1.png (sorry for poor quality, screen captured from stream)

Ez mode opener:
    Spoiler!

Normal opener:
    Spoiler!

Tryhard opener:
    Spoiler!

Rotation:
    Now we get to the standard rotation that you will repeat over and over after using Wavelength for the first time.

First the rotation by ability names. The brackets indicate the time that Wavelength is active.
    [spoiler]
    [WL]
    (CP+DP)x3 > Arc
    (CP+DP)x6
    [end of WL]

CP>DP+EC
    LT>SF
    DeP>DuP>Arc

DC>SS>CP>DP+SF
    LT>EC
    EB>DuP>Arc

ST>CP>DP+SF
    LT>EC
    DeP>DuP>Arc

Start over with Wavelength

Use power manipulation whenever it’s available.

I'll now list the macros I personally use for this rotation. I generally prefer having multiple keys over macroing things together so this is a pretty macro light setup. Further on in the guide I have listed macros for a setup with more macros and that the rotation looks like using those macros.

Spoiler!

Now I will list macros for a macro heavy setup. The downside of using these macros is that you lose some freedom in when you want to use what ability and you will have less options to manage your energy. However, it requires fewer keys to do the exact same rotation and is therefor a bit easier to play.

Spoiler!

What the rotation looks like when using these macros:
    Spoiler!

If you are looking for something inbetween the macro light and heavy setup I would recommend that you start with removing PM from the Arc macro and use it manually.

AoEing
    Spoiler!

Extended Edition
    Read the whole guide and don't know how to get started? Please check out this section
    Spoiler!

Advanced Rotation:
    Spoiler!

Closing:
    I'm planning to keep this updated so that it will remain a useful source to refer people to. If you have any suggestions for improvements or questions then don't hesitate to post.
    Last edited by ttlyevil; 10-07-2015 at 01:27 AM.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Good guide (though I am still not sold on the Tempest > Paragon deal) .

How in the world do you execute a 20s pre-cast lol, do you guys do a "pulling in 20s" or do you just keep using it on CD as your raid gets in position and hope one of those lines up?
    I am asking because if you have that much luxury, you can easily make your try-hard opener (that's pretty awesome haha, haven't thought of that) even more extreme:

Switch to Para > get 3 AP > Switch back wait for 20s pull
    Precast Power Manipulation, then Arc at <15s pull (As long as you do it before 11.5s pre-pull, it'll come back off of CD for WV)
    ST [1 or 2 ticks] for oscillation
    Delayed @ 3s, Charged @ 1.5s, and DoubleP on pull

===
    Have you not managed to squeeze in that extra SS before WV (2nd time through and after)? I usually manage to without pushing WV, but sometimes the lag kicks in high gear and ya have to drop it
    Last edited by Solaxys; 01-05-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Magelo does masteries now too btw (below the trees).

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    Good guide (though I am still not sold on the Tempest > Paragon deal) .

How in the world do you execute a 20s pre-cast lol, do you guys do a "pulling in 20s" or do you just keep using it on CD as your raid gets in position and hope one of those lines up?
    I am asking because if you have that much luxury, you can easily make your try-hard opener (that's pretty awesome haha, haven't thought of that) even more extreme:

Switch to Para > get 3 AP > Switch back wait for 20s pull
    Precast Power Manipulation, then Arc at <15s pull (As long as you do it before 11.5s pre-pull, it'll come back off of CD for WV)
    ST [1 or 2 ticks] for oscillation
    Delayed @ 3s, Charged @ 1.5s, and DoubleP on pull

===
    Have you not managed to squeeze in that extra SS before WV (2nd time through and after)? I usually manage to without pushing WV, but sometimes the lag kicks in high gear and ya have to drop it
    Nah we dont do pulling in 20. Just figured I should put a number on it and I think thats best time if would actually have a warning. I just try to time it somewhat right by how long it will normally take until we pull from the moment we ready check. I sometimes end up trying to time PM right for like 5 minutes before we pull which is a little disappointing. I tried prepulling with arc but the timing needs to be exactly right and I havent really gotten it to work.

Extra SS doesnt really work for me, I only do it to delay my WL on purpose every now and then if I know the raid cds are 1 second off or something
    Last edited by ttlyevil; 01-05-2015 at 02:21 PM.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Soulwalker

Question Why do you need that electricity blast and storm torrent?

I am a returning warrior from 2.8, and back in the days the sequence of skills were pretty similar to what you have posted here (you know when we used riftblade for that flamespear before charged pulse instead).

I understand that Soul Sickness replaces the Flamespear now, but I was just wondering why do you need that Electricity blast added inside?

SS>EB>CP>DP+SF
    LT>EC
    DC>DuP>Arc
    Next question is why do you need the filler Storm torrent for 2 ticks instead of using Soul sickness again as a filler for the next block?

ST>CP>DP+SF
    LT>EC
    DeP>DuP>Arc

Many thanks in advance!

As far as EB goes, finishers (SF in this case) cost 3AP, so you need to build 2AP prior to casting Charged Pulse in order for SF to go off with 3AP. You also want the filler before CP(DP)(SF) to not eat Arc procs and do the most damage possible, so EB is really your only choice for filler here.

Using Precision Strikes as a mastery means dots last 21s instead of 15s. So, instead of clipping SS @15s, you let it run its full duration. ST is also a significant single target gain because of the amount of damage it can do in its small channeled frame while also allowing energy to replenish a bit more for more reliable WL blocks outside of VoJ. You typically fully channel ST unless you fall behind in the rotation somehow (pick a type of lag).
    Last edited by Sedvick; 01-06-2015 at 02:53 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    As far as EB goes, finishers (SF in this case) cost 3AP, so you need to build 2AP prior to casting Charged Pulse in order for SF to go off with 3AP. You also want the filler before CP(DP)(SF) to not eat Arc procs and do the most damage possible, so EB is really your only choice for filler here.

Using Precision Strikes as a mastery means dots last 21s instead of 15s. So, instead of clipping SS @15s, you let it run its full duration. ST is also a significant single target gain because of the amount of damage it can do in its small channeled frame while also allowing energy to replenish a bit more for more reliable WL blocks outside of VoJ.
    The way I think about it you would essentially add 15 seconds to both dots by refreshing them rather than using ST, since they wouldn't have been refreshed before WL anyway. Is the DoT damage from 15 seconds of those worth less than the ST damage, or are you just pushing WL timing if you refresh them? Or do you not have the energy for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ordien View Post
    The way I think about it you would essentially add 15 seconds to both dots by refreshing them rather than using ST, since they wouldn't have been refreshed before WL anyway. Is the DoT damage from 15 seconds of those worth less than the ST damage, or are you just pushing WL timing if you refresh them? Or do you not have the energy for it?
    Energy is the biggest concern. Losing even 1 CP(DP) during WL is not worth refreshing those dots unless you have extremely good Energy Reserves mastery procs.

Rift Disciple

Is there a rotation without WL? I.e. Boss has unpurged shield lasting 10 seconds ... I don't want to blo WL into that shield.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Anraton View Post
    Is there a rotation without WL? I.e. Boss has unpurged shield lasting 10 seconds ... I don't want to blo WL into that shield.
    You can keep repeating this:

ST>CP>DP+SF
    LT>EC
    DeP(or DC)>DuP>Arc

Until you are ready to go into Wavelength
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/E7nN3M1.png (sorry for poor quality, screen captured from stream)
    ur parse is 0:14 mins ;)

AndyTheDandy 65 primalist, Andyboii 65 Warrior, Handy 65 Rogue
    T1 cleared, 10/11 HK,4/4 iGP&HM,2/9 MoM www.harshmallows.me, http://www.twitch.tv/andyboiihm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KudzauqnzB8

Rift Disciple

Sorry for asking but ... i would have openend with SF>LT>Arc

Reason:
    Skyfall + Discharged Defences -> 10% Armor & Resistance bypassed for 15 sec
    Lightning Torrent + Oscialation -> Builders and Double Pulse deal 12% additional damage for 15 sec.

What did i miss?

Reason:
    Lightning Torrent + Oscialation -> Builders and Double Pulse deal 12% additional damage for 15 sec.

What did i miss?
    I don't remember when EC lost it's 15% damage boost or whatever, but that's the main reason it is still used in opener I think (and it's damage per gcd). Someone might want to check the damage of 10% armor and resist bypassed, but it always feels so negligible to me. With precision strikes EC damage is even higher too.

Lighting Torrent(3s channel): you are better off using the CPDP in the normal/tryhard opener to gain the single stack. CPDP + DuP is 2 GCDs or 3s and does more damage than lightning torrent.

Reason:

What did i miss?
    Discharged Defenses for 15s on the Opener isn't enough to bridge the gap between EC and SF.
    Oscillation has already been received from Pre-Buffing with Storm Torrent (Away from the Target).

Code:
    SETUP: 3 Attack Points

TIMER
    [ 15.0s ] Power Manipulation + Arc
    [ 10.0s ] Storm Torrent (Away from the Target)
    [  5.0s ] Delayed Pulse
    [  1.5s ] Focused Fire + Charged Pulse

OPEN: 3 Attack Points

GCD
    [   1   ] Double Pulse > Electricity Cascade
    [   2   ] Lightning Torrent
    [   3   ] Lightning Torrent
    [   4   ] Arc

Spoiler!
    • Your very first In-Combat GCD has 3 stacks of Precision Strikes.
    • Oscillation is up for all damaging abilities that benefit from it.
    • Focused Fire is up before the pull for the raid and yourself.
    • Extremely bursty. Wish the tanks good luck.
    P.S. DC #1

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    You also want the filler before CP(DP)(SF) to not eat Arc procs and do the most damage possible, so EB is really your only choice for filler here.
    DC also doesn't eat arc stacks and does more damage, so wouldn't swapping DC and EB around in the OP rotation improve it very slightly?
    Quack?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast