Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Warrior Solo Leveling (lvl 60-65) 3.0: 48 WL/ 28 CHAMP/ 0 TEMP

Default 3.1 Warrior Solo Leveling (lvl 60-65) Guide

3.1 Warrior Leveling (60-65) Guide

Edit: Updated build, macros, and rotations. 2/6/2015
    Edit: Added links to alternative leveling guides. 2/12/2015

Warriors,

I used this build to level from 60-65 rather seamlessly. It is extremely simple to use, so I recommend it to players that are new or that don't want to learn the more complex rotations of other builds. The AOE abilities are very useful when leveling.

The Build:
    44WL/32CH/0PA - NEW!
    - There is a little wiggle room in this spec, so feel free to play around with it. Juggernauts bearing is critical to your survivability, so make sure you spend enough points in the CH soul to get that. I went 44 WL because General's Order is a nice utility when you want to pull trash mobs and is particularly helpful for lower level rifts.

Alternative Builds to Consider for Leveling:
    - 61 Champion
    - 61 Warlord

Useful Macros:

Single Target Builder (STB):
    #show Empowering Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Weapon Defense
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast King of the Hill
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike

Multi-Target Builder (MTB):
    #show Mighty Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Weapon Defense
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Backhand (optional)
    cast Arterial Strike (optional)
    cast Mighty Blow

Multi-Target Finisher (MTF):
    #show Killing Field
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Killing Field
    cast Bladefury

Charge:
    #show Bull Rush
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Bull Rush
    cast Into the Breach
    cast @gtae Thunderous Leap (Planar Attunement Ability)

Rotations:

ST Rotation:
    (1) Bull Rush > Mark of Inevitability > STB > Battle Surge
    (2) Piercing Thrust > STB > STB > Breaking Blow
    - Repeat (2) until Battle Surge must be refreshed, also keep Mark of Inevitability active on the target.
    - Piercing Thrust after finishers is a MUST. You cannot macro it with the builders, but you could macro it with the finishers if you wish, if you do just be careful when button mashing the finisher macro so you don't set off a 1 point finisher.
    - For instances where you find yourself up against a powerful ST enemy, I highly suggest using the MT rotation in order to get a full stack of Juggernaut's Bearing going, then switch back to the ST rotation. Keep the Juggernaut's Bearing stack up through the whole fight. The damage mitigation it provides in invaluable for powerful ST fights.

MT Rotation:
    (1) Bull Rush > Mark of Inevitability > MTB > Battle Surge
    (2) Wave of Steel > MTB > MTB > MTF
    - Repeat (2) until Battle Surge must be refreshed, also keep Mark of Inevitability active on the targets.
    - Like Piercing Thrust, Wave of Steel is a MUST following a finisher. If you find that you are energy starved during AOE fights, I suggest that you remove Arterial Strike and Backhand from your MTB.
    - Use Cornered Beast as a breather to regain energy if you find yourself running low while in combat.

Active Buffs:
    - Deadly Posture, Recovery Posture, Way of the River, and Juggernaut's Bearing

Useful Utilities:
    - Sergeant's Order: ST pull, great for slimming the herd before jumping in with full AOE
    - General's Order: MT pull, great for AOE fights, especially Rifts.
    - Eye of the Storm: Snare, good in PvP, but useful in PvE if you need to get away.

Stat Priority:
    - Strength > Attack Power > Crit Power > Physical Crit
    - All other stats are secondary to these four.
    - UpgradeMe is a great addon utility for gear comparison. It has preset weight values for certain builds, but can be adjusted as necessary. This addon hasn't been updated since 3.0, but it is really just a calculator, so it still works okay for DPS gear. For best results use the Warrior BiS to get the correct weights for your gear, then input those weights into UpgradeMe.

2H vs Dual Wield:
    - This is simply a game of maxing your stats. If your 2H has better stats than the combination of your two 1-H weapons, then go with the 2H, the reciprocal is also true.
    Last edited by BigTerj; 02-26-2015 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Updated the guide.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

Ascendant

Higher champ is still better because of juggernaut's bearing. 10% mitigation is pretty big.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Higher champ is still better because of juggernaut's bearing. 10% mitigation is pretty big.
    That is a good point, but that is only true when you are fighting at least 5 enemies at once, which in my experience so far is not the norm when questing. Unless I'm doing a rift or zone event I usually find myself facing against 1-2 at a time, which in turn would only yield 2-4% mitigation.
    Last edited by BigTerj; 12-17-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Actually, I just re-read the Juggernauts Bearing and its 2% (w/ 3 pts in Intense Training) per enemy up to 5 enemies and stacks after each AOE attack up to 5 times. So I suppose it has the potential to stack from 2-50% mitigation, but requires the use of AOE attacks, which is very useful if your play style is to take on mobs more frequently than single targets.

This build is more of a ST combat focus with the ability to AOE decently rather than heavy AOE with a side of ST.

Rift Disciple

Default So after 3.1

This build still good? because i used to 41WL/35 champ before and now is crap, and this build sometimes doesnt work either

What masteries should i use?

Quote Originally Posted by netsky666 View Post
    This build still good? because i used to 41WL/35 champ before and now is crap, and this build sometimes doesnt work either

And so, it begins... a redundant post, redundantly full of redundancies.

This is still a usable build. I do miss hybrids though, but they've done a decent job of breaking them so that they don't have to try to balance around them as well as 61 point builds. They took away a lot of the player's ability to customize and tailor souls, e.g., soul hybridization, to their individual play styles. This was done in an effort to create an easier work environment for the devs.

If you create a 61 point ability for each soul, and those abilities leading to that 61 point ability, that are too important not to have for a specific soul, and only have to balance around these 61 point souls, then you reduce the time and effort required in your work day. If, as Rift was originally known and loved for, you have souls that can be woven together to create hybrids that are just as efficient and effective as a 61 point soul, then you create a lot more work for yourself by having to continually balance around these hybrid souls as well as the 61 point souls.

The problems really began when hybrids were nearly always better than filling a main soul because the abilities in the top tiers of the souls were simply too lackluster, while lower tier abilities in other souls were more effective than the top tier abilities. So, all they really did was create top tier abilities where they should have been in the first place. Although, there are still some hybrids (very few) that are situationally better than a 61 point soul.

If you're looking for a warrior AoE build for farming and/or grinding, then you should just go with 61 point Champion and be happy that it has some small self heals, even though Chains of Life isn't hardly worth wasting attack points on now. If you're 65, instead of casting Chains of Life repeatedly, or stopping to drink, and slowing the grind, create this macro for an emergency heal every minute; cast @self power variation, or cast @self stopcasting power variation. This heals you for 50% of your health every second for 3 seconds. So, cast it while body-pulling and one or two ticks and you're topped off and ready for more pulls. If you play with a friend, and neither of you want to play support or heals, make this macro; cast @focus power variation, and make your buddy your focus target. This will cast the heal onto your focus target, either your buddy for heals or a mob(s) for damage. You may also consider the new (and improved?) 61 point Reaver for AoE grinds. I've yet to test its AoE abilities for farming and grinding, so...

Quote Originally Posted by netsky666 View Post

idk what people are complaining about, i changed my point spread in 41wl/35champ around to be a bit more dps focused and it is still fast and safe as far as i can tell, has done great 60-64 even against larger pulls and muli-invasion pulls so far v0v unless there is some massively better build im missing i think its fine you jsut need to play with points
    VENGEANCE (b'.')b

Putting the Sensual back into Non-consensual

Why do I quickly run out of energy?

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Because warlord is an energy hog... Also all of those OGCD abilities in succession is an energy destroyer.
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    A lot of the drain comes from using the proc abilities such as backhand and king of the hill. Cornered Beast is a great way to regain energy in the middle of a fight.

Are you having energy problems in single target fights, multi-target fights, or both? Are you using the guides rotations and macros?

Default Update

Guide has been updated for 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by BigTerj View Post
    Charge:
    #show Bull Rush
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Bull Rush
    cast Into the Breach
    cast @gtea Thunderous Leap (Planar Attunement Ability)
    If you want that third ability to work, that last line should read...

cast @gtae Thunderous Leap
    Last edited by Meteorblade; 02-25-2015 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    If you're 65, instead of casting Chains of Life repeatedly, or stopping to drink, and slowing the grind, create this macro for an emergency heal every minute; cast @self power variation, or cast @self stopcasting power variation. This heals you for 50% of your health every second for 3 seconds.
    The reason for the hybridisation is that with Recovery Posture active from Warlord, every builder used heals you for 8% of your AP. That's actually very effective, more so than the small amounts from using chains of life as a finisher.

Also, as this is intended as a levelling guide to get you from 60 to 65, including advice regarding a mastery that only becomes available once you've hit 65 seems to be missing the target somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    If you want that third ability to work, that last line should read...

cast @gtae Thunderous Leap
    Thanks for catching that typo! I just fixed the macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    The reason for the hybridisation is that with Recovery Posture active from Warlord, every builder used heals you for 8% of your AP. That's actually very effective, more so than the small amounts from using chains of life as a finisher.

Also, as this is intended as a levelling guide to get you from 60 to 65, including advice regarding a mastery that only becomes available once you've hit 65 seems to be missing the target somewhat.
    Agreed. Also, the Enduring Survival Mastery you get a 61 is also very nice for this build.

Once at 65, nobody should be using this build anymore, the DPS is far too low to be effective in the end-game content. I highly suggest that people look to the various 61pt builds for end-game content. Personally I use a 61 Paragon build for all my solo PvE end-game content like dailies and zone events.
    Last edited by BigTerj; 02-26-2015 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTerj View Post
    3.1 Warrior Leveling (60-65) Guide

Edit: Updated build, macros, and rotations. 2/6/2015
    Edit: Added links to alternative leveling guides. 2/12/2015

Warriors,

I used this build to level from 60-65 rather seamlessly. It is extremely simple to use, so I recommend it to players that are new or that don't want to learn the more complex rotations of other builds. The AOE abilities are very useful when leveling.

The Build:
    44WL/32CH/0PA - NEW!
    - There is a little wiggle room in this spec, so feel free to play around with it. Juggernauts bearing is critical to your survivability, so make sure you spend enough points in the CH soul to get that. I went 44 WL because General's Order is a nice utility when you want to pull trash mobs and is particularly helpful for lower level rifts.

Alternative Builds to Consider for Leveling:
    - 61 Champion
    - 61 Warlord
    I'm really enjoying this build for nightmare tide leveling, there was one quest on a boat where I had to inspect a device guarded with 4 guys with 128k hp. No warrior spec I had would work, I had to sidekick my brother to get a lvl boost. Some mobs I notice are harder than others, even though they're the same level. I'm not talking about elites but some mobs I can't even take two or i'll die. I think it's a gear issue though, my gear from only soloing quests isn't upgrading fast enough

How is 61 warlord for soloing? I read through all of it's talents and abilities and I can see why it's geared towards pvp. I didn't see any guides or feedback on a 61 solo warlord build so I'm curious if you 've tried it and how it compares to a 44WL/32Champ for solo. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast