+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Onmar
  • 1 Post By Sedvick
  • 1 Post By Anraton

Thread: Warrior Itemization

Telaran

Default Warrior Itemization

With a new expansion, a lot of people are either new to the game or have changed their main character (and their class). It is sometimes hard to choose whether one item is better than the other, so here is a short introduction to Warrior Itemization focused on fresh 65's:

1. Main Stats
    Armor:
    Reduces the Damage you take.
    Strength (Str):
    0.75 Attack Power per Point
    0.50 Physical Crit per Point
    1.00 Block per Point
    Dexterity (Dex):
    0.25 Attack Power per Point
    0.50 Physical Crit per Point
    1.00 Block per Point
    Endurance (End):
    10 Health per Point

2. Secondary Stats
    Attack Power (AP):
    Increases the Damage your Abilities do.
    Physical Crit (PC):
    Increases the Chance of a Critical Hit. Cap: 17550 (60%)
    Crit Power (CP):
    Increases the Damage of a Critical Hit. Cap: 3133 (40%)

Block:
    Increases the Chance to Block. If a Hit is blocked, the damage is reduced by 30%.
    Dodge:
    Increases the Chance to Dodge. If a Hit is Dodges, it deals no damage.
    Guard:
    Reduced the Damage you and everyone within a certain radius take.

3. Other Stats
    Hit:
    Increases the Chance to hit the enemy. A Certain amount of Hit is required to actually hit enemies in Experts Dungeons (800) and Raids (1000).

Weapon Damage (DPS) (Only on the Weapon):
    Increases the Damage your abilities do. If you are dual-wielding, the Weapon Damage of your Main-Hand (Left Slot) is multiplied by 1.3.

4. What Type of Gear should I wear?
    DD:
    Use Gear which has Offensive Stats on it (AP/PC/CP).
    CP is very useful once you have it near cap.
    AP is generally better than PC, because the amount of Crit-Chance you get per point is really low.
    Leather Armor can be better if it is of a higher tier. Look at the Dex and Str gain/loss to find out if it is better. (Also, be kind and don't roll on it if Rogues still need it.)
    A higher tier weapon is a huge damage boost because of the Weapon Damage. As said before, only the main hand counts, so a rogue one-hander is almost always better than a warrior one-hander if it has higher DPS.

Tank:
    Use Gear which has the most Endurance and Armor as well as Defensive Stats.
    Use a Shield because you will need the extra Armor. You also need it to Block attacks. (Except if you have the warlord talent)
    Guard is the best defensive stat, followed by Block. Dodge is not really useful.
    If you have an item which has more End and Armor, it is better. Str and Dex does not matter.

Heal:
    Same as DD, but DPS and AP are the only Stats you care about.
    PC and CP are not useful because Crits are unreliable, and unreliable heals are not useful.

5. Weapon Example
    2-Hander with 130 DPS, 100 Str, 50 Dex and 75 AP
    OR
    1-Hander with 110 DPS, 60 Str, 30 Dex and 50 AP
    1-Hander with 90 DPS, 40 Str, 20 Dex and 25 AP

Actual DPS of the 1-Hander: 110 * 1.3 = 143
    143 is more than 130 -> The 1-handers are better.

6. Tippís
    You can get a 2-hander with AP from the Chronicle. This is the easiest and probably the best way to get a World-Tier Weapon and will increase your damage a lot.

There is a BiS (Best in Slot) List where you can see which items are best and where you can get them.
    You can find it in the Warrior Guide Section: Warrior BIS List

7. FAQ
    Is there a Spec which promotes dual-wield or 2-hander?
    No

Is there a Guard Cap?
    Yes, there is a soft cap once you reach 10% damage reduction. But Guard is still the best stat, even if you have more than that.

Does this also apply to Rogue?
    Yes, but the AP/PC/Block etc. per point of Main-Stat are different.

What about Mage/Cleric?
    Weapon damage (DPS) does nothing for these classes (Thatís why they have so much Spell Power)

What Tiers are there?
    • "Leveling" - +53 Hit per Piece (Unupgraded Crafted Gear is also in this Category despite it having +100 Hit on it)
    • World - +100 Hit per Piece
    • Expert - +125 Hit per Piece
    • Raid 1 - +150 Hit per Piece

What Gear do I need to go Into Expert?
    You can check the Stat-requirements by hovering over the Lock in the LFG Menu (I). You may have to go to the "specific Dungeon" Tab.
    Recommendations:
    Have World Gear in all Slots. Earrings help a lot, but are a bonus and not required.
    Rune at least Helmet, Shoulder, Breast, Legs, and all Weapons.
    For Tanks, Rune Every Piece.

Places to Obtain World-Gear:
    • Chronicle (4 Pieces for Tank and DD)
    • Rust-Bucket 2 Achievement (There is a Guide on RIFTGrate)
    • Crafting and upgrading once (Some pieces only require Dust of the Void to upgrade, others need Amenders of their type)
    • PvP Chests (You get these by winning a warfront)
    • World Chests (You get these by participating in Zone Events etc. but their drop chance is really low)
    • Bought from the Store with Void Stones (or Credits if you wish)

Benchmark for starting with Experts:
    • DD: 20k DPS (If you have the Gear from above, this should not be a Problem using an appropriate spec.)
    • Tank: 105k HP (You will need a good healer, preferably Rogue or Cleric depending on Gear)
    • Heal: Healing with Entry-Level Gear is extremely hard and requires good communication and a support.

I hope this helps as an introduction to warrior stats and itemization. If you want to know better, refer to the BiS List and inform yourselves about stat Weights.
    Ascended - Casual Raid Guild - Brutwacht EU
    Sonra - Warrior

I don't know why nobody has done this before, this will certainly help a lot of new players.

Just quickly glancing over it, I only saw 2 things I don't agree with.
    One is "CP is very useful once you have it near cap." I seems you are implying it is only good once you are near the CP cap.
    The other one is "DD: 20k DPS (If you have the Gear from above, this should not be a Problem using an appropriate spec.)" I would say 20k dps is very low with the gear you mentioned. I know this is for new players and I do not expect them to do a perfect rotation, but even then this is a very low mark imo.
    Scurch

20k dps is so SL.

Rift Disciple

About damage calculation:
    Each skill has a base damage (depending on level - not on points spent)
    And there is a scaling value depending on ap and weapon damage.
    All can be found on ftp://ftp.trionworlds.com/rift/data/

Further:
    There are several damage modification groups:

Passiv, Buff, Debuff, Mastery, Raid, Environment

The groups are multiplicative, values within the same group are additiv.

therefor, if you can choose to imrove one group or start another group .. take the new group.

Example:
    buff existing: 20 %
    debuff existing: 0%
    Result: 1.2 * 1 = 1.2

Improving Buff by 10% results in 1.3

Improving debuff by 10%:
    1.2 * 1.1 = 1.32

Damage reduction works the same way.

If you want to calculate real damage keep in mind that passiv damage modification is allready calculated into tooltip.
    Last edited by Anraton; 12-04-2014 at 04:27 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anraton View Post
    All can be found on ftp://ftp.trionworlds.com/rift/data/
    Interesting find, thanks. Have been messing around with the calculations for the past few days and looking through it the weapon coefficient on the xml is coinciding nicely with my tested values, but the AP one looks way too big.

Rift Disciple

Any example of a to big ap scaling?

Ascendant

Dex provides dodge, not block.

20k is pretty low ball, but its still an improvement over some people I've seen in NTEs and NM rifts.

Rift Master

Was mainly looking at Paragon skills and RH, the rest i just glanced over more or less. On the xml sheet it has AP coef of 1,7. From my tests i estimated it around 0.51. With numbers from my tests i have no problem calculating out the tooltip value for my gear and full spec within the error margin. But with the one from spreadsheet and adjusting the base value for it, not even remotely.

Could be missing something here though, but the values on the xml seem to be bigger by 3.33%, which seems kinda interesting by itself (checked for setting moon and reaping harvest).

Rift Disciple

Don't really know which value is increased on finishers ... expect it to be the 3 point version and will be scaled down for 1 and 2 points

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern
    Dex provides dodge, not block.
    Yep, you are right. (God damn copy paste, I should not do that)

About the 20k, yes I know that it is kinda low. I was a tank when we started doing experts so I took the DPS of the lowest person we had. It is more of a "don't even think about it" line.
    Ascended - Casual Raid Guild - Brutwacht EU
    Sonra - Warrior

+ Reply to Thread