+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 3.0 - 61 Riftblade

RIFT Guide Writer

Default 3.0 - 61 Riftblade

Just a quick guide for the easy mode riftblade rotation. There is a priority rotation available too by switching the 64 mastery to precision strikes, but I don't want to bother doing the math/parses too check if that's actually better or not.

For now I will just go over the single target rotation. If you have any other questions about Riftblade then post in the thread and I (or others) will help you out, and I can see if I should add more to the guide.

Spec+masteries+parse: http://i.imgur.com/ukx4Hsg.jpg
    Switch Fluid Movements for Power Manipulation in a raid environment

Buffs:
    Blade of the Ascended
    Binding of Affliction
    Enhanced Conductivity

Macro's:

builder 1
    #show rift strike
    cast rift strike
    cast flamespear
    cast Power Manipulation

builder 2
    #show Searing Strike
    cast Rift Implosion
    cast Soul Sickness
    cast Dire Corruption
    cast Searing Strike
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Power Manipulation

Opener:
    Start with 3 AP and use Icy Burst

Rotation:
    Frost Strike > 2x b1 > Fiery Burst
    3x b2 (> Burst Synergy if ready) > Icy Burst
    3x b2 > Icy Burst
    1x b2 > Icy Burst

FAQ:
    Q: Can I use Avatar of Water instead of Avatar of Wind?
    A: Yes. You can switch the second avatar to whatever you like/need. I just generally prefer Avatar of Wind.

Q: Is there any reason you use 15 reaver/0 tempest over 10 reaver/5tempest
    A: No there is not. It's simply how I had my spec set and I don't believe that getting skyfall and offensive blast warrants respeccing.
    Last edited by ttlyevil; 11-26-2014 at 06:35 AM.

would 1pt icy be better than 1 pt fiery?
    Last edited by Orangu; 11-26-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Rift Disciple

Idk if I'm crazy but Avatar of Flame seems better than both Avatar of Wind and Avatar of Water

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ordien View Post
    Idk if I'm crazy but Avatar of Flame seems better than both Avatar of Wind and Avatar of Water
    You're crazy. Flame does nothing in group content.
    Quack?

Soulwalker

Couple of small changes for higher dps:

Power Manipulation:
    -Power Manipulation should be at the top of all of your macro's. Your builder 2 macro will never cast it since it's below searing strike and shock pulse. Your macro will stop at those 2 abilities every time. Simple change to move it to the top.
    -Power manipulation should always be your pick for lvl 65 masteries. The riftblade has innate charge regeneration built into the spec and should never be power starved. If you are running out of power something is going very wrong with rotation. Surging Energy should suffice for power management unless you run a 1 sec GCD, which this build isn't doing.

-Ordien, Avatar of flame is when the Riftblade is struck, not when we strike something. It's used in PvP and soloing, although may be useful if a fight has unavoidable AE. I haven't done much testing with it since I too run wind as my 2nd avatar for the increase movement. It's 9/10 your go to choice to stay in melee range or reestablish range on mobile/kiting bosses.

Finishers
    -I cringe at the 1pt finisher cause it's a huge loss in damage. I understand the rotation fits the timescale for 15 sec dots, but clipping 1 tick of flamespear to get a 3pt icy burst will increase damage. I would avoid 1pt finishers in general. Although, with movement, lag, and everything else that goes on in fights, you will rarely run into this problem. The big idea behind this rotation is keep your rift strike and frost strike up at all times.

Great guide. Keep it up!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kieraic View Post
    Couple of small changes for higher dps:

Power Manipulation:
    -Power Manipulation should be at the top of all of your macro's. Your builder 2 macro will never cast it since it's below searing strike and shock pulse. Your macro will stop at those 2 abilities every time. Simple change to move it to the top.
    -Power manipulation should always be your pick for lvl 65 masteries. The riftblade has innate charge regeneration built into the spec and should never be power starved. If you are running out of power something is going very wrong with rotation. Surging Energy should suffice for power management unless you run a 1 sec GCD, which this build isn't doing.

-Ordien, Avatar of flame is when the Riftblade is struck, not when we strike something. It's used in PvP and soloing, although may be useful if a fight has unavoidable AE. I haven't done much testing with it since I too run wind as my 2nd avatar for the increase movement. It's 9/10 your go to choice to stay in melee range or reestablish range on mobile/kiting bosses.

Finishers
    -I cringe at the 1pt finisher cause it's a huge loss in damage. I understand the rotation fits the timescale for 15 sec dots, but clipping 1 tick of flamespear to get a 3pt icy burst will increase damage. I would avoid 1pt finishers in general. Although, with movement, lag, and everything else that goes on in fights, you will rarely run into this problem. The big idea behind this rotation is keep your rift strike and frost strike up at all times.

Great guide. Keep it up!

Power Manipulation has No Global Cooldown

Spoiler!

Take Precision Strikes (Level 64 Mastery).

Good luck!

RIFT Guide Writer

@Kieraic

First of all, you are not correct with regards to power manipulation in macro. It is an off global cooldown ability and will fire regardless of where it is placed. You are correct that you do not actually need Fluid Movements at all, I am using it for parsing though because using Power Manipulation in RB (and not being able to in any other spec for parsing) would skew parses.

With regards to your last comment: if you are willing to micromanage more and step away from a faceroll rotation there are definately ways to get more damage out of Riftblade. The best way to get more damage though is to switch spec, because Riftblade is not very good.

@Byaku

Do you know if the damage bonus from Precision Strikes is additive or multiplicative with all the active riftblade buffs? If it's additive then I don't think the gained dps is worth the trouble. Also just noticed that you use Riftstrike only once per 14 global cooldowns, that seems like a mistake to me because it hits quite hard
    Last edited by ttlyevil; 11-29-2014 at 08:28 PM.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    @Byaku

Do you know if the damage bonus from Precision Strikes is additive or multiplicative with all the active riftblade buffs? If it's additive then I don't think the gained dps is worth the trouble. Also just noticed that you use Riftstrike only once per 14 global cooldowns, that seems like a mistake to me because it hits quite hard
    They're supposed to be multiplicative.

Riftstrike once every 14 global is a mistake. As you can tell how much of a mind **** this rotation is, I was only thinking of the 20s duration, you should definitely use it every 15s, so after FS or before FS, I'll work out another later after work.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    They're supposed to be multiplicative.

Riftstrike once every 14 global is a mistake. As you can tell how much of a mind **** this rotation is, I was only thinking of the 20s duration, you should definitely use it every 15s, so after FS or before FS, I'll work out another later after work.
    It's possible to get something fairly close to that using a priority rotation, but the way I tried left some minor holes in ability uptimes which are probably avoidable with a good rotation.

(offtopic) By the way, I just noticed that in your signature for tempest you have deliberate strikes as a mastery. I tried that a couple days ago and it did not look that great to me, not as good as precision strikes anyway
    Acuta - Apotheosys

(offtopic) By the way, I just noticed that in your signature for tempest you have deliberate strikes as a mastery. I tried that a couple days ago and it did not look that great to me, not as good as precision strikes anyway
    Hmmm... Personal Secrets :P I'm just going to leave it at that. That's still using Precision Strike's rotation too. Take Precision Strikes for it.

Telaran

Ignore, answered in previous response.
    Last edited by Presidum; 11-29-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Soulwalker

@Kieraic

First of all, you are not correct with regards to power manipulation in macro. It is an off global cooldown ability and will fire regardless of where it is placed. You are correct that you do not actually need Fluid Movements at all, I am using it for parsing though because using Power Manipulation in RB (and not being able to in any other spec for parsing) would skew parses.

With regards to your last comment: if you are willing to micromanage more and step away from a faceroll rotation there are definately ways to get more damage out of Riftblade. The best way to get more damage though is to switch spec, because Riftblade is not very good.
    Good to know about Power manipulation.

Fair enough on the harsh critisism. My post had an aggressive feal to it that wasn't intended but was definately there after I read it again, my apologies.

As for micromanaging, this is where the 64 mastery is the only real choice for RB. If you want a faceroll build that works, but not maximized for RB definately take deliberate strikes. Makes the rotation pretty simple, 2-5 buttons depending upon how much you want to micromanage. Precision strikes requires an intense priority list that's been mentioned here a couple of times, it's a pain in the *** and very hard to keep running during high mobility fights, but you will squeak some extra dps from it.

As mentioned, Good guide, keep up the conversation.

Rift Disciple

I am using it for parsing though because using Power Manipulation in RB (and not being able to in any other spec for parsing) would skew parses.
    wouldn't mind rb starving a little like para in exchange for more deeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieraic View Post
    Precision strikes requires an intense priority list that's been mentioned here a couple of times, it's a pain in the *** and very hard to keep running during high mobility fights, but you will squeak some extra dps from it.
    it's a small 5-button (counting burst synergy) piano.

Vlaad, if you're reading this, please introduce a small initial tick to rift implosion so it consumes bursts right when you cast it. being able to macro it now is great, but it becomes counter-intuitive when you then try to avoid casting it after using a burst.
    Fluffybottom no more

Quote Originally Posted by mini me View Post
    wouldn't mind rb starving a little like para in exchange for more deeps.

it's a small 5-button (counting burst synergy) piano.

Vlaad, if you're reading this, please introduce a small initial tick to rift implosion so it consumes bursts right when you cast it. being able to macro it now is great, but it becomes counter-intuitive when you then try to avoid casting it after using a burst.
    Doesn't Dire Corruption proccing bursts on every tick fix that?
    Scurch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast