+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 3.0 - 61 Tempest

Rift Disciple

Default 3.0 - 61 Tempest

Disclaimer: This guide is not meant to be all inclusive, I am piecing this together from threads in the warrior discussion forum as a service to the community.

Credit goes to Solaxys, Sedvick, Byaku, Ardwick and any others I missed that contributed to the thread.

The Build:
    61 Tempest 15 Reaver 0 Paragon

Masteries:
    1 - Resonating Strikes
    2 - Any (Steadfast Soul and Soul Regeneration both help with raid survivability)
    3 - Energy Reserves or Gladiator Training (whichever you prefer)
    4 - Precision Strikes
    5 - Any other than Healers Intuition, personally I use Power Manipulation (Fluid Movements is good for non raid environment)

EC = Electricity Cascade
    Del = Delayed Pulse
    DuP = Dual Pulse
    WL = Wavelength
    CP = Charged Pulse
    DP = Double Pulse
    LT = Lightning Torrent
    ST = Storm Torrent
    SF = Skyfall
    SS = Soul Sickness
    DC = Dire Corruption

The Rotation (credit to Sedvick):

ST pre-pull to get 3AP, Oscillations and 1 stack of Precision Strikes rolling.

Opener:
    EC > Del > DuP > Arc

Wavelength Block:
    (WL)CP(DP)x3 > Arc
    CP(DP)x6

Block 1:
    Hardcast CP(DP)(EC)
    LT > SF
    Del > DuP > Arc

Block 2:
    SS > DC > CP(DP)(SF)
    LT > EC
    EB > DuP > Arc

Block 3:
    ST > CP(DP)(SF)
    ((SS > LT)) > EC
    Del > DuP > Arc**

Open with opener then either move to WL block or block 1, go to WL block right away unless you are saving cds for a burn, when WL is on cd rotate through blocks 1-3 until it comes back up, rinse and repeat.

The trick to this, as is with any dps, is being familiar with your rotation and being able to pick it back up smoothly if you mess up. If you are COMPLETELY lost on your rotation use LT or ST and try to pick up at the beginning of a block.

The Parse:

As this is not a traditional guide I haven't bothered to do an "official" parse, if someone wants to provide input on this, be my guest. Best I can say is I have beginner raid gear with old essences and I pull 50k dps on Ungolok in this spec.

Closing Remarks:

I encourage others to do as I have done and update some of the old guides on this forum, the warrior community, it seems, has gone mostly dead. We have plenty of new players who have almost no clue how to dps as a warrior. As a service to our warrior brethren, I say, we need to come together and update this stuff.
    Stroman - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane
    4/4 RoF, 4/5 MS, 1/3 TF

Rift Disciple

Forgot to include this note from Sedvick:

((When there is very little server-side lag screwing with your rotation you can squeeze the SS in here and WL will come off cd as soon as you use the following Arc, but skip SS if lag is terrible))

**If running low on energy use a full ST here after Arc to keep yourself stable through WL.
    4/4 RoF, 4/5 MS, 1/3 TF

RIFT Guide Writer

Quick parse on 62 dummy just to get something out there:

http://i.imgur.com/7J4bJ2M.png

Self buffed, was lagging a bit while doing this so I dont think I got 9 CP/DPs out of wavelength every time and forced to skip one SS and clip ST at 2 seconds. Hardly an ideal parse but it's a start.

65 mastery used: Fluid Movements
    Last edited by ttlyevil; 11-18-2014 at 11:54 AM.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Slightly better opener that I've been using:

EC > Del > SS > DC > Arc

WL block

It get your dots rolling earlier and ticking during the 1st WL block. DC will also be refreshed as it falls off the 1st time. You have to add 1 gcd before you go into your WL block, but I think it's more optimal this way.

Running a 57s rotation myself (rather than the 58.5s) thanks to the server lag, exaggerated here in UK while playing on NA servers, was wondering if it was worth it to push WL a GCD every go around to refresh DoTs?

Theoretically it is a DPS loss, but practically because the fights last don't last long enough for a full block WL to be missed, I am getting mixed results (Albeit the crit RNG).

Referring primarily to SS (maybe DC, but that is a lost cause until Precision affects it).
    Last edited by Solaxys; 11-18-2014 at 03:11 PM.

I've all but left out the last SS in my rotation because of -insert type of lag-. Energy is also sometimes an issue. Oh well.

I'm also using Sedvicks opening on boss fights.

If you want to piss off the mages you can also open with:

Focused Fire - Arc - WL block. In the longer run not the best but usually the mages in my guild get upset ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Block 3:
    ST > CP(DP)(SF)
    ((SS > LT)) > EC
    Del > DuP > Arc**
    Some of us have been doing this to line things up a little better:

Block 3:
    ST (2 or 3 ticks) > SS > CP(DP)(SF)
    LT > EC
    Del > DuP > Arc**

Soulwalker

can anyone post macros im using some of the old ones and they are buggin out, also with the update is percision strikes still better thanks the other lvl 64 mastery options

Quote Originally Posted by rwill View Post
    can anyone post macros im using some of the old ones and they are buggin out, also with the update is percision strikes still better thanks the other lvl 64 mastery options
    Macros I'm using:

#show delayed pulse
    cast delayed pulse
    cast dual pulse
    cast electricity blast

#show Arc
    cast arc
    cast power manipulation
    cast dire corruption
    cast soul sickness

#show charged pulse
    cast charges pulse
    cast double pulse

Keybound Alone: Electricity Cascade, Skyfall, Lightning Torrent, Wavelength, Storm Torrent
    Last edited by Ardwick; 11-20-2014 at 06:23 AM.

The only thing i have macro'd is charged pulse/double pulse.
    Don't really know what else there is to macro in this spec.

I don't really get your opener and where you move to after you've done it? I mean, you open up with EC, then do some other attacks, do you move directly to block 1 after?

And why do you do a 1 AP EC in block 1? Or am I missing something here?

I really wanna understand Tempest, but this guide isnt helping me to understand honestly :$ Atleast not at the moment
    Achievement hunter

Errando - Level 70 Warrior - Gelidra

People played Manugo here

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Inny View Post
    I don't really get your opener and where you move to after you've done it? I mean, you open up with EC, then do some other attacks, do you move directly to block 1 after?

I really wanna understand Tempest, but this guide isnt helping me to understand honestly :$ Atleast not at the moment
    The idea is to use Storm Torrent to proc oscillations and generate 3 AP before the pull, this is generally only a good idea if you are able to do so without pulling other mobs. Instead you may use Lightning Torrent on the mob/boss and then proceed to your opener. Regarding Block 1, I incorrectly stated that your would rotate through 1 - 3 when not using WL. If you are saving WL just go from Opener to block 2 then 3 and repeat. If you are using WL then the rotation will line up perfectly meaning by the time you are done with block 3 WL will be off of CD. Hope that helps some.
    Last edited by Stroman; 11-20-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    4/4 RoF, 4/5 MS, 1/3 TF

Quote Originally Posted by Inny View Post
    Block 1 follows wavelength, so you won't be casting a 1 pt electricity cascade as you'll have 3 attack points already when wavelength falls off.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Slightly better opener that I've been using:

EC > Del > SS > DC > Arc

WL block

It get your dots rolling earlier and ticking during the 1st WL block. DC will also be refreshed as it falls off the 1st time. You have to add 1 gcd before you go into your WL block, but I think it's more optimal this way.
    Either you're not getting full use of raid buffs during WL or you're support is slow to pop **** with that general opener. It probably doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things but, man, that's 7.5s right there when you're usually looking at raid buffs coming out within 4.5.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast