+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 3.0 - 61 Paragon - 8 Tempest - 7 Champion - new rotation(?)

Lightbulb 3.0 - 61 Paragon - 8 Tempest - 7 Champion - new rotation(?)

First of all this is not really a guide, it's more a request for your opinion on this.
    English is not my native language and I haven't sleeped for a long time so please be forgiving ..

Spec: 61 Paragon - 8 Tempest - 7 Champion

I was playing around with the masteries and ended up using these. But there were two things which I disliked about them. With the level 64 mastery the duration of damage over time effects got increased by 6s, but the 'old' rotation doesn't take any advantage out of that and the second stack of Combatfocus's damage increase which you get from the level 62 mastery gets eaten by a two point Reaping Harvest. Someone on the german forums came up with the idea to refresh Open the Stream only three times per minute instead of four. So I tried around a bit and changed the Alacrity block to get full usage from Combatfocus.

- RH swings which are buffed by combatfocus are marked green

Code:
    TT>RW>RH

SM>OtS>SB
    TQ>CF>AL>RH
    RW>DT>RH
    RW>SM>RH
    RW>RH
    SM>RW>RH

SM>RW>SB
    TQ>RW>RH
    FL>OtS>RH
    DT>RW>RH
    SM>RW>RH

SM>RW>SB
    TQ>CF>RH
    RW>SM>RW>RH
    SM>RW>RH
    DT>OtS>RH

SM>RW>SB
    TQ>RW>RH
    FL>RW>RH
    SM>RW>RH
    DT>RW>RH
    I parsed about atleast 4-8% higher on the dummy in Draumheim with this rotation, but Death Touch is kinda slingering around in these blocks .. so i don't realy know how to feel about this ..

Kind regards
    Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

Niereich@Gelidra Gawlas@Gelidra Hackler@Gelidra Kuch@Gelidra

RIFT Guide Writer

Copied from my guild forums (credit to Byaku for coming up with the rotation):

For everyone who is not up to date on the newest paragon rotation (this requires you to use the mastery that changes CF and the one that increases dot duration)

Cooldown block:
    SM>OtS>SB
    Tq>RW>Alacrity+RH*
    SM>RW*>RH*
    DT>RW*>RH*
    CF+RH*>RW*>RH*

Abilities marked with * should double hit during alacrity. It's very important that you wait until late into your global cooldown to activate alacrity, this will give you a very good chance to get that last RH in. Making the last RH reliably hit twice is what makes this rotation better than the old one.

Filler block 1:
    SM>RW>SB
    Tq>RW>RH
    SM>OtS>RH
    DT>RW>RH
    SM>RW>RH

CF Block:
    SM>RW>SB
    Tq>RW>RH
    SM>RW>RH
    DT>RW>RH
    CF+OtS>SM>RW

Filler block 2:
    SM>RW>SB
    Tq>RW>RH
    SM>RW>RH
    DT>RW>RH
    SM>RW>RH

Use the blocks in that order. The best spec is still the same: 8 tempest 7 champ
    Acuta - Apotheosys

I would like to hear Byaku's reason behind using Combatfocus outside the Alacrity block.
    They fixed the mastery a while ago so that the Double Hits from Alacrity would not waste one of the three Combatfocus stacks.

Instead of literally doubling the efficiency of the Physiology Proficiency mastery your buffing one double hitting 3PT-RH, one double hitting 2PT-RH and one single hitting 3PT-RH + SB-Proc.
    This doesn't make any sense to me ..
    Last edited by supermtnnn; 11-17-2014 at 05:16 AM.
    Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

Niereich@Gelidra Gawlas@Gelidra Hackler@Gelidra Kuch@Gelidra

Rift Disciple

The best spec is now: 8 tempest 7 champ
    Fixed that for you Acuta

Anyway. As to whether or not Precision Strikes is the best for Paragon remains to be seen. It wasn't coming close to touching Deliberate Strikes (8-9% contribution) before Vladd overnerfed it last week. Depending on what he adjust it back to we might be running with that instead of Precision. But until further notice Precision Strikes is our go to for Paragon. In regards to your blocks. You're going to have to clip OtS before you go into Alacrity at about 2-3s left on the timer, because if you don't then you're going to have to refresh inside of Alacrity or let it fall for the duration, both of which are bad. The clip at 2-3s is negligible due mostly to the rather large initial hit that OtS has anyway.

@ OP. As to why we do CF outside of the RNG ridden one hit wonder variation of yore I refer you to.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...paragon-4.html

-Kas
    Last edited by JackBaeur; 11-17-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    Cooldown block:
    SM>OtS>SB
    Tq>RW>Alacrity+RH*
    SM>RW*>RH*
    DT>RW*>RH*
    CF+RH*>RW*>RH*

Filler block 1:
    SM>RW>SB
    Tq>RW>RH
    SM>OtS>RH
    DT>RW>RH
    SM>RW>RH

CF Block:
    SM>RW>SB
    Tq>RW>RH
    SM>RW>RH
    DT>RW>RH
    CF+OtS>SM>RW

Filler block 2:
    SM>RW>SB
    Tq>RW>RH
    SM>RW>RH
    DT>RW>RH
    SM>RW>RH
    Pre NMT ok.

But I really cant understand why you should use the first CF at that point(red RHs) now.
    The first one not "buffed" with SB.
    The second one is only an 2 Point Finisher
    The third is outside of Alacrity.

Imo this is a really wasted Combat Focus

And the second one seems not better to me. Many wasted Attack Points because of delaying your first Finisher after CF. And the stacks are getting used later, when nearly every Raid Cooldown is on Cooldown (low Point within xx:45 and xx:00).

Some explanations would be great^^
    Last edited by therealAUa; 11-18-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by therealAUa View Post
    But I really cant understand why you should use the first CF at that point(red RHs) now.
    The first one not "buffed" with SB.
    The second one is only an 2 Point Finisher
    The third is outside of Alacrity.

Imo this is a really wasted Combat Focus

And the second one seems not better to me. Many wasted Attack Points because of delaying your first Finisher after CF. And the stacks are getting used later, when nearly every Raid Cooldown is on Cooldown (low Point within xx:45 and xx:00).

Some explanations would be great^^
    http://i.imgur.com/EREwddJ.png

http://i.imgur.com/zEEmSSK.png

Separating Alacrity and CF generates less lag (3 OGCD abilities in rapid succession means you eat up at least a second, pushing your rotation).

Finally, you can bypass the 2nd RH (2-pt) of CF, by using flurry to get another 1.3 RH proc in the 2nd block.

I tested some yesterday with 61 para,10reav,5 champ.
    and i did parse abit higher than the old spec. did in total 5 parses in each spec.
    i just added SS and EC instead of an setting moon.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#3kllayGGGli/7g/6gw the the spec

http://imgur.com/HoXn706 my parse, this is done on at lvl 62 dummy in my dimension sadly.

If anyone would try this and get back to me with an reply? in advance thanks!
    Last edited by Andyboii; 11-19-2014 at 07:47 AM.

i forgot to link my parse without the reaver in it. here you go
    http://imgur.com/aOmbicX

Have you accounted for crit RNG?

The spec should, on paper, not be better - but shrugs, could be.
    [DoTs don't scale well with TtB - so, you'd have to juggle TtB on and off to get the full effect)

I'll test once servers come back live (ugh these DoT specs lol)

In any case, if that is the spec you want to run with, get savage sweep from champ.

Edit: Or a better option would be 61/15 RV with 0 Tempest
    10% Strength + 3% Damage v. 10% + AP/WPNDPS + 2% Damage.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 11-19-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    Have you accounted for crit RNG?

The spec should, on paper, not be better - but shrugs, could be.
    [DoTs don't scale well with TtB - so, you'd have to juggle TtB on and off to get the full effect)

I'll test once servers come back live (ugh these DoT specs lol)

In any case, if that is the spec you want to run with, get savage sweep from champ.

Edit: Or a better option would be 61/15 RV with 0 Tempest
    10% Strength + 3% Damage v. 10% + AP/WPNDPS + 2% Damage.

I did 5 parses of each spec and theese two i linked are kinda mid on the range. i guess RNG could play a puzzle on me, ill give it further more testing, before saying it is better. but if you could test aswell it would be great.

i was thinking when i tried this spec that it could be an decent choice for short disconect figths like first boss in RoF where we are out for maybe one GCD at the time and flurry/GotH would cover it everytime.

will also test 15RV/0 temp.

Stats i currently had with te 10rc/5Champ
    10213 AP
    5886 PC
    1989 CP

theese are with only the buffs this specs provides, without stones,vials etc
    Last edited by Andyboii; 11-19-2014 at 08:55 AM.

Paragon Breakdown

Things to keep in mind;
    • Your values may be different.
    • RHS has 1 extra GCD and that 1.0 RH is included in the TOTAL. Consider DPS loss when your abilities don't lie up with personal/raid cool-downs.
    • All RH is in relative terms to a 3-Point RH. E.g. 1.0 RH is ONE 3-Point RH, whereas 0.95 is only 95% of a 3-Point Reaping Harvest.
    • 1.0 SM is equivalent to 0.47 RH
    • 1.0 RW is equivalent to 0.72 RH (1.0 FB is equivalent to 0.81 RH)

TL;DR: Read the quote below...

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    It's very important that you wait until late into your global cooldown to activate alacrity, this will give you a very good chance to get that last RH in. Making the last RH reliably hit twice is what makes this rotation better than the old one.

Good luck.

Rift Master

Lots of great information in this thread, thank you.

What do you guys think about Deliberate Strikes now after the patch oposed to Precision Strikes? From the few dummy parses i did it seemed to be slightly ahead, but could have been rng as well.

And what about the 10 WL 5 Temp variation? Tried this one as well but again seems about the same or is hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    Lots of great information in this thread, thank you.

What do you guys think about Deliberate Strikes now after the patch oposed to Precision Strikes? From the few dummy parses i did it seemed to be slightly ahead, but could have been rng as well.

And what about the 10 WL 5 Temp variation? Tried this one as well but again seems about the same or is hard to tell.

Im using precision strikes in most of my dps specs. but im not 100 % yet wich is best.

10WL and 5 Temp is parsing alot lower for me than the 61/8/7 spec. 10 WL could be very usefull when you need an pull, but atm i dont seen a Figth in NT that needs one.(first boss in RoF, but it can be easly be pulled by a ranged)

I also got to test the 61/15 reav and 0 temp(also 10 reav 5 champ) yesterday and it dosnt do as good as the 61/7/8 spec.

RIFT Guide Writer

Im pretty sure deliberate strikes is a dps gain for every paragon variant. And if you are using deliberate strikes, I think that 10 WL 5 Tempest becomes the highest parsing variant. RH/tranq tooltip slightly worse than 8/7, everything else slightly better. That should be enough to push it ahead.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Rift Master

It's what i was thinking as well, but don't have any data to support it .

thank you
    Last edited by Jotunn; 11-20-2014 at 07:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast