+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 3.0 - 61 Champion Guide

Default 3.0 - 61 Champion Guide

Wanted to get a fresh thread for 61 Champ discussion in 3.0. Not much changed with the original rotation besides adding in 1 new ability after CoD every minute.

Build: 61Ch/13Para/2Temp (if, for whatever reason, you are going to do a full ST rotation, use Ethereal Strikes as your level 64 mastery with the Warmaster's Crystal)

Buffs include Dominating Bearing, Shared Suffering, Enhanced Conductivity and Way of the River.

Macros:

ST Builder (1)
    #show Disruptive Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Disruptive Strike
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Savage Sweep

ST Finisher (2)
    #show Thunderous Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Thunderous Strike
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Punishing Blow

AOE DS/PB ease-of-use macro (3)
    #show Disruptive Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Disruptive Strike
    cast Punishing Blow

AOE Finisher (4)
    #show Thunderous Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Thunderous Strike
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Death Blossom
    cast Bladefury

Keep the following on a separate key
    Mark of Extermination (maintain this 100% for Mired)
    Mark of Inevitability (use outside raids instead of MoE for Mired)
    Mighty Blow (MB) (5)
    Savage Sweep (SavSw) (6)
    Bull Rush (BR)
    Chains of Death (CoD) (7)
    Cornered Beast (CB) (8)
    Power Variation (PV)
    Proper Timing (PT) (9)
    Weapon Defense (utility shield)

Rotation:

Thunderous Strike (ThS)
    Titan's Strike (Titan's)
    Chains of Death (CoD)
    Death Blossom (DB)
    Disruptive Strike (DS)

Single Target
    Starting with 3AP (or BR > RW) ThS first into the following:

DS > (PT)Titan's
    SavSw > RW > PB
    (((DS > PB)))
    CB > ThS
    repeat

With macros:
    2-1-(9)2-1-1-2-(((1-2)))-8 repeat

2+ target AOE
    Starting with 3AP (or BR > MB) Ths first into the following:

DS > Titan's
    MB > SavSw > DB (** = DB procs)
    DS > (PT)PB
    CB > ThS

DS > Titan's
    MB > SavSw > CoD
    (((DS > BF)))
    CB > ThS
    repeat

With macros:
    4-3-4-5-6-4-3-(9)3-8
    4-3-4-5-6-7-(((3-4)))-8
    repeat

(((Full channel PV off cd every minute here instead)))

As always, to maintain Mired make sure you maintain Mark of Extermination (Inevitability outside raid). The rotations are ridiculously easy, but if you have any questions/concerns let me know!
    Last edited by Sedvick; 11-17-2015 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    **For 2 targets, use BF here. CoD hits like a wet noodle on 2 target cleave scenarios.
    CoD is actually still a DPS gain on 2 targets. It bounces twice on 2 targets, granted there is a bit of CRIT RNG tagging along with it, but both targets take 2 ticks of CoD, the outcome is greater than 1 Bladefury per target which has to actually CRIT to compete with CoD.

Also important to add is that you need to target something for PV to work. A lot of the champion abilities are for the lazy and don't require a target but it's best to make a habit of targeting the mob with most HP now ;p

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm getting higher DPS with Power Manipulation in my rotation.

I just stick power manipulation into my AOE finisher macro and let it fire when it wants. That puts me around 345K in the standard test gear (earrings on, no weapon buffs other than the rune).

I didn't put a whole lot of testing time into it. Should I be parsing higher with Power Variation? I'm wondering if it's messing up my finisher order the way I'm running it and truth is I don't run 61 champ enough to spend a lot more time testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentex View Post
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm getting higher DPS with Power Manipulation in my rotation.
    Concern.

I didn't put a whole lot of testing time into it. Should I be parsing higher with Power Variation? I'm wondering if it's messing up my finisher order the way I'm running it and truth is I don't run 61 champ enough to spend a lot more time testing.
    Your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    Your answer.
    Well, that wasn't really an answer. The useful answer would be what does it parse in your hands with the standard test equipment.

But you already know that.

I appreciate your contributions a great deal. They've helped me a lot, saved me a lot of time, and helped me understand some skill interactions better. This particular contribution one was not one of those.

1. You didn't put a whole lot of testing time into it.
    2. Because you didn't put a whole lot of testing time into it you're trying to find direct answers.
    3. You assume it's messing up your finisher order with the way you're running it, but none of us knows what your setup is to even remotely guide you.

Attempt to help yourself first before you try and get direct answers. Chances are the direct answers are going to lead into more questions because you haven't taken the effort to understand the mechanics prior.

1. Go over the rotation and figure out each ability and why it's used in that order.
    2. Try and work that rotation into your own rotation and how you want to play Champion. People play better when they're exposed to a more comfortable set of rules that they set themselves.
    3. If it's still doing lower numbers using Power Variation over Power Manipulation for you, hit the Forums and ask the Guide Writers.
    • Power Manipulation is Single-Target, there's no reason why it should be higher than Power Variation unless it's hitting all Targets instead (which should be a bug). If I was doing Single-Target Champion I would maybe pick up Power Variation, but that's not what Champion is for.

There are many factors why a player is doing lower numbers than another player, if you want your question to be answered, you need to provide specifics.

If you wanted Parses you could go here.
    Last edited by Byaku; 10-22-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Attempt to help yourself first before you try and get direct answers. Chances are the direct answers are going to lead into more questions because you haven't taken the effort to understand the mechanics prior.
    1. Go over the rotation and figure out each ability and why it's used in that order.
    2. Try and work that rotation into your own rotation and how you want to play Champion. People play better when they're exposed to a more comfortable set of rules that they set themselves.
    3. If it's still doing lower numbers using Power Variation over Power Manipulation for you, hit the Forums and ask the Guide Writers.
    I think you're smart enough to know that you can't turn other people into you.

That's what you would do. It's not what everyone else will do. That takes a lot of time, a lot of intellect, a lot of focus, and a lot of dedication. We can debate which of those I lack. (Hint - it's three of the four.)

There are many factors why a player is doing lower numbers than another player, if you want your question to be answered, you need to provide specifics.
    I did provide specifics. Standard test equip, including earrings, no weapon buffs. I stated I was pulling 345K. It's implied that I'm using Sedvick's posted rotation and posted build, with the exception of using PM instead of PV.

There is absolutely no further information that I could have given that is relevant.

There was precisely one question in my post, highlighted very clearly through the use of a question mark. It was "Should I be parsing higher?"

Thank you, that is precisely what I was looking for. Thanks, Sedvick, for doing that.

With recent changes it should be slightly higher.

Why write a guide that only veteran players understand, as a returning player I have to decipher what this guide is all about and honestly it doesnt make much sense.
    From zero description, vague abbreviations and macros that make little to no sense. Lets not forget rotation, either name macros or dont make macros at all if you not willing to list proper rotation.
    Need new Signature
    Old one is from 2010
    Cant be bothered to think of a new one!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aistis View Post
    From zero description, vague abbreviations
    Mark of Inevitability (maintain this 100% for Mired) Mighty Blow (MB) Savage Sweep (SavSw) Disruptive Strike (DS) Bull Rush (BR) Cornered Beast (CB) Power Variation (PV) Proper Timing (PT) Weapon Defense (utility shield) Thunderous Strike (ThS) Titan's Strike (Titan's) Chains of Death (CoD) Death Blossom (DB)
    Hardly vague.

and macros that make little to no sense. Lets not forget rotation,
    Single Target
    Starting with 3AP (or BR > RW) ThS first into the following:

DS > (PT)Titan's
    SavSw > RW > PB
    (((DS > PB)))
    CB > ThS
    repeat
    Uh, there's the rotation. Even had multiple types of rotations.

either name macros or dont make macros at all if you not willing to list proper rotation.
    Genuinely curious, but what more do you need? I mean, the rotation is there and the macros facilitate it. Or do you want someone to list the buttons in order so the process is as mindless as possible?

I listed button presses in my old guide (if you even bother to look) because somebody asked politely. Maybe I'll get around to it for this guide , too, but the Champion rotation is pretty mindlessly simple. Even switching from ST to AoE is fluid and easily understandable since it's just a single 15s block with minor tweaks over and over again.

Why do you have macros that are never mentioned in rotation, why some of your skills listed in both macros and then as separate skill on action bar, what is first aoe macro supposed to be, it have no aoe in it, how is that macro "helpful" if you already have those skills in other macros and as single skill in bar, disruptive strike is good, I get that, so build macros around its 6s cd if you want it used every cd.
    Whole point of macros is to have 3-4 macros you can use instead of remembering 8+ skills rotation, then you build those macros around those skills and cooldowns to make sure they align properly.

I am overly harsh, but your guide doesnt even say if its single target dps, is its multi target dps, can it be used for levelling, or maybe its levelling aoe spec?

And why make up abbreviations for skill names, you already listed them, so copy pasting them second time is faster than typing and making abbreviations .

You say rotation is simple, but I've seen harder rotations that were much as easier to use.
    Guide is supposed to be for someone who is either new or returning player, if you been playing for past few years, you wont need a guide.

Here is very simple guide, but it does much better job explaing what it is and how to do it even if you know nothing about the game http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ed-hybrid.html
    Last edited by Aistis; 10-31-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    Need new Signature
    Old one is from 2010
    Cant be bothered to think of a new one!

Since this is so hard for you, here is my Champ guide for dummies:

1. Start with 3ap
    2. Bladefury > Mighty Blow x2
    3. Repeat 2 forever until my guide makes sense to you.

Enjoy!

Shield of Telara

Why do you have macros that are never mentioned in rotation,
    Everyone has macros that aren't specifically mentioned in guides. It's almost like it's supplementary. Almost.

why some of your skills listed in both macros and then as separate skill on action bar,
    Maybe he wants you to make sure you use it on cooldown. Or for debuffs/buffs. I dunno, vague question = vague answer.

what is first aoe macro supposed to be, it have no aoe in it,
    Probably because, as is explained in the macro:
    ease-of-use macro
    how is that macro "helpful" if you already have those skills in other macros and as single skill in bar,
    Idk, if you ever want to use things individually without having to go through an entire macro for it.

disruptive strike is good, I get that, so build macros around its 6s cd if you want it used every cd.
    Uh, why would you gimp your dps for filler just to make a macro better suited to one ability?

Whole point of macros is to have 3-4 macros you can use instead of remembering 8+ skills rotation, then you build those macros around those skills and cooldowns to make sure they align properly.
    This blatantly incorrect attribution to "the whole point of macros" makes me want to cry.

I am overly harsh, but your guide doesnt even say if its single target dps, is its multi target dps, can it be used for levelling, or maybe its levelling aoe spec?
    Except it does list the AE/ST portions.

And why make up abbreviations for skill names, you already listed them, so copy pasting them second time is faster than typing and making abbreviations .
    Except then you'd have to copy and paste each ability, instead of pressing 2 buttons to get the same result.

You say rotation is simple, but I've seen harder rotations that were much as easier to use.
    The **** are you trying to say.

Guide is supposed to be for someone who is either new or returning player, if you been playing for past few years, you wont need a guide.
    So if you don't play, and you do understand this guide, what does that mean?

Here is very simple guide, but it does much better job explaing what it is and how to do it even if you know nothing about the game http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ed-hybrid.html
    Uh, the only explaining I see is a perfunctory paragraph explaining it being ranged/melee and a passing mention of dps differentials.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast