+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 3.6 Liberator Guide

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Default 3.6 Liberator Guide

Let me know if you have any questions or if I screwed anything up please :-).

The Build - 61 Liberator / 10 Paladin / 5 Void Knight
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#ZkGaGGiGkl8/98g/4g

Masteries - Resonating Strikes, Physiology Proficiency, Relentless, Precision Strikes, Power Variation

Welcome to Warrior healing! Your primary stats are Attack Power and your Weapon Damage, meaning your heals are powered by a split between Weapon Damage and Attack Power (I can't remember the exact split). One thing that is very noteworthy is the introduction of a brand new Rift mechanic! Unlike previous souls in Rift, Liberators use varying amounts of attack points depending on the attack! This means a specific ability may only consume one attack point, two attack points, or require you to be at three attack points to even use. Not only do some abilities require certain amounts of attack points to use...but some abilities also grant more than one attack point!

Medical Facility awaits you.

ST Builders
    AoE Builders
    ST Finishers
    AoE Finishers
    Other
    Cooldowns

Buffs
    Macros
    • #show first aid
      suppressmacrofailures
      cast @mouseoverui first aid
    • #show quick remedy
      suppressmacrofailures
      cast @mouseoverui quick remedy
    • #show fast relief
      suppressmacrofailures
      cast @mouseoverui fast relief
    • #show neutralize
      suppressmacrofailures
      cast @mouseoverui neutralize
    • #show extraordinary care
      suppressmacrofailures
      cast @mouseoverui extraordinary care

Kalerts
    • Mass Casualty Response
      Use this Kalert to make sure your stacks do not fall off
      KA:Mass Casualty Response:a7/NNeNpVjk0KgzAQha/iCWxiNKnMqoqBLqwg6U6QVFMI2CoZW
      /D2TcRNeTMwP7yPBxQULJPejIMwSt+1RoxKjR89rVvUGlzmNxq4 0CKXhAh25lzQJM0gocC8QwLxa
      u1zhflrnLOjwVN3v3b6YSe7br0dPKB7eWw/HNjeHdh4HBFSwiETOTAeisQi82GgaJRq6rK6qaoNO
      92VkD3k35OFG9+DyB9rSj/u
    • Prolonged Recovery
      Use this Kalert to make sure your stacks do not fall off of the tank, make your tank your focus target
      KA:Prolonged Recovery:aKDMFeNo1Tt0KgjAYfZWewDZNK86VqYNuSmTdCVLb jJG42CyQ6N2bY
      nyH7+8cDgcUHK0RLwcK5neO0prO9HclV5US5q3siJSlGWXFIU+ T7T6ieQYyy5mfBJVuB0xCq6Vy6
      /pyrK833elhbLQwvauff8fGLo6BlA5JFCOJKTa7CdTXxw1X8XBf 8HOZFSdeVP7pQQLiGyIyR1wYf
      3GE4RyC/QA6LD3E

How to play - AoE version (raids)
    Overall, this is pretty simple to play, but has some intricacies as every soul does, such as maintaining sufficient HPS while outputting as much DPS as possible.

Start with 3 AP just by spamming anything, and then get up three stacks of Mass Casualty Response . Once that is done, get three more AP via Group Assistance or Persecute , and fire off Corrective Measures . This is a large bulk of your healing.

Once your HoTs are up, it's up to you what to do next. If the raid needs heals, use Group Assistance and Deliverance if you can predict the incoming damage, otherwise use Persecute if there’s no incoming damage..

Make sure you maintain 3 stacks of Mass Casualty Response at all times, and refresh Corrective Measures on cooldown.

Use Mass Rescue and Redress as needed, and make sure to properly time Ameliorate and Medical Facility with any large incoming damage spikes that you can predict.

How to play - ST version (experts)
    This is very similar to the above AoE way of playing, but with some skill replacements. It might be a bit difficult for low geared players to heal experts in, but it's for sure possible.

Make sure you maintain 3 stacks of Prolonged Recovery at all times on the tank, and refresh Corrective Measures on cooldown.

Heal the tank with Fast Relief and use First Aid for spot heals, and feel free to use Quick Remedy for more heals on the tank or to generate 3 AP. Use Fast Relief for larger heals in the tank if you can predict the damage. Heal the tank with Dichotomy of Pain as well. It typically turns out to be (after refreshing HoTs): Fast Relief -> Fast Relief -> Fast Relief -> Dichotomy of Pain . . Extraordinary Care is also very good for spot heals or saving somebody. You can use any of these for spot healing group members as well.

If group heals are needed, refer to the above for raid healing, but having Corrective Measures active will heal through most low - medium group damage.

Use Mass Rescue and Redress as needed, and make sure to properly time Ameliorate and Medical Facility with any large incoming damage spikes that you can predict.

Medical Facility awaits you.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 11-25-2014 at 03:43 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

And again, thanks for updating your guide.
    I guess it would also be good to implement the LIB version for players without the soul package.

Guess it would be: 61 LIB / 10 WL / 5 Champ

Cheers,
    RePyH
    Last edited by RePyH; 10-19-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RePyH View Post
    And again, thanks for updating your guide.
    I guess it would also be good to implement the LIB version for players without the soul package.

Guess it would be: 61 LIB / 10 WL / 5 Champ

Cheers,
    RePyH
    Done, thanks again. Will update my tank guides as well for 0 Paragon instead of Tempest if they don't have SL souls.

Edit: 5 VK is superior regardless so nvm.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 10-20-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Telaran

About the spec, wouldn't having 5 Paladin be worth over 5 Tempest as it's 10% extra healing and damage off builders. While our DPS will go down 5% from not having max DPS, it's not like our healing scales super well off our damage. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Thanks for this guide, Sir RR! Can't wait to try it out once 3.0 goes live
    Serale@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Presidum View Post
    About the spec, wouldn't having 5 Paladin be worth over 5 Tempest as it's 10% extra healing and damage off builders. While our DPS will go down 5% from not having max DPS, it's not like our healing scales super well off our damage. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
    It would be better (especially for survivability), but that's builders only. The majority of our healing is from finishers (MCR / Corrective Measures) plus others such as Dichotomy of Pain and Deliverance. Having those take a hit isn't worth it.

Althoguh looking again, 5 in VK > 5 in Tempest, I'll change this.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 10-20-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post

Althoguh looking again, 5 in VK > 5 in Tempest, I'll change this.
    At first glance this seems to be a neutral hps gain, but seems to be a survival gain? Is that the reason?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    At first glance this seems to be a neutral hps gain, but seems to be a survival gain? Is that the reason?
    Yeah, 5 points into VK nets you more HP and mitigation along with Accord of Resilience and Void. But yes, it's neutral in terms of HPS.

Yeah, 5 points into VK nets you more HP and mitigation along with Accord of Resilience and Void. But yes, it's neutral in terms of HPS.
    K thanks, thought so, just had to discountdoublecheck.

The new build should be 10 Paladin and 5 Void Knight.

Only problem is "A Good Defense" is not working right now and is only affecting healing by 1% instead of 10%. Let's just see how long it'll take before Vladd even notices that.

Why VK/Paladin?

Since we derive our HPS from attack power/weapon strength, wouldnt 5 temp be much better?
    Achievement hunter

Errando - Level 70 Warrior - Gelidra

People played Manugo here

Quote Originally Posted by Inny View Post
    Why VK/Paladin?

Since we derive our HPS from attack power/weapon strength, wouldnt 5 temp be much better?
    VK 5pts gives ap stuffs on PTS

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    The new build should be 10 Paladin and 5 Void Knight.

Only problem is "A Good Defense" is not working right now and is only affecting healing by 1% instead of 10%. Let's just see how long it'll take before Vladd even notices that.
    You're 100% correct, I totally overlooked 5 more points into Paladin somehow. And I've told him, good find, I probably wouldn't have caught this.

Quote Originally Posted by Inny View Post
    Why VK/Paladin?

Pally/VK give AP/Weapon Damage, but I'm not sure on the math of 10% str vs 10% healing, I'm going to guess that 10% healing wins out but I know a while ago that the str was better for some specs.

Edit: After like 30 seconds of testing, it seems both are very very close.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 10-21-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Edit: After like 30 seconds of testing, it seems both are very very close.
    They are both very close.

10 Paladin - 5 Void Knight
    • Increased Health Pool for more survivability and effective usage of Power Variance for additional Tank Healing.
    • Higher healing output on Builders than 10WL/5VK, it's great when you have to move because you'll be doing filler heals a.k.a. builders.

10 Warlord - 5 Void Knight
    • Better self-sustain when you mix in Persecute due to Recovery Posture and Comfort Zone.
    • Higher healing output on Non-Builders than 10PAL/5VK, it's great when all you're doing is topping off and the AOE damage is "sustained" with little movement. This also means higher output during Medical Facility and other respective cool-downs (Shields).

Their uses are going to be based on the encounter. Although, I am quite certain 10WL/5VK is going to be the standard Liberator build (maybe).

Thanks for all the work on this guys. I am trying out the Pal VK on the next nightmare rift I come across but since I don't do real raids anymore and the nightmare rift/world event raids are so... well chaotic (full of bad DPS usually... usually 0-1 tanks and 0-2 healers)... if I am not the tank I still see myself needing to pull casters into the AE party... so the WL/VK variety may be better suited to me... we will see how much I miss Sergents Orders
    Shatterbone Server
    Guardian w/ 780+ Attunements
    Donnaccia - Warrior - lvl 60 Kimchi - Mage - lvl 60
    SadKeanu - Cleric - lvl 55 Bieber - Rogue - lvl 50
    Skoshi - Warrior - lvl 50

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast