+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior End Game ST Raid Spec - 41 WL 35 Para 0 Tempest

Soulwalker

Default Warrior End Game ST Raid Spec - 41 WL 35 Para 0 Tempest

Hi All,

Firstly, this is my first spec guide, sorry for any mistakes. I hope people who know better will correct my mistakes. I have been working on hybrid for months, tried many and finally I managed to make one that parses good, easy to play, has a little range and also some AOE. However, mainly, this is a melee ST spec it just has extras as mentioned above. I want to mention that I could not find this spec on web.

Sould Tree: 41 WL 35 Para 0 Tempest

Buffs
    Focus Of Body - will be overriden by raid buffs
    Way of The River
    Deadly Posture
    Enhanced Conductivity
    Never turn TTB on. TTB should always be off.

Crystal
    Use Warlord Crystal that will match your gear

Macros
    Builder
    #show Piercing Thrust
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Arterial Strike
    SB
    #show Shifting Blades
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Tranquility
    cast Death Touch
    cast Breaking Blow
    Aoe
    #show Killing Field
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Killing Field
    cast Wave of Steel
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Breaking Blow

Skills on Action bar
    Breaking Blow
    Battle Surge
    Flurry
    Thread the Trees

Rotation
    Start with 3 Attack Points
    1.Cast Battle Surge
    2.Builder macro until you get 3 attack points
    3.Breaking Blow
    4.Builder macro until you get 3 attack points
    5.SB macro until you consume your attack points
    6.Builder macro until you get 3 attack points
    7.Breaking Blow
    Repeat 6 and 7 until SB is off cool down
    Refresh your Battle Surge before it ends by replacing it with a Breaking Blow.
    Yes, your finisher is Breaking Blow - do not use Reaping Harvest. Your Breaking Blow is buffed by your crystal + Piercing Thrust.
    This is your rotation during the whole fight.

Notes
    While you are starting from range and running to the boss - cast Battle Surge and cast Flurry until 3 points then use your finisher. You can also use Thread the Trees and use Builder macro until 3 points but I do not like using charges as I kind of lose control and sometimes end up in a place that I can not hit the boss.
    When you need to aoe, press Aoe macro 4 times when you have 3 attack points and your Wave of Steel is not on cool down. You will cast Killing Field, Wave of Steel, Rising Waterfall and Breaking Blow.
    If you need interrupt, get Neck Punch from WL tree by taking 1 point out of Trained Defenses.
    SB macro is your burst, make sure to use it with Raid Cooldowns.
    Never let Battle Surge fall off.
    Breaking Blow should be the top damage dealer spell at the end on DPS meter and RW afterwards.
    You want to hit as many RWs as you can while building Attack Points except for SB duration. This is because of Deadly Parity. You have Battle Surge which gives you extra AP which means your Deadly Parity will deal good damage.
    You will energy starve after first SB and several builder macro on Dummy. This does not happen in raids with energy buffs on. If it happens use Flurry.

Answers to Possible Questions
    Why not RB instead of Tempest for the extra buff?
    My calculations showed that Storm Blade is maximum 1.6% of your dps when EC gives a 2% debuff. And I would rather have a constant debuff than a risk/lucky buff.
    Why not One Two Punch on Paragon tree instead of Deadly Parity?
    This I tried and found very interesting. As I mentioned that you want to use as many RWs as possible you hit Deadly Parity everytime you use RW. As you have about 50% crit chance Deadly Parity crits. For me it might crit up to 9k with my gear which is 1k lower than a non-crit RW. I would like to have some people try this though.

My Stats before I start parsing
    6359 AP - 1297 CP(52.30%) - 3019 PC - 3821 Str - 1764 Dex
    No charred - 1400 CP with Banner and Feast 56%.
    Anythig above this PC/AP or below this CP might parse a bit different, I am unable to test it.

I can not claim that this parses better than 61 Paragon because I have not yet managed to optimize my Paragon rotation, well, for me it parses better but for anyone with perfect 61 Para it might change.

Please feel free to add anything with your comments to make it better or simply to criticise.

Thanks,
    The Knight
    Last edited by TheKnightOfDarkness; 09-20-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Ascendant

The reason you don't see this spec, is that 44paragon 32 warlord is better. (usually known as Paralord, or the Lord of War preset.)

TTB going to 20% instead of 30% means it's a DPS gain to use it. You also get more attacks, and therefore more use out of raid cooldowns. But not factoring that in, you get... From your spec to Paralord.

-5% AP and WC.
    -5% damage taken debuff from breaking blow.
    -One +50% damage auto crit Piercing thrust
    -Arterial Strike

+Soul gift. 's only 2.25% but it's something
    +10% base damage on Follow up
    +25% damage on follow ups
    +20% base damage damage on Builder and Finisher
    +20% armor pierce on Builder and Finisher
    +30% damage on Finisher

And the ability to lose 2% strength for Grasping the Horizon to (mostly) just laugh at disconnects.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    The reason you don't see this spec, is that 44paragon 32 warlord is better. (usually known as Paralord, or the Lord of War preset.)

TTB going to 20% instead of 30% means it's a DPS gain to use it. You also get more attacks, and therefore more use out of raid cooldowns. But not factoring that in, you get... From your spec to Paralord.

-5% AP and WC.
    -5% damage taken debuff from breaking blow.
    -One +50% damage auto crit Piercing thrust
    -Arterial Strike

+Soul gift. 's only 2.25% but it's something
    +10% base damage on Follow up
    +25% damage on follow ups
    +20% base damage damage on Builder and Finisher
    +20% armor pierce on Builder and Finisher
    +30% damage on Finisher

And the ability to lose 2% strength for Grasping the Horizon to (mostly) just laugh at disconnects.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Have you tested it? Paralord isnt better than this for me.

Ascendant

Haven't been any changes since I last checked various pars+warlord, and yeah, Paralord was 5-10% better DPS for me at that point.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnightOfDarkness View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Have you tested it? Paralord isnt better than this for me.
    Paralord, if used correctly, should absolutely be better for you because of the pros/cons listed above. The question is, have you tested it?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Paralord, if used correctly, should absolutely be better for you because of the pros/cons listed above. The question is, have you tested it?
    Yes many times - it was never better than this build, maybe i did something wrong.
    Well i will delete this then, no point. Ty guys for advise.

+ Reply to Thread