+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to make Pyromancers love you: a 58 BM guide

RIFT Guide Writer

Default How to make Pyromancers love you: a 58 BM guide

Introduction:
    This is a guide for the 58 points variant of beastmaster. This is a support spec that is a substitute for an archon. You can use this spec when you don’t want to use an archon for whatever reason, but there are also some things you can do with this spec that an archon. 58 Beastmaster has the best ability for mass purging, two good defensive cooldowns and an additonal unique cast time buff: primal lucidity.
    On the other hand, Beastmasters can’t do the endurance buff provided by one of the archon auras or do the standard physical and non physical debuffs. Note that the endurance buff can be covered by a cleric healer with a low amount of points in sentinel.
    The difference between of 58 and 54 BM is that 58 BM gets Call of the Forest, a 7% cast time buff that is very good for pyromancers, while 54 BM has a little more personal dps.
    This spec is quite simple to play, though beastmaster has a lot of problems with some types of encounters because it is heavily bleed and heavily melee based.

Soul Tree: 58BM/17Para/1 Tempest

Note that you can easily change some talents without changing the core of this spec. The most important is that you reach a total of 58 points in BM and that you pick up flowing strikes from paragon. You can drop a point in devoted training for example to get flinching strike, or put the point from amped in devoted training instead so that you have a 0 point soul to switch to RB for Maelforge.

Buffs:
    Way of the River
    Enhanced Conductivity (or Storm Blade)
    Call of Savagery
    Call of Kinship
    Call of Blood
    Call of the Forest
    Turn The Blade (optional, more on this later)

On top of those, you should also use atleast Bond of Power and Bond of Shelter. Bond of Alacrity can be done by you or by the bard/oracle if he/she doesn’t need to use Anthem of Fervor.

Important: if you die, you need to recast all the Calls and Bonds! Only Way of the River and Enhanced Conductivity stay active.

Raid cooldowns:
    Enrage
    Command to Attack
    Command to Stand Ground
    Command to Recover

You need to have these skills on your bar. How you use them is up to your raid and I won't go into detail on them here.

Ability and DoT tracking:
    I recommend using karuulalert to track dots, though you can also do it by just looking at your targets debuffs if you prefer. The things you need to track are:
    Cutting Slash duration
    Tearing Slash duration
    Twin Cuts duration
    Flesh Rip duration
    Fierce Strike pet buff duration
    Vicious Opportunity/Flesh rip proc
    Cunning Ruse cooldown (it provides a 20s buff but this buff doesn't have a timer)

How to play:

Builder priority from high to low:
    Cutting Slash (Never let this fall off, you will hate yourself)
    Cunning Ruse
    Twin Cuts
    Primal Lucidity
    Fierce Strike (only for Fierce Wounds, the pet buff)
    Vicious Blow

For Cutting Slash, reapply it as soon as you after after the penultimate tick. Reapplying on 2 seconds left is better than reapplying on 0 seconds left, because you will get the next tick sooner when reapplying on 2 seconds left.

Cunning Ruse has a cooldown of 15 seconds while the buff lasts 20 seconds. Putting it in your spam macro means this will generally up all the time. I still recommend tracking the cooldown of Cunning Ruse with a karuul though so you never risk letting this fall off when reapplying multiple dots in a row or purging. When you see that it’s ready use 1 or 2 more global cooldowns on something else if you must but then press your spam macro once to get this back up.

Twin Cuts: simply reapply as soon as you can after it ends.

Primal Lucidity: I recommend putting this in your spam macro since it lasts shorter than its duration and it will get used frequently enough that way.

Fierce Strike: This is fairly low priority, but your pet does more damage in 58 BM then it does on for example 48 BM. Make a karuulalert for it (the buff is active on your pet) and reapply it as soon as it ends. Don’t bother clipping it, it’s not worth it. In situations where you frequently have to purge (Maelforge) you could just forget about this ability all together and it will still be up frequently from purging. During Enrage your pet deals a lot more damage so make sure you have fierce wounds up for that.

Finisher priority:
    This is simple. Use Tearing Slash if it’s bleed isn’t up, otherwise use Brutal Strike. Tearing Slash is not worth clipping.

Flesh Rip(FR) and Vicious Opportunity(VO) procs:
    VO and FR share a proc, so every time your pet crits you can only use either one of them. However, they do not share a cooldown, so if your pet crits twice in a row you can use them in rapid succession if you want.
    Flesh Rip deals more damage than VO with the dot part included, but VO deals more instant damage so your procs should go to VO as soon as you have Flesh Rips dot up.
    To ensure maximum uptime on Flesh Rips dot you should clip the bleed near the end, so it doesn't go off if you get unlucky and do not have procs for a while.
    The ideal time to clip FR is either 5 or 2 seconds left on the debuff. However, FR has a big animation delay so generally you want to press the button on 6 or 3.

Finally, you have to decide yourself if you are going to have TTB active or not. Without TTB you do more damage, but risk energy starvation if verse of joy is not used on cooldown. The advantage of having TTB on is that you can purge a lot faster and that it costs relatively less of your time spend dpsing.

Macro's:
    Main builder (spam) macro:
    #show Messy Wounds
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Cunning Ruse
    cast Primal Lucidity
    cast Vicious Blow
    cast Fierce Strike

Then, you need macros for all dps abilities you plan on using with Messy Wounds on top. For example:

Cutting Slash macro:
    #show Cutting Slash
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Cutting Slash

Other abilities that you should macro like this: Tearing Slash, Brutal Strike, Fierce Strike, Flesh Rip, Vicious Opportunity, Twin Cuts.

Opener:
    This opener is designed to get cunning ruse and some dots up asap and having all raid cds active at 6 seconds.

Start with TTB on

Optional: prepull planar surge (activates all your Calls)
    Fierce Strike->Cutting Slash->Cutting Slash->Tearing Slash
    Command to Attack+Enrage(+Flesh Rip if you have it)
    Cunning Ruse
    (Turn TTB off now if you want to play 1.5s GCD)
    Cutting Slash->Twin Cuts->Brutal Strike

From then on do your rotation as usual.

Note that Strike to Maim counts towards Cunning Ruse aswell, so it is safe to use Cunning Ruse even if you did not get a flesh rip proc before it.

Magcilian opener:
    On Magcilian you can use the egg to prepare a better opener. The best way to do this that I have found is using 3x Cutting Slash, Tearing Slash and Flesh Rip (or Strike to Maim) on the egg and then use cunning ruse when the egg is about to die.
    This lets you start with your 20% dmg buff up immediately. Remember that you should not use messy wounds on the egg so you will need other buttons then your usual macros for this.
    After magcilian is up try to apply your dots, but at this point it becomes RNG because you need to start purging aswell.

Additional advice for Magcilian:
    With this spec and playing in the 1s gcd (TTB on) you can handle all purges by yourself while still doing some if you have a magetank with an avoidance spec (harb subsoul).
    If you are using another class as maintank that doesn't have much avoidance then you will need help with the purging, especially if you want to ever use one of your dps abilities.
    It is often difficult to use finishers every 3 AP on this fight because you need to purge so much. You can use a different spec like 48 BM that has Shifting Blades to help with this or simply forget about using finishers every 3 AP.
    During breath and shield magcilian does not gain any additional stacks. You should try to purge all stacks of during breath and shield, but you do not need to do it immediately.
    So for example, if shield starts and the boss has 3 stacks, you can try to maintain a good dps rotation for 10 seconds while using fierce strike 3 times where you would otherwise use vicious blow.
    Lastly, you can turn off TTB during the phase transition to push more dps for the last 50% when you do not need to purge anymore.
    Last edited by ttlyevil; 08-15-2014 at 08:28 AM.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

RIFT Guide Writer

As a pyro i can say that we all <3 Acuta.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Soulwalker

this feels so frustrating to learn just for a few fights.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by unlocked View Post
    this feels so frustrating to learn just for a few fights.
    Its a different style than all other warrior specs, since you do not have a set rotation. I think with a little bit of practice you will get the hang of it. Remember that to do all the raid buffs all that you need to do is:
    Activate all your buffs (calls+bonds)
    Use a finisher every 30 seconds
    Use Command to Attack and Enrage when desired by your raid

All the rest is only for personal dps. Not saying that it's not important, but if you are missing a few thousand dps from not playing your own rotation perfectly it is unlikely to make or break your raid.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Is there any special reason you put 1 point in Calming Influence?
    I mean u could choose to put 1 point in Guardianship or 1 more point in Primal Bond..

And more question:Why you should change to 0 RB for maelforge?

Ascendant

Maelforge has a thing that makes fire damage do a crapton more, so Searing Strike becomes the better builder.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by skaravaios View Post
    Is there any special reason you put 1 point in Calming Influence?
    I mean u could choose to put 1 point in Guardianship or 1 more point in Primal Bond..

And more question:Why you should change to 0 RB for maelforge?
    Guardianship is total trash and I don't have it on my bars. Primal Bond is not needed for raiding at all, the pet simply never dies. Calming Influence on the other hand is great for ccing mobs when running past trash in PBB!
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Soulwalker

any chances for some kalerts?

RIFT Guide Writer

KA::AHJwReNqdlNtq4zAQhl8lT+DV2Ta6ki0J9mYLabZXAaM4a irWdYzsUAp9+JXkpDRlu7hhRiB
    LY+mb8e9RvTcHyyHf8KEzr9ZzFKY6mJp3BKkYU1qWFAuBGSEch OgYAIKt3ePEpZnMj+3vn1uzc52
    bXhvXHvtxu7NmnJ7DsL6x6bB90x6fB9O7Y98A2Jhsvx85LShnY eQoOsxoOJ7X6tdGreMMJsMgUG0
    uy+mJwcSg3x47Oz6tvBs+ZJFNxh/sdCYNCaWYdYgRUJBSlqhkRZ5XhMnF+bTeTa41HUnYELCSs5x
    xUkSHC6kRCjeF8Vaf+t71h5U/jZ/Kn3j5ZX8d94XWWNYaUSlyBJBgi6EPtrfetc1lFYAZv2CEM4Y
    5A9FhhhaX/Vz1+jRNke++M+PTF5VP717FCV3RgkkCCRVlXamIjxclMrbeDBb P8IDeBo/gufoba/w
    S+us4gZUqicxZxZCiJFfxwGXfYXyxdsBtwi8RvhH/Ih7trG/t6n7y7s9H9WTDu+aDXQUJLahmVIk
    SAK0kQYsllNBn1ZQFuo0cXmTzcPe510SxP7jWHU/j6m4Yjn469eHyAFzTioaWk9dUIVEtB9670ey
    68Nnw3GFY/FNBwUsWHX2JrP8p9M2L61dBxeP/ZPIeI0JLIFIiUNQYakLyb0gkKRzNCkeE55R8uyk
    mhQTqv/Rzus4

That's what I use myself.

Edit: Made a screenshot so you can see what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/iiOUNrI.jpg
    Last edited by ttlyevil; 08-17-2014 at 03:27 AM.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Soulwalker

thank you m2s

Soulwalker

what if i put twin cuts in the spam macro? it would refresh itself 4-5 sec before it runs out

Quote Originally Posted by unlocked View Post
    what if i put twin cuts in the spam macro? it would refresh itself 4-5 sec before it runs out
    To min-max BM you'd want to manage it separately and refresh it just as it's falling off, but to simplify the rotation a bit this is fine.

so is it best to have TTB on or off?

i uselay have it on all the time

RIFT Guide Writer

In general you're better off DPS wise with TTB off. For magcillian having it on is better for purging. For Maelforge, I am not really sure. You still have to purge but not as much.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    In general you're better off DPS wise with TTB off. For magcillian having it on is better for purging. For Maelforge, I am not really sure. You still have to purge but not as much.
    I don't think BM should be the solo purger on Maelforge. We're using up 5 GCDs of our DPS to get off 5 stacks (if we're solo purging), also forcing us into a gimped DPS state with TtB on just to purge fast enough.

It's not constant purging, so you don't really need a BM, and the amount of stacks isn't over 5 either. You can literally get them off within 1 GCD with just 2 Inquisitors and 1 BM. Safer for the raid also.

You'd have to toggle TtB for the Cores though so that you can stack up your Bleeds faster, I honestly hate the target switching requirement for BM on that fight, it sucks for Messy Wounds.

Spoiler!

^ Proposition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast