+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [2.7] Darkmaester's "Bourbon" Hybrid Build - 40 Beastmaster / 36 Liberator

Plane Touched

Default [2.7] Darkmaester's "Bourbon" Hybrid Build - 40 Beastmaster / 36 Liberator

Like most of my builds, I designed this build to be ridiculous. I wanted to make a Battle Rez BM build, or BR-BM, and thus the name "Bourbon". Macros and abilities on the keys I use. This is a support build that is able to switch between DPS and Heals. With this build you have:

4 CDs - AP, health, + healing commands and Redress
    3/5 BM Calls
    Spammable 1.5s purge
    AOE Cleanse
    Battle Rez

Spec: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#5...Fg/Zk8aAhhu8/2
    This is the raid variant. You can also use the WF variant with 0 points in Warlord for extraction.

Buffs:
    Bond of Alacrity [Toggle] (Movement speed)
    Bond of Power [Toggle] (Stats)
    Bond of Shelter [Toggle] (Armor + Resist)
    Call of Savagery (+5% damage dealt)
    Call of Stone (-5% damage taken)
    Call of Kinship (AOE Hot)
    Adrenaline Overdrive (+Health on Target)

Aegis of Advocacy (+damage dealt -taken to self)
    Storm Blade (damage)

Macros and Abilities
    Spoiler!

-The best time to use a Cooldown is when Guardianship would be cast.-

Rotations

Full DPS
    BM is naturally a melee DPS, although you do have the ability to back out and use Fierce Strike/Brutal Strike up to 20y.

Spoiler!

Full Healing
    Spoiler!

Hybrid
    The hybrid build is where you'll find the "maintain bleeds" mantra. Keep Cutting Slash up at 3 stacks, don't let it fall off. The rotation is ridiculous. Naturally you alternate Group Assistance and Vicious Blow depending on raid health, and naturally if you're putting up bleeds and using Vicious Blow, you'll be in melee range. You do not have to be. You can still back out if you need to and rotate in Fierce Strike (F1 here) if needed.

Spoiler!

All of my messing around with Libmaster has led me to believe that it's just not a worthwhile plan to run one for pretty much anything. It's not super terrible for experts, as after a certain point you can pretty much heal them by spamming Group Assistance and keeping HoTs up, but it just doesn't have the healing or DPS output that any real healing or support spec would. It'd be a super niche spec that is the answer to a question that doesn't really exist.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

I suppose the raid niche is fights that require survival more than dps. An extra brez is always handy. But chlorochon could probably fill this niche better since this spec has no enrage no call of blood or turn the blade for fast purging.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Plane Touched

This is more of a healing support spec than it is a damage, but it has the option to.

Purge is spammable, you're just getting 5 purges off in 7.5s instead of 5s. It's very useful in fights that need the cleanse, or purge, or both. It frees up your archon to dps, and frees up a healer to dps.

I find it especially useful on trash fights as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaester View Post
    This is more of a healing support spec than it is a damage, but it has the option to.

Purge is spammable, you're just getting 5 purges off in 7.5s instead of 5s. It's very useful in fights that need the cleanse, or purge, or both. It frees up your archon to dps, and frees up a healer to dps.

I find it especially useful on trash fights as well.
    In what content do you actually use this? I could see it being passable in dungeons, but I can't say it'd be effective to have in raids at all, because it's just not going to do any of its jobs half as as well as a spec that is focused on just one of them.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

Plane Touched

It's more useful on fights that require purges and cleanses. I don't think you'll find it very useful on Breaker or Bros, nor do I think you'll find it useful on Tenders/Teus/Thrax/Kriz.

However it is very useful in assisting on PBB trash and perhaps Bros trash, as well as helpful on Kyzan. I have not tried it on Volan/Ultane/Iny/Abom to know if it's useful there.

In T1 you'll find it useful on Goloch, Gelidra and Crucia, as the healing focus. I don't think you'll find it particularly useful in TDQ nor IDH.

Plane Touched

You also have the option of pulling a point from Loyalty to Calming Influence, helping with trash. Loyalty is more of a PVP talent point.

+ Reply to Thread