+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Paragon PvP guide (aka the hardest hitting spec we have)

Default Paragon PvP guide (aka the hardest hitting spec we have)

Paragon PvP guide
    Got asked to make this so here is it. Feel free to add to it or ask questions

The Spec: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Vq/3kllayGGGli/8gwE
    The pocket heal spec: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Vu/3kllayGGGli/7k2

I have both but I like the warlord version better for the pull and snare plus the extra health

Buffs:
    Way of the wind
    Way of the Mountain
    focus of body
    defensive posture
    enhanced conductivity
    turn the blade

Macros

#show Death Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast final blessing
    cast rising waterfall
    cast death touch
    cast setting moon

#show shifting blades
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast shifting blades
    cast final blessing
    cast rising waterfall
    cast tranquility

#show combat focus
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast combat focus
    cast alacrity
    cast reaping harvest

#Show reaping Harvest
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast reaping harvest
    cast skyfall

#show open the stream
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast open the stream
    cast setting moon

things to keep separate: GH(always save for alacrity), Break free (always save for alacrity), RH(use during alacrity and SB so you don't waste a SB proc on skyfall) Fleet of foot, eye of the storm, Sergeant's orders, flurry, SP(never use really and don't put it in spam macro), Wrist strike, and predictable movements. I macro my charges together too but you can keep them separate if you are a masher.

rotation is simple. build up 3 AP use SB macro.

when alacrity is ready build up 3 ap, tap SB once (keep it separate if you are a masher) GH, 3tap CF macro .Note always make sure you have 5 stacks of unleashed for max hit and flowing strikes going

remember to track healing cds that you don't want to waste alacrity on (healers cov, defiler links, NB heal, ect ect

always keep OTS on rogues so when they slip away they will appear after HV wears off. also open on all healer with OTS so it keeps their shields off.

Lastly go for max Crit Power. I have a little over 600 right now and the more you get the better this spec gets.
    Last edited by dday; 07-06-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Latest Paragon WL

So that's how you get so many KB's on top of the damage thanks for the guide I'm going to try this out!

haha yea its legit so much better than warlord at this point. the charge changes really allow you to keep pressure on players.

keep in mind there are other versions (mainly the pve one) that could push out slightly higher burst but not have the utility of the WL version.

also i forgot to put in my guide that you want to have another macro without DT in it because you dont want to waste DT for no reason. i usually save it for right after the 3rd SB proc or when a player pops a damage cd and im out of cc

Yo sweep, big fan, keep it up.

Just a quick one, have you got any video gameplay bud? Would be nice to see some of this in action! Going to set up this spec now, thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    I don't like being a snowflake, snow is cold.
    Omfgllamas@Zaviel (p90)-Main
    Nagashokk@Zaviel (p90)
    Boonay@Zaviel (p90)
    Yawrehto@Zaviel (p90)

I need to save for a Paragon Crystal. Your last guide served me quite well I can't wait to try this one.
    Last edited by Baramos; 07-08-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    I need to save for a Paragon Crystal. Your last guide served me quite well I can't wait to try this one.
    Yea Crystal is a must for this spec. The first time you get a double rh crit with two sb procs you'll be in love

Maybe I should try para again as of today I'm at 1388CP

But every time I do I just feel weak

Thanks for the guide
    Last edited by HeLLBoY77; 07-09-2014 at 10:41 AM.

I use pretty much the exact macros there Dday. I have a lightly tweaked version of the spec with some Liberator http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Zu/3kllayGGGli/8gw
    Basically it makes me a little bit more survivable. If im running solo I keep up Recovery Posture and Way of the sun, with the hot from Liberator and the shield proc aegis. Now that the two heal on attacks stack together they can keep you up a smidgeon longer. Im not a huge fan of defensive posture. just switch ways pending on incoming HPS to me and DPS needed. I also use perecute instead of skyfall for disconnects and if necessary castigate for a ranged finisher if im rooted to all hell or being kited. Once again, a smidge more heals. I've played they other spec also and for the most part get the same dps results with a little more solo survivability which I generally need because I tend to run solo to objectives that my team isnt paying attention too. On the plus side..... I never run out of energy like i do after 5 seconds of playing warlord.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLBoY77 View Post
    Maybe I should try para again as of today I'm at 1388CP

But every time I do I just feel weak

Thanks for the guide
    Mother of god how do you have so much cp in pvp gear? I could only imagine your rh crits.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    I use pretty much the exact macros there Dday. I have a lightly tweaked version of the spec with some Liberator http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Zu/3kllayGGGli/8gw
    Basically it makes me a little bit more survivable. If im running solo I keep up Recovery Posture and Way of the sun, with the hot from Liberator and the shield proc aegis. Now that the two heal on attacks stack together they can keep you up a smidgeon longer. Im not a huge fan of defensive posture. just switch ways pending on incoming HPS to me and DPS needed. I also use perecute instead of skyfall for disconnects and if necessary castigate for a ranged finisher if im rooted to all hell or being kited. Once again, a smidge more heals. I've played they other spec also and for the most part get the same dps results with a little more solo survivability which I generally need because I tend to run solo to objectives that my team isnt paying attention too. On the plus side..... I never run out of energy like i do after 5 seconds of playing warlord.
    Yea I love not having to deal with energy. Also I don't think that small amount in lib is worth losing defensive posture and the wl charge. Plus 7 % damage. That lib hot heals for pathetic amounts. Also not running way if the mountain/wind is a mistake imo

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Yea I love not having to deal with energy. Also I don't think that small amount in lib is worth losing defensive posture and the wl charge. Plus 7 % damage. That lib hot heals for pathetic amounts. Also not running way if the mountain/wind is a mistake imo
    I find the 5% useless really and mountain not really needed with the charge and warlord pull. I don't loose 7% damage. Where are you coming up with that?
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    I find the 5% useless really and mountain not really needed with the charge and warlord pull. I don't loose 7% damage. Where are you coming up with that?
    EC is 2%
    4 point lib is... 2% from temp, and 1.5 from warlord so, 3.5 from that.

So... 5.5 from standard, and 6% from pocket heal version. Probably typo'ed 7 instead of 6. Honestly though, the extra AP and WC covers most of that.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Mother of god how do you have so much cp in pvp gear? I could only imagine your rh crits.
    Tried paragon again and for some reason doesnt feel as strong a WL. Must be me being so used to WL.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast