+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2.7 Lib Master Guide

Plane Touched

Default 2.7 Lib Master Guide

2.7 Lib Master Guide

In the same vein as the Pyrochon, I offer the healing version. The Lib Master. This build would dovetail nicely with a Puri or Chloro running a 10 man. Or can be added to any raid where itís unique raid buffs can be beneficial. As the Pyrochon earns itís inclusion via decent DPS, the Lib Master earns itís way through solid heals. This build can be quite useful in warfronts and conquest as well.

I havenít had much testing in pve to this point. I have solo healed Manslaughter easily. In CQ I regularly compete for top heals.

The build http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#4...i2y/Zn25lC4Eny

Some of the benefits
    Spotter's Call
    Command to Recover
    Command to Stand Ground
    Command to Attack
    spamable (20 meter range) debuff
    Bond of Alacrity
    Bond of Power
    Bond of Shelter
    Call of Kinship
    Call of Savagery
    Call of Stone
    ( please refer to Grinnz guide for over write and stacking http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-stacking.html)

along with these from Liberator
    Adrenaline Overdrive
    Counteract
    Ameliorate
    Neutralize
    Redress
    Soul Redemption

Macros I use;

ST Healing
    #show First Aid
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Quick Remedy
    cast First Aid

Group Heals
    #show Ameliorate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ameliorate
    cast Deliverance
    cast Group Assistance

ST Damage Builder
    #show Vicious Opportunity
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Vicious Opportunity
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Fierce Strike
    cast Persecute

ST Damage Finisher
    #show Brutal Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Brutal Strike
    cast Castigate

I also found it easy to keep Liberation Treatment and 3 stacks of Prolonged Recovery up on tank which together heal for over 2k a tic on average

I look forward to responses about specifics and exchanging ideas. sorry no time or responses for trolls

I believe macro'ing all that group healing stuff together is actually going to do more harm than good, honestly. You're going to want to use those things separately, when you need them, instead of just rotating through them.

I threw together my own Chlorochon-esque build a couple days after Liberator came out, but my results in experts on my meh-geared Warrior alt didn't really prove that successful. It might be I'm just not good at healing, rather than that the spec sucks. Here's mine, for reference, dubbed Beasterator by my GM: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Z...8kw/5kwhhk8g/3
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Seranov View Post
    I believe macro'ing all that group healing stuff together is actually going to do more harm than good, honestly. You're going to want to use those things separately, when you need them, instead of just rotating through them.

I threw together my own Chlorochon-esque build a couple days after Liberator came out, but my results in experts on my meh-geared Warrior alt didn't really prove that successful. It might be I'm just not good at healing, rather than that the spec sucks. Here's mine, for reference, dubbed Beasterator by my GM: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Z...8kw/5kwhhk8g/3
    the Macro is rather simple

Group Heals
    #show Ameliorate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ameliorate
    cast Deliverance
    cast Group Assistance

It fires Ameliorate for the damage reduction if not on CD
    Then either deliverance if flat footed or Group Assistance if on the move.

as far as your build without going 40 into beast master you omit Call of Savagery 5% group damage bonus

Healing as a general skill takes practice to get better at. don't give up

Quote Originally Posted by Currly View Post

Group Heals
    #show Ameliorate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ameliorate
    cast Deliverance
    cast Group Assistance

as far as your build without going 40 into beast master you omit Call of Savagery 5% group damage bonus

You shouldn't macro heals like that.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    You shouldn't macro heals like that.

Sorry you will have to be more specific. What, exactly, do you see as an issue?

Sorry you will have to be more specific. What, exactly, do you see as an issue?
    Wasting cds/attack points, better to just have all of them on seperate keys.

Group Heals
    #show Ameliorate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ameliorate
    cast Deliverance
    cast Group Assistance

I see what you're saying about Call of Savagery, and that is a very good point.

The only macros I have for the healing stuff for Liberator (both 61 and my hybrid spec) are ones that let me keep healing on the move (Fast Relief and First Aid in the same macro, for example). Anything else has a chance of preventing me from healing for far too long.

An example:

0.0 Seconds: Tank takes damage. I start casting Fast Relief.
    1.5 Seconds: Fast Relief goes off, tank gets healed to full. The whole group then takes some AoE damage. I hit Group Assistance to top everyone off.
    3.0 Seconds: Some more AoE damage happens, and the tank takes a big hit, too. I start casting Deliverance.
    4.5 Seconds: My Deliverence finishes casting and heals up everyone, but the tank is still in need of heals. I haven't healed him at all between 1.5 seconds and now. I can either start casting Fast Relief (which will be another 1.5 seconds before he gets any meaningful healing from me) or First Aid (which likely won't be enough).

In those three or more seconds, bad RNG or a boss mechanic can kill a tank. That's why you want to be able to make sure you always hit the right button that you need at the right time. Our HoTs can partially mitigate this, but it's not a sure thing.

Plane Touched

While you both make valid arguments for not macroing heals, I stand by limited healing macros for ease of use. By example; in my warden build I have 5 or 6 different healing macros. they are specific if A) is not available B) and some go 3 deep to a C) option. These allow me to stay on top of my movement, cleanses, raid assessment while healing. It may not be best for everyone but it certainly works for me.

The key to excellent healing (imho) is knowledge of fight, raid personnel, etc. I rely on KBM as much when healing as when tanking, if not more. Knowing what's coming prepares you to use major CD's. focus tank or group as needed.

btw personal note i play every class every role all t2 ready so macros go a long way to make my life easier.

I don't wish to dismiss your posts about healing via macros, but I would like to turn the conversation more toward the build if possible

I don't wish to dismiss your posts about healing via macros, but I would like to turn the conversation more toward the build if possible
    The build looks pretty straightforward. I am pretty sure that most hybrids of Lib and BM are going to be roughly somewhere between my 44/32 and your 36/40 in terms of point spread, but since the two souls have pretty much no synergy, it's going to really come down to personal preference. That's my biggest problem with this hybrid, and Liberator in general. Absolutely no synergy to be had.

An example of personal preference: I, personally, hate Ameliorate, so I'd leave it out even if I used your build. They did just buff it, though, so I'll have to see if they made it worth casting. Additionally, I feel the stuff I'd give up to get Call of Savagery (namely a ton of healing throughput) wouldn't really suit what I'd want this spec for.

For super-overgeared groups just tearing through experts, though, I bet this spec would be the bees knees.

So what you are saying Sera is that you wish you were a rogue where Physician and Tac synergize nicely :-P
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    So what you are saying Sera is that you wish you were a rogue where Physician and Tac synergize nicely :-P
    Shut up, Valk. I'll take away your donuts.

I was messing around with Ameliorate yesterday, and it's much better now. It's definitely worth having and using a lot.

You KNOW I had to go there...and PS...donuts are a sterotype...I prefer bagels or muffins...preferably blue berry or cinnamon chip
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    You KNOW I had to go there...and PS...donuts are a sterotype...I prefer bagels or muffins...preferably blue berry or cinnamon chip
    At the risk of hijacking my own thread; What country do they serve cinnamon chip. please pardon my ignorance

The United States has cinnamon chip muffins and scones...I am hopelessly addicted to both. I got the scones at Starbucks at all places...until they changed their pastry provider..now it is chocolate croissants there. In my area a supermarket called Wegeman's sells the muffins.
    Last edited by Galibier; 05-22-2014 at 08:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread