+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sparn's Warrior PVP Build 44 War/28 Pal/4 TMP UPDATED VERSION 2.0

Telaran

Default Sparn's Warrior PVP Build 44 War/28 Pal/4 TMP UPDATED VERSION 2.0

Version 2.0 has had changes to the soul tree and macros.

This is my PVP prefered build, and I only use a 61 Void Knight build sometimes for Conquest when requested to tank for a pre-made. This is also my prefered build for solo PVE content, as I can and have solo'd different level 52 elite bosses easily. Och and Kroch are actually fun!

In this old video I use a 2H weapon and am rank 84, but since have changed to using 2x1h because Chilling Rune (-15% speed debuff) can only be applied to 1h weapons. Check out the 7156 damage hit just after 3:05

I challenge any warrior to a one vs. one duel where we stand toe to toe and see which build is better - bring any equipment set you wish.

Pros:
    Some AE dps with two cooldown AE, Wave of Steel and Sweeping Strike followed by Tempest Offensive Blast, and Killing Field for a finisher.
    Good ST dps
    Excellent survivability

Cons:
    High power starvation
    Many macros and keys to keep track of

Highlights:

The bulk of the soul points spent have gone into damage. There are no points in Paladin Pacification because this build relies on Warlord's damaging abilities, and as little as possible the damaging abilities of the Paladin. You will notice that I put the least amount into Paladin just to get Shield of the Vengeful, a +25% bonus to dps. In warfronts I am not often debuffed, but when it does happen the only buff that needs to go back up is SotV, as Deadly Posture and Recovery Posture cannot be de-buffed and Enhanced Conductivity doesn't really matter.

I chose not to put a point in battlefield medic because it has an 8 second cooldown while healing for 282 health vs. Light's Balm heals for 278, that I have had heal for 1500+ in PVP, as an insta-cast due to 2 points in Resolution. This build gives me 43k+ health unbuffed, Touch of life gives me about 20k health instantly, and No Permission To Die gives me about 10k health back when I am struck by a killing blow, for a total of about 74k health - these can be silenced.

Disorient in the Warlord tree gives the AE War General's Order pull a +2% dmg bonus (and -2% dmg to you) to effected enemies, making killing field more effective in the Multi Target Finisher macro. When blocking, Invigoration from the Paladin tree stacks 5% damage from blocking up to 5 times for a +25% dmg bonus. I also use Battle Surge for the +25% dmg bonus - unfortunately you also take 10% more dmg - again, I went for overall dmg more than health/healing/dmg mitigation. I ignore Agressive Block because it does not raise my strength-capped block rating, with no shield.

It seems, at least with this build, if you drop 2 into a 3rd soul it adds 44 vengeance to your base, so 4 in Temp for Skyfall and Offensive Blast as well.

This build is best if you have a warlord synergy crystal (Calliope's Warlord Crystal or Calliope's Glowing Warlord Crystal)

Soul tree: 44 War / 28 Pal / 4 Tmp

Macros for keys:

Single Target Builder:
    cast break free
    cast piercing thrust
    cast Eye of the Storm
    cast Light's Hammer
    cast king of the hill
    cast a quick death
    cast retaliation
    cast Light's Vengeance
    cast backhand
    cast arterial strike
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast shock pulse

Multi Target Builder:
    cast break free
    cast wave of steel
    cast Eye of the Storm
    cast Light's Hammer
    cast sweeping strike
    cast Offensive Blast

Single Target Finisher:
    cast break free
    cast Breaking Blow
    cast Skyfall
    cast piercing thrust
    cast Eye of the Storm
    cast Light's Hammer
    cast king of the hill
    cast a quick death
    cast retaliation
    cast Light's Vengeance
    cast backhand
    cast arterial strike
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast shock pulse

Multi Target Finisher:
    cast break free
    cast General's Order
    cast Killing Field
    cast Breaking Blow
    cast Skyfall
    cast wave of steel
    cast Sweeping Strike
    cast Offensive Blast

Pull/Charge:
    cast break free
    cast @gtae mighty leap
    cast Sergeant's Order
    cast Righteous Charge
    cast Into the Breach
    cast @gtae Thunderous Leap
    cast shock pulse

(Mighty Leap is the Bahami racial trait)

AE Interupt/Charge and Single ranged Stun:
    cast break free
    cast @gtae Thunderous Leap
    cast Face Slam

Healing Macro:
    cast Touch of Life
    use stellar healing tonic
    cast Consuming Flame
    cast Renewing Seed
    cast Soul Crystal
    cast Break Free
    cast shock pulse

(Consuming Flame, Renewing Seed, and Soul Crystal are either buyable from the AH, or you can get them from Planar Attunement, which is where i use them from)

Healing #2 Macro:
    cast break free
    cast @self Light's Balm

Buffs on their own key:
    No Permission To Die, Face Slam, Battle Surge, and Charged Mirror.

Self Buffs:
    Deadly Posture, Recovery Posture, Shield of the Vengeful, Enhanced Conductivity

Consumables/Buffs:
    Blood Thirsty, Excellent Powersurge vial, Comfortable Insoles, Lightweight Riding Chaps, Mercenary's Oilstone (for a 2h weapon), Feast of Vengeance, and Battlemaster's Brew (grants +18 vengeance).

I use this for a single and multi builder when teamed with a healer:

Single Target Builder #2:
    cast break free
    cast piercing thrust
    cast Eye of the Storm
    cast Light's Hammer
    cast Guard
    cast king of the hill
    cast a quick death
    cast retaliation
    cast Light's Vengeance
    cast backhand
    cast arterial strike
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast shock pulse

Multi Target Builder #2:
    cast break free
    cast wave of steel
    cast Eye of the Storm
    cast Light's Hammer
    cast Guard
    cast sweeping strike
    cast Offensive Blast

This adds Guard (Planar Attunement Buff), assuming you have cast on target's target, which will take 25% dmg for 15 seconds with a 30 second cooldown. Coupled with Brother In Arms (Warlord tree) 15% 1 hour buff, this takes 40% dmg from your partner.

I would suggest using Guard as your default setup because the dmg you take from it counts as DPS.

Tip: get as much vengeance as you can. There are vengeance runes for all the PVP equipment. With this build I have 2043 vengeance unbuffed, rank 90.

Give me a tell in game if you need any help.

Characters: Sparn Hashashan Sendayar Fareye all@Deepwood.

Please check out my PVE Paragon/champion build over HERE.

Telaran

I was wrong about Agressive Block, I would suggest using it as indicated on its own key.

Telaran

Yeah I made a big mistake regarding block. I have changed the Paladin part of the soul tree to reflect more blocking by taking one point from Hardened Defenses, two points from Martial Shield and put all three into Steady Aggression. I have taken five points from Vengeful Wrath and put them into Stalwart Shield:

44 War/28 Pal/4 Tmp

Telaran

I changed Pull/Charge to include Aggressive Block and removed Thunderous Leap:

Pull/Charge:
    cast break free
    cast @gtae mighty leap
    cast Sergeant's Order
    cast Righteous Charge
    cast Into the Breach
    cast Aggressive Block
    cast shock pulse

Telaran

I should also add that since I am using 2x1h for PVP I have been using Mercenary's Weaponstone (critical hits have a chance of dealing 600 addition dmg) and have found that although they are expensive, they work very well.
    Last edited by John P; 05-28-2014 at 02:29 AM.

Shadowlander

Thank you for the guide. I am using the same build that you linked, and I can't seem to find Thunderous Leap anywhere. What am I doing wrong?

Telaran

War Planar Attunement first circle.

Telaran

This is the last time I plan to post here. There is an updated version 2.1 with a slightly different build on the paladin soul on Youtube. If anyone is interested, I have posted my build for Cleric, Rogue and Mage for PVP that are similar to this build, just look in my Youtube channel.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    This is the last time I plan to post here. There is an updated version 2.1 with a slightly different build on the paladin soul on Youtube. If anyone is interested, I have posted my build for Cleric, Rogue and Mage for PVP that are similar to this build, just look in my Youtube channel.
    I have updated my build for 3.0 please see the description in my youtube channel.
    Last edited by John P; 12-18-2014 at 05:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread