+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Lord Of Beasts~

Default Lord Of Beasts~

i've been running into some people that say beastmaster is good, but also some that say it sucks horribly...i think it is amazing for a support spec, and here is my build for y'all ^_^

lv 60 soul tree:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7/5kGal5iGGB8/8kk

macros:

macro 1 (main line)
    #show bull rush
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast bull rush
    cast twin cuts
    cast cunning ruse
    cast primal lucidity
    cast fierce strike

macro 2 (buff n aoe bleed)
    #show enrage
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast enrage
    cast cutting slash

macro 3 (commands & heal)
    #show command to recover
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast command to recover
    cast guardianship
    cast command to stand ground
    cast command to attack

skill rotation:
    macro 2 > macro 1 > tearing slash (basically start the fight with enrage and use cutting slash for a bleed, then unload with macro 1 til ap built up then use finisher and continue with macro 1)

buffs:
    bond of alacrity
    bond of power
    bond of shelter
    call of blood
    call of kinship
    call of savagery
    call of stone
    call of the forest
    recovery posture
    Wolfsbane: Bhfeice -- Lv 60 Rogue
    Faeblight: Aithri -- Lv 65 Warrior, Ardcheannas -- Lv 50+ Mage. Chiontu -- Lv 50+ Cleric
    ~~NO LONGER PLAYING RIFT DUE TO P2P EXPANSION~~

What is your dps?

think it was like 2.7k dps but my gear sucks hard x_x

oh and if you are after a dps build, why not use the tempest one i have up?
    Last edited by Aithri; 05-02-2014 at 07:04 AM.
    Faeblight: Aithri -- Lv 65 Warrior, Ardcheannas -- Lv 50+ Mage. Chiontu -- Lv 50+ Cleric

Sounds amazing

Ascendant

Cutting Slash is not AoE. So calling your Macro 2 "buff n aoe bleed" is misleading.

Macro'ing your commands means you can't use Command to attack until you've used all the other ones up, and considering they have a 5 min debuff, that's a bit of a nono.

Your not even mentioning Vicious blow, Messy wounds, Vicious Opportunity, and Brutal Strike, which are the skills that actually allow Beast master to do decent DPS.

Anybody that touches this guide is a failure as a beast master.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Cutting Slash is not AoE. So calling your Macro 2 "buff n aoe bleed" is misleading.

Macro'ing your commands means you can't use Command to attack until you've used all the other ones up, and considering they have a 5 min debuff, that's a bit of a nono.

Your not even mentioning Vicious blow, Messy wounds, Vicious Opportunity, and Brutal Strike, which are the skills that actually allow Beast master to do decent DPS.

regarding macro 2 on the aoe thing: yea i messed up, but i was doing my champ build and it was super early in the mornin when i did this guide =p
    commands: how the hell is that a nono? i see no reason why it would be <_< works excellent for me...js
    "dps" : its a SUPPORT SOUL you moron, its meant for SUPPORT....NOT DPS -.- smfh

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aithri View Post
    regarding macro 2 on the aoe thing: yea i messed up, but i was doing my champ build and it was super early in the mornin when i did this guide =p
    commands: how the hell is that a nono? i see no reason why it would be <_< works excellent for me...js

Intriguing.

Ascendant

Actually dangerous Bosses have this thing called an Enrage Timer. If you don't kill it fast enough, it gets all big and strong and kills everybody. So when your support that can pull 10k dps is only doing 5k, your in trouble. It's the difference between killing a 50million health raid boss, and hitting the enrage timer and failing.

As for the commands. You want to put up Command to attack. You mash the macro. All your commands go up, you can't use them again for another 5 minutes. 30 seconds later, Everybody in the raid takes a massive amount of damage. Oh look, this would be the time for one of your healing commands. To bad you can't use em for another 4 and a half minutes.

Same thing with just wanting to toss up you heal. That macro pops a 5 minute raid cool down just becasue you wanted to heal a little.

Yeah, it works fine "for you" Becasue you aren't fighting anything actually dangerous and just getting carried by the rest of your group if you are.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

ive been doin a bit of raiding, and ive never had any issues what-so-freaking-ever with how i do my own thing, if you dont like it, then dont ***** about it ok? its good once you actually know what ya doin -.- ugh

Ascendant

ive been doin a bit of raiding, and ive never had any issues what-so-freaking-ever with how i do my own thing, if you dont like it, then dont ***** about it ok? its good once you actually know what ya doin -.- ugh

I think the point here is that you are providing information that will in fact hold guilds back that are trying to progress regardless of how you see it. Guides should be written to provide the highest value to a player and their group. This one does not.

Just because it works for you does not mean it is the proper way to maximize capabilities and guides are meant to help players maximize their potential. This and your Tempest guide are seriously misleading and will only serve to lower someones value to their raid force/pvp group etc. if they actually follow it

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post

Lol did you even see that skill tree he skips vicious blow. I had a chuckle at that.

Also any beastmaster spec that isn't dipping into turn the blade is pretty funny.
    Zones@Sargeras
    RIP <Addiction>

"Me" "I" etc... Who are you? Does your name have any validation in the warrior community such that we can just bypass any argument and follow "works excellent for me...js" and run with it?

"Doin a lot of raiding" where? your pantry?

"its good once you actually know what ya doin -.- ugh" ya its good once someone realizes this is beyond useless to run when there are two comparable beastmaster DPS specs out there pulling nearly 13k DPS in expert gear compared to your "2.7 DPS" in a supposed raid AND do all the support aspect a BM needs to do.

And lastly, if you want to defend criticism, defend it with facts and coherent arguments not rubbish as "it works for me".
    Maybe every murder convict out there should rebut with "it worked for me" against court, instead of trying to plea with insanity, or self-defense, or what have you.

===
    And here's the tear down of this build:

1. The point distribution.
    - 58 (Call of the Forest) is pointless since auto-attacks these days do not matter to the extent that they could use a 7% delay and most relevant casts are either already reduced or instant, ergo the 7% cast time delay is pointless.
    Ergo the 4 points (since 54 Call of the Blood is important) could be better spent elsewhere
    - Vicious Blow? Your bread and butter builder when your don't need to use DoTs?
    - I'll let 5/5 in Soldier's Might and Strength of the Arms pass
    - But you realize 5/5 in Trained Defenses is worse than 5 points into any other DPS soul because you are losing on gifts and proper AP/WPN DPS modifiers that help your DPS and Support ability - Call of Kinship and Guardianship?
    - And 3/3 Tactical Advantage is not that great since it only affects builders and NOT finishers (which is kinda where your damage lies and that you need to use them proc your calls)
    - Also I thought this was a support spec, why are you getting "damage increase"s instead of "+AP"?

2. Your Macros
    Macro 1:
    - Bull rush in a macro? Really? Have you met Regulos yet?
    - Vicious Opportunity? O-GCD, free damage...
    - Messy Wounds? O-GCD, free damage boost

Macro 2:
    why

Macro 3:
    What Repster said

Skill rotation:
    - what "finisher" you didn't mention
    - how many times macro 2? is it once? or 3?
    - do you never use enrage ever again in a fight?

3. Commands need to be used as they are required and must be on separate buttons/keybinds/or shift modifiers. If you don't understand why, then you need to stop raiding and play Farmville.
    Lastly: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...rrior-dps.html

scroll down to # 9 and read up.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 05-02-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Shadowlander

I tried a BM build today, with the same souls as you, just different talents taken.

This build for BM is awesome for PvP. 2 charges, and a pull back, so your enemies can almost never get away.
    BM has a little healing to support, an array of buffs, and bleeds. And the pet can get pretty vicious at times.

In my opinion, the BM soul is the best support soul in the game. It actually makes a difference in your group.

Too bad us BM users never get recognized for our supporting, because we buff everyone else and then they brag about their DPS... how about we take our buffs off of you mr. Champion and see that DPS then... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    I think the point here is that you are providing information that will in fact hold guilds back that are trying to progress regardless of how you see it. Guides should be written to provide the highest value to a player and their group. This one does not.

Just because it works for you does not mean it is the proper way to maximize capabilities and guides are meant to help players maximize their potential. This and your Tempest guide are seriously misleading and will only serve to lower someones value to their raid force/pvp group etc. if they actually follow it
    QFT, 10char etc.

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post

2nded QFT. Sorry to be a Negative Nancy, but this is not a viable build for a raid spec. 2k dps? Even as a pure support spec, that's bad. I suck at warriors but even I know this.

We get a lot of people coming to the forums that say nary a word, but peruse the Guides subforums. I appreciate the OP trying to contribute to the community, but it's irresponsible to not own up to the fact that this is more than just a subpar build, it's an amateur build that has no place in a raid comp.

The graceful way out of this is not to respond with "F- you if you don't like it I raid with it etc", but to listen to the consistent feedback you are getting and maybe say "Hey all, thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll be looking into this soul a bit deeper and seeing where I can tighten it up. Thanks!"

And so on.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast