+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Here Comes The Storm~

Default Here Comes The Storm~

alright look, everyone i've talked to is always like "para is highest dps spec, stop being a noob" or "why would you use tempy when para gives highest dps"...I'm here to prove that they are wrong enjoy

this build focuses on such things as resistance bypass, damage over time, and last but not least: burst (just keep in mind that this build is NOT for aoe dmg, only st dmg)

below is what your skill tree should read by the time you are 60:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#29G4/Vkklgil54g/6hh0

k to start with here are the macros:

macro 1 (burst line)
    #show delayed pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast delayed pulse
    cast lightning torrent
    cast charged pulse
    cast double pulse
    cast shock pulse

macro 2 (dots)
    #show soul sickness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast soul sickness
    cast flamespear
    cast electricity blast

macro 3 (shield and heal)
    #show crest of the shadow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast crest of the shadow
    cast jolt

macro 4 (optional, just saves room on buff bar)
    #show binding of affliction
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast binding of affliction
    cast crest of the abyss

skill rotation:
    soul sickness, flamespear, electricity blast (via macro 2) > skyfall > delayed pulse & lightning torrent (via macro 1) > skyfall > last 3 skills on macro 1 (charged pulse, double pulse, & shock pulse)

note: somewhere in the "last 3 skills on macro 1" area, your dots will need refreshing
    note 2: do not forget about the shield/heal macro, it will save your life ^^

buffs:
    *macro 4*
    enhanced conductivity
    empower
    close training or electromagnetic shield
    storm blade

FOR THOSE IN RAIDS:
    use focused fire for 5% ranged crit for everyone (10% to you) and pew pew pew =p
    it helps to make it where you talk as you press the macro button (this macro not included in the guide, mainly because those that are doing raids already know this)

~This Build Brought To You By: Aithri@Wolfsbane~
    Wolfsbane: Bhfeice -- Lv 60 Rogue
    Faeblight: Aithri -- Lv 65 Warrior, Ardcheannas -- Lv 50+ Mage. Chiontu -- Lv 50+ Cleric
    ~~NO LONGER PLAYING RIFT DUE TO P2P EXPANSION~~

Soulwalker

There's certainly a storm coming, a ****storm of confusion for everyone who reads any of your guides.

4k less than 61 tempest, 5 min fight. Sorry.
    On a bright note, it's much easier than 61.(but a few dungeons w/ 61 and it's easy too)
    Erik
    Guild Leader of Silky Venom

www.silkyvenom.info

If you wanted throughput tempest dps, which any non 61 is, the 51/17 para is probably the best youre gonna get.

Also i see 0 arcs in the rotation wut.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 05-02-2014 at 09:40 AM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Ascendant

Goes far enough, but does not use Blood Fever.

Takes the shield from Reaver instead of Tempest, losing .5% damage. Is REALLY close to dual pulse and does not get it. Improved Jolt? What? Elemental touch is RIGHT THERE your not going 51 so why would you even care about going over 48...

Yeah... This is not gonna beat a proper tempest build, let alone Paragon. Here, lemme help you out a bit.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#2...VkkkAEl54g/6hg

1% less damage modifier but Elemental Touch which is far better then 1% damage, and a Ranged Interrupt over a weak Heal over time. Your suggesting this as a DPS spec, it should never have any need to heal itself, especially not with Jolt's pathetic Healing over time.

This'll do more dps, and be able to you know, not wipe the group in first boss of Exodus. Still won't come close to a proper spec.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Is this one of those Gimmicky PVP Builds?

@existance: its really not confusing if you are smart =p
    @erikian: really? weird, i tried that before too, but for me atleast, this build does more <_<
    @fiskerton: para sucks, sorry to break ya heart (yes i thoroughly tested it, mine hits higher dps) & i never really thought about it, might throw an arc in there and see if it rly boosts my dps or not *shrug*
    @repster
    -not a whole lot of need for blood fever because it just gets in the way, being a melee dot and all...
    -reaver shield > tempest shield (reaver absorbs more)
    -yes improved jolt, its saved me many times along with the reaver shield
    -didnt really see a need for elemental touch, might try it idk yet, depends if it boosts my dps or not
    -it already beat the 61 tempest and 61 para, tried them over and over, you are just stupid and ignorant *again, as stated above i tested other "high dps" builds and i beat them easy...so shush mk?
    -stop being rude kty
    @byaku
    it works in pvp yes, and works quite well i might add
    Last edited by Aithri; 05-02-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    Faeblight: Aithri -- Lv 65 Warrior, Ardcheannas -- Lv 50+ Mage. Chiontu -- Lv 50+ Cleric

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aithri View Post
    -it already beat the 61 tempest and 61 para, tried them over and over, you are just stupid and ignorant *again, as stated above i tested other "high dps" builds and i beat them easy...so shush mk?
    -stop being rude kty
    There's a difference between being bad at a spec, and the spec being worse.

Example. I pull 2k dps more in 48para/28warlord then 44para/32warlord. Why? I'm terrible at 32warlord. The very few rare times when I do get it right, 32warlord parses higher. It's not that your spec is better, it's not, it's that you find it easier to play. So you don't mess it up. So, yeah. Your just bad at 61temp if your parsing higher with this.

Your rotation up there uses Skyfall before charged pulse when that should be Arc. Which puts even less credibility to this spec being better then 61 temp. Of course you can beat 61 temp with this if you don't even understand that Arc before charged pulse will deal FAR more damage then skyfall could ever hope to. Becasue that means you aren't using Arc properly in 61 temp either.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    There's a difference between being bad at a spec, and the spec being worse.

Example. I pull 2k dps more in 48para/28warlord then 44para/32warlord. Why? I'm terrible at 32warlord. The very few rare times when I do get it right, 32warlord parses higher. It's not that your spec is better, it's not, it's that you find it easier to play. So you don't mess it up. So, yeah. Your just bad at 61temp if your parsing higher with this.

Your rotation up there uses Skyfall before charged pulse when that should be Arc. Which puts even less credibility to this spec being better then 61 temp. Of course you can beat 61 temp with this if you don't even understand that Arc before charged pulse will deal FAR more damage then skyfall could ever hope to. Becasue that means you aren't using Arc properly in 61 temp either.
    what part of "thoroughly tested" do you not understand? hm?

Ascendant

what part of "thoroughly tested" do you not understand? hm?
    I suppose everyone else that tested is wrong? This makes sense.

Ascendant

"thoroughly tested" while bad, is still being bad.

possibly could be tested wrong idk, if they really wanna be good with it id show them how in game, but yea doubt they even care and will continue their elitist bs until further notice

lol rep? really? im not a bad player =p get off my post kty
    Last edited by Aithri; 05-02-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Ascendant

Not saying your a bad player. Saying your bad at 61 temp. 's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Not saying your a bad player. Saying your bad at 61 temp. 's a difference.
    Why are we sugarcoating this.

You are bad Aithri, please stop posting these useless guides and wasting forum space.
    Post them in discussion and we can talk about it.
    You are bad because you think this build without ARC is going to outparse 61 Tempest, or even my Beastmaster build for that matter.

Quote: para sucks, sorry to break ya heart (yes i thoroughly tested it, mine hits higher dps) & i never really thought about it, might throw an arc in there and see if it rly boosts my dps or not *shrug*
    (I am laughing too hard at this, I am sorry)

If you want to prove yourself and this build, get PTS - you and me will both go in, get a T2 gear set (so we both have equal gear) and we'll both parse on the dummy.
    Prove me wrong and I'll delete my account and before I do, I'll kiss your feet and +1 every single post you've ever made.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 05-02-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Soulwalker

@existance: its really not confusing if you are smart =p
    Your posts make my eyes bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    Why are we sugarcoating this.

You are bad Aithri, please stop posting these useless guides and wasting forum space.
    Post them in discussion and we can talk about it.
    You are bad because you think this build without ARC is going to outparse 61 Tempest, or even my Beastmaster build for that matter.

If you want to prove yourself and this build, get PTS - you and me will both go in, get a T2 gear set (so we both have equal gear) and we'll both parse on the dummy.
    Prove me wrong and I'll delete my account and before I do, I'll kiss your feet and +1 every single post you've ever made.
    Truth.

If you're going to claim you know what on earth you're on about you should be sure. If not like said here, try discussing it first. This spec is bad. The other two you posted were bad, you had a charge at the top of a builder macro, GL With Regulos/Thrax. Not to mention the other multiple things wrong with the specs/macros/rotations posted.
    Last edited by Existance; 05-02-2014 at 03:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast