+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sugoijason

Thread: [2.6] Warlord PVP: Highest DPS/Survival

Soulwalker

Default [2.6] Warlord PVP: Highest DPS/Survival

Rice’s Enhanced Guide
    For Warlord PVP

(If you don’t read everything, you will be missing something)

This is somewhat of a revised version of my last guide, “"Fixed" Highest sustained DPS 61WL/7RB/8CHMP”. If you liked the last guide, or thought that it needed a little more; well here it is.

After some play time and receiving feedback from others that have seen my guide, I have come up with a new play style that incorporates better macros, burst strategies, and how to apply de-buffs faster and easier. I hope you will read this guide and take something from it instead of just copying and pasting the macros only to fail at getting burst and don’t understand when or why to do something only to go back to go back to your old build.

Index
    • Magelo’s soul calculator for WL/CHMP/RB
    • Pros & Cons
    • Reasons why WL/CHMP/RB
    • Sub-Souls’ abilities
    • Buffs
    • Macros
    • Play style and tips

The soul builds:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#2...GGGGGliGg/7gCw

Pros:

Good health pool, Burst, Maneuverability, high energy levels, run faster, aoe debuff/bleed, good pressure against heals, self-healing, self-battle res, PVE and AOE farm compatible, and super fun to play

Cons:

Position dependent, burst is less than paragon, easily focused, constant need to refresh surges, no stun/disarm.

The reason I am still promoting WL/CHMP/RB build:

This build has the best of what makes warriors fun: energy sustainability, survival, mobility, and burst. This build will generate more up time, overall kills/DPS, and fun. This is done through the Surging Energy (RB) and Grim Satisfaction (CHMP) abilities. If you just go by %, then every two hits will cost 25% less and every 5 hits will generate 4 energy. Add that to your combat energy regeneration and you should be able to stay on a target with almost zero downtime. The more energy you have, the more abilities per minutes you are able to use.

CHARGE! CHARGE! CHARGE!

You get 3 charges that will not only damage and root your targets, but will activate some of your best attacks and reactive abilities available to you. You will notice that every time you want to charge; it will be up and you will stay on your target. I see people’s tells in WF’s saying stuff like, “Damn, charge much” or “WTF, how???” I feel it is better to have a charge that will root someone so I can be on them again and will definitely use 30% of the time, than a shock that I will most likely only use 10% of the time. Also, after not having points in the Tempest tree, the air damage is mitigated more than physical damage is.

Why Icy Burst finisher?

Not much compares to a Warlord’s Killing Field paired with the builders, but when Battlefield Experience is up and Killing Field is going there are a few occasions that you still have a few seconds left on KF and have 3 builder points and high energy. This is where I chose the RB finisher Icy Burst. Icy Burst is does decent damage and is off the GCD, so that is why I chose it for the burst finisher. It hits for about 60% of Breaking Blow, but is instantly applied to your King of the Hill to ultimately doing about 1/3 more damage per second than any other finisher at your disposal. This is also good for 1v1 duels and when performing your initial charge at a target. I also skip Killing Field if I’m in normal rotation and about to kill a target while either KotH or DS are off CD.

Battlefield Experience Rotation Example: (Assuming surges and KF are up)

PT, DS, PT, IB, KotH, PT, DS, KF, PT, DS, PT IB, KotH or 1113311211133112

This rotation will keep killing field up and allow a good burst.

Switched point in Champion tree:

I took one point out of grim satisfaction and put it into Savage Sweep because you will still generate 4 energy every five hits with only 2 points in it. The reason why: Spammable AEO

On top of having an extra situational AOE to add in with bigger group fights, this will help with rogues and stealth mages. It hits and bleeds, so if a rogue is stealth, it brings them out and if they slip away on you; you are able to apply a bleed that will bring him out of stealth after his 3 sec are up and sometimes kill them. Think of this strategy as fishing. As soon as a point pops; it is like getting a bite and you need to be ready to react fast. From this point I would apply and Defensive Maneuver to avoid getting burst from stealth. If you have Killing Field up, pop it too.

Buffs:

Deadly Posture (10%crit)
    Ready Posture (15%dps, +5% heals/crit dps, and -5%ability cost)
    Soldier's Bearing (3%dps)
    Avatar of Wind (10% run speed and 3% dodge)
    Storm Blade (40% to proc air dmg on hit)
    Killing Spree
    Bloodthirsty
    Planar protection
    Mark of Inevitability (20yd aoe debuff -3600armor; affects up to 10)
    Guarding abilities (both transfer 15% dmg to you):
    Brothers in Arms
    Guard (war attunement ability)
    Keep Surges running at all times!!!
    Battle Surge (+20% damage , + 5%heals received)
    Tactical Surge (+25%weapon and attack power, +10%damage taken)
    Get Karuul's alert addon for any buff you want to track
    http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/karuulalert
    I track Surges, all buffs, DS, KOTH, Forced March, and time left on KF & BF Exp.
    This will help you to time cool downs and energy better to get the most out of your burst and

Note:

Surges may and usually are best used with less combo points when dps is needed faster. You will have time later in your rotation to work them into their 3 point rotations.

I will start this section with some of the most essential macros in pvp and is still useful in pve. I recommend making hotkeys for these commands:

/focus @target (focus current target) usually works fine
    /target @focustarget (targets your focus)
    /cast @focustarget (Good for pulling melee off heals)
    Turn on “cast on target’s target” in the interface menu to cast easily on your focus’s target.

Builder:

#show king of the hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust (no GCD)
    cast Decisive Strike (refreshes and activates Piercing Thrust)
    cast King of the Hill (activates passive: Advanced planning)
    cast Wave of Steel (no GCD, AOE) very low cost
    cast A Quick Death (activates only if the target is below 30%)
    cast Empowering Strike (decent damage, main builder)
    cast Backhand (no GCD)
    cast Arterial Strike (no GCD)
    cast Eye of the Storm (no GCD)
    cast Battlefield Medic (no GCD)

I put Piercing Thrust and Decisive Strike at the front of the macro because they work really well together and I also Eye of the Storm on any target I am on and Battlefield Medic to survive constantly, so I decided to macro it into the builder to save time. This spec allows for extra abilities in the builder because of the high energy levels.

Optional/dueling builder:

#show king of the hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast King of the Hill
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Battlefield Medic

Finisher 1:

#show Killing Field
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Killing field
    cast Breaking Blow

Finisher 2:

#show Icy Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Icy Burst
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike

Pull:

#show Sergeant's Order
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sergeant's Order
    cast General's Order

Charge:

#show Clear the Breach
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Clear the Breach
    cast Into the Breach
    cast Bull’s Rush

Interrupt:

#show Neck Punch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Neck Punch
    cast Thunderous Leap (20m interrupt)
    cast @mouseover Thunderous Leap (for jumping to ally or foe)

AOE debuff/bleed:

#show Mark of Inevitability
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Mark of Inevitability (No GCD)
    cast Savage Sweep
    Note: double click this macro while charging to a target for best usage and keep Savage Sweep on its own key to save energy when spamming stealth players.

Guard /Brother in Arms:

#show Brother in Arms
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Brother in Arms
    cast Guard

The abilities I have on my action bar are:
    Savage sweep, Battle and Tactical Surges, Battlefield Experience, No permission to die, General’s Order, Defensive Maneuver, Forced March and the various other rift stuff (mount, pet, consumables).

I know there are a lot of buttons, but the build is really easy to play. You could most likely get by with a few of the macros and abilities, but you will really be missing out on either utility or dps. Pretty much any warrior build involves a lot of buttons, so this should be fine.

I usually start Warfronts by marking whatever heals I can see (determined by buffs) and start by pulling in the weakest healer and go nuts. I haven't seen many heals that can live through my burst unless they have full cd's or other heals/people training me with dps/cc. There are the really geared healers, so watch and hard switch to a weaker heals (hard switching is waiting for CD’s, then bursting the other healer that does not expect it).

A good practice is to use pulls first then use charges to follow up as they try to run. This will help keep you from being in the middle of a group. Always pull/charge enemies to enable full use of your reactive attacks/abilities.

Tactical Advance is a passive reactive ability in the Warlord tree that allows for charge abilities to reset the CD for Defensive Maneuver, Sergeant’s Order, and Battlefield Medic. This is great for gaining ground on the battlefield and to commit a hasty retreat. This means, that if you are lucky and set up correctly; you can Defensive Maneuver out after grabbing a crystal or when about to die, then charge to an enemy (58meters max in 2.5sec). As soon as you do this, you can do it again and again as your charges are up every five seconds.

The only way this will not work, is if you are out of enemies. If so, then you have 2 options:

1. This is where keeping your Thunderous Leap ability separate from your charge macro comes in handy. Thunderous Leap will allow you to jump 20 meters to an ally or an enemy. This is in your war attunement tree and is put into your interrupt macro as @mouseover to enable you to spam click while targeting. Do not bypass this trick because it is not only a life saver, but a game winner.

2. On the final charge into defensive maneuver target, perform defensive maneuver and when you are about 20m away; pull the target you charged with you when you. This will allow you to charge the target again and defensive maneuver another 30m. This will not work again as charge effects enemies for a few seconds and cannot be used again immediately from any source.

Tip:

Change number pad key binds to mark heals with the green crosses for 1-4 and clover on 5 and I put 8&9 as skull and tank symbols with the 7 as arrow for dominators. This makes for easier singling out of heals/other rolls and will lead to a higher win/loss ratio. A green cross is much easier to see than a white number that blends in with everything. The same can be done for other hotkeys to add pictures or numbers to group members.

Note:

This guide is not meant to promote the following build, but here is another good option for those of you that want a bit more control and know when to use stuns in WF’s. This is good, but if you do not plan correctly, you may miss a lot of energy and an opportunity to kill because of it.

That being said; here is the build:

61WL/11RB/4CHMP Build: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7u/8kGGGGGGliGg/2gEw

Builder change:

#show king of the hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast King of the Hill
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Flamespear

Charge macro change:

#show Clear the Breach
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Clear the Breach
    cast Into the Breach

To help fix the issue with no cc; you may opt for putting 11 points in RB for the Windspear ability that stuns for 3 sec. You will have a little less energy and no AOE debuff/bleed, but the stun will definitely help you down someone through the last 20% of their health with ease or allow enough time for you to get away from a zerg without dying.

Either build is preference. Try both and see what you like more. does seem to be the case so far, but I will keep testing. Please let me know what you come up with too.

Also, I know some of you like the added attack of the paragon’s tree. So I am putting a variation build that plays the same as this build, but no third charge and is not recommended for anything other than duels or non-kiting targets.

61WL/11RB/4PARA Build: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#3f/8kGGGGGGliGg/2gEw
    It can be a good heal killer if you are good at timing CD’s. This will make your builders (3/4 dps) hit harder. I find it to be better with a 2h weapon because your attacks

Way of the River (3% crit)
    5points Teaching of the five Rings (builders hit 10% harder)
    Elemental Empowerment (6% damage increase)
    Windspear (a ranged stun)
    Flamespear (ranged DOT/builder)
    Rising Waterfall (Follows any other builder, better than ES)

The Builder Change:

#show king of the hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast King of the Hill
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Flamespear

Finsher#2 Change:

#show Icy Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Icy Burst
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike

Out of all three Builds, I prefer the first because of the charges, aoe abilities, and higher energy. I still play the other two specs often; it really depends on the team. Please reply something in response to this guide if you like so I will see what you think and if I should keep it updated or not.

If you do not agree with something I put in guide; please at least have tested it and know what you are talking about when leaving comments. The comments in my last guide were good and I learned a lot from further testing and reading the input, but some were inaccurate and not well thought out to say the least. I know this build / guide are not perfect, so feedback will help out a lot.

Keep reading comments to see anything else that I or anyone else has
    Last edited by Sugoijason; 04-18-2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: accidentally posted before complete

Plane Touched

First of all, thanks for this guide. My warrior is only 47 level, but I have tried a full Warlord build (as much as I can get it at this level), and here are my ideas:

Macro. For the builder I found it extremely useful to show exactly the last item (Shock Pulse, or Empowering Strike - whatever you have). Why? Because when an Off-GCD ability has been fired, you can instantly see it on the macro button - it gets active the same moment, and look no further! I also use different ability orders on macros and I keep healing, AoE and Single Target attacks separately, but that is more personal.

15 points, those not in Warlord. I have not noticed energy issues, but I have more position ones, so I put 11 points into Tempest and 4 into Paragon to get ranged attacks and other goodies. I also considered 11 T + 4 Ch, 15 T, 12 Pal + 3 T etc. By the way, with all those points in Tempest, Shock Pulse hits stronger than Empowering Strike..
    Last edited by Dyak; 04-24-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Rift Master

Very cool spec. Have tried it out in warfronts & it works a treat. TY for posting
    misunderstanding the nature of statistics: (e.g., the majority of people in the United States die in hospitals, therefore, stay out of them.) "Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive." -- Wallace Irwin

Soulwalker

Default Update on my guide.

First off, thank you all for viewing my guide and I especially appreciate the comments. I would like to see more. I want this game to be fun and still be easy. I know macros are difficult at first and a new spec is tough, so I am doing my best to help.

I have been using the third spec with the 2h axe. This is so far the highest output, but you lose some energy. This is fine because you hit slower and harder. 2h takes some time to get used to, but you will love it. The Builder is messed up, I apologize for that. The new one is as follows:

#show king of the hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Wave of Steel
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Backhand
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Eye of the Storm
    cast Flamespear

I am going to mess with this and possibly put my follow up attack more to the front of my macro, but I am not sure if that is necessary.

Also, an optional charge macro to keep up with your targets easier could be:

#show Clear the Breach
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Clear the Breach
    cast Into the Breach
    cast @gtae Thunderous Leap

Thunderous Leap is not a charge, but it will get you to your target if within 20m. and will do aoe dps and interrupt. I love still having 3 charges and putting out a ton of dps.

For the finisher, just use the one I posted and keep Killing Field on its own button and use as originally posted in the guide. This is because you will most likely always do more dps with the IB/builder combo vs. Breaking blow. Only use BB if you want the extra 5% dps on your target, but you most likely wont need it.

Some people I have talked to are having trouble with Karuul's Alert. I am posting my setup. All you will have to do is copy and paste into the import portion of Karuul's alert. Hit file > import set > paste. You will have everything set up in a good working order. The same as I do. I like everything right where I can see it, so if you do not; just edit layout and move wherever you like. The most important thing is that you have the alerts.

Karuul's Alert:

KA::A5kjEeNqlVtuOmzAQ/RV+oK2NDdjiyYZYrapWVTbVvqxkecFJUAhEhmwaqRfIZdmk6Ur QuU8OMxofM5cji1N25bWe9i6hY1xPIs3pdlbB1t1WPK1XahEpn wiOFUhQ4mcxOjkiGBNi3kbp6Y1n55+fnkyz0VZtHtdZHXVPDmw Na0pV9ZpOKEyTjs73y6sRlibj3nexJiQKCaRH1PWTCsOJl8n02 m3Q4fFkGAcHb+fPgXHk5Xv49A54Utc2ya2NdYavshtLsFaU3nk IpIlEa8UiEFDFFB5NbWVtpu7dHGn5IYsLCkTRSmxVN8QIZb12x usLvnD***BVsGJ+FDCaTLhIcHAl7Ys54Wz+rk0uW2gFkcKiOGY Uj6SwteiLItq4akuw30FuHaAvCd+KolSSKpI4GQwJ1xZe3yD6t jPH0o6YUBYWMZPJq9V8+9dmm9KSTa9Q3GGx+Bw8hPCAmFUCwMK BnMY2OcWdSV3pm9rucaQmrXhfxbD4wIUMJ0dEEg2SesnyFXfU3 1xkcoKfxIJiKVCU4ZDu4ti151NTnxWULI85z7EYppMHbOxQuc6 jqoj0WV91XmxkNQn1GEKAp8TrnP+WAiC1uBOGT6BX5wZkDZrSr yNgpf8hMmR9GoDRr29Rb1y9VvX5VXdl3OBStXZ8JOGta6KPDjC N6gc742NF4aGu39mSnF325f20GXVI0YpwFKQoRAzvoGZZZ6ude bHkNM0+59sqxrSlnvfjMuWfVm+sgslkpTigKUEqTANkztQm7ze wRS7jX6+5JoHZKwMQfs2G2tc38BejCLgMqEpoFZCBJLiwYjhIs 7sWWMYwBwNdWpNvvd+1E27db2Nce0Amo8VzGTiJzSQSuK7xcV1 8fTmGO988aKuSjom9fk5bscbjygUwhOU0ykEin1MbubRH4IeM2 CkP9SlpnJ2gJU498vuhsP0PkoYklIuAQKBA9/0+XGrTTsWlNUa1u1l+cDRnD54nEM/gB6CzBT

Soulwalker

Default Positional Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Dyak View Post
    First of all, thanks for this guide. My warrior is only 47 level, but I have tried a full Warlord build (as much as I can get it at this level), and here are my ideas:

Macro. For the builder I found it extremely useful to show exactly the last item (Shock Pulse, or Empowering Strike - whatever you have). Why? Because when an Off-GCD ability has been fired, you can instantly see it on the macro button - it gets active the same moment, and look no further! I also use different ability orders on macros and I keep healing, AoE and Single Target attacks separately, but that is more personal.

15 points, those not in Warlord. I have not noticed energy issues, but I have more position ones, so I put 11 points into Tempest and 4 into Paragon to get ranged attacks and other goodies. I also considered 11 T + 4 Ch, 15 T, 12 Pal + 3 T etc. By the way, with all those points in Tempest, Shock Pulse hits stronger than Empowering Strike..
    You are not level 60 yet, but once you are; you will see the full potential of the Warlord spec. That being said...

Positional issues may be from not paying attention to your charge and pull CD's. As a Warlord, there is no reason a target should get away unless they are a marksman or something. You have 2 WL pulls and 2 WL charges alone. Add all the rest from my spec and you will never lose a target. Get used to using your pulls and charges frequently. They will almost be part of your rotation.

Soulwalker

Default 2.7 Changes for WL/RB/CH

The best change of all is that with having 4 charges and you leap, is that now those 4 charges break movement impairing effects. This only makes this spec better and help to stay on your target. Honestly, I think that the third spec of WL/Para/RB is best now that it breaks root/snare. You will get more dps and have the stun for your killing blow.

I am leveling my rogue for now; I will have a healing guide for that in the future. As for my warrior, I have gone paragon to help with all the crazy heals that are going on in the 2.7 patch.
    I will see about getting a guide together for that when I finish leveling my rogue. I will make a healing guide for my rogue when I hit 60 to make sure that the build I want is cohesive. Well, GL and take care.

Soulwalker

Default Pragon stun is better.

Sure Windpear is 20m range, but the Paragon stun is now a 5sec debilitate. This is harder to time and even make contact on your target, but once you get the hang of it, you will be killing heals in only a few seconds. This is the only update I will be posting until the new warrior trees come out. The tank souls are to have more user friendly low tier abilities, so I am looking forward that. Also, Reaver is becoming a DPS spec and is supposed to mirror Warlord in a way, but will be dots instead of direct damage. I will look into a spec for that to add to overall carnage for these builds. Thanks for reading and I hope you all are enjoying these builds. I have spoke to many warriors that have adopted this guide and they still parse higher for burst on this build because of the icy burst finisher combined with king of the hill. See you all soon

Rift Chaser

warlord isnt highest dps.

Not a fan of having so many skills in one macro. Not for me this one. Good luck
    Vendetta
    Rank 8
    ------------------------------------
    Kronous
    Expletus

Soulwalker

Default Warlord PVP

Really like your write up, even if I never could get this down in PvP I am so impressed with your attention to the details.....you know what I'm talking about.....the stuff that some of us never get unless some of you all give it up to us. Believe me there are some of us that still pay attention even if does take 5 years to grab all the tidbits!!

I have never played full-on Warlord in this game even though I sport a warrior as a main and I'm here at your post (07-18-14) disgusted with the lack of survivability for every warrior build that I have. I must say though this has gotta be for someone who's still young, or the **** addict who loves to spam the keys faster and faster, or I don't know!! Us old fogies might learn it just prior to Rift re-vamping warrior all over again (story of my life in Rift).

I'm gonna give it a go though...what choice do I have if I wanna solo anything!! I was wondering though if perhaps you could send me an email, Skype, etc, ? I have some more detailed questions about how you manage your surges and such. I have some ideas but after reading your guide here like 3 times, first time swiftly, second and third time very intently and slowly....I promptly tossed a bunch of my macros, re-did a couple, we'll just leave it at that.

So, if you're still around......
    I think you can reach me at: landsharrk@comcast.net and Skype: landsharrk

PS I know it says "Numnuts" for the username!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugoijason View Post
    Riceís Enhanced Guide
    For Warlord PVP

(If you donít read everything, you will be missing something)

This is somewhat of a revised version of my last guide, ď"Fixed" Highest sustained DPS 61WL/7RB/8CHMPĒ. If you liked the last guide, or thought that it needed a little more; well here it is.

After some play time and receiving feedback from others that have seen my guide, I have come up with a new play style that incorporates better macros, burst strategies, and how to apply de-buffs faster and easier. I hope you will read this guide and take something from it instead of just copying and pasting the macros only to fail at getting burst and donít understand when or why to do something only to go back to go back to your old build.

Index
    • Mageloís soul calculator for WL/CHMP/RB
    • Pros & Cons
    • Reasons why WL/CHMP/RB
    • Sub-Soulsí abilities
    • Buffs
    • Macros
    • Play style and tips

The soul builds:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#2...GGGGGliGg/7gCw

Pros:

Good health pool, Burst, Maneuverability, high energy levels, run faster, aoe debuff/bleed, good pressure against heals, self-healing, self-battle res, PVE and AOE farm compatible, and super fun to play

Cons:

Position dependent, burst is less than paragon, easily focused, constant need to refresh surges, no stun/disarm.

The reason I am still promoting WL/CHMP/RB build:

This build has the best of what makes warriors fun: energy sustainability, survival, mobility, and burst. This build will generate more up time, overall kills/DPS, and fun. This is done through the Surging Energy (RB) and Grim Satisfaction (CHMP) abilities. If you just go by %, then every two hits will cost 25% less and every 5 hits will generate 4 energy. Add that to your combat energy regeneration and you should be able to stay on a target with almost zero downtime. The more energy you have, the more abilities per minutes you are able to use.

CHARGE! CHARGE! CHARGE!

You get 3 charges that will not only damage and root your targets, but will activate some of your best attacks and reactive abilities available to you. You will notice that every time you want to charge; it will be up and you will stay on your target. I see peopleís tells in WFís saying stuff like, ďDamn, charge muchĒ or ďWTF, how???Ē I feel it is better to have a charge that will root someone so I can be on them again and will definitely use 30% of the time, than a shock that I will most likely only use 10% of the time. Also, after not having points in the Tempest tree, the air damage is mitigated more than physical damage is.

Why Icy Burst finisher?

Not much compares to a Warlordís Killing Field paired with the builders, but when Battlefield Experience is up and Killing Field is going there are a few occasions that you still have a few seconds left on KF and have 3 builder points and high energy. This is where I chose the RB finisher Icy Burst. Icy Burst is does decent damage and is off the GCD, so that is why I chose it for the burst finisher. It hits for about 60% of Breaking Blow, but is instantly applied to your King of the Hill to ultimately doing about 1/3 more damage per second than any other finisher at your disposal. This is also good for 1v1 duels and when performing your initial charge at a target. I also skip Killing Field if Iím in normal rotation and about to kill a target while either KotH or DS are off CD.

Battlefield Experience Rotation Example: (Assuming surges and KF are up)

PT, DS, PT, IB, KotH, PT, DS, KF, PT, DS, PT IB, KotH or 1113311211133112

This rotation will keep killing field up and allow a good burst.

Switched point in Champion tree:

I took one point out of grim satisfaction and put it into Savage Sweep because you will still generate 4 energy every five hits with only 2 points in it. The reason why: Spammable AEO

On top of having an extra situational AOE to add in with bigger group fights, this will help with rogues and stealth mages. It hits and bleeds, so if a rogue is stealth, it brings them out and if they slip away on you; you are able to apply a bleed that will bring him out of stealth after his 3 sec are up and sometimes kill them. Think of this strategy as fishing. As soon as a point pops; it is like getting a bite and you need to be ready to react fast. From this point I would apply and Defensive Maneuver to avoid getting burst from stealth. If you have Killing Field up, pop it too.

Buffs:

Deadly Posture (10%crit)
    Ready Posture (15%dps, +5% heals/crit dps, and -5%ability cost)
    Soldier's Bearing (3%dps)
    Avatar of Wind (10% run speed and 3% dodge)
    Storm Blade (40% to proc air dmg on hit)
    Killing Spree
    Bloodthirsty
    Planar protection
    Mark of Inevitability (20yd aoe debuff -3600armor; affects up to 10)
    Guarding abilities (both transfer 15% dmg to you):
    Brothers in Arms
    Guard (war attunement ability)
    Battle Surge (+20% damage , + 5%heals received)
    Tactical Surge (+25%weapon and attack power, +10%damage taken)
    Get Karuul's alert addon for any buff you want to track
    http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/karuulalert
    I track Surges, all buffs, DS, KOTH, Forced March, and time left on KF & BF Exp.
    This will help you to time cool downs and energy better to get the most out of your burst and

Note:

Surges may and usually are best used with less combo points when dps is needed faster. You will have time later in your rotation to work them into their 3 point rotations.

I will start this section with some of the most essential macros in pvp and is still useful in pve. I recommend making hotkeys for these commands:

/focus @target (focus current target) usually works fine
    /target @focustarget (targets your focus)
    /cast @focustarget (Good for pulling melee off heals)
    Turn on ďcast on targetís targetĒ in the interface menu to cast easily on your focusís target.

Builder:

#show king of the hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust (no GCD)
    cast Decisive Strike (refreshes and activates Piercing Thrust)
    cast King of the Hill (activates passive: Advanced planning)
    cast Wave of Steel (no GCD, AOE) very low cost
    cast A Quick Death (activates only if the target is below 30%)
    cast Empowering Strike (decent damage, main builder)
    cast Backhand (no GCD)
    cast Arterial Strike (no GCD)
    cast Eye of the Storm (no GCD)
    cast Battlefield Medic (no GCD)

I put Piercing Thrust and Decisive Strike at the front of the macro because they work really well together and I also Eye of the Storm on any target I am on and Battlefield Medic to survive constantly, so I decided to macro it into the builder to save time. This spec allows for extra abilities in the builder because of the high energy levels.

Optional/dueling builder:

#show king of the hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast King of the Hill
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Battlefield Medic

Finisher 1:

#show Killing Field
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Killing field
    cast Breaking Blow

Finisher 2:

#show Icy Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Icy Burst
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike

Pull:

#show Sergeant's Order
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sergeant's Order
    cast General's Order

Charge:

#show Clear the Breach
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Clear the Breach
    cast Into the Breach
    cast Bullís Rush

Interrupt:

#show Neck Punch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Neck Punch
    cast Thunderous Leap (20m interrupt)
    cast @mouseover Thunderous Leap (for jumping to ally or foe)

AOE debuff/bleed:

#show Mark of Inevitability
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Mark of Inevitability (No GCD)
    cast Savage Sweep
    Note: double click this macro while charging to a target for best usage and keep Savage Sweep on its own key to save energy when spamming stealth players.

Guard /Brother in Arms:

#show Brother in Arms
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Brother in Arms
    cast Guard

The abilities I have on my action bar are:
    Savage sweep, Battle and Tactical Surges, Battlefield Experience, No permission to die, Generalís Order, Defensive Maneuver, Forced March and the various other rift stuff (mount, pet, consumables).

I know there are a lot of buttons, but the build is really easy to play. You could most likely get by with a few of the macros and abilities, but you will really be missing out on either utility or dps. Pretty much any warrior build involves a lot of buttons, so this should be fine.

I usually start Warfronts by marking whatever heals I can see (determined by buffs) and start by pulling in the weakest healer and go nuts. I haven't seen many heals that can live through my burst unless they have full cd's or other heals/people training me with dps/cc. There are the really geared healers, so watch and hard switch to a weaker heals (hard switching is waiting for CDís, then bursting the other healer that does not expect it).

A good practice is to use pulls first then use charges to follow up as they try to run. This will help keep you from being in the middle of a group. Always pull/charge enemies to enable full use of your reactive attacks/abilities.

Tactical Advance is a passive reactive ability in the Warlord tree that allows for charge abilities to reset the CD for Defensive Maneuver, Sergeantís Order, and Battlefield Medic. This is great for gaining ground on the battlefield and to commit a hasty retreat. This means, that if you are lucky and set up correctly; you can Defensive Maneuver out after grabbing a crystal or when about to die, then charge to an enemy (58meters max in 2.5sec). As soon as you do this, you can do it again and again as your charges are up every five seconds.

The only way this will not work, is if you are out of enemies. If so, then you have 2 options:

1. This is where keeping your Thunderous Leap ability separate from your charge macro comes in handy. Thunderous Leap will allow you to jump 20 meters to an ally or an enemy. This is in your war attunement tree and is put into your interrupt macro as @mouseover to enable you to spam click while targeting. Do not bypass this trick because it is not only a life saver, but a game winner.

2. On the final charge into defensive maneuver target, perform defensive maneuver and when you are about 20m away; pull the target you charged with you when you. This will allow you to charge the target again and defensive maneuver another 30m. This will not work again as charge effects enemies for a few seconds and cannot be used again immediately from any source.

Tip:

Change number pad key binds to mark heals with the green crosses for 1-4 and clover on 5 and I put 8&9 as skull and tank symbols with the 7 as arrow for dominators. This makes for easier singling out of heals/other rolls and will lead to a higher win/loss ratio. A green cross is much easier to see than a white number that blends in with everything. The same can be done for other hotkeys to add pictures or numbers to group members.

Note:

This guide is not meant to promote the following build, but here is another good option for those of you that want a bit more control and know when to use stuns in WFís. This is good, but if you do not plan correctly, you may miss a lot of energy and an opportunity to kill because of it.

That being said; here is the build:

61WL/11RB/4CHMP Build: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7u/8kGGGGGGliGg/2gEw

Builder change:

#show king of the hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast King of the Hill
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Flamespear

Charge macro change:

#show Clear the Breach
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Clear the Breach
    cast Into the Breach

To help fix the issue with no cc; you may opt for putting 11 points in RB for the Windspear ability that stuns for 3 sec. You will have a little less energy and no AOE debuff/bleed, but the stun will definitely help you down someone through the last 20% of their health with ease or allow enough time for you to get away from a zerg without dying.

Either build is preference. Try both and see what you like more. does seem to be the case so far, but I will keep testing. Please let me know what you come up with too.

Also, I know some of you like the added attack of the paragonís tree. So I am putting a variation build that plays the same as this build, but no third charge and is not recommended for anything other than duels or non-kiting targets.

61WL/11RB/4PARA Build: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#3f/8kGGGGGGliGg/2gEw
    It can be a good heal killer if you are good at timing CDís. This will make your builders (3/4 dps) hit harder. I find it to be better with a 2h weapon because your attacks

Way of the River (3% crit)
    5points Teaching of the five Rings (builders hit 10% harder)
    Elemental Empowerment (6% damage increase)
    Windspear (a ranged stun)
    Flamespear (ranged DOT/builder)
    Rising Waterfall (Follows any other builder, better than ES)

The Builder Change:

#show king of the hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast King of the Hill
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Flamespear

Finsher#2 Change:

#show Icy Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Icy Burst
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike

Out of all three Builds, I prefer the first because of the charges, aoe abilities, and higher energy. I still play the other two specs often; it really depends on the team. Please reply something in response to this guide if you like so I will see what you think and if I should keep it updated or not.

If you do not agree with something I put in guide; please at least have tested it and know what you are talking about when leaving comments. The comments in my last guide were good and I learned a lot from further testing and reading the input, but some were inaccurate and not well thought out to say the least. I know this build / guide are not perfect, so feedback will help out a lot.

Keep reading comments to see anything else that I or anyone else has

I am new to the game,I played at launch long ago after leaving WoW, but healers were to powerful and I left because it was just silly.

Now that its free, I decided to retry and made a Warrior I want to be primarily a Warlord and cannot get Tempest unless I buy expansion I guess.

Is this spec good for a new player?

Not much of a theorycrafter nor that addicted to PvP but seeing that this guide hasn't been updated for the new expansion, especially with the changes to PT/WoS I would say no.
    Serale@Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread