+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 54/18/4 bm

Default 54/18/4 bm

Someone asked, so:

This is personally (not universally) better than the 48/28 hybrid - as you get Call of Blood - 5% Crit - and much simpler rotation than using Shifting Blades.

Build:

SL Souls: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#38iIq/5kGBcEGbiFi/Vg
    Non-SL Souls: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#38iJq/5kGB55hqll8/7u
    [only difference being no Tempest]
    *Note: you can remove the interrupt from Paragon and add a point to Devoted Training if you'd prefer to have less utility.

` Not entirely sure if this is optimized as much as it can be, for I only use(d) it primarily on Volan and I netted to around 25 - 27k at the end of the fight.
    (like you can definitely micromanage messy wounds to time for burst phases)

Macros:
    M1
    #show Vicious Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Cunning Ruse
    cast Primal Lucidity
    cast Vicious Blow
    cast Vicious Opportunity
    cast Fierce Strike

CtA
    #show Command to Attack
    suppressmacrofailures
    raid Command to Attack (15% AP/SP | 30s)
    cast Command to Attack

Buttons (by themself):
    1. Flesh Rip (I micromanage this DoT because it shares CD with Vicious Opportunity - making it a DPS loss to refresh this when not needed rather than using Vicious Opportunity for DPS boost --- you can just add it to any finisher as a macro if you'd like)

2. Twin Cuts
    3. Cutting Slash
    4. Spotter's Call
    5. Command to Recover
    6. Command to Stand Ground
    7. Enrage
    8. Fierce Strike
    9. Brutal Strike
    10. Tearing Slash

Buffs: all 1000 of them, including Turn the Blade

Generic Rotation:

Spotter's Call (you can put this up without aggroing the boss; but watch your pet - cause it'll go crazy)

Twin Cuts > Cutting Slash x 3 > Tearing Slash (Flesh Rip whenever your pet crits and you get the proc)
    Fierce Strike > M1 x 2 > Enrage > Brutal Strike (Flaring before Enrage if you want to pop it)

Main Spam: M1 x 3 > Brutal Strike
    *Keep in mind when I say x2 or x3, it means get 2 AP with it or 3 AP with it respectively. If you don't, keep hitting that macro til you do.

From here in, make sure you refresh your DoTs, and Fierce Strike as they fall off; and use the SPAM sequence with using your CDs as necessary.

Notes

1. Refresh All DoTs and Fierce Strike (EXCEPT CUTTING SLASH) at the 0 for kalert or as they disappear on the debuff bar.
    Remember DoTs tick every 3s; so if you have to refresh early, refresh it after the 3s-to-fall-off mark or at the 0s mark.
    2. Cutting Slash - always refresh it at the 3s-to-fall-off mark (otherwise you'll have to build all 3 stacks again)
    3. Enrage should always precede a finisher, this will make sure you get in at least two finishers while the buff is running.
    4. Ideally you want Flaring to precede Enrage (so that they are up at the same time); so if you have to ever delay flaring, make sure you time your Enrage right so it lines up.
    5. Brutal and Fierce strike are ranged builders as well; so if you DC, just keep using the spam sequence til you can get back into melee.
    6. If you have a bard around, you want them putting up coda of jeopardy over you putting up spotter's call (they overwrite each other) - but still put the first one up as coda is a finisher and they need to get their combo points up to cast it.
    7. Also make sure to tell the bard that you aren't an archon and that they also have to cover the debuffs: cowardice and distress

K-alert:

KA::A9LiIeNqdlNFumzAYhV+Fu10ts8E2IF8ZsLtU6iolTJqmS pELTopKILKdVZn28DMkVdItoaS
    ykcC2zPk/H59pXW/XVSOtopDmdFPLndITK/VKWTci+jY9LmKCCZ8JGKEMExSljILDMuDarFpamkk
    rvzx8nz7Ix6qu7G5RFW1jHrSbe6xlqT6brV5VzWqhGqVXu0lZG hrFMQ2BTwnoOpz4mIIJpjTl33I
    +c3/otwc0AE5k/jqMuy/i/u1T8Yc3Wq5Oq3Cj3VpBDzMMJYRwkcU4YCwgCI2W/qiksWv3KO1Ed5u
    Vi6Jdb2RTtc0CwIXsi8AopBCggIZ+1+FkX8Tdf1XgfRXJfZ7f3 x0m/ddagKtFzC6cRl9QrcyTN6s
    2lEGG4iz2YxKFYYJINrqiQle2KmSNeuExcYIJPqUPr2KfWnYOf Nqu17IpPdt6zFpZPHf24RzDICF
    OMAkyf/wZ1PK3aperutU7eOQdY/IPbnEJ92x68zU/RzudD9BOt9Y6s3rzWponpz/BEckQRJjFacJ
    7LqP0m0LLjQp64RBi2AOPSdf9t7Rh3wZpz2/ewT233cuNbrdN6URzX2QRBhkMUs4S/iHoe+mIkDP
    Mf17NXMxtX8KyLbbmANspqpQulFOvq+c+a7AgmLMYAMEzNN4s5 kWpDTqyji6zHnB274329qI5OuK
    l9Nqld6vajdTlrkPNSQQCFBHuw+6IR99It9WiXS7KylitjDlkS heMJIg/GoxdCfP7gWifb1rrYu2
    T8VJZ106/EDAJsxCFUcCQEKP1yxepXaA74QAeI/1tqFwb6amdvePzmSraX26KiQwAzpkfCQHiOI3
    HW2VTuSxsl0ZWjTV7kxM/OmPyH9fneJ4OmCd/qRrPxYuhjIQEZZkPojSAArlYG62+TxV/73QQRYM
    xvg8WfJl37i7eQBTmSuqTKAw4j1EWkoT43EUxv+52BsVBtFM5L PqE9BnRfwHtupRR

^ Just import that for all the DoTs and stuff at a 5s-to-fall-off timer.

Couple of notes:
    1. The ones on the left side of the screen are just there to tell me that the CDs for them are up; and the letters are the keys I have them bound to.
    2. Fierce Strike is very annoying to do it the right way; so I do it as a focus target one. So make sure you have your pet on focus and Fierce Strike will be tracked. The way where you set it to track your pet is really finicky.
    3. I have Illuminate and coda of jeopardy alerts as well, just so I know whether I should put up spotters or not

Move them as you wish.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 03-27-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Rift Chaser

wheres dem flowing strikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    wheres dem flowing strikes!
    oh snap. haha fixed.

Rift Chaser

only need 2/3 to keep em up, so you has an extra point.

Soulwalker

thanks for posting the 54 spec. Quick question do you keep turn the blade buff on or off?

Isn't it Call of Kinship that breaks Resonance (replacing Motif of Regeneration or w/e)?

Also, thanks for the info. I had pretty much just cobbled together a macro and rotation based on 48/28 and prayed for the best, but this should help out a lot!
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

I tested it a few weeks ago and Call of Stone doesn't override the bard buff anymore so our buff just has no effect with a bard in the raid. Call of Kinship doesn't break Resonance either.
    If you want to manage Fierce Wounds on your pet with kalert, you just have to target your pet once it's summoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranov View Post
    Isn't it Call of Kinship that breaks Resonance (replacing Motif of Regeneration or w/e)?

Also, thanks for the info. I had pretty much just cobbled together a macro and rotation based on 48/28 and prayed for the best, but this should help out a lot!
    One of them broke it a while back when we were progressing on Volan. Might not anymore.
    It hardly matters, as I don't take Call of Kinship - it mostly overheals.
    And Call of Stone is usually overwritten even before you begin the fight.

But I updated it above.

==
    This might look a bit daunting with all the extra keys, but once you get a rhythm of it, it's pretty straightforward.
    While ideally you want all your DoTs running fulltime, you do have 8 DoTs.
    So you can let 3 of them fall off and still do your max potential with the spam abilities (as long as its not cutting ).
    So prioritize, get a flow going, and it's pretty easy to play thereafter.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 03-27-2014 at 06:25 AM.

Have you considered something like this? I don't really see the use of calming influence and I think Primal Bond is actually quite nice. Also tempest gives me higher tooltips than Champion even with Soldier's Bearing on plus you get +% damage taken on the enemy, and we all know how TRION handles these .

Quote Originally Posted by the unknonw View Post
    Have you considered something like this? I don't really see the use of calming influence and I think Primal Bond is actually quite nice. Also tempest gives me higher tooltips than Champion even with Soldier's Bearing on plus you get +% damage taken on the enemy, and we all know how TRION handles these .
    That one point is a freebie tbh. I just went with Calming Influence because we CC a lot of trash in our guild and in the odd chance we don't have enough doms, I help out.

And true that should net higher tooltips and DPS overall since damage debuff > damage buff.
    I'm still at work; I'll just run the numbers through on my gear once I get home and update it.

But it would be higher from a mathematical point of view.
    Good catch
    Last edited by Solaxys; 03-27-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guyguyguy View Post
    thanks for posting the 54 spec. Quick question do you keep turn the blade buff on or off?
    Hm thought I replied to this; but yes use Turn the Blade.
    Stack CP.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    Hm thought I replied to this; but yes use Turn the Blade.
    Stack CP.
    Really? It seems like it's a DPS loss when I've tried it with TTB. Time for some dummy testing.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

Ascendant

should've run it with 20 WL for the 15% link
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranov View Post
    Really? It seems like it's a DPS loss when I've tried it with TTB. Time for some dummy testing.
    Depends on CP/Crit Rate. If it's low, don't use TtB. If it's high, use it.
    From my testing, I do about 2k more DPS in TtB than without (primarily cause of the increased Brutal Strikes you can push out).
    The other benefit being is that with 1s GCD, you can time all your refreshes better with kalert; 1.5s takes finesse.

Lol okay, for me, the two versions have incredibly similar tooltips (tempest one is beating the champ one by like 0.002%. Of course enhanced conductivity will bump that up a bit more.)
    So just test both specs out for your tooltips; might just vary by gear.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 03-27-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    Lol okay, for me, the two versions have incredibly similar tooltips (tempest one is beating the champ one by like 0.002%. Of course enhanced conductivity will bump that up a bit more.)
    So just test both specs out for your tooltips; might just vary by gear.
    I guess it's my weapon that gives me a bigger difference. In the dummy foundry with live gear I get an extra 0.330% on tooltips and lose 1.14% crit rate, but EC more than makes up for that crit rate loss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast