+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Fixed" Highest sustained DPS 61WL/7RB/8CHMP

Soulwalker

Default "Fixed" Highest sustained DPS 61WL/7RB/8CHMP

Rice's Warlord Guide
    This is the first guide I am ever writing, so it will most likely be updated as I learn new tricks or think of something else to add.

Most people are running their warrior specs with 0-2 points in Tempest. I agree that running with Tempest will allow you to shoot someone running away until a charge is off CD, but lets face the facts; Shock Pulse hits like crap unless you are full Tempest, and you really only use it 3% of the time. Why not have another charge that will help you keep on your target by charging and rooting, but keep your Piercing Thrust and Wave of Steel running? This will ensure a charge is up about every 5 seconds. You will use that charge 30% of the time when needing to close a gap. This makes much more sense.

I have been running the 61WL/7RB/8CHMP spec for a while in WF's and am consistently the highest dps/kb's and am only in half FL geared w/ a few WL pieces. I can only imagine how I will do in full Myrmidon.

Here is my spec:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#2gw/8kGGGGGGliGg/7g8

Here is my reasoning on why I run this build:

1. I have used a few of the other WL variations and all are very energy starved. I found that by utilizing the energy loss mitigation abilities from champion and riftblade keeps me at no less than 20% most of the time.

2. More charges. Both Piercing Thrust and Wave of Steel are only usable after a finishing move, charge, or pull and King of the Hill will allow piercing blow to hit for 50% more and have 100% crit chance. Having extra charges will help significantly when burning your Battlefield Experience. This ability keeps King of the Hill and Piercing Thrust off CD.

Pros: Charges, defensive, high energy levels, run faster, aoe debuff, good pressure against heals, can pull as many as 5 enemies at a time from 29yd(useful to save heals), super fun to play

Cons: Position dependent, burst is less than paragon, easily focused(learn to escape fast with charges/Defensive maneuver), constant need to refresh surges(Use Kruul's alert addon to help)

The buffs that I use are:

Deadly Posture (10%crit)
    Ready Posture (15%dps, +5% heals and crit dmg, and -5%ability cost)
    Soldier's Bearing (3%dps)
    Avatar of Wind (10%run speed and 3% dodge)
    Storm Blade (40% to proc 421 air dmg on hit)
    (Defensive Posture/Recovery Posture for defensive situations)

Depending on how I feel, the weapon buffs I use are:

Vampiric Essence or Honed Edge

!!!Keep the following running at all times!!!

Battle Surge
    Tactical Surge
    Defensive Surge (optional)
    Mark of Inevitability (20yd aoe debuff -3600armor; affects up to 10)
    (Get Kruul's alert addon for any buff you want to track)

Note: Surges may be used with less combo points when dps is needed fast

Keep these up on heals or use to help someone getting owned(both transfer 15% dmg to you):

Brothers in Arms
    Keep Guard (war attunement ability)

The macros I use are a bit lazy, but I still seem to do really well on downing heals and toking out crowds of 2-4 depending on situation (i.e. enemy gear/exp)

Builder:
    #show king of the hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Eye of the Storm
    cast A Quick Death
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Wave of Steel
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Arterial Strike

Finisher:
    #show Killing Field
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Killing field
    cast Breaking Blow

Pull Macro:
    #show Sergeant's Order
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sergeant's Order
    cast General's Order
    Note: Great for jumping off at DEX and double tapping to pull a big group with you.(Game winner)

Charge Macro:
    #show Into the Breach
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Clear the Breach
    cast Into the Breach
    cast bull rush
    cast @gtae Thunderous Leap (available after completing the first tier of war attunement) does not count as charge; as it is a jump with aoe dps.

Note: A good practice is to use pulls first, then charges to follow up as they try to run. This will help keep you from being in the middle of a group(Always pull/charge. This will allow full use of your non-GCD abilities).

Note 2: Use charges to gain ground on the battlefield and to commit a hasty retreat. Both abilities should be paired with your Defensive Maneuver ability.

I usually start a fight by pulling in whoever I am closest to in order to build points for surges. I then find heals and go ham. I haven't seen many heals that can live through my burst unless they have full cd's or other heals/people training me with dps/cc.

Remember that in PVP, unless focusing heals(rotation dependent fight), all ccs(control abilities) should be used of cd(when not on cooldown).

Tip: Change number pad keybinds to mark heals with the green crosses for 1-4 and clover on 5 and I put 8&9 as skull and tank symbols with the 7 as support. This makes for easier singling out of heals/other rolls and will lead to a higher win/loss ratio. A green cross is much easier to see than a white number that blends in with everything.

Hey Sugoijason, just a few points:

1. Title is very misleading. When people talk about 'sustained DPS' they are mostly reffering to PVE specs. It took me a bit of reading to figure out that this is meant to be a PVP guide. If you could add something in big bold letters at the top to state it's a PVP guide, that would be awesome.

2. In a PVP context, IMHO I think this build is inferior to running 13 Paragon/2 Tempest or 9 Riftblade/6 Tempest. Shock Pulse and Skyfall are awesome for melee disconnects. I think overall this build would lag behind in comparison to the aforementioned variants. I don't get your justification for using this build other than 'It's slightly less energy starved'.

3. Since both the pulls are off GCD macroing them together is pretty damn stupid

4. One thing good about this guide is that you covered the basics of a lot of other 61 Warlord guides and DIDN'T encourage macro'ing your heal and cheat death together, so I give you 20 points for that.

5. This is my trolly PVP side taking over on this one, but Defensive Surge is for carebears. Battle Surge + Tactical Surge all the way.

To put it in context, on my Warrior, I'm always highest on KB's and Damage done and I don't even have any PVP gear. Warlords are bloody OP right now, any Warlord build will usually top the dps meters, providing the player knows the basic mechanics of Warlord.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

I am using this spec too and like you, i like it a lot. I use a few more macros for more control but the playstyle is similar.
    If you use your charges you wont miss shock pulse as much as you think you would.

I do think you forgot about Decisive Strike in your builder macro though. Should be a dps gain if you put it in.
    Last edited by Vance; 03-25-2014 at 04:19 AM.

This spec is horrible compared to having paragon as offspec.

Macros are plain bad.

cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Eye of the Storm

in a builder macro *facepalm*

Not having decisive strike infront of KOTH. Wow. Should always have 2 macros, one with KOTH, other with decisive, KOTH is situational, only should be used after a charge.
    Last edited by Uesugi; 03-25-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Thanks for the feedback

I knew there would be criticism, so thank you all for giving it so far. It actually helped me out a lot.

First off, sorry for not labeling my guide as PVP. As for macro'ing my pulls together; it works quite well because they have a CD, you should try it out. I got the idea from seeing other macros using similar structured skills(i.e. GCD w/CD). I agree that Defensive Surge is crap and never use it.

I decided to put Decisive Strike into my macro; I took it off hotkey and threw it in there. It did boost my dps by about 600-800dps by not having to pay attention to cd's and reactives and such. I am still a noob, but thought the spec I made was worth sharing. I only made the actual guide because the admin posted that any new topic that is not a guide will be deleted.

Battlefield Medic and Eye of the Storm ignore the GCD, so they take nothing away from my builder by having them there; I will be using them anyway. I did move them though. I realized that they do go off at the wrong point.

King of the hill is a normal attack that through Advanced Planning makes Piercing Strike hit 25% harder and crit 100%. That is why I thought it would be fine to apply to my builder macro. I thought Piercing strike and Wave of Steel are the abilities that needs to be used after a charge.

With all the input, I managed to fix my builder macro and ease my rotation a bit. This allowed for a great dps increase and I hope you all will leave useful input as much as possible.

New Builder:
    #show king of the hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Wave of Steel
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Eye of the Storm
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Arterial Strike

Ascendant

Wave of Steel and Piercing thrust share a cooldown. Wave of steel will NEVER go off. Which is good, since it's weaker being an AoE.

The reason not to put Battlefield medic and eye of the storm in your spam macro is not about GCD usage. It's about Power Usage. Battlefield medic will go off IMMEDIATELY as soon as you start spamming. Chances of wasting that first cast are rather low, but it can happen. Not really going to fault you on that one.

Eye of the Storm, It's a CC. If they are already under a snare, as you get a nice big fat IMMUNE.You waste power you starve you deal no damage, your target does not die fast enough, you lose. Macro'ing Eye of the Storm is a no no. It needs it's own key. Or is it still busted and ignoring DR? Don't remeber, I tend to use it only when needed so haven't noticed.

It does not matter WHERE you put them in the macro, as soon as your in between GCD if those abilities are up, boom, they go off.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Soulwalker

Default My updated Macros

These are my updated addons after doing much more testing and combat log breakdown. I added some builders to the finisher addon in case anyone uses button modifiers. This will help alleviate the gap away in case of overpressed keys to take This is what I have come up with. I am in full WL gear w/ weap and myrm head. I am pulling 26-29k dps on dummies. Try it out and let me know what you think.
    Builder:
    #show king of the hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Wave of Steel
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast Arterial Strike