+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2.6 Paragon WL/Temp, easy rotation, high dps (3 button rotation)

Default 2.6 Paragon WL/Temp, easy rotation, high dps (3 button rotation)

Tree:
    61 paragon, 10 WL 5/5 soldiers might, 5/5 strength of arms, 5 Temp 5/5 amped

Purpose:
    Raid single target dps spec, also a single target solo spec - Solo items will be marked by *

Buffs:
    Turn the Blade
    Way of the River
    Way of the Wind
    Enhanced Conductivity
    Recovery Posture
    Focus of Body (will be overwritten in raid)

Macro's

Main spam macro: (1)

#show Death Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast final blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Death Touch
    cast Tranquility
    cast Setting Moon
    cast shock pulse
    cast shield of will
    cast break free

Cd macro: (2)

#show shifting blades
    suppressmacrofailures
    //use excellent bottle of critical strikes (remove the // to enable crit pot use during raid)
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Combat Focus
    cast Alacrity
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast setting moon

Dot macro: (3)

#show open the stream
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Open the Stream
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Setting Moon

Other keys not macro'd: Flinching Strike, Predictable Movements, Thread the Trees, Grasping the Horizon, Flurry, Fleet of Foot, Sweeping Blades, setting moon (just for the initial cast at start of fight)

This is built to spam the macros, so instead of a 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 3 type of rotation, it's 111111111111133333332222222211111111 style, changing key to press at 3 swords when going to cd macro.

This spec is very unforgiving for going out of melee range. It can cause 1 and 2 sword finishers if you aren't prepared for it, although shock pulse is in the main macro if GtH and Flurry are on CD.

The rotation I use is:
    TtT, setting moon, 3 to fire off open the stream, spam 2 until a 2 sword finisher goes off(CF causes follow up to fire), then spam 1 until OtS is 1-2 sec left on timer, then spam 3 until 3 swords, spam 2 until shifting fires, then spam 1 until OtS is 1-2 seconds. Every 30 seconds CF will cause you to do a 2sword finisher using this.
    so TtT, sm, 3, Spam 2, spam 1 until OtS.

An alternate (I tend to use this way more often) way to start off the fight is to precast GTH, and run in while hitting setting moon, open the stream, and then doing normal rotation.

I use Kalert to help with OtS timer:

KApen the stream:aKqRkeNo1TssKgzAQ/BW/wMZYfLAnGw300oK1t4CsmrYBjaLbg3/fGCi7
    MLPDMLMQQQPLiLteQ8L1rQkikE6TcF+0DeijgwetGicopChELt JLyVh6FjwD5r3SIYPavAhKJDyp
    51VhZ0ZDe2v62W6qn6cOqe2/42QskpltOAwb5DyGLEshT47lLgxEdWuq+mCRn5i5V5q/7K/EF8of
    Dl03lg

Setting moon should never drop with these macros, but here is that alert as well:

KA:setting moon:abhLUeNotjsEOgjAQRH/FL9C2BCiZEyJNPOgB8UZCqlRsbIqhe+Hvhca8Pex
    sJjsDjhZfpxczg0OtosXNEFk/7i7T5FGqo0h5nqpSpImqCwnBolOBrTT2RThp0ofufu70wzpLS2 +
    fkw+dt+ObAmn3MXPP+H4YAjgTElLmKLJtxPoKVX1t62bbeCRhs cb/HFUW49QPAGUyqQ

Other points of note. I no longer use swift strike. Setting moon does the same damage, and applies a buff.

This is not to be confused with an ae spec, but it does do decent splash ae with Sweeping blades. Enough that during twins in IG death side, it should be enabled during bugs, and turned right back off after bugs.

** This spec also works wonderful for solo'ing if the mobs are too spread out to bother with AE. You can do normal rotation, or if you're like me, and while solo just want stuff to blow up, can use a super macro for 1 button solo fun.

*For solo: swap in Way of the sun for Way of River(if needed)

*Solo macro (do not use this at a raid, lol, rotation is simple enough already.)

suppressmacrofailures
    cast final blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast shifting blades
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast thread the trees
    cast Death Touch
    cast Tranquility
    cast Setting Moon
    cast shock pulse
    cast Alacrity
    cast Combat Focus
    cast shield of will
    cast break free

This macro is not efficient, not optimal, but who wants a perfect rotation while solo'ing?

This spec is never talked about in the 'best para dps' conversation, but it competes and beats them sometimes in raids, and the fact it's such a simple rotation. <3
    Last edited by Urbie; 05-13-2014 at 07:53 AM. Reason: removed comments from macro
    Urb@Greybriar

Ascendant

An early crit generates more threat then recovery posture. Worrying about skipping it is pointless.

Never macro break free in a spam macro. You'll just end up wasting it. PvP or not.

Tranquilly should be in place of setting moon in the CD macro. You get more out of it using it with SB then not.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    An early crit generates more threat then recovery posture. Worrying about skipping it is pointless.

Never macro break free in a spam macro. You'll just end up wasting it. PvP or not.

Tranquilly should be in place of setting moon in the CD macro. You get more out of it using it with SB then not.
    Agreed about recovery posture, but an early crit plus self healing. Yea I get it, just sometimes feels like tank pulls it back off of me quicker if I don't have recovery posture up. Really only matters at start of a fight/mob.

Also agreed, It shouldn't be used in a spam macro, and I shouldn't have added it in there.

Good point about Tranq in cd macro, I'll add it in there.

Thanks for the info.
    Urb@Greybriar

Just some numbers to go with the spec:

Kill Krizzix, fight duration 2:35

War 1 running this spec: 33.9k dps
    War 2 with this spec (Me): 33.4k dps
    Urb@Greybriar

Thanks for this. I'm just getting back into the game after being gone for a long while (Gone for 5 months) and seeing a spec like this will help me get back into muscle memory and raiding until i can 'graduate' back into more complex builds and macros.

Soulwalker

gonna give this a go! currently using a 44/32 paralord because it was a lot easier than 61 para. gonna give this a go and see how it goes.

Refer to original post
    Last edited by Urbie; 06-29-2014 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Bad info on macros, orginal post macros are fine.
    Urb@Greybriar

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Urbie View Post
    Swift strike is damage + weapon damage, setting moon is just damage.
    a tooltip that was never updated iirc, setting moon/swift strike do the same damage. i remember checking this waaay back when 2.5 was released, comparing 100 swift strikes to 100 setting moons (alternating) it showed that the max/min hits and crits were about the same

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by archaionfm View Post
    a tooltip that was never updated iirc, setting moon/swift strike do the same damage. i remember checking this waaay back when 2.5 was released, comparing 100 swift strikes to 100 setting moons (alternating) it showed that the max/min hits and crits were about the same
    Correct.

Setting moon is a straight replacement for swift strikes. It's why everything that affects swift strike affects setting moon as well.

Rift tool tips are kinda **** in formatting, and can be misleading. I'm hoping this is fixed in a later patch, as I recall something being mentioned about tooltips and incomming improvements to them.

Slowly tool tips are getting better. Maybe one day we will be able to clearly read the information on them, and take them straight as is instead ignoring chunks of text on them , or needing to test to confirm just how they work.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Krizzix on 4/13/14
    Fight 2:29

dps: 35.414 dps

Ability Crit %
    Reaping Harvest 73.58%
    Rising Waterfall 75.00%
    Open the Stream 58.18%
    Way of the Wind 54.13%
    Final Blessing 50.00%
    Deadly Parity 51.06%
    Swift Strike 77.78%
    Tranquility 55.56%
    Death Touch 55.56%
    Auto Attack 62.90%
    Setting Moon 33.33%
    Last edited by Urbie; 06-29-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    Urb@Greybriar

Setting moon does same non-crit damage as swift strike, but swift strike crits are harder than setting moon, as well as critting at 78% vs setting moon at 33%.
    That's called RNG; not to mention you're using SS about 60% more in that breakdown than SM; not to mention your SS's are more likely getting used more with dps cds than SM because of that prior fact, thus making it look like SS crits harder. Setting Moon = Swift Strike in every way, shape and form besides the fact that SM also increases follow-up damage.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 03-15-2014 at 04:50 PM.

When it comes to 61/10/5 para specs, is this better or worse than 10 champ in raid? I used this spec for inyr but have been using champ variant in other fights.

Shield of Telara

10wl 5temp scales better w/ gear

in my gear its roughly 650 extra ap (=almost 800 extra ap with unleashed stacks up) + 10% wpn damage over champ variant vs 5.5% dmg/10% finisher damage

i would say thats a fair tradeoff. but i dont play champ variant

I figured wl would be better with t2 gears. Eventually my balls will drop and I'll spend more time learning the rb version.

Soulwalker

This is built to spam the macros, so instead of a 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 3 type of rotation, it's 111111111111133333332222222211111111 style, changing key to press at 3 swords when going to cd macro.
    So your rotation using your key binds is : 1(x13), 3(X7), 2(X8), 1(X8) REPEAT???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast