+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Advanced Paragon (top ST dps)

Ascendant

Default Advanced Paragon (top ST dps)

Specs

61 Paragon/8 Champion/7 Tempest is the best spec to run if you need to pick up Mark of Inevitability (armor debuff). If you're lacking a warrior tank or another paragon with Mark of Inevitability, use this.

61 Paragon/8 Tempest/7 Champion is the best spec to run if someone else can cover the armor debuff. This spec gains Empower.

A lot of you may be wondering why it's a dps increase to drop points from finisher damage. The simplest explanation is that Reaping Harvest is never 50% of your overall damage; therefore it's better to gain 1% on every other move while simultaneously losing 1% on Reaping Harvest.

Additionally, the 8 Tempest variant gains Empower which boosts your Tranquility and Flurry by a noticeable amount. Overall it is the top-parsing Paragon variant.

Active Buffs

Turn The Blade, Soldier's Bearing, Way of the Wind, Enhanced Conductivity and Way of the River. For the 8 Tempest variant add Empower.

Macros

Followup
    Code:
    #show rising waterfall
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    Alacrity/Combat Focus
    Code:
    #show alacrity
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast combat focus
    cast alacrity
    cast reaping harvest
    Charge
    Code:
    #show Thread the Trees
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Thread the Trees
    cast Bull Rush

Other skills to have on your bar

Setting Moon, Reaping Harvest, Shifting Blades, Tranquility, Death Touch, Open the Stream, Flurry, Grasp the Horizon, Flinching Strike, Shield of Will, Shock Pulse, Fleet of Foot, Skyfall.

If you're in the 8 Champion variant put Mark of Inevitability on a keybind.

Make sure you manually track Combat Focus and Bull Rush.

What is different about this rotation from traditional Paragon?

I utilize Flurry. Basically, if a fight is so melee-unfriendly that Grasping the Horizon/Thread the Trees/Bull Rush are not good enough disconnect options for you, consider running 61 Tempest instead. It's very unlikely 61 Paragon is your go-to spec if you're relying on Flurry for a disconnect.

The idea is to replace a Setting Moon with Flurry following your DT cycle.

In the rotation this looks like:

Opener: TtT -> RW -> RH

Block 1:
    SM -> OtS -> SB
    Tranq -> (CF)(Alac)RH -> RW -> RH
    SM -> RW -> RH
    DT -> RW -> RH
    Flurry -> RW -> RH

Block 2:
    SM -> OtS -> SB
    Tranq -> RW -> RH
    SM -> RW -> RH
    DT -> RW -> RH
    SM -> RW -> RH

Block 3:
    SM -> OtS -> SB
    (CF)RH -> Tranq -> RW -> RH
    SM -> RW -> RH
    DT -> RW -> RH
    Flurry -> RW -> RH

You repeat the blocks as 12321232123212321 indefinitely.

I personally hit my Alacrity macro to cast CF/RH even when Alacrity is on cooldown. There is no harm from this.

Here is an ***UPDATED*** video demonstration of the proper rotation.

The important thing with this rotation is getting the proper number of Flurry ticks. You want two ticks of Flurry; if you spam your followup you may lose the attack point, so you must get a feel for the timing.

Misc/Basic stuff

For disconnects time your Grasping the Horizon around major mechanics where possible. Secondary priority would be to charge back in with Thread the Trees/Bull Rush. Of course, sometimes you may not want to Grasping the Horizon if the disconnect is for one gcd; instead you may want to reserve it for another, more menacing mechanic. Shock Pulse and Skyfall are only really used if you get farther than 20m away from your target; if you find yourself using these fairly often, you should consider 61 Tempest.\

Updates

03/05/14 - Added Tranqulity before Alacrity to improve the overall block (thanks to Drakkars for mentioning). Added a new video reflecting this change in rotation.
    Last edited by Ahov; 03-09-2014 at 08:20 AM.

I think it's silly that something this simple is top single target dps in the game. Oh well, nice clear guide as always Ahov.

hmmm, when using grasping the horizon to make your abilities ranged, does it increase their damage with empower as well? (Would be awesome)

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    hmmm, when using grasping the horizon to make your abilities ranged, does it increase their damage with empower as well? (Would be awesome)
    Last I tested this was not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Last I tested this was not the case.
    Curses, that would of been great.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Champion of Telara

Block 1:
    SM -> OtS -> SB
    (CF)(Alac)RH -> RW -> RH
    SM -> RW -> RH
    DT -> RW -> RH
    Flurry -> RW -> RH

Block 2:
    SM -> OtS -> SB
    Tranq -> RW -> RH
    SM -> RW -> RH
    DT -> RW -> RH
    SM -> RW -> RH

Block 3:
    SM -> OtS -> SB
    SM -> RW -> RH
    DT -> RW -> RH
    Flurry -> RW -> RH
    ------------------------------------------------------

noticed you aren't using a tranquility at all in block 1 which should result in both a dps loss, as well as more damage taken by you from any ranged attacks that end up hitting you.
    id recommend changing the start of the blocks to

Sm->OtS-> SB
    Tranquility (alacrity)(CF) RH, RW,RH

though im not in game right now and cant check...so maybe im wrong but I could have sworn a tranquility was higher damage than a 2pt RH which is why its better to line it up like that.
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post
    though im not in game right now and cant check...so maybe im wrong but I could have sworn a tranquility was higher damage than a 2pt RH which is why its better to line it up like that.
    The point in putting Tranq there wasn't because of the 2pt RH (which you do in both rotations anyways), but because Tranq hits harder than RW/FB to trigger a bigger SB hit, as well as improve the Alacrity block overall.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post

Block 1:
    SM -> OtS -> SB
    (CF)(Alac)RH -> RW -> RH
    SM -> RW -> RH
    DT -> RW -> RH
    Flurry -> RW -> RH

Block 2:
    SM -> OtS -> SB
    Tranq -> RW -> RH
    SM -> RW -> RH
    DT -> RW -> RH
    SM -> RW -> RH

Block 3:
    SM -> OtS -> SB
    SM -> RW -> RH
    DT -> RW -> RH
    Flurry -> RW -> RH
    ------------------------------------------------------

noticed you aren't using a tranquility at all in block 1 which should result in both a dps loss, as well as more damage taken by you from any ranged attacks that end up hitting you.
    id recommend changing the start of the blocks to

Sm->OtS-> SB
    Tranquility (alacrity)(CF) RH, RW,RH

This slightly pushes back the rotation.

The best way to look at is comparing tranq + shifting proc to RW + shifting proc and then determine the dmg per GCD. For example, my 3:30 parse in the video would be extended to 3:34. The 4 second gap comes from 4 new Tranquilities.

Code:
    7994 shifting from RW noncrit
    10882 shifting from tranq noncrit

13268 shifting from RW crit
    18367 shifting from tranq crit
    ^Raw data from my video parse.

Tranquility averaged 20.2k with its 60% crit rate. So by itself that's only 20.2k dps. But we need to factor in the increase from SB.

Using the numbers above, RW has an average shifting of 11158.4 with 60% crit rate
    Tranquility has an average shifting of 15535.

Subtract the differences, you get 4376.6. Add that to 20.2k and you get 24576.6 dps over those 4 seconds

edit: here is the parse from the video http://i.imgur.com/ftdwTIl.png
    Last edited by Ahov; 03-05-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Rift Disciple

getting that second flurry tick might be tricky. the rotation is manageable in my dimension. will have to try it in a raid to see if ability lag/latency permits, maybe ultane or krizzix between bubbles.
    Fluffybottom no more

Ascendant

I think we should compare 4s of Tranq + shifting bonus to 4s of whatever 4s continues the 3:30 parse.

In that case it would be DT > RW > RH > SM, so the Tranqs should win out on average. The DT is roughly equivalent in contribution, the RH is probably equivalent when factoring in deadly parity/way of the win, but the RW/SM would be a bit behind.

I'll parse some more tomorrow.

edit: also curious what others can parse in the t2 test gear, Readiness III, normal paragon crystal (not glowing). T3 PAs but not the new ones filled, should be 1079 spent. This is the old T2 test standard and I'd like to compare rotations using this. It's much simpler than people bringing their Live gear with varying stats.
    Last edited by Ahov; 03-05-2014 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mini me View Post
    getting that second flurry tick might be tricky. the rotation is manageable in my dimension. will have to try it in a raid to see if ability lag/latency permits, maybe ultane or krizzix between bubbles.
    pretty simple actually, just hit RW/FB after a gcd

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    The point in putting Tranq there wasn't because of the 2pt RH (which you do in both rotations anyways), but because Tranq hits harder than RW/FB to trigger a bigger SB hit, as well as improve the Alacrity block overall.
    You misunderstood me I think
    I'm talking specifically sb proc hits without slowing the rotation down noticeably anyhow

Ahov used
    sb
    CF RH (sb proc) rw (Sb proc) 2pt RH (sb proc)

I'm comparing that directly too
    sb
    Tranquility (sb proc) cf RH (sb proc) rw (sb proc)
    Which shifts the 2pt RH out of the SB block period in that part
    might cause a slight delay over the course of a full rotation but I'm pretty sure that resulted in larger more consistent sb procs.

If I'm wrong though great I can boost a bit higher but this is a super smooth method for me anyhow ( and helps combat ability lag slightly as you aren't trying to fit 3 ogcd abilities in one gcd but breaks it up to sb and Tranq in one then cf alacrity and RH into the other.

Edit
    I Do see the slight push on abilities doing this whenever cf is not up. Hmm time to think math thoughts ugh
    Last edited by Drathek; 03-05-2014 at 08:07 AM.
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

This slightly pushes back the rotation.

The best way to look at is comparing tranq + shifting proc to RW + shifting proc and then determine the dmg per GCD. For example, my 3:30 parse in the video would be extended to 3:34. The 4 second gap comes from 4 new Tranquilities.
    I think we should compare 4s of Tranq + shifting bonus to 4s of whatever 4s continues the 3:30 parse.

In that case it would be DT > RW > RH > SM, so the Tranqs should win out on average. The DT is roughly equivalent in contribution, the RH is probably equivalent when factoring in deadly parity/way of the win, but the RW/SM would be a bit behind.
    After both of these posts, you've almost got the math right... The calculation should be:

4xTranq + 4xTranq(shifting proc)

vs

4x2ptRH(shifting proc) + DT + DT(crystal proc) + RW + DP + WotW + RH + WotW + SM

Since your spec has taken away from RH damage to boost "everything else" and also buff ranged attacks, I can tell you without even running the numbers that those 4 Tranq's will win.
    Shermanator@Greybriar | 4/4(c) - 3/3 - 5/5 | R90 | Ten Inches Unbuffed

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Thargrom View Post
    After both of these posts, you've almost got the math right... The calculation should be:

4xTranq + 4xTranq(shifting proc)

vs

4x2ptRH(shifting proc) + DT + DT(crystal proc) + RW + DP + WotW + RH + WotW + SM

Since your spec has taken away from RH damage to boost "everything else" and also buff ranged attacks, I can tell you without even running the numbers that those 4 Tranq's will win.
    Well when I say to compare 4 tranqs to a RW, RH, DT, SM, I don't mean to ignore the things that go along with them. That's why I said RH and DT are around the same level; without the procs they wouldn't be.

Also, I don't think you understand the tradeoff from using Tranquility. You're losing a RW shifting proc, not a RH. SB > tranq (1 SB proc gone) > {CF AL} RH (All 3 SB procs gone)

Whereas normally you consume them on RH (2 procs gone) and then a RW (All 3 procs gone).

This change "seems" like an increase and I will parse more today to see if any issues actually arise.
    Last edited by Ahov; 03-05-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Well when I say to compare 4 tranqs to a RW, RH, DT, SM, I don't mean to ignore the things that go along with them. That's why I said RH and DT are around the same level; without the procs they wouldn't be.

Also, I don't think you understand the tradeoff from using Tranquility. You're losing a RW shifting proc, not a RH. SB > tranq (1 SB proc gone) > {CF AL} RH (All 3 SB procs gone)

Whereas normally you consume them on RH (2 procs gone) and then a RW (All 3 procs gone).

This change "seems" like an increase and I will parse more today to see if any issues actually arise.
    Yeah, my bad... I wasn't thinking about the Alacrity block for some reason, even though that was the subject of the debate.
    Shermanator@Greybriar | 4/4(c) - 3/3 - 5/5 | R90 | Ten Inches Unbuffed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast