+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another 2.5 Ranged Hybrid (easy play, 25m range)

Default Another 2.5 Ranged Hybrid (easy play, 25m range)

Hello all. I must say I am really impressed with how many viable builds we have with the changes over the last couple months!

Here was my take on salvaging the true but dead Tempagon. Its a ranged hybrid using long range training to get that extra range and damage to ranged attacks but also has Tranquility and Flurry involved so you are limited to 25 meters to get the most from it.

I nicked it Warslinger for entry into the pre-set contest. Never was good with names.

The Build:
    48Temp/28Para/0RB
    Here is a link to a copy of the BiS calc with a couple ranged Hybrids I plugged into it for comparing:
    Copy of 2.5 BiS with added 48temp/28para/0rb and 51temp/17para/8rb still has 41/31/4 as well.

By my testing and the BiS this 48/28 comes out a little higher but its drawback is the max range (though you also deal with the same ranged drawback using Flamespear) so it may not be suitable for fights absolutely requiring 30+ meters but I have tried it while stacking with the ranged groups through all tier 1 bosses and it has been fine every time.

Buffs: Empower, Enhanced Conductivity, Electromagnetic Shield, Storm Blade, Way of the River, Focus of Body(Overwritten in raids)

Macros/Buttons:
    1 - Lightning Torrent (All by its self)

2 - Arc>CP/DblP>TQ> (+Focused Fire)
    #show Arc
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Arc
    cast Charged Pulse
    cast Double Pulse
    cast Tranquility
    cast Focused Fire

3 - Skyfall (All by its self)

4 - Flurry -or- DP>EB (when flurry is on CD)
    #show Flurry
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flurry
    cast Delayed Pulse
    cast Electricity Blast

Macro Rotaion:
    Rotation has 2 parts, Flurry and DP are off CD every 30s so you just perform Part 1 then Part 2 and back to 1. You will always fire a 2pt SF after the Arc macro, dont look for 3 AP to be up, also in Part 2 you will fire a 2pt SF when you do DP>EB>SF, or 4>4>3 this is intended for lining up LT again.

Part 1 with Flurry
    1(channel fully)
    2>2>2>3>
    4(channel fully)

Part 2 Without Flurry
    1(channel fully)
    2>2>2>3>
    4>4>

Ability Rotation:
    Part 1
    LT>Arc>CP/DblP>TQ>SF>Flurry>SF
    Part 2
    LT>Arc>CP/DblP>TQ>SF>DP>EB>SF

For button mashers you can always take Flurry out of the #4 macro and use it seperately, this also allows you to flip the rotation to use Part 2 then Part 1 instead the only thing I can see this doing is allowing your DP and EB to be buffed by FF every time it is up, instead of buffing flurry. I am not sure flurry even counts as a ranged attack or if they are still counting it as melee with added range. I am using the rotation the way I have posted it and have not noticed a change in the crit rate of Eb and DP at all but I could be wrong there and it may be a bigger difference than I realize, I just dont see it. A 5th button is not a big deal to manage at all but 4 is easier still !
    Last edited by Warbad; 12-12-2013 at 01:33 PM.

pull this down your giving it away
    SO SHHHHHH
    Last edited by Pallass; 12-12-2013 at 09:33 PM.

It's nice to see people trying out specs in the spreadsheet.

Improved Avatar has 1 point assigned to it, I assume a mistake.

Try 4 champ instead of 0 rb, taking the points from Discharged Defenses and 2 from LRT/Difficult Target.
    The seeing, the true seeing, that is the heart of sword-play.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkranger View Post
    It's nice to see people trying out specs in the spreadsheet.

Improved Avatar has 1 point assigned to it, I assume a mistake.

Try 4 champ instead of 0 rb, taking the points from Discharged Defenses and 2 from LRT/Difficult Target.
    Why that sneaky little!! You are right about that one point in improved avatar, though I didn't place it. Must have been left over from someone else. Dang, and for some reason it effects the overall DPS on the spread sheet too even though I do not have Avatar of the Rift checked which leads me to believe there may be something off there? Not sure but I corrected the sheet anyhow. The idea was of course to keep FF and Flowing/ImprovedFlowing in the same build but I see now that the 4 champ may work out well since that 1 point was throwing off the whole thing mathematically somehow. The end result is very very close to 41/31/4 on the sheet but this one still parses higher for me on a regular basis.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: Oh and this build was only intended for Ranged abilities, I just noticed the 41/31/4 is still using a DT in its rotation which is probably why mine still parses higher, since im testing at range only
    Last edited by Warbad; 12-13-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Is there anything stopping you from moving the LT block behind the Arc>cp/dp>tq>sf block? If you did that I think you'd have a chance at Delayed stealing on Arc proc over a 2pt SF. Additionally, you should probably just throw EB in there after TQ, so that that SF is always 3AP for any non-Delayed Arc. If you need to, to line it up, you could probably just 2AP channel LT or something(aka the other SF).

Going to play with this some, looks interesting.

Disregard my comments about Arc and the 2pt Skyfall. Obviously we have TQ to pick up the third tick, and I was overlooking it. Also looks like TQ slightly edges out Delayed.

Triple post ftw >_>

About delayed, I'm an idiot and misread my tooltips apparently, Delayed is hitting harder than TQ. I think there might be merit in trying to get Delayed in on Arc.

@NotTrev
    Yeah DP does take a bigger dip on Arc than a TQ does by decent amount however I could not get the rotation to line up. Literally (and yes its an odd usage of the abilities) I am using DP and EB followed by a 2pt skyfall just to line up LT. I chose to do it for a fluid rotation.

I had a different rotation before which just felt clunky but it was slightly more dps, Ill post it here for everyone but basically I had it changed because it over built AP during the end sections of the rotation and was awkward for some of the people I had test it with me. I switched it to 2ptSFs so it would make more rotational sense. Here was my original rotation, which allowed for DP to possibly proc on Arc if you were fast enough and (even assuming DP doesnt get its proc on arc) is about 80DPS higher for me:

Part 1:
    LT>Arc>CP/DblP>TQ>EB>SF>SP>DP>
    Part 2:
    LT>Arc>Cp/DblP>TQ>EB>SF>Flurry>...start over into LT

My GCD counts always puts me at a 13.5 second rotation but for some reason thats always exactly how it lines up in game, even at my dim dummy with 90ms latency and 100fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbad View Post
    Why that sneaky little!! You are right about that one point in improved avatar, though I didn't place it. Must have been left over from someone else. Dang, and for some reason it effects the overall DPS on the spread sheet too even though I do not have Avatar of the Rift checked which leads me to believe there may be something off there? Not sure but I corrected the sheet anyhow. The idea was of course to keep FF and Flowing/ImprovedFlowing in the same build but I see now that the 4 champ may work out well since that 1 point was throwing off the whole thing mathematically somehow. The end result is very very close to 41/31/4 on the sheet but this one still parses higher for me on a regular basis.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: Oh and this build was only intended for Ranged abilities, I just noticed the 41/31/4 is still using a DT in its rotation which is probably why mine still parses higher, since im testing at range only
    I want to try your build but I do not see Champ changed in for the Riftblade...is this link incorrect with new info then?

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    I want to try your build but I do not see Champ changed in for the Riftblade...is this link incorrect with new info then?
    I have not changed the build as this one is geared specifically for a ranged encounter. Adding the champ makes sense if you are going to take Death Touch and make it a melee/ranged hybrid but then there is already a 41/31/4 build out there for that.

Telaran

Thanks for the build, it works well for me. One small suggestion would be to remove the points from Fleet of Foot and Run Like the Wind and move them into Combat Precision. I know most of the attacks are air damage, but Flurry and Tranquility get a small boost by this change.

Changed build: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zzGgpyxx...vlA0gkchoIrh0z

@Warbad
    Spoiler!

@NotTrev
    Spoiler!

+ Reply to Thread