Spec here - http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8...4/38huE5llay/V

Buffs
    Turn the blade
    Deadly Posture
    Way of the River
    Enhanced Conductivity
    Focus of body (if not in a raid)

Macros -

#show Setting Moon (only used after a disconnect or when first attacking the boss)
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    Cast Setting Moon
    cast Shock Pulse

Spam Macro
    #show Death Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Tranquility
    cast Death Touch
    cast Setting Moon
    cast Shock Pulse

shifting blades macro
    #show Shifting Blades
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest

other skills you need to have on your bar for as needed -
    Flurry, Grasping the Horizon, Forced March, Thread the Trees, Neck Punch (interrupt), Brothers in Arms, Sergeant's Order, Battle Surge, Eye of the Storm, Predictable Movements

Rotation
    This is super easy and straight forward. Always start a fight with 3 AP.
    Battle surge
    Setting Moon, RW, RH (the setting moon macro x3)
    Piercing Thrust, RW (spam macro x2)
    Shifting Blades, Koth, RW, RH (SB macro till all points used)
    Tranquility, RW, RH (spam macro x3)
    Piercing Thrust, RW, RH (spam macro x3 again)
    Death Touch, RW, RH (you are still spamming that spam macro right?)
    Piercing Thrust, RW, RH (finger cramping so badly from the spammage)
    Setting Moon, RW, (arg more spam)
    Shifting Blades macro again

That's it. its stupid easy. Refresh Battle Surge when it is about to fall off. In fact, heres a karuul alert for you that tracks both Setting Moon and Battle Surge as they are really the only 2 things to watch with this spec.

KA::A9qZveNqVj8GOgjAQhl/FJ9DWAtLMCbBNPOwehL2RkCqVbZYUU4YDyT78lqrJetP8c5j2n 8n
    8X6kRje1WH8NggUIF117N2vlWBpX//Uzm25juYpltYyYFT4HcB4nX0VwQ9grVpv461OpkeoNzY86
    DHWtrum8cUfU/2jWErtt2BMYpcMYhSpeiXlCIz0ocl44GMeITVY/v8GLhmvzNFWKvV+XkOv0cfNm
    Q8ORnssj3XGQ8kklKily8HNx575HbX7DKNU5fpk57ikYFjiiKP UfyJkdy4/gD3S90Mg

Common Questions
    1) Why aren't you putting all of your big hitters in with shifting blades? Like shifting > Koth> Tranq > DT > RH?
    This was looked into, by people smarter than me in math in the original discussion. basically if you do it like that you end up using more setting moons in a 15s period. Which sucks because they are a lower damage attack. So while stacking them all up like that DOES give you a bigger burst period, it actually makes your sustained damage slightly lower.

2) Why would I want to run this spec?
    Well - purely in my own opinion - its one of the top dps specs in the entire game, if not the top, while providing you with more HP then normal dps specs, a pull that will not give you agro (sergeants orders as long as you aren't using recovery or defensive posture), and Brothers in Arms, which lets you absorb 15% of the damage taken by a fellow raid member. Ive found this is particularly useful putting it on new members to the raid or people with slightly less hp or that are involved with important mechanics.

3) How is it for aoe?
    Don't.. Just don't waste your time with it for aoe. You have RB, champ or tempest if you want to aoe. Use those. This is not the spec you are looking for.

4) How is it for disconnects?
    Fair. It has shock pulse with a 30m range, which hopefully you don't end up using almost ever. It has flurry which is - ok - and it has grasping the horizon. Just be aware that if you are disconnected and use GtH and try to go into your SB macro it will not work properly since KotH wont be used at range then. Tranquility is better at that time, which is why I originally used it with SB, but Koth just plain consistently is better so that's why its stuck in there

5) Having to interrupt or use sprints and garbage utility stuff like that makes my epeen less hard. How can I have moar dps??
    Well... you cant really move any points around in paragon. And you cant take any points OUT of warlord. But if you want you can move a few points around in warlord. Like dropping the interrupt and sprint for 2 points in calculating for more finisher damage. You could also trade one of them, or a point in trained defenses for No Permission To Die which is a super awesome cool down if you want it.

6) How come I go out of energy so quick on the dummy?????RAAAGE!!
    This is not a spec for testing on the dummy without living energy or fervor. you will go out of energy in a minute flat. In the dummy foundry that pushes it out to about 4 minutes. With verse of joy in a raid situation and the occasional disconnect you will have no energy issues ever.

7) How does it parse?
    Well if you look thru the original thread you will see some parses by jopok and other people that are quite well geared that have it parsing right up there with 61 paragon. Me-- I don't have that gear yet. I have dual t1 relic weapons and 4 pc t2 armor though, so I'm not THAT far behind. Here are some parses from the dummy foundry using my LIVE GEAR, NOT TEST GEAR. Note I was using exceptional whet stones then since I had just transferred over after a raid. Shouldn't affect the parse that much.

Parse - Paralord parse 1 (8 min parse 26.6k dps)
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...ps3b759a79.jpg

Paralord parse 2 (8 min parse 26.3k dps)
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...psf86abf65.jpg

61 Paragon 13 champ (10 min parse 25.8k dps)
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...psad026707.jpg

few other notes about those parses - I probably screwed up a couple times in 61 paragon. but dps was pretty stable most of the time so don't think I did anything too horrible. There was no energy issues at all in that spec either.
    Paralord starves badly about 4 min in I think, resulting in a use of a flurry once every 45-60 seconds. I figured the loss of dps from using flurry should more then make up any issues with my 61 paragon parse. Alacrity when combined with raid buffs (flaring power, etc.) will of course give 61 a bigger boost then showing here.

Let me know if you all can find anything I missed!
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Rift Disciple

Good spec if you're feeling lazy. Dps still behind 61 para though.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaan View Post
    Good spec if you're feeling lazy. Dps still behind 61 para though.
    very very similar from everything I've seen. Behind during Alacrity/flaring power, but ahead during the sustained phases and with far higher crit chance.

Im not saying this is the be all end all spec everyone should use. But it is most definitely raid viable/capable of being at the top of meters right alongside 61 paragon.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post
    very very similar from everything I've seen. Behind during Alacrity/flaring power, but ahead during the sustained phases and with far higher crit chance.

Im not saying this is the be all end all spec everyone should use. But it is most definitely raid viable/capable of being at the top of meters right alongside 61 paragon.
    As much I respect you and this spec, I disagree with that.
    I have played both specs across multiple fights (and play them equally well), 61 Paragon is always ahead by a very strong margin, even with all the crit benefits paralord gets.
    Paralord's benefits come from the utility and progression-esque appeal it has; but it doesn't come close to a properly played 61 Paragon (with some decent ~40% ish crit RNG behind it).

I think the most prominent issue (that I have seen across the board in PuG and my guild alike) is how you handle disconnects with 61 Paragon.
    Every fight has them in T2 so far, there are no sustained DPS fights like Goloch (32k in Paragon v. 27.5k in Paralord) or loosely, Matriarch (parses are skewed on how many crystals I got, so I won't post )
    In effect, if you don't handle disconnects well or appropriately well, then Paralord will meet/surpass 61 Paragon. Handle them well, and 61 Paragon will surpass Paralord. (Of course there are some situations, where 61 Paragon will just not do well, period - eggtenders for example, if melees are going for the eggs or dealing with slam)
    [And also how you time your Alacritys; for me I, somehow oh so magically, seem to land my Alacritys during Lava Fields. It's just awesome (not being sarcastic. I didn't coordinate it, it just seems to happen all the time haha).]

Nonetheless, as you said, none of the current top 4/5 specs are end all be all - they all are relevant and whatever you are most comfortable with will easily pull ahead.
    So pick one that works for your playstyle .

I'd still recommend this spec for new warriors, casual players, or raiders who just want to dial down for farm content [61 Paragon can be taxing on your hands :/] or not care so much of the variance and play what comes naturally.
    61 Para can be oh so frustrating if your CF>RH doesn't crit.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 12-09-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post

There are no sustained dps fights in t2. Even if you had a sustained dps fight this will never out parse para. The "sustained dps" just isn't there. Also it doesn't compare with other classes and is not close to the top. Played around with it on Inyr and it was horrible, behind the bd on st.

As I said. It's a good spec if you're feeling lazy.

RIFT Guide Writer

The sustained dps in the DF for 61para and this spec were essentially the same for me in my live gear; however, you always have to understand that alacrity will be used during the cd portion of fights, so alacrity will be further buffed by FP, orchestra, etc etc. This cannot be replicated in the DF. This spec is pure sustained dps, and it will be behind 61 para because of it. Think of the margin of difference between harb/sham and 2.4 paragon; this is the same circumstance. This spec probably has a slightly higher upside than 2.4 para, but it will not beat the current 61 para specs, at least at my gear level.

If you hate the variance in dps from rng, then this spec will probably settle your heart. 2 weeks ago i did 33.4 on Krizzix with fairly good rng; last week, I barely broke 30k with a RH crit% of 30% and RW crit% of 45%. That's the bottom of the barrel in terms of RNG. My average RH percentage is usually in the 60s. I'm also bad at this game and probably forgot to put on my gear or something.

Edit: I just wanted to add that this spec is raid viable, but is not the top parsing warrior spec.
    Last edited by jopok; 12-09-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jopok View Post
    Edit: I just wanted to add that this spec is raid viable, but is not the top parsing warrior spec.
    This spec is easy - great for drinking/smoking at the same time

Better sustained DPS - Not so RNG dependent, but CP reliant.

However, will always be out parsed by 61 paragon (played correctly) in the raid environment - I do believe it is the 2nd highest parsing warrior spec atm though.
    Last edited by TheRoo; 12-10-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    Aroo - Werst Warrior Eva

Warrior Shenaniganator of Warcry on Faeblight
    9/9, 3/4 GA 1/5 PB 1/3 IG

Rift Disciple

any thoughts on trained defenses vs. calculating + three moves ahead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    ...its totally possible that a bug exists somewhere. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by bouhhan View Post
    any thoughts on trained defenses vs. calculating + three moves ahead?
    Trained Defenses > Calculating >>>>>> Three moves ahead
    Aroo - Werst Warrior Eva

Warrior Shenaniganator of Warcry on Faeblight
    9/9, 3/4 GA 1/5 PB 1/3 IG

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoo View Post
    Trained Defenses > Calculating >>>>>> Three moves ahead
    Quoted for truth!
    ]

Rift Disciple

Need a little more info here...

1) What is the point where you switch to shifting blades macro? It is a bit confusing to me since the spam and moon macro both already deplete attack points.
    2) Moon is also in the spam macro, is the moon macro in the listed rotation only because it assumes you start the boss at range?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoo View Post
    This spec is easy - great for drinking/smoking at the same time
    Ball so hard PVE'ers want to fine me
    Pls respond

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Exchequer View Post
    Need a little more info here...

1) What is the point where you switch to shifting blades macro? It is a bit confusing to me since the spam and moon macro both already deplete attack points.
    2) Moon is also in the spam macro, is the moon macro in the listed rotation only because it assumes you start the boss at range?
    1) before you use shifting blades you want to make sure you have all your buffs up. To do so you need to use setting moon once for its buff. You also want to use piercing thrust once because doing so gives you a 15% Damage boost.
    So the optimal way to do it when you first engage an enemy is
    Setting moon. Rising waterfall. Reaping harvest
    Piercing thrust. Rising waterfall. Shifting Blades

2) the setting moon macro is literally only there for when you first engage the enemy. As long as you stay on target setting moon will re apply itself once every 13s or so. If you disconnect at all for more than 3-4 seconds though you will need to manually apply it though or risk having it fall off. Which is why I included The karuul alert for it as well to help with tracking it.

Hope that helps
    ]

It should be noted, Drathek, that you could probably just do TtT>PT>SM as an opener for more up front burst. You don't get the two stacks of Unleashed up before the first SB but it won't hurt it's bottom line overall. It doesn't change the rotation you have posted either, but on a side note I'm finding that after when you attempt to do DT>RW>RH that PT isn't usually off CD so you wind up waiting for it. Maybe this is just because there isn't much server lag present in my dimension but you can always just compensate by doing DT>RW>SM>RH and it lines things up nicely. Food for thought

Soulwalker

I would like a clarification about the spam macro:

Spam Macro
    #show Death Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Tranquility
    cast Death Touch
    cast Setting Moon
    cast Shock Pulse

So this is supposed to cycle through Piercing Thrust, Tranquiliy, and Death Touch, while keeping attack-followup-finisher sequence. And at 30% or less, it will activate Final Blessing into the rotation. Do I understand correctly ?

Why is the Setting Moon there though ? It never gets activated if I spam this macro, I still need to use the Setting Moon macro to refresh the buff.

I am a beginner in warrior matters, so a detailed why would be awesome.

I tried the initial spec a couple days ago, and I set up Karuul Alert to show me the shifting blades buff as well, so I ended up watching 3 things: Setting Moon, Battle Surge and Shifting Blades.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast