+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [2.5] Paragon WL/Temp (3 button rotation)

Default [2.5] Paragon WL/Temp (3 button rotation)

Para WL/Temp --- Orginal spec is from: Necrotique

Tree:
    61 paragon, 10 WL 5/5 soldiers might, 5/5 strength of arms, 5 Temp 5/5 amped

Purpose:
    Raid single target dps spec, also a single target solo spec - Solo items will be marked by *

Buffs:
    Turn the Blade
    Way of the River
    Way of the Wind
    Enhanced Conductivity
    Recovery Posture
    *For solo: swap in Way of the sun for Way of River(if needed), and add Focus of Body

Macro's

Main spam macro: (1)

#show Death Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Death Touch
    cast Tranquility
    cast Setting Moon
    cast Shock Pulse

Cd macro: (2)

#show shifting blades
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Combat Focus
    cast Alacrity
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall

Dot macro: (3)

#show open the stream
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Open the Stream
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Setting Moon

*Solo macro (do not use this at a raid, lol, rotation is simple enough already.)
    (hurray for a 1 button solo macro)
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast final blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast shifting blades
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast thread the trees
    cast Death Touch
    cast Tranquility
    cast Setting Moon
    cast shock pulse
    cast Alacrity
    cast Combat Focus
    cast shield of will
    cast break free

Other keys not macro'd: Flinching Strike, Predictable Movements, Thread the Trees, Grasping the Horizon, Flurry, Fleet of Foot, Sweeping Blades

This is built to spam the macros, so instead of a 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 3 type of rotation, it's 111111111111133333332222222211111111 sytle, changing key to press at 3 swords when going to cd macro.

This spec is very unforgiving for going out of melee range. It can cause 1 and 2 sword finishers if you aren't prepared for it, although it's less unforgiving than the other 61para specs because you can hit main macro for shock pulse if GtH and Flurry are off CD

The rotation I use is:
    TtT, 3 until 3 swords(should be 1 press), spam 2 until a 2 sword finisher goes off(CF causes follow up to fire), then spam 1 until OtS is 1-2 sec left on timer, then spam 3 until 3 swords, spam 2 until shifting fires, then spam 1 until OtS is 1-2 seconds. Every 30 seconds CF will cause you to do a 2sword finisher using this.
    so TtT, 3, Spam 2, spam 1 until OtS,

I use Kalert to help with OtS timer:

KApen the stream:aKqRkeNo1TssKgzAQ/BW/wMZYfLAnGw300oK1t4CsmrYBjaLbg3/fGCi7
    MLPDMLMQQQPLiLteQ8L1rQkikE6TcF+0DeijgwetGicopChELt JLyVh6FjwD5r3SIYPavAhKJDyp
    51VhZ0ZDe2v62W6qn6cOqe2/42QskpltOAwb5DyGLEshT47lLgxEdWuq+mCRn5i5V5q/7K/EF8of
    Dl03lg

Setting moon should never drop with these macros, but here is that alert as well:

KA:setting moon:abhLUeNotjsEOgjAQRH/FL9C2BCiZEyJNPOgB8UZCqlRsbIqhe+Hvhca8Pex
    sJjsDjhZfpxczg0OtosXNEFk/7i7T5FGqo0h5nqpSpImqCwnBolOBrTT2RThp0ofufu70wzpLS2 +
    fkw+dt+ObAmn3MXPP+H4YAjgTElLmKLJtxPoKVX1t62bbeCRhs cb/HFUW49QPAGUyqQ

Other points of note. I no longer use swift strike. Setting moon does the same damage, and applies a buff.

This is not to be confused with an ae spec, but it does do decent splash ae with Sweeping blades. Enough that during twins in PBB death side, it should be enabled during bugs, and turned right back off after bugs.
    Urb@Greybriar

The kalert for OtS, the emoticon is, semicolon o
    Urb@Greybriar

KA:open the stream:aKqRkeNo1TssKgzAQ/BW/wMZYfLAnGw300oK1t4CsmrYBjaLbg3/fGCi7
    MLPDMLMQQQPLiLteQ8L1rQkikE6TcF+0DeijgwetGicopChELt JLyVh6FjwD5r3SIYPavAhKJDyp
    51VhZ0ZDe2v62W6qn6cOqe2/42QskpltOAwb5DyGLEshT47lLgxEdWuq+mCRn5i5V5q/7K/EF8of
    Dl03lg
    Urb@Greybriar

Shield of Telara

u can run the champ variant of 61para with the exact same rotation and get a passive 2.5% dmg increase + soldiers bearing

this is the build full st warriors should be running on inyrkta for min dps loss + pull

Quote Originally Posted by archaionfm View Post
    u can run the champ variant of 61para with the exact same rotation and get a passive 2.5% dmg increase + soldiers bearing
    On the dummy this is true, but in raid I don't see the damage increase from champ version. Every time I run the champ version my dps seems to drop a bit.
    Urb@Greybriar

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Urbie View Post
    On the dummy this is true, but in raid I don't see the damage increase from champ version. Every time I run the champ version my dps seems to drop a bit.
    wl variant has more str/ap than champ. i didnt really notice at all since i use rb variant primarily (thrax inyr and abom have tight sub-30% and rb performs better with more fbs in the rotation + ala) and dont even have champ variant.

10wl 5temp gives:
    12.5% dmg
    20% ap/weapon dmg contribution
    10% str
    7.5% end
    5% armor
    10% resists

13champ 2temp gives
    18% dmg (gift + soldiers)
    10% ap/wpn dmg cont
    10% str
    10% finisher (rh) dmg
    3% dodge chance

since rh is your main dps contributor its debatable as to whether 10% finisher dmg and 5.5% total dmg (buffed by critpower obv) is worth more than 10% ap/wdc. might be dependent on critpower.

might be dependent on critpower.

Maybe this is why, I'm not cp cap. My self buffed stats are (focus of body and planar edge pa on weapon):
    5295ap
    2725pc
    995cp

t2 4 piece
    t1 relic 2hander
    Urb@Greybriar

wl variant has more str/ap than champ. i didnt really notice at all since i use rb variant primarily (thrax inyr and abom have tight sub-30% and rb performs better with more fbs in the rotation + ala) and dont even have champ variant.

10wl 5temp gives:
    12.5% dmg
    20% ap/weapon dmg contribution
    10% str
    7.5% end
    5% armor
    10% resists

13champ 2temp gives
    18% dmg (gift + soldiers)
    10% ap/wpn dmg cont
    10% str
    10% finisher (rh) dmg
    3% dodge chance

since rh is your main dps contributor its debatable as to whether 10% finisher dmg and 5.5% total dmg (buffed by critpower obv) is worth more than 10% ap/wdc. might be dependent on critpower.
    Without being able to jump on the PTS and run some rotations, with my live gear, I'd say both specs are pretty close to one another. You are forgetting about the Armor debuff from the Mark though; which can't be taken out of the equation. RH, RW/FB, OtS, TQ, and SB carry the dps of both specs and the best way to determine which is going to do better, in a raid setting, is to just look at the tooltips for those skills. If I had to guess I'd say the 10% to finishers + 5% from gift/soldier's on Champ is better than the 10% AP/WD you get from going with the WL variant, but I could be wrong.

And on a side note, if you're wanting to run the WL variant you might as well go 12/3. It provides you with more surviability for progression fights (ie volan) and really takes the best of what WL and Champ have to offer; seeing as you only lose 4% AP/WD and gain 6% to finishers. If you're going for max DPS then the RB variant is the better option of the three; unless you just can't do oGCDs for whatever reason.

At the end of the day Ailion did a phenomenal job of keeping the 61 point variations so close to one another that it really boils down to preference and what subsouls you need for a specific encounter.
    Last edited by Killian26; 12-26-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Still using this spec just as posted. Only couple small tweeks.

Starting rotation I've changed it up a little.

Thread the trees, setting moon, OTS macro(1 tap), finisher macro(1 tap or multiple depending on if burn is needed right away), spam macro(multiple taps).

I've also looked at the 61para 12wl/3temp. I don't see it as a dps increase when I use it. It's choice of 6% to finishers, or 4% to AP and 4% to Weapon damage(I think most people see this as 6% vs 4%, but gotta remember it's 4% weapon and AP).
    Both specs are going to be very close, and the 12WL variant gives you defensive posture for 10% more hp if needed.
    Urb@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread