+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Warrior Leveling 1-60 [DPS] - [Champion / Warlord]

Rift Disciple

Been using this guide/build and its working great. I had a L50 Warrior and left before SL, now I am back and at L59.5, this guide helped ease my transition back into the game.

Havent been worried much about stats while leveling but now I am getting close to 60, I am starting to get confused. What stats should I be stacking on my gear? Yes I know for raiding its HIT, but what about Crit Power, Physical Crit, Attack Power. Had a few cases lately where I had 3 peices to chose from and those stats were the only difference, didnt know which to pick.

Pretty sure I have seen guides which discuss this, but I have not had luck finding them again. If someone could point me to it??

For those who want to make suggestions, I'm playing DPS, mostly open world stuff, quests events etc. Not planning on doing any serious raiding, but plan on getting "raid ready" because , hey its what we all build up to.

Ascendant

For you, Attack power > Crit Power > Physical Crit

If your would be considering raiding and whatnot a lot, then Crit power first, but since you aren't, the extra healing from attack power will be more useful then the slight dps advantage that crit power would give you.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Soulwalker

Just wanted to add my thanks to the list. Just got my little warrior to 60, after many (emphasis on many) different attempts and fails, using this guide. Easy and simple to use and I have shared it with several others! now the real effort begins to get her raid ready.

Soulwalker

Just wanted to say thanks, i have followed this guide from 1-60. Being a new player to Rift with my first character, following this guide made everything so much easier. I just hit 60 12 hours ago and i couldn't have done it, without the help of this guide.

Shadowlander

I'm glad all-you-alls have found the guide helpful. I still lurk, but repster tends to respond to posts before I have a chance to, and it seems silly to re-iterate.

update for 3.7:

liberator? meh. not really. similar to tempest in that you get a ranged ability for when you're not in melee, and then instead of enhanced conductivity, you get a heal over time. if you roll that way and have already forked over the 4500 / 5000 credits for the new souls, might be worth using as the 0pt.

Shadowlander

I have found this guide to be extremely helpful, especially since I'm not only learning how to play this Calling but how to play Rift itself (I haven't come to this game from WoW, ESO, etc.). Thanks to the advice here, my Warrior is about to reach Level 22, and I've been having a lot of fun. I agree that this build is a great choice for a new player, and I think this guide is very detailed and clear. I wish there were more like it for other builds.

I wasn't sure whether I should post this here or somewhere else, like Warrior Discussion, so I apologize if I made the wrong choice.

I was looking ahead at the Soul Tree for Level 60 linked here (to see where I'm headed) and was curious about something. I noticed that Blitz is never added, and I was hoping to get some insight into the reasoning behind leaving it out.

As suggested, I do use Sergeant's Order most of the time, to pull in my targeted mob. However, there are some occasions where I've been opting for Bull Rush instead. For example, I've used it as something of a "free hit" when initiating combat, because it also deals damage, unlike Sergeant's Order. Although I've been doing a lot of soloing, another instance where I've used Bull Rush is when I'm with one or more other players. If they're using ranged abilities, they sometimes kill the mob(s) before I can even get there, so I'll use Bull Rush to increase my chance of at least getting in a hit. I'll do that rather than use Sergeant's Order because I don't necessarily want to pull the mob away from the other player(s). This can often be the case in rifts, especially in the timed stages.

Now, my question regarding Blitz is: wouldn't it be useful to have in such circumstances? If I understand its description correctly, it would give me an added Attack Point every time I use Bull Rush. So, if I had one Attack Point already, I'd have three after using Bull Rush (one from Bull Rush and one from Blitz). It seems like that would enable me to use the highest level of a finisher that much sooner. Plus, it reduces the cooldown of Bull Rush by 5 seconds, in case I want to charge to another mob (with damage).

Maybe it's because I'm still new/low-level, but I was thinking of spending a point on Blitz rather than on Backhand, which is optional in this guide and apparently less useful later on anyway. I'm not sure I'd manage to use Backhand at the right time in any event, since I'm not yet using macros.

I know there's flexibility in this build, and the guide mentions that people can move points around as it suits them. I'd be glad to hear what others might have to say about spending this particular point. Do you think Blitz is worth having? If so and if Backhand is also useful (perhaps when I start using macros), what else can I "sacrifice" in order to get Blitz? Any feedback from the veteran Warriors out there would be appreciated!

Ascendant

Just go 4/5 deadly strikes. Or get rid of backhand. Or go 4/5 trained defense, or Soldier's might. It's all pretty much the same in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Just go 4/5 deadly strikes. Or get rid of backhand. Or go 4/5 trained defense, or Soldier's might. It's all pretty much the same in the end.
    Good suggestion — I haven't put any points into Trained Defenses yet, so I might only go to 4 there. I can always try experimenting with Backhand in macro later on.

Thanks for the input!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tempesto View Post
    Good suggestion — I haven't put any points into Trained Defenses yet, so I might only go to 4 there. I can always try experimenting with Backhand in macro later on.

Thanks for the input!
    One of the things I pointed out in this thread, maybe a couple pages back, was that the point spread is totally random at some points because I was just working on the guide and not really focusing on the best point usage... The guide doesn't even match up with what I used in game at the time, because I was doing it on a laptop without access to rift.

Especially post 50, you can probably spend the points a lot better. Really, as long as you end up with 41 warlord, and 32+ champion, it's going to be an effective build, even with the most random point spread you can think up.

Ascendant

Well, if you remember to grab Chains of life anyway. Otherwise, you might run into issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Perculator View Post
    One of the things I pointed out in this thread, maybe a couple pages back, was that the point spread is totally random at some points because I was just working on the guide and not really focusing on the best point usage... The guide doesn't even match up with what I used in game at the time, because I was doing it on a laptop without access to rift.
    OK, that'll be good to keep in mind. I've been following along pretty much to the letter, because it gives me a far, far better structure than I'd have otherwise. Now I'll know there's more wiggle room than I'd thought. I might have a reasonable idea about where those "random points" are: Generally, if an ability isn't mentioned in the guide by name, it's probably expendable and can be switched for something else (or fewer points can be put into it, if applicable). I've peered at guides for other specs whose authors are very much focused on what's supposed to be the absolute best point usage—nearly always looking for the highest damage output—and when they start getting down to differences in percentage points, they tend to lose me. That's one reason I find this guide so usable.

Quote Originally Posted by Perculator View Post
    Especially post 50, you can probably spend the points a lot better. Really, as long as you end up with 41 warlord, and 32+ champion, it's going to be an effective build, even with the most random point spread you can think up.
    That's reassuring. I'm just looking to be viable, I'm not worried about whether I'm the "perfect" DPS. If I'm lucky, whoever I group with will feel the same way. I do like these two souls, so now I feel more comfortable, hearing that 41 Warlord and 32+ Champion is workable no matter how I arrange it.

I'm not-so-secretly hoping that after 3.0 is out, you'll come back and add to this or do a separate guide for the build for Levels 61 - 65. I'm very curious about where this spec can go and would definitely welcome a follow-up. /unsubtle hint

Thanks so much for creating this guide!

Well, if you remember to grab Chains of life anyway. Otherwise, you might run into issues.
    Oh, so true! I'm not even at 50 yet (this is my first time through, and I'm taking my sweet time), and Chains of Life and Weapon Defense have kept me going.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tempesto View Post
    I'm not-so-secretly hoping that after 3.0 is out, you'll come back and add to this or do a separate guide for the build for Levels 61 - 65. I'm very curious about where this spec can go and would definitely welcome a follow-up. /unsubtle hint

Thanks so much for creating this guide!
    I can do that!

Level 61 take XXXX mastery that gives more AoE damage.
    Level 62 take XXXX mastery that gives more AoE damage.
    Level 63 take XXXX mastery that gives more AoE damage.
    Level 64 take XXXX mastery that gives more AoE damage.
    Level 65 take XXXX mastery that gives more AoE damage.

Boom done

There's been no real talk of any change to champ or warlord in a way that would affect this spec.

Shadowlander

There's been no real talk of any change to champ or warlord in a way that would affect this spec.

To be fair, I probably would update, if only to put a more recent date on the opening post in the thread and maybe getting editing privileges.

Ascendant

Probably a good idea, would hopefully stop people that keep asking for "up to date" specs, when this spec has been around for over a year and a half and works the exact same way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast