+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 117
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Warrior Leveling 1-60 [DPS] - [Champion / Warlord]

  1. #46
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    All good, I'm here to help. Below I'll list out some helpful links to answer your other questions.

    Tank guides. Either 61 Pally or VK are our go-to tank specs. 61 Pally for more defensive cds and overall mitigation, VK for more dps/utility if you don't really need the defensive cds.

    For any/all AOE purposes, check my sig for the 61 Champion guide.

    DPS guides. There's a variety of useful specs in that thread to check out, the most common being 61 Paragon for top melee ST dps and 61 Tempest for top ranged dps. The hybrids in there are all very viable as well so feel free to pick one that suits your play-style if needed.

    By defensive cds you mean interchangeable defensive skills with lower or higher cooldowns? I don't see why a tank would need dps unless you're doing a dungeon you outgear or outlevel and can sacrifice defense, or am I wrong?

  2. #47
    Ascendant Sedvick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    Shield Defense. That's what I mean by defensive cd, active mitigation. VK is just as good as Paladin when played correctly, but with fewer defensive cds. The reason I mentioned dps is because even though VK is a tank spec, it has the highest dps out of any of the 61 point tank specs, with tons of useful utility to boot (pulls/silences/purges/etc.).

  3. #48
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Shield Defense. That's what I mean by defensive cd, active mitigation. VK is just as good as Paladin when played correctly, but with fewer defensive cds. The reason I mentioned dps is because even though VK is a tank spec, it has the highest dps out of any of the 61 point tank specs, with tons of useful utility to boot (pulls/silences/purges/etc.).
    I see, thanks for the info.

    By the way, how useful is warrior dps for example compared to mage dps? I'm used to other mmos where a class like warrior for example would only use dps builds for pvp since no one needed a warrior dps in dungeons since mages have superior dps regardless, and warriors are the only tanks.

  4. #49
    Ascendant Sedvick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    Every class has viable dps specs and Warriors are no different.

  5. #50
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Is Paragon ever preferable to Champion in a dungeon unless it's for a boss? I can't see how even a really strong ST build could be preferable to an aoe build for a setting with lots of surrounding mobs.

  6. #51
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Is Paragon ever preferable to Champion in a dungeon unless it's for a boss?
    Generally you aoe trash. I can't think of any particularly hard, single target trash in dungeons that you would need the extra dps as paragon over champion for. Shifting blades means you can "technically" aoe, if the trash between bosses doesnt merit a switch back to champion.

    probably would only bother switching away from 61champion for bosses / switching away from paragon for trash if everyone in the group had low dps or mechanics tend to kill off people (empyrean core first boss, for example). Riftblade or Tempest are probably better as a "only spec ill use the entire dungeon" than champion or paragon.

  7. #52
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perculator View Post
    Generally you aoe trash. I can't think of any particularly hard, single target trash in dungeons that you would need the extra dps as paragon over champion for. Shifting blades means you can "technically" aoe, if the trash between bosses doesnt merit a switch back to champion.

    probably would only bother switching away from 61champion for bosses / switching away from paragon for trash if everyone in the group had low dps or mechanics tend to kill off people (empyrean core first boss, for example). Riftblade or Tempest are probably better as a "only spec ill use the entire dungeon" than champion or paragon.
    What's riftblade like?

  8. #53
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Inferior ST to any paragon/tempest spec. Better ST then any other spec then those. Better AoE then anything except champ.

    Riftblade is a pretty damn good all around spec for just about anything, and will be getting a bit better on the AoE whenever the Burst synergy change goes through.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

  9. #54
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perculator View Post
    For comparing one-handed weapons to two-handed weapons, you multiply your main hand damage by 1.3 to get the equivalent two handed dps -- as long as you have another one hander in your offhand (which just turns into a stat stick). When you equip a shield, you lose that multiplier on your one handed dps, but gain the armor.
    This is a little bit confusing to me. Can you clarify a bit? For example...

    Suppose I have a 50.0 DPS sword and 1500 AC shield right now. I use this build, I use Weapon Defense.

    What would be my total equivalent DPS if I had another of the same sword, just 65.0 (50x1.3)? Would it matter at all if I had just any old thing in offhand, as long as it had good stats? That's kinda messed up, lol.

    Or is it, as I see in another post, [1.3(main DPS + off DPS)]/2 ?That would mean the DPS of your offhand weapon is taken into account and should be as similar to your main weapon as possible. Trion does *not* calculate using this algorithm, correct?

    As far as two-handers go, is that just the straight DPS listed on the weapon? That doesn't get multiplied by anything at all, right? So to compete with dual wielding a 50.0 DPS and something else, I'd need a two-hander with at least 65.0 DPS?

    I'm not even gonna start worrying about Attack Power mods yet, I'm only level 36 coming back from about June 2011.

  10. #55
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoban Grimm View Post

    Suppose I have a 50.0 DPS sword and 1500 AC shield right now. I use this build, I use Weapon Defense.

    What would be my total equivalent DPS if I had another of the same sword, just 65.0 (50x1.3)? Would it matter at all if I had just any old thing in offhand, as long as it had good stats? That's kinda messed up, lol.

    As far as two-handers go, is that just the straight DPS listed on the weapon? That doesn't get multiplied by anything at all, right? So to compete with dual wielding a 50.0 DPS and something else, I'd need a two-hander with at least 65.0 DPS?
    Correct. Secondary weapon is nothing but stats and allows you to get the multiplier.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

  11. #56
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Thank you for this guide. I hit 60 with my warrior yesterday using this build. It really was a breeze.

  12. #57
    Telaran Eziair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Just starting out using this guide. Fun so far but I'm only lvl 9 atm

    I was wondering if anyone had a kalert for it?

  13. #58
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    K alert is pointless for this spec. You can just, you know, look at you bar to see the one or two abilities who's cooldown you care about. Everything else just handles itself as you go.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

  14. #59
    Telaran Eziair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    K alert is pointless for this spec. You can just, you know, look at you bar to see the one or two abilities who's cooldown you care about. Everything else just handles itself as you go.
    okey-dokey

  15. #60
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    194

    Default

    I've been 60 for a while now. Wanted to give you my opinion on this build for those who are wondering if this is a good build or not.

    First, I have full t1 gear with torvan / lycini essences and cape. I use two t1 weapons, with honed edge-wpn enchantment on both. I have warlord synergy crystal, nothing I have is Bis.

    I tank crater and hive with ease. Even the hive's army of those small bugs, no competition. For those who don't know what I am talking about, fights are usually around 10 mobs of which around 5 are elites.

    Dps at Tb aoe dummies is 55k, solid. St is around 10k but that's not what this spec is for anyway. I use this for raid trash, being top 3 dps always. I'm never out of energy.

    If played correctly, this spec makes you immortal. This coming from a guy who died twice on the road to 60. Mainly because I ran out of charges and Fury Of the A. in the middle of invasions. This build is 10/10 for me. Thank you for this, op.

    ~Plastic@Typhiria

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts