+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 51 Paragon/25 Champ - Looking for some Feedback

Default 51 Paragon/25 Champ - Looking for some Feedback

Hey guys, I'd love to get some feedback on this spec I've been working with. I've tried a couple combinations, and I'm pulling roughly equal numbers between the 2, but I'm not on PTS and my gear isn't that good. Thought maybe a couple of you guys that test builds on the PTS wouldn't mind checking it out and offering feedback.

The builds:

51Para/25Champ/0RB: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#3...GFl8/7v14gr0/2

51Para/25Champ/0Tempest: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#3...GFl8/7v14gr0/V

Buffs:

Way of the River
    Way of the Wind
    Focus of Body
    Storm Blade / Enhanced Conductivity
    Slayer's Bearing (with RB) / Soldier's Bearing (with Tempest)

TtB turned on.

Macros:

Builder
    Code:
    #show Rising Waterfall
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Setting Moon
    Shifting Blades
    Code:
    #show Shifting Blades
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Tranquility
    cast Death Touch
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    On Separate Binds:

Reaping Harvest (RH)
    Mark of Inevitability (MoI)
    Flurry
    Grasping the Horizon

Rotation:
    Code:
    TtT > MoI > RW > SB
    Tranq > DT > RW > RH
    SM > RW > RH (repeat until SB off CD, refresh MoI as needed)
    I have my binds set as:

1 - Builder Macro
    2 - Shifting Blades Macro
    3 - RH
    4 - Mark of Inevitability

Using macros, the rotation is
    Code:
    Open:
    TtT > 4 > 1 

2 2 2 2 > 3
    1 1 > 3 (repeat til 2 is off CD)
    Throw in 4 as needed to refresh
    I have thought about moving a few points around, such as dropping a point in Grim Satisfaction and putting it in Titan's Strength, and/or dropping Flinching Strike and moving it to Combat Precision.

Like I said, I'd love to see your thoughts on this build, it's doing pretty well for me so far, but I'd like to see what kind of potential it has.

Thanks!

54/22 is the spec.

parses ~ 25k on pts test gear no consumables. thought of writing some sort of a guide but its fairly obvious build and doesnt contribute something except good sustained dps.
    Dps warrior - Apotheosys
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by seppy View Post
    54/22 is the spec.

parses ~ 25k on pts test gear no consumables. thought of writing some sort of a guide but its fairly obvious build and doesnt contribute something except good sustained dps.
    Except that's not the build I linked or have been working with/on. Care to explain why 54/22 is better? All I can see is getting 8% armor ignore and OtS for 6% overall damage.

Champion of Telara

I believe I tried this...or else it was 44 part 32 champ.. Did Ok but was definitely several thousand lower than 61 paragon or paralord. That being said I can't say 100% that I tried your variation. So will test it this weekend.

0 tempest parses higher for me then rb personally from other specs though and also gives you another disconnect tool which puts it ahead for me personally
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Llokii View Post
    Except that's not the build I linked or have been working with/on. Care to explain why 54/22 is better? All I can see is getting 8% armor ignore and OtS for 6% overall damage.
    Open the Stream is worth it.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7.../3t2GBgllkGA/V

open the stream is better than intense training and 1 on mired.
    max titan str and none or 1 point to grim is enough.
    except from dps thing, with 54 u get utility too.

as i said this around 25k. i like it and its the best "no burst crap" there is. but it wont pull more than 61 para
    Dps warrior - Apotheosys
    Retired

as i said this around 25k. i like it and its the best "no burst crap" there is. but it wont pull more than 61 para
    Cool, thanks Seppy =)

Shadowlander

Had the same results mor or less between paralord, 54/22 and 61 para if I parse more than 5 minutes in golem fundry.

But 61 para can pull better results thanks to burst mécanics in raid situation. Still a great spec to start using para or when the encounter need sustained dps and lot of reactivity (semi faceroll spec)

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Open the Stream is worth it.
    ^ this right here. I tried messing with 51/25 and 51/23/2 and the results didn't consistently come out over 54/22. On the tool tips 51/23/2(temp) shows the abilities hitting for about 300 more but that failed to cover the spread of OtS. The 51 variants were able to burst up to what 54/22 could do, but that was reliant on RNG more so than the stable 54/22. I'd say Seppy is lowballing the 54/22 a bit because I'm getting around 25.3-25.5 on average. I was looking for an RB replacement for certain fights and this fills that void.

I haven't messed with Paralord much so I can't comment on what's it's capable of in test gear but I would think this variation could come close to it's ST...maybe. It def has better AoE though.
    Last edited by Killian26; 12-02-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Definitely none in grim. I used it tonight in FT for ****s and giggles and never needed VoJ. Question now is whether SS is worth taking since it's so weak with low point Champ investment.
    Last edited by Killian26; 12-02-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian26 View Post
    Definitely none in grim. I used it tonight in FT for ****s and giggles and never needed VoJ. Question now is whether SS is worth taking since it's so weak with low point Champ investment.
    Yeah, I didn't think SS was worth it with fewer points in Champ. The only thing that makes me think it might be is as a filler after using SB, so the next 3 attacks would be Tranq, DS, SS, making the RH use the third charge of SB instead of RW/FB. Not sure if that would be a dps loss though, I haven't tested it.

I was thinking more along the lines of 5 man's with the points in Grim. I agree it would be a waste in a raid setting.

Thanks again to all who tested this spec, I really appreciate the feedback

Another question I have. What is the best SB rotation? I had read somewhere that getting Tranq and DT while SB is up is best, but then RH isn't on the SB block. Right now, I have my macro doing

SB > Tranq > DT > RW/FB
    then RH

What I'm wondering is if

SB > Tranq > RW/FB > RH

will hit better than the current setup (putting DT into another macro).

Another question I have. What is the best SB rotation? I had read somewhere that getting Tranq and DT while SB is up is best, but then RH isn't on the SB block. Right now, I have my macro doing

SB > Tranq > DT > RW/FB
    then RH

What I'm wondering is if

SB > Tranq > RW/FB > RH

will hit better than the current setup (putting DT into another macro).
    This was discussed somewhere in another, similar hybrid thread and I believe the conclusion led to Tranq>RW>RH coming out ahead in most cases. I can't find the exact post, but Solaxys was the person who "did the math" if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    This was discussed somewhere in another, similar hybrid thread and I believe the conclusion led to Tranq>RW>RH coming out ahead in most cases. I can't find the exact post, but Solaxys was the person who "did the math" if I'm not mistaken.
    Ok, so I've been messing with this spec a bit more, and have modified it to be

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7.../3r2Ba1lliGg/V

Moved the points from Grim to 2/5 Deadly Strikes and 5/5 Titan's Strength.

Perhaps it's my gear level (still working on expert gearing) but all of my parsing using 54/22 (to get OtS) have been slightly lower DPS than using this build.

I use the same basic rotation, but toss in the OtS macro when it's falling off instead of the normal ST macro. Using OtS in my rotation, I'm pulling between 10.5k and 11k dps (avg about 10.8k), where using this build without OtS i'm pulling 10.8k to 11.5k, averaging a little more than 11k. So dps difference is small from my personal testing, I'm assuming at T1/2 level gear, OtS scales better. Thoughts?

Also, the main reason I had Grim in there before was for 5-mans, where I could get energy starved, although it doesn't happen until about 3 mins in from my testing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast